Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Saquon Barkley, N.Y. Giants

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, EBF said:

This guy is insane. How high does he go in startups next year? I'm thinking top 10, maybe top 5 in some places.

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/911771595336814592

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/911769368391974912

He's basically a bigger Lynch with better speed and explosiveness.

If he's validated during the draft, i.e. he goes top 5ish, id seriously consider him at #1. Think hes better than any of this years backs, DJ and Bell are getting older and Zeke is a head case. Beckham and Evans would be my other options but I feel like I can find WRs later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EBF said:

This guy is insane. How high does he go in startups next year? I'm thinking top 10, maybe top 5 in some places.

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/911771595336814592

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/911769368391974912

He's basically a bigger Lynch with better speed and explosiveness.

A bigger Barry Sanders. Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

He is the whole PSU O.   Best RB in college football since.......

Fournette
Mixon
Cook
McCaffrey
Elliott
Gurley
Richardson
Peterson

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please stay healthy. I really want to watch him for years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may get stuck with the stigma of some PSU RB busts, but I don't know, I don't see a weakness.  He even block exceptionally well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been sitting on him in 3 devy leagues for two years. Can't wait to get him in my lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petekrum said:

I've been sitting on him in 3 devy leagues for two years. Can't wait to get him in my lineup.

His 3rd year on my only devy league. I wish they would reduce his workload. I was a little worried at the end of the game when he hurt his ankle, then came back in. He's proven himself. Now it's time to do what's best for him, and let him rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joffer said:

He may get stuck with the stigma of some PSU RB busts, but I don't know, I don't see a weakness.  He even block exceptionally well.

He's the consensus #1 in the country by everyone with at least one eyeball. You're the very first person I've seen type "bust" when referring to him or his situation surely you will be the only one. The guy is the real deal in every way.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BigTex said:

He's the consensus #1 in the country by everyone with at least one eyeball. You're the very first person I've seen type "bust" when referring to him or his situation surely you will be the only one. The guy is the real deal in every way.

Tex

#1 prospect or rb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BigTex said:

He's the consensus #1 in the country by everyone with at least one eyeball. You're the very first person I've seen type "bust" when referring to him or his situation surely you will be the only one. The guy is the real deal in every way.

Tex

Can't speak for him but I don't think he's saying that.  I think he's referring to people possibly clumping him in with other PSU backs that haven't succeeded as a reason people might be low on him.  

He looks absolutely amazing and my only question at this point is his initial burst.  I have watched maybe 5 plays of him so far so forgive my ignorance right now, and those plays were all from the shotgun I believe, but that usually is the easiest to see how explosive a guy is on his first step and he didn't look that explosive to me just on the initial reaction to the play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Can't speak for him but I don't think he's saying that.  I think he's referring to people possibly clumping him in with other PSU backs that haven't succeeded as a reason people might be low on him.  

He looks absolutely amazing and my only question at this point is his initial burst.  I have watched maybe 5 plays of him so far so forgive my ignorance right now, and those plays were all from the shotgun I believe, but that usually is the easiest to see how explosive a guy is on his first step and he didn't look that explosive to me just on the initial reaction to the play. 

Yeah I know that's not what he meant, I was just pointing out how absolutely no one is even thinking that about Barkley but the poster was the first; therefore, it being crazy to think such a thing after following this guy the last 2+ years. In other words that comparison should NEVER be brought out by anyone who has actually followed this kid.

GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Yeah I know that's not what he meant, I was just pointing out how absolutely no one is even thinking that about Barkley but the poster was the first; therefore, it being crazy to think such a thing after following this guy the last 2+ years. In other words that comparison should NEVER be brought out by anyone who has actually followed this kid.

GM

I wasn't making a comparison.  I have no idea what you're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the game last night and he was the greatest RB I've ever seen play in college.  I've never seen anything like it.  Was even more impressive than watching McCaffrey against the Hawks in the Rose Bowl.  Barkley is truly a special player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Can't speak for him but I don't think he's saying that.  I think he's referring to people possibly clumping him in with other PSU backs that haven't succeeded as a reason people might be low on him.  

He looks absolutely amazing and my only question at this point is his initial burst.  I have watched maybe 5 plays of him so far so forgive my ignorance right now, and those plays were all from the shotgun I believe, but that usually is the easiest to see how explosive a guy is on his first step and he didn't look that explosive to me just on the initial reaction to the play. 

