What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate these two movies (1 Viewer)

Inglourious Basterds

• Total voters
Feels like Snatch is teetering on greatness from the first round of ballots, but just short...

Curious from those 8-9 voters what the missing piece was that would bring it to a 10? 

Snatch 9

IB 7

Both great movies, liked Snatch better overall.  If you're a Tarantino lover I could see IB going higher.  I like Tarantino, but I'm not a super "ZOMG Pulp Fiction is the gratest movie EVAR" Tarantino fanboy

Snatch is one of my all time favorite movies. Agree with whomever said the characters are perfect and it's highly quotable. Big fan of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, too  :thumbup:   :thumbup:

Like IB, too, but not as much  :thumbup:

Basterds highs are higher than Snatch's.  Snatch is more consistent.  Snatch is the cooler movie. 
This is about my exact take.  Snatch is more fun and consistent, but there is nothing in that movie that is near as good as the top 2-3 scenes in Basterds.  Rated Snatch an 87 and Basterds an 8

I hate mobile fbg.  That should be Snatch 7, Basterds 8. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave Snatch a 9, IB an 8. I really like both.

IMO..

Snatch > Lock Stock >>>> RockNRolla

But I love them all.

Layer Cake is also good if you're into Guy Ritchie type movies. It's the first time I saw Daniel Craig and it likely went a long way in landing him the 007 gig.

Snatch is a fantastic film, I own the disc and I'll still watch it whenever it comes on over the air. I gave it a 9, probably should have gone 10. They got everything right in that one, right down to the perfect soundtrack.

I saw IB once. It was tepidly entertaining, but I've never felt the urge to see it again.  I gave it a 5, probably could have gone 6. I'm stingy with the praise.

Went with Snatch as a 9 but probably should've gone 10.

IB just a 7.  I'd love to see a Tarantino movie where you can go more than three minutes without being forcefully reminded that you're watching a Tarantino movie.

Went with Snatch as a 9 but probably should've gone 10.

IB just a 7.  I'd love to see a Tarantino movie where you can go more than three minutes without being forcefully reminded that you're watching a Tarantino movie.
Jackie Brown might qualify. I also think it may be his best movie, for exactly that reason.

fantasycurse42 said:
Feels like Snatch is teetering on greatness from the first round of ballots, but just short...

Curious from those 8-9 voters what the missing piece was that would bring it to a 10? 
The question remains, I'm just curious as to why a 9, but not 10?

In the comments multiple people note voting 9, but think it might've been a 10.

I'd expect most people just don't dole out 10's very easily. Its a good comedy with eccentric characters, stylish violence and that hip quirky fast-paced dialogue everyone loves. But its not a 10. You have to leave some room for the gap to Godfather and Apocalypse Now, or the rating scale becomes meaningless.

I'd expect most people just don't dole out 10's very easily. Its a good comedy with eccentric characters, stylish violence and that hip quirky fast-paced dialogue everyone loves. But its not a 10. You have to leave some room for the gap to Godfather and Apocalypse Now, or the rating scale becomes meaningless.
this.

I've got a bunch of movies that I love. I've got a handful that I think are pretty much perfect. and I've got a bigger group of movies that I think are great, but aren't quite in the other two groups. Snatch is there for me. 

IB was disposable for me. I appreciate the craft, but am a bit over the QT factor- especially the writing. recent Woody Allen films are pretty much in the same boat. 

In the comments multiple people note voting 9, but think it might've been a 10.
I am sure a big part is that people's 9s and 10s differ.  People have some odd rating systems around these parts, and you didn't specify what a 10 is.  For me 10 = best/favorite all time movie.  9 = excellent movie maybe in the tops of the decade  8= a top movie from that year 7 = good movie that I would watch multiple times, but not best of the year material (which is why I voted Snatch a 7). 

I am sure a big part is that people's 9s and 10s differ.  People have some odd rating systems around these parts, and you didn't specify what a 10 is.  For me 10 = best/favorite all time movie.  9 = excellent movie maybe in the tops of the decade  8= a top movie from that year 7 = good movie that I would watch multiple times, but not best of the year material (which is why I voted Snatch a 7). 
Fair enough, I'd put a 10 as one of your top 10 favorites. 

Users who are viewing this thread