What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (3 Viewers)

Saquon Barkley was without a walking boot on his sprained ankle after the Giants' 24-3 win over the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

From the home locker room at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, he told reporters -- including SNY's Ralph Vacchiano -- that the hope was for him to make a miracle comeback and beat the projected timeframe of 5-7 weeks.

Barkley plans to take things day by day. The Giants continue their regular-season schedule at home next Sunday when they host the Minnesota Vikings in Week 5.
Already off the boot after a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
High ankle Sprains are rarely 8 week injuries. He'll be back after 4. Unlike the giants though im 0-2 without him. 
people in here over react to a high ankle sprain. I have to hope it's because they don't understand what it actually is. The docs give a time table because they have to. However, the healing portion  is done at 2 weeks for the vast majority of soft tissue injuries, so any time missed beyond that is a range of motion, strength, pain/swelling thing. 

Anyone selling in dynasty after a slow start?

I'm hoping to turn Gurley and friends into Saquon
I bought in one league for a fair price and was rebuffed without counter in all others. 

Mike Evans plus James Conner and a 2nd got rejected. 

Diggs plus Mack plus a 2nd was rejected. 

Chubb plus Fuller plus Teddy B was accepted. 

All leagues are superflex

I'll say it and say it, the fact 8 weeks was ever mentioned for a HAS was and continues to be laughable.

Its always been a 4-6 week timetable with 6 being extreme, but why was it a 4-8 with the risk of people saying IR and return date after a bye? No way a guy already jogging had an injury so severe after two tests was that even a possibility. 

He may make it back for the Detroit game. Arizona would be pushing it. 

That was just a bad report put out by Schefter. . 

6-8 weeks turned into 3-4 weeks after he realized he was playing with Danny Dimes and not Eli

'@NE on a Thursday night next week would be really stupid, but this is also the Giants organization.  AZ might now be a possibility.

but but but... high ankle sprain

Glad to have a platform like this where you can get alternative opinions rather than just trusting one source.

Coach Pat Shurmur refused to rule Saquon Barkley (ankle) out for Week 5 against the Vikings.

We'd bet Barkley doesn't play, but Week 6 seems to be within the realm of possibilities for a return. Barkley was off to the side jogging and working with trainers at Wednesday's practice. When asked about Barkley, Shurmur said, "Some people’s doctor’s had him at eight weeks. Not my doctors." Expect Wayne Gallman to get the nod against the Vikings.

SOURCE: Pat Leonard on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 1:06 PM ET

As a Barkley owner that suffered from chronic ankle sprains throughout my career I would rather him just take the extra time and make sure that ankle is completely healed.  Rushing back on a HAS is a great way to turn a one-off injury into a chronic problem, and Barkley is very dependent on his ankles.

As a Barkley owner that suffered from chronic ankle sprains throughout my career I would rather him just take the extra time and make sure that ankle is completely healed.  Rushing back on a HAS is a great way to turn a one-off injury into a chronic problem, and Barkley is very dependent on his ankles.
Maybe it really wasn't a high ankle sprain to begin with.

Gotta think this GM is very, very eager to see his prized QB draft pick on the field with a full compliment of WRs (including G. Tate), Engram, and of course, S. Barkley.

Sooner rather than later to get the fan base excited.

Maybe it really wasn't a high ankle sprain to begin with.

Gotta think this GM is very, very eager to see his prized QB draft pick on the field with a full compliment of WRs (including G. Tate), Engram, and of course, S. Barkley.

Sooner rather than later to get the fan base excited.
The fan base is already excited.  DJ brought hope back.

As a Barkley owner who somehow finds myself sitting at 3-1 without him for the last 2 games, I was really hoping he wouldn't try to push to hard to come back sooner than when his ankle is fully healed.  The injury didn't look horrible, but I was convinced he'd be out for at least 4 weeks.  Maybe he's just superhuman though. 

You aren't a world class athlete 

We have to stop assuming all humans heal the same way. He is a freak of nature. We have to stop assuming teams play safe with players in a what have you done for me lately league. 

With all dude respect, thats now how it works and its not how it has worked in quite some time. There is one team like that, they are the Packers. 

I hurt my ankle and it takes me 2 weeks to walks right, and I am not a world class athlete. I was running after 4 weeks and it was pretty severe with a trip to ER and all as I thought it was broke. Athletes with top notch doctors and boots and technology and all those things are not normal. Yet here we are in this thread, people opinions were after the bye.

I encourage everyone to look back and see who said that stuff and ignore them on all thing injury related from now on. In a video it shows barkley dancing at the end of it. He is fine and he is back, he will play against NE. Why sit him for 10 more days if he is able to run and cut in uniform? Makes no sense. I think its better than 50/50 he might play this week.

Like Shumer said, his doctors are not here on the internet playing safe. Again, he was dancing in the video after running and cutting. They gonna sit him cuz why? They are 2-2.

I feel so bad for the dude who drafted him first overall in my league... and traded him for Sony Michel, thinking he'd be out 6-8 weeks (rest of the fantasy regular season).

I feel so bad for the dude who drafted him first overall in my league... and traded him for Sony Michel, thinking he'd be out 6-8 weeks (rest of the fantasy regular season).
Yea ... that guy deserves what he got. I was able to work a package deal, giving Saquon and getting Dalvin. 