Was he even alive when Curtis Enis was drafted? This is not a joke. I apparently am really old now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Yeah I know that's not what he meant, I was just pointing out how absolutely no one is even thinking that about Barkley but the poster was the first; therefore, it being crazy to think such a thing after following this guy the last 2+ years. In other words that comparison should NEVER be brought out by anyone who has actually followed this kid.

GM

You didn't read very closely what joffer wrote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Yeah I know that's not what he meant, I was just pointing out how absolutely no one is even thinking that about Barkley but the poster was the first; therefore, it being crazy to think such a thing after following this guy the last 2+ years. In other words that comparison should NEVER be brought out by anyone who has actually followed this kid.

GM

So which is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said he's the first to say this, NO ONE else has even brought this up. No one watching him is lumping him in the other PSU backs.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BigTex said:

As I said he's the first to say this, NO ONE else has even brought this up. No one watching him is lumping him in the other PSU backs.

Tex

He was just saying it's a possibility which is more true than saying it's an impossibility.

No reason to flog him for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is incredible.  I loved what I saw from CMC the last few years at Stanford, and Barkley looks even moreso dominant.

I wonder how much it will cost me to get him next year in a $200 auction next year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are Penn State fan, you can't help but think about him in relation to past busts and cringe whenever anybody goes near his knees. However, under Joe the S&C program was bad. I think it contributed to the problems guys had when they got to the NFL. That is not a problem Barkley is going to have. I cannot think of another college back who was as complete a package as he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

He was just saying it's a possibility which is more true than saying it's an impossibility.

No reason to flog him for it.

Lol I'm not flogging him I just simply pointed out that there's no way ANYONE can watch Barkley play and be down on him because he plays for PSU simply because of the past failures of other running backs. I ONLY pointed out that he has been the ONLY person to make that comparison. 

Ive yet to read one ranking/post/thread/person be down on this kid. So draft him and be glad you did. I didn't flame anyone.

Tex 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

If you are Penn State fan, you can't help but think about him in relation to past busts and cringe whenever anybody goes near his knees. However, under Joe the S&C program was bad. I think it contributed to the problems guys had when they got to the NFL. That is not a problem Barkley is going to have. I cannot think of another college back who was as complete a package as he is.

He needs to win the Heisman.  I can't think of another player that is that important to his team.  Without Barkley on the field PSU is not a good team at all.  I believe he accounted for over 400 total yards last night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Lol I'm not flogging him I just simply pointed out that there's no way ANYONE can watch Barkley play and be down on him because he plays for PSU simply because of the past failures of other running backs. I ONLY pointed out that he has been the ONLY person to make that comparison. 

Ive yet to read one ranking/post/thread/person be down on this kid. So draft him and be glad you did. I didn't flame anyone.

Tex 

Except for the one directly above this one?

:pokey:

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He needs to win the Heisman.  I can't think of another player that is that important to his team.  Without Barkley on the field PSU is not a good team at all.  I believe he accounted for over 400 total yards last night.

He very well could win it. McSorley is a damn good player as well. Barkley did not have 400 yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost 400 all purpose yards. 211 rushing, 94 receiving and 53 returning, 358

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, msudaisy26 said:

Almost 400 all purpose yards. 211 rushing, 94 receiving and 53 returning, 358

Damn.  Seeing that in black in white is just nuts.   I watch him last night for the first time this year and was blown away.  He looks huge on the field.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drunken Cowboy said:

I don't see AP as a better prospect. Barkley is as powerful and faster.

I agree I think Barkley is the best rb prospect since Dickerson, but I can see a case for Peterson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

At this point I'm fearful of doing something crazy stupid to get him in my team. 

I am fearful being crazy to not get him on my team.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

He very well could win it. McSorley is a damn good player as well. Barkley did not have 400 yards.

You're right, I was told wrong.  I just checked and he had 358 total yards in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTex said:

Lol I'm not flogging him I just simply pointed out that there's no way ANYONE can watch Barkley play and be down on him because he plays for PSU simply because of the past failures of other running backs. I ONLY pointed out that he has been the ONLY person to make that comparison. 

Ive yet to read one ranking/post/thread/person be down on this kid. So draft him and be glad you did. I didn't flame anyone.

Tex 

I didn't make a comparison

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joffer said:

I didn't make a comparison

You lumped him in with other PSU running backs.....that's comparing.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.