Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Saquon Barkley, N.Y. Giants

19 carries for 61 yds, 1 catch for 13 yards, 0 TDs

p.s. Sorry, that's what I need...he's probably going off tonight :(

38 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Projected stat lines tonight, lets hear it?

Not what you need, but what u reasonably expect him to do. 

Tough matchup on the ground.  

16 car, 50 yds rushing.......6 rec, 45 yds receiving.....75% chance of a TD.

Next week's matchup against MIA is nice.

20 minutes ago, fightingillini said:

Tough matchup on the ground.  

16 car, 50 yds rushing.......6 rec, 45 yds receiving.....75% chance of a TD.

Next week's matchup against MIA is nice.

Just want him to emerge healthy so we can all enjoy that Miami matchup.

1 hour ago, tackle for loss said:

I hate this saying more than anything.

No, he isnt. No player is due anything.

Players dont get TDs cuz they are due. Now he may get some TDs, but he was "due" a long time ago. Technically. He is "due" every game. But the fact is, being due means nothing. 

There is an expected frequency of touchdowns scored per touch.  

Just now, tjnc09 said:

There is an expected frequency of touchdowns scored per touch.  

Sure, but not if you or on a team that stinks and against a run D thats tough.

I like saquan, but he is not giving his owners any confidence. 

80 and a TD rushing; 45 and a TD receiving. 

2 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

Projected stat lines tonight, lets hear it?

Not what you need, but what u reasonably expect him to do. 

22-140-2

3-40-0

3 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

:lol:

Not what you need, I said. lol

He aint getting that. No way. 

He is allergic to scoring points, let alone getting yards.

I had Miami next week on my mind. I'd keep the receiving stats the same and drop rushing to 17-85-1.

I'm up by 1.6 and my opponent is done.  All I need him to do is not fumble first carry and be knocked out of game.  Like Eddie George did about 20 years ago.....

On 12/8/2019 at 6:57 AM, kyoun1e said:

Are Barkley owners cuffing Gallman? 

I have not to date and figure if the fantasy gods want to be super cruel and mess with us just prior to the best matchups of the season in week 15 (MIA) and 16 (@WASH) well...the hell with it, it's probably not my year and not meant to be. 

If he can perform the next two weeks all of this year's underperformance will not matter.

I had him cuffed at beginning of year but had to cut for a Bye week waiver pickup and another owner picked him up.  I tried offering a 2020 third round pick and a young WR but he wanted a second round pick. I decided to take my chances because longterm I don't think Gallman has value and I think Barkley will play the next two weeks.

At this point with regulation time running out

66 yards rushing

3 catches for 1 yard (what!?)

No Tds

Wtf!?

One of the Busts if the year.

Consensus #1 pick. Huge disappointment!

Hope for something in OT.

Edited by togo

Does look fully healed.  That’s good.

Saquon Barkley rushed 17 times for 66 yards and turned three catches into one yard in the Giants' Week 14 overtime loss to the Eagles.

His four targets were the fewest on the team among five players who had a pass thrown their way for the Giants. It's just been that kind of season for Barkley, who has zero touchdowns over the last five weeks and no 100-yard rushing games since going down in Week 2 with a high-ankle sprain. Fantasy owners who drafted Barkley are likely not even in the playoffs, but he does catch a tasty Week 15 draw at home against the Dolphins where Barkley will be a lock-and-load RB1.

Edited by The Frankman

He cant see a hole to save his life. He doesnt use his power like he should and why is he not throwing every fit he cant to have them calls plays to get him outside. They were up 17-3 and decided to still pass int he rain instead of hand it to him play after play. 

There is a reason why 6-8 coaches are fired every year. See the Giants head coach. 

Use your studs. Throwing to Slayton? Cool, may have worked for a second, but it wont win games. That looked like the game plan in pooring rain was to throw it around with eli. No ball control nothing from the Giants. 

Just imagine if Barkley was used like CMac.

He earned the spot of not being on my teams no matter what. You know how we always have that bad tatse from aplayer that screwed us.

Barkley just isnt good. He wants to be good, he has to earn it back. When you follow up last year with this year, you dont get to even be called good. Just a big plodder who doesnt catch many passes and doesnt get TDs.

