What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Road trip to Wrigley (1 Viewer)

=Smackdown=

Footballguy
Headed to Wrigley for the first time Thursday May 4th to Sunday May 7th - super excited. Yankees in town that weekend.

Flights booked - $180 round trip from NYC which is fantastic.

Hotel booked - Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Got tickets for Friday's day game vs. Yankees - Cinco de mayo which will be nuts

Working on tickets for Saturdays game.

Looking for advice for must-see's while near Wrigley. Bar/Restaurant recommendations? Breweries to go to? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Flying isn't really a road trip, lol. As for bars, I'd just bar hop around the stadium. Cubby Bear, Murphys, Sluggers. Yakzies has some decent wings. Have fun!

Saw this reply on Reddit. Thought it was solid

Hello friend, glad to hear you're gonna make it to Wrigley, should be a blast. Here's what I do whenever I take someone to Wrigley for the first time...

I almost always take them to Glenn's Diner for lunch, which is ~1.5 miles from Wrigley. So if you Uber there, its an easy walk that lets you get a feel for the surrounding neighborhood. Great seafood and solid beer selection. If you arent into seafood dont go there.

Walking into Wrigleyville you'll see a ton of bars/restaurants. Everyone has their favorites but if you get into Wrigleyville early enough I'd recommend a beer or three at Murphy's if they have outdoor seating available. Its really cool to see the hustle and bustle of a game and all of the folks coming and going.

From there either settle in and enjoy the environment or go explore the other bars. I like Merkles, but thats more of a personal preference, as one of the owners/managers has always been pretty great to me and remembers me every time I wander in. 

If you've got bleacher tickets, which I recommend, head in when gates open and check out BP. Maybe you'll even catch a BP ball. Or maybe you'll see someone get smoked by a ball because they've got a beer in each hand and arent paying attention. (Yes, I saw that once, guy was fine and took a shot to the arm, beer explosion everywhere) If you have seats in the concourse area you can wander all around the park EXCEPT the bleachers, so feel free to head in early and explore the area. When I sit in the concourse I like to head up to the outdoor concession stand under/behind the press box. You can also people watch the masses of people heading into the park from up there.

After the game if you're hungry I'd recommend Dimo's, they have unique pizza options like mac 'n cheese, blt, etc. Served by the slice too, so easy to grab and go.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Most importantly, have fun. 

Murphys, Cubby Bear, Sluggers are all mainstays.

Im a huge Yakzies fan(if you like wings) 

pantagrapher said:
No love for Gingerman? Best bar in the area (although admittedly, I haven't seen it since the recent rehab).
I remember when that place wanted nothing to do with the Cubs crowd. On game days they'd blast opera music out the windows to keep them away. 

An absolutely fantastic trip - loved the stadium and the surrounding bars/restaurants in the neighborhood. Only complaint - it was cold and the wind was relentless.

Also do not understand why the 2 new ball parks in NY can't have the restaurant/bar scene that Wrigley has. Citifield has chop shops/flat tire repair business surrounding the entire stadium. Yankee stadium has Stan's but its pretty much a dump compared to the scene right outside Wrigley.

Good times - would love to go back.

Users who are viewing this thread