What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MFL.com Waivers (1 Viewer)

a_rackowski

Footballguy
So I have never had an issue with the waiver system before.  I figured this was a bug they had to work out, but it appears not to be the case. 

Does anyone have a similar waiver system they use and how did they set it up? 

Blind bidding from Kickoff Sunday until 7PM on Wednesday. 

First Come, First Server from 715PM Wednesday until Kickoff. 

seems like such a simple waiver setup, but I am struggling for whatever reason - and that reason is prob cause I havent had to mess with my waiver setup in so many years now. 

I just logged on to search this exact topic. I'm having issues as well. There was a larger MFL upgrade thread where someone posted a pretty detailed method for setting up this type of WW, but I still had issues even after doing this.

My exact times are a bit different, but I essentially run the same WW schedule. BB from kickoff Sunday until WED afternoon, then FCFS from WED afternoon until the following kickoff. The way I have mine setup is having "Process Blind Bid Waivers" setup on the league calendar for WED afternoon. I haven't run a BB period yet, so I'm unsure if BB requests will actually process as they should.

My main issue is setting up the FCFS period and locking players from Add/Drop while a BB period is going on. What I first tried was setting both "Lock All Free Agents" AND "No Add/Drops" on Sunday to signify the beginning of the BB period, then I set both "Unlock All Free Agents" AND "Allow Add/Drops" on WED afternoon to signify the beginning of FCFS after the BB period. The problem here was that by setting "No Add/Drops", it locks the entire FA pool to owners and it wouldn't even allow owners to make BB requests.

From there I decided to delete the "No Add/Drop" and "Allow Add/Drop" and just used the Lock/Unlock all free agents on SUN and WED to set the FCFS period. The problem that created is that it now allows owners to make FCFS Add/Drops at anytime, even during the Sun-Wed period where all Free Agents are supposed to be lock. During the BB period, when you click on a player's name on the Add/Drop page, it gives you a checkbox option to process the move as a BB request instead of the FCFS move. That's all well and good, but the problem is that it still gives owners the option to freely add the player as a FCFS transaction, even though it should be a BB only period. 

So I'm not stuck in a spot where if I setup a "No Add/Drop" period, then the entire FA list is blank and owners can't even submit BB requests. However if I delete the "No Add/Drop" period and only use a "Lock All Free Agents" period, it doesn't actually lock the FAs and it allows owners to perform FCFS moves at any time even though that shouldn't be allowed during the BB period. At this point it's up to the individual owner to check the box the submit their request as a BB waiver. If they forget to do this, the site allows them to pick the player up immediately.

Maybe I am dumb but I am still not seeing how this will work.  I asked MFL how to do it and this is their response.  Respectfully, I am just not seeing it and for the first time in over 15 years, I am considering going elsewhere

To set up your add/drop events you will go to the Setup > Waivers Setup > General Add/Drop Setup and choose the following:
Type of Add/Drop System: Waiver Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest or Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest
Do You Want To Process Waiver Requests Automatically? Yes
What days do you want Waivers to Run?: Wednesday
What Time do you want Waivers run?: 7pm ET
Dropped Players are Locked Until: Dropped players are not locked when dropped
Lock all FA Each Week on: Sun @ 1pm ET
Prevent Owners From Making ANY Add/Drops Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? Yes

Then for the offseason you would need simply go to the Setup > Waivers Setup > Transaction Calendar Setup and edit the start time of the events to be Sun Aug 27th and Wed Aug 29th respectively for your 2 events so that they begin before the season.

And sorry for the confusion, these are both in the Help > Help Center > Commissioner Tutorials for the topic of Examples on how to set up your events, one under seasonal and the other for preseason. but instead of adding preseason events you can simply edit yours for ease.

General Add/Drop setup

ADD/DROP AND WAIVERS SETUP

Choose Blind Bid Waivers and FCFS, players don't lock when dropped (unless you want drops forced to next BB waiver run, then choose last option)

What Type Of Add/Drop System Does Your League Use?

Always First Come/First Serve
 Always Via Waiver Requests
 Waiver Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest
 Always Via Blind Bid Requests
 Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest
 None Of The Above
Hint: Select None of the Above if you want the commissioner to make all the moves or you play in a draft-only league.