But backed out because I managed to keep winning. 

Now that he seems to be ahead of schedule, I’m holding.

We have to stop assuming all humans heal the same way. He is a freak of nature. We have to stop assuming teams play safe with players in a what have you done for me lately league. 

With all dude respect, thats now how it works and its not how it has worked in quite some time.
I could care less what projections a team would give. it's all a mute point when all injuries are different. If you're waiting with baited breath for whats said on twitter you're doing it wrong. 

Everyone looks for the escape goat when guys dont come back soon enough, so I think teams just over estimate injury returns. For all intensive purposes these timelines are buy in large wrong anyways, I dont know why so many people are surprised when a guy comes back sooner. this all leads to a damp squid in the end. We would all have piece of mind if we just nipped this in the butt. 

Lmao

with all dude respect
:lol:

I play in a what we call the "dude league." It came up as auto sentence fill cause thats how I kick off some of my commish statements and I didnt catch it here.

Thats how it started ironically, it was something we said in high school to a teacher we had. Its crazy what kick starts and how sayings start. 

Jeff Spicoli would appreciate, "with all dude respect."  :headbang:

I could care less what projections a team would give. it's all a mute point when all injuries are different. If you're waiting with baited breath for whats said on twitter you're doing it wrong. 

Everyone looks for the escape goat when guys dont come back soon enough, so I think teams just over estimate injury returns. For all intensive purposes these timelines are buy in large wrong anyways, I dont know why so many people are surprised when a guy comes back sooner. this all leads to a damp squid in the end. We would all have piece of mind if we just nipped this in the butt. 
Appreciate the effort here.  :thumbup:  

Similar story in my league - literally insult to injury.

That owner in my redraft league was 0-4 and promptly put him up for trade to the highest bidder in a total vacuum of information. Fast forward to this news and he had held, he could still easily be 0-6 before Barkley returns (if the ARI prediction holds up). Typically you're all but mathematically eliminated with seven losses in this league.

Injuries like this to players like this instantly create a buy on rumour, sell on fact scenario. Even if the Barkley owner read this correctly and strongly believed he would return more quickly, it doesn't really matter what he believed. It's what the rest of the league believes that sets the market.

Irregardless, it’s flustrating.  

i put out feelers in case it was gonna be 8 weeks, and got some decent offers, but nothing that made me budge. 

The funniest thing to me in this thread are the people so sure he would be back after the bye. Other people so sure that teams wont rush back their star, instead the coach again says they want to rush him back as quick as possible.  

Every team not named the Packers, wants the person they pay millions on the field. Its a rule in fantasy start understanding it instead of panicking about it. 

The guy was dancing yesterday after running and cutting? Why would they hold him out this week if he is doing everything he needs to? Is he like Darnold, can his spleen rupture? No, if he can run he can play. Period. Its football, people play hurt if they are able to do the job. The video showed he can cut better than any healthy guy on here right now. 

The clip showed him running and cutting rather aggressively.  That does not look like 4+ more weeks to return.

I sprained my ankle playing mini-golf once and I was back to full crossing guard duties in 3 weeks.

The clip showed him running and cutting rather aggressively.  That does not look like 4+ more weeks to return.

I sprained my ankle playing mini-golf once and I was back to full crossing guard duties in 3 weeks.
We cant all be super human terminators like Barkley.

"He'll Be Back"

Watched all the clips. 

If he had a HAS and he's moving around like that already...simply amazing.

And Shurmur isn't backing off. I find that surprising.

I will now be shocked if he's not on the field week 6.

i put out feelers in case it was gonna be 8 weeks, and got some decent offers, but nothing that made me budge. 
I thought real hard about selling him and Kittle for CMC and Dissly in my dynasty league.....conventional wisdom seems to be that's crazy.  However, I'm in total win now mode, 40% of prize money goes to most points on the year, and I think Dissly just may be the next Kittle.   That said, I'm kinda glad I didn't at this point.

seems dumb to rush him back.  hope he doesnt get hurt again
If he is running like that he did not tear ligaments - that takes months and surgery to heal.  I actually do know that story - it took me 8 months.

If he got tweaked the same way again it would probably hurt like hell but that's about it.  That said - do defenders target the ankle and twist it while tackling? 

I suspect that is one of the unspoken rules to not do or we would see lots of broken fingers and what not?

If he is running like that he did not tear ligaments - that takes months and surgery to heal.  I actually do know that story - it took me 8 months.

If he got tweaked the same way again it would probably hurt like hell but that's about it.  That said - do defenders target the ankle and twist it while tackling

I suspect that is one of the unspoken rules to not do or we would see lots of broken fingers and what not?
If they know the guy is injured, you bet your ### 

If he got tweaked the same way again it would probably hurt like hell but that's about it.  That said - do defenders target the ankle and twist it while tackling? 

absolutely they will

I thought real hard about selling him and Kittle for CMC and Dissly in my dynasty league.....conventional wisdom seems to be that's crazy.  However, I'm in total win now mode, 40% of prize money goes to most points on the year, and I think Dissly just may be the next Kittle.   That said, I'm kinda glad I didn't at this point.
Don’t!

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread