Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Saquon Barkley, N.Y. Giants

The only thing that stops me from taking Barkley at 1.02 in redraft next year is Eli Manning. 

If the Giants get a competent QB, I’m in. 

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

The only thing that stops me from taking Barkley at 1.02 in redraft next year is Eli Manning. 

He’s doing pretty well this year with Eli. Why do you think next year will be different?

12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

He's leading the NFL in Yards from scrimmage as a rookie and averaging a TD per game with a terrible oline and Eli at QB 

He's on pace for 2163 total yards and 16 TDs 

Edited by monk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, monk said:

He's leading the NFL in Yards from scrimmage as a rookie and averaging a TD per game with a terrible oline and Eli at QB 

and racking up a total of 1 win

3 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

How many points does your fantasy league give for wins?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, monk said:

You can't win without a good team no matter who you are. 

Since 2006 ... Only 1 QB drafted in the 1st round has won a Superbowl Joe Flacco and he was selected with the 18th pick. Before that was Rogers who selected with the 24th pick and he sat on the bench for 3 years.

Bye the Way ... Elliot and Gurley are both very good running backs but Elliot has played behind one of the best Olines since coming into the league and you saw what Gurley could do on a bad team. Neither one of them is a talented as Barkley.

What?! Since 2006, both Mannings and Big Ben have won Super Bowls. All were first round picks. 

9 minutes ago, phillyspecial said:

What?! Since 2006, both Mannings and Big Ben have won Super Bowls. All were first round picks. 

Sorry ... Only one 1st round QB drafted after 2006 has won a Superbowl 

Edited by monk

15 minutes ago, monk said:

How many points does your fantasy league give for wins?

My bad I thought we were discussing if the NYG should have drafted a qb or not.

32 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Exactly. Which is why the Colts should trade/release Andrew Luck. The guy has racked up a total of 1 win despite touching the ball every play. Same with the Falcons at Matt Ryan. They paid the dude 130 and they only racked up a total of 1 win. They should've cut him or traded him and blindly drafted the best available QB in the draft.

• Like 1

Between 2009 and 2014 (6 year span) only 5 of 17 1st round QBs are starting QBs today. That's a  29% success rate. Of those 5 ...3 were #1 picks and the only year that has produced more than 1 current starter was 2012 (Luck and Tannehill) .

The likely hood of even 2 of the 5 QBs drafted in 2018 still starting in 5-6 years is pretty low

23 hours ago, pantherclub said:

My bad I thought we were discussing if the NYG should have drafted a qb or not.

It doesn’t really matter. Because the answer is no, they would have been foolish to pass up on a talent like Barkley. 

37 minutes ago, Otis said:

It doesn’t really matter. Because the answer is no, they would have been foolish to pass up on a talent like Barkley. 

Agreed.  Barkley has been one of those rare examples of being over-hyped before the draft and actually exceeding expectations. He may be the best running back in the league alteady. You don't pass on that for marginal Talent at quarterback.

• Like 2

Saw enough of Rosen last night to feel very good about passing on him for Barkley. He's terrible, has a terrible attitude and is a concussion waiting to happen every time he hits the ground. This guy will absolutely not be a franchise QB and I would bet a lot of money on that ... I give him 3 years 

The only QB that you could argue the Giants could have taken ahead of Barkley is Darnold, who has looked pretty good so far. I'm not convinced that Darnold will improve much over what we have seen so far. He has landed in a pretty good situation with a good line, excellent running game and a schedule that has worked out nicely for him so far. I fully expect the turnovers that plagued him in college to show up real soon 

In the long run, I  actually think Josh Allen may be the next best QB behind Mayfield but was not deserving of the #2 pick in the draft ... The Giant would have been ripped if they made that choice.

• Like 1