Dropped Players Are Locked Until:

Players are not locked when dropped. They can be immediately picked up (subject to league's waiver rules)
 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  day(s) later
 the following Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat  at Midnight 1 a.m. 2 a.m. 3 a.m. 4 a.m. 5 a.m. 6 a.m. 7 a.m. 8 a.m. 9 a.m. 10 a.m. 11 a.m. Noon 1 p.m. 2 p.m. 3 p.m. 4 p.m. 5 p.m. 6 p.m. 7 p.m. 8 p.m. 9 p.m. 10 p.m. 11 p.m.  ET
 The first waivers run after 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  days

Create calendar events

Lock All Free Agents

Sun Sep 10 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

Edit

Delete

Unlock All Currently Locked Players

Wed Sep 13 7:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

Edit

Delete

Process Blind Bid Waivers

Wed Sep 13 7:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

Edit

Delete

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm not stuck in a spot where if I setup a "No Add/Drop" period, then the entire FA list is blank and owners can't even submit BB requests. However if I delete the "No Add/Drop" period and only use a "Lock All Free Agents" period, it doesn't actually lock the FAs and it allows owners to perform FCFS moves at any time even though that shouldn't be allowed during the BB period. At this point it's up to the individual owner to check the box the submit their request as a BB waiver. If they forget to do this, the site allows them to pick the player up immediately.
I wanted to beat my head into a wall, as I was trying to set up our offseason WW runs (and we don't allow FA pickups in the offseason).  I couldn't get the "Lock All Free Agents" to actually lock anyone.  So I guessed and did a waiver wire run, followed by a "Lock All Free Agents" event (I did make sure there were no WW bids in).  And lo and behold that worked and all the FAs are now locked.  When (as an owner) I go to For Owners -> Add/Drops to add a player, it says the player is locked and the Add/Drop will be entered as a waiver bid.

Now I just have to see if the first offseason WW run actually works.

I wanted to beat my head into a wall, as I was trying to set up our offseason WW runs (and we don't allow FA pickups in the offseason).  I couldn't get the "Lock All Free Agents" to actually lock anyone.  So I guessed and did a waiver wire run, followed by a "Lock All Free Agents" event (I did make sure there were no WW bids in).  And lo and behold that worked and all the FAs are now locked.  When (as an owner) I go to For Owners -> Add/Drops to add a player, it says the player is locked and the Add/Drop will be entered as a waiver bid.

Now I just have to see if the first offseason WW run actually works.
You don't need a waivers run first.  All players start unlocked, and if you want to lock them just set an event on the calendar to lock them.  I rolled my team over one day around noon, set a "Lock All Free Agents" to run at 12:30, and they locked just fine.

You don't need a waivers run first.  All players start unlocked, and if you want to lock them just set an event on the calendar to lock them.  I rolled my team over one day around noon, set a "Lock All Free Agents" to run at 12:30, and they locked just fine.
Mine wouldn't. I have no idea why; it didn't make any sense. 

I asked MFL again and they insist that the way I have it set up now will work.  I wanted blind bidding to start 2-3 weeks before the season. 

To set up your add/drop events you will go to the Setup > Waivers Setup > General Add/Drop Setup and choose the following:
Type of Add/Drop System: Waiver Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest or Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest
Prevent Owners From Making ANY Add/Drops Between Kickoff of that player's game and the end of the last game of the week? Yes

Then for the offseason you would need simply go to the Setup > Waivers Setup > Transaction Calendar Setup and edit the start time of the events to be Sun Aug 27th and Wed Aug 29th respectively for your 2 events so that they begin before the season.

I asked MFL again and they insist that the way I have it set up now will work.  I wanted blind bidding to start 2-3 weeks before the season. 

What did you do to get your calendar to have Begin Blind Bid Waivers and End Blind Bid Waivers?

Existing Events

Event Title

Date/Time Of Event

Edit?

Delete?

Draft

Thu Aug 24 12:15:00 a.m. CT 2017

Edit

Delete

Process Blind Bid Waivers

Wed Aug 30 7:00:00 p.m. CT 2017 (Happens 19 more weeks.)

Edit

Delete

Lock All Free Agents

Sun Sep 10 12:00:00 p.m. CT 2017 (Happens 16 more weeks.)

Edit

Delete

No Add/Drops Allowed

Thu Feb 1 7:00:00 p.m. CT 2018

Edit

Delete

We just had our draft, and FCFS was due to open.

However all the players are locked.

I created a league event called "unlock all players" for earlier today but it is still saying all the players are locked so no-one can pick anyone up.

How do I unlock them?

This is beyond frustrating!

Did you create the event prior to the time you entered it?  The event has to "fire" so you can't retro change it that way.  You'll need to set the event for the next available slot, so if it's 11:35 set it to run at 11:45.

So we are having problems with our league that we have had for years at MFL...we have always had Waivers until Wednesday at 5:00...then it's FCFS(and should be now), however for whatever reason, the FCFS doesn't work. Waivers runs at 5PM on Wednesdays...but FCFS is supposed to start Wednesday at 5:15...yet when you try to go in and pick up a player..it just "kicks it" right back into Waivers again..like for the next week...what is our commish doing wrong?? It worked just fine until the upgrade...am I reading this thread right that you must set something on the calendar to make it work?? Can anyone assist please??

Did you create the event prior to the time you entered it?  The event has to "fire" so you can't retro change it that way.  You'll need to set the event for the next available slot, so if it's 11:35 set it to run at 11:45.
This would seem to be pretty important as well...if true

Bump - what a mess.  Anyone have any success with this yet? 
Yes, what specifically do you need done? 

Theres actually a very good thread on their forums where bonscott walks a bunch of people through which helped me through my confusion. For a "normal" waiver process the below is what you want to accomplish:

Simply, in order to run waivers, players need to be locked. So step 1, lock your players.

Step 2, set date when waivers run.

Step 3 have all players unlock if it then goes to first come first serve.

Players will lock automatically as their games start.

Step 4 lock players again on Monday at 10PM EST to then get ready for the following week's waivers.

edit: the above is all for in season, if you want to run something out of season like waivers before the starts you need to do a special waiver run as well.

for out of season I would say no adds/drops until the week of when you want to run. Then mirror the above with whatever you need to do before the season starts.

Maybe its just me.

I am not finding the thread but will find it.

There should be no add drops between now and the draft (AUG 29th)

Once draft is complete, there is a blind bidding waiver period. 

Blind bid waivers are processed on Wednesday September 6th at 7PM.

First come, First serve waivers then run from Wednesday after 7pm thru kickoff Sunday. 

I am worried about locking free agents - worried that this will make them unavailable during the draft. 

No Add/Drops Allowed         Sun Aug 6 1:45:00 p.m. CT 2017 until Mon Aug 28 11:45:00 p.m. CT 2017EditDelete

Draft                                      Tue Aug 29 6:00:00 a.m. CT 2017EditDelete

Lock All Free Agents            Sat Sep 2 12:00:00 p.m. CT 2017 (Happens 18 more weeks.)EditDelete

Process Blind Bid Waivers    Wed Sep 6 7:00:00 p.m. CT 2017 (Happens 18 more weeks.)EditDelete

No Add/Drops Allowed          Thu Feb 1 7:00:00 p.m. CT 2018EditDelete

****** I guess my question is similar to HankMooody - What in the above will trigger the blind bidding waivers to start?  ******

There is no "start".  They just "process" when you tell them to.  You have them set to process on Wednesdays at 7:00.  You don't need to run the "Lock All Free Agents" unless you have a prior unlock or dropped players are unlocked.

The "No drops allowed" prevents owners from even being able to queue up requests.  After the 28th at 11:45 they will be able to submit claims, which will process on 9/6.  Then beginning Feb 1 owners won't even be able to submit requests.

Anyone have 2 blind bidding periods in a week, followed by FCS? We have blind bidding until Wed night, and then another blind bidding period though Saturday night followed by FCFS until kick-off Sunday. I cannot figure out how to open FCFS after the second blind bid. 

eta-I think if I lock all players at Wed when the first blind bidding runs thaat may do the trick.

The changes they have made are going to go haywire once the first weeks waivers are done. 

For a start if you have the 8th pick on a waiver you have to drop a player 8 times and list a replacement each time. If you 2 rounds, imagine having to 20 different transactions? You could do it so much quicker last year. Am I missing something here or do you have to go through this painful process?

The changes they have made are going to go haywire once the first weeks waivers are done. 

For a start if you have the 8th pick on a waiver you have to drop a player 8 times and list a replacement each time. If you 2 rounds, imagine having to 20 different transactions? You could do it so much quicker last year. Am I missing something here or do you have to go through this painful process?

What?  They still have conditional bidding.  From everything I've seen so far this is much more user friendly for owners.  Just a bit of a learning curve for commishes.

Plain and simple...Their waiver system is atrocious right now. No other way to put it, to many steps for what was easy as heck last year and previous. Not a fan. 

I still absolutely hate that when I go back to edit my blind bids, I have to completely delete them all and refill them out even if I just wanted to change the dollar amount.  Such a pain when I have a decent list of bids.  

I still absolutely hate that when I go back to edit my blind bids, I have to completely delete them all and refill them out even if I just wanted to change the dollar amount.  Such a pain when I have a decent list of bids.  
You should have to just delete the bid for the player who you want to change amount bid on. That's how my leagues work.

Anyone have 2 blind bidding periods in a week, followed by FCS? We have blind bidding until Wed night, and then another blind bidding period though Saturday night followed by FCFS until kick-off Sunday. I cannot figure out how to open FCFS after the second blind bid. 

eta-I think if I lock all players at Wed when the first blind bidding runs thaat may do the trick.
Thanks Boxer, we have the same setup.

What?  They still have conditional bidding.  From everything I've seen so far this is much more user friendly for owners.  Just a bit of a learning curve for commishes.
We dont have blind bidding.

we have waivers.

On the add/drop screen, if someone has the 9th pick for waivers you have to drop a player and add 9 players in separate transactions to ensure you get a replacement. If you do 2 rounds you theoretically have to do this 21 mf times.

Is there any easier way?

we have waivers.

On the add/drop screen, if someone has the 9th pick for waivers you have to drop a player and add 9 players in separate transactions to ensure you get a replacement. If you do 2 rounds you theoretically have to do this 21 mf times.

Is there any easier way?
I'd definitely send a help request if you are having problems. I asked for help in setting up our post-auction waivers just this morning and got s prompt reply that answered the question ASAP.

I have the following events set up.  I want two waiver periods.  One ends Wendesday night and one ends Saturday morning.  After Saturday morning, everyone should be available for FCFS claims.

EVENT TITLECUSTOM       DATE/TIME OF EVENT                      EDIT    DELETE
Process Blind Bid Waivers     Wed Sep 6 10:00:00 p.m. CT 2017 (Happens 16 more weeks.)EditDelete
Process Blind Bid Waivers     Sat Sep 9 10:00:00 a.m. CT 2017 (Happens 16 more weeks.)EditDelete
Lock All Free AgentsSun      Sep 10 12:00:00 p.m. CT 2017 (Happens 16 more weeks.)EditDelete
No Add/Drops AllowedSun     Dec 31 3:00:00 p.m. CT 2017EditDelete

Do I need to set up an event to "Lock all Free Agents" after my Wendnesday waiver processing?

we have waivers.

Is there any easier way?
 Conditional waivers isn't an option?

Do I need to set up an event to "Lock all Free Agents" after my Wendnesday waiver processing?
Processing Waivers automatically also unlocks all free agents, so I think you do need a 'Lock all Free Agents' set for: Wed Sep 6 10:00:00 p.m. CT 2017 (Happens 16 more weeks.).

That's if no FCFS pickups are allowed between the two blind bid waiver times.

Not clear to me if dropped players would get/stay locked, too.  Think so, but would set them to lock until at least Sat 10 am CST, just to be sure they don't get picked up FCFS between blind bid periods.

its so broken now that I might not go back to MFL again

It wants to lock up players at 1pm on sundays and how do I create Blind Bidding

Locked players are the ones that get bid on.  Unlocked player are available to be picked up immediately (FCFS).

You want them locked if doing blind bid waivers.

We don't do bids, just waivers followed by FCFS. I simply set up as stated below:

Lock All Free Agents        Mon Sep 11 9:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)    Edit    Delete
Process Waivers        Wed Sep 13 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)    Edit    Delete

I hope that's right. Basically, in our league we are going to open up FCFS for a few days before kickoff of week 1 games. Then there is a setting to lock each player at the start of their game. The Monday night lock will lock all players, even those on a bye. Waivers can be entered and processed on Wednesday and the FCFS opens up again until kickoff of each players game.

Please feel free to tell me if i'm wrong and provide guidance. It was really confusing in setting it up. TIA.

Have been using the same settings for over 10 years so having to setup waivers this year is proving difficult. Would appreciate any help with inputting correct info. Our league is as follows:

waiver bids can be submitted on Monday nights  after week 1 starting at 8:30pm

waivers run Tuesday night after Week 1 at 7pm 

FCFS runs from Wednesday night at 8pm until kickoff of players games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have been using the same settings for over 10 years so having to setup waivers this year is proving difficult. Would appreciate any help with inputting correct info. Our league is as follows:

waiver bids can be submitted on Monday nights  after week 1 starting at 8:30pm

waivers run Tuesday night after Week 1 at 7pm 

FCFS runs from Wednesday night at 8pm until kickoff of players games.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Think you need to add these steps to your league calendar (changing timezone as appropriate, and # of weeks if you have a waiver deadline before the end of the season):

Lock All Free Agents        Mon Sep 11 8:30:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

Process Waivers        Tue Sep 12 7:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)

No Adds/Drops Allowed     Tue Sep 12 7:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 until Wed Sep 13 8:00:00 p.m ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks)

Set players to locked after their game kicks-off in the 'General Add/Drop Setup'.  You don't mention rules for dropped players, but you can set that up there, too.

We don't do bids, just waivers followed by FCFS. I simply set up as stated below:

Lock All Free Agents        Mon Sep 11 9:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)    Edit    Delete
Process Waivers        Wed Sep 13 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)    Edit    Delete

I hope that's right. Basically, in our league we are going to open up FCFS for a few days before kickoff of week 1 games. Then there is a setting to lock each player at the start of their game. The Monday night lock will lock all players, even those on a bye. Waivers can be entered and processed on Wednesday and the FCFS opens up again until kickoff of each players game.

Please feel free to tell me if i'm wrong and provide guidance. It was really confusing in setting it up. TIA.
Well, technically a waiver is a bid without a dollar amount.

Your settings look fine.

OK so we had our sraft last night but all the players were locked today. So I had to add Unlock all players. However, we also have FCFS on Wednedays after waivers runs. Do we have to Unlock all players in section A below? But then the players dropped during waivers will be unlocked too? We have a 24 hour rule for unlocking dropped players.

DraftThu Aug 31 7:00:00 p.m. ET 2017EditDelete

Unlock All Currently Locked PlayersFri Sep 1 11:45:00 a.m. ET 2017EditDelete

Lock All Free AgentsMon Sep 11 9:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)EditDelete

Process Blind Bid WaiversWed Sep 13 8:00:00 p.m. ET 2017 (Happens 15 more weeks.)EditDelete

A

No Trades AllowedSun Nov 12 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017EditDelete

No Add/Drops AllowedSun Dec 31 1:00:00 p.m. ET 2017EditDelete

Anybody having issues with waivers?  When I try to enter a waiver request, it says, "Error Saving Waiver Request."

My league is an absolute mess right now.  I've been running a league for 9 years and I've always been very comfortable with the site but right now it's just a mess.  

just found this out today.  Junk & a complete timewaster.

Not only can't you edit the bids but you can't reprioritize your list once its done. You have to delete and re-add in the order you want. WTMF? Who designed this? monkeys?

What a #### show
Congratulations, you've just described MFL development in a nutshell.

It's a damn shame too, there was such a tremendous opportunity for a highly customizable paid solution at a price point between the free leagues (which in the early-mid '00s were straight garbage) and CBSs of the world. MFL could have been printing money for a decade-plus now, but instead their developers all went out for lunch in 2005 and never came back.

Users who are viewing this thread