Literally has no value right now. You want him in dyno knowing whats in store? I wont even take him with a new coach. Cuz studs can make holes and he couldnt. 

5 hours ago, joffer said:

Does look fully healed.  That’s good.

Yeah, hes just really really bad at football right now.

Maybe the offseason will give him the ability to find the few holes he gets. Cmac finds holes with a bad oline. Gallman has the highest scoring game for a Giant RB this year.

I would be tempted not to even start him against Miami and ended up pplaying Sanders over him this past week.

The better RB in h2h from Penn St. Not Barkley, but Sanders...and he missed out on 2 TDs that were his when he got stopped short in OT and he gave up to a vulture, not to mention that vulture thrived for the q Sanders missed. lol 

Cant wait to unload this heaping pile of crap in the off season to someone who is enamored with the name. And, hasnt actually paid attention to how awful he was as all year.

Why don't they ever run a screen pass to him?

Anyway I was bounced from the playoffs because my starting RBs (Barkley and Kamara) combined for 12 points this week. Unreal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

Yeah, hes just really really bad at football right now.

Maybe the offseason will give him the ability to find the few holes he gets. Cmac finds holes with a bad oline. Gallman has the highest scoring game for a Giant RB this year.

I would be tempted not to even start him against Miami and ended up pplaying Sanders over him this past week.

The better RB in h2h from Penn St. Not Barkley, but Sanders...and he missed out on 2 TDs that were his when he got stopped short in OT and he gave up to a vulture, not to mention that vulture thrived for the q Sanders missed. lol 

I thought he looked good last night. Some tough inside running against one of the best D lines. Loved the stiff arms on one run.

All that said, he didn't produce. I don't think this is a function of him being injured. It's a function of a lousy offense. The NYG couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half.

I've somehow survived this to the semis. He's starting for me against Miami. That my friends is a lousy D. Game is at home. Maybe it's Eli's last stand as a NYG. I expect him to finally have a good game (while many are unfortunately in the consolation round).

45 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

I survived by one point vs. the Barkley owner last night.  1 freaking yd. on 3 catches??  Unreal.

Dude had one yard on 13 carries not long ago.   

Didn't realize how much Saquon has been struggling.  The ankle has obviously effected him as has the rookie QB but the loss of OBJ forcing a deep safety probably has also had an effect, see NFL league leading rusher Nick Chubb.

Taking everything into consideration, I can understand the frustration but Barkley should be back healthy next year. 

Right now the ankle has to be the biggest factor in his struggles.

His first two games when he came into the season fully healthy he averaged:

• 7.82  yards per carry

Since the ankle injury?

• 3.06 yards per carry

3 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Didn't realize how much Saquon has been struggling.  The ankle has obviously effected him as has the rookie QB but the loss of OBJ forcing a deep safety probably has also had an effect, see NFL league leading rusher Nick Chubb.

Taking everything into consideration, I can understand the frustration but Barkley should be back healthy next year. 

• 7.82  yards per carry

Since the ankle injury?

• 3.06 yards per carry

Add in poor offensive line play and predictable play calling and not surprised we are where we are.

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I thought he looked good last night. Some tough inside running against one of the best D lines. Loved the stiff arms on one run.

All that said, he didn't produce. I don't think this is a function of him being injured. It's a function of a lousy offense. The NYG couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half.

I've somehow survived this to the semis. He's starting for me against Miami. That my friends is a lousy D. Game is at home. Maybe it's Eli's last stand as a NYG. I expect him to finally have a good game (while many are unfortunately in the consolation round).

He looked very good last night.  Jump cut was back.  Spinning away from unblocked defenders.  Some people here (not you) really can’t separate real and magic football when assessing a player.  The Giants really didn’t run many plays in the second half.  And the eagles are good against the run.

6 minutes ago, joffer said:

He looked very good last night.  Jump cut was back.  Spinning away from unblocked defenders.  Some people here (not you) really can’t separate real and magic football when assessing a player.  The Giants really didn’t run many plays in the second half.  And the eagles are good against the run.

Agreed.

I needed about ten points from him last night to win 2 playoff games. He looked fine (heck, better than fine) running the ball. But the game script/flow simply didn't favor him for whatever reason. It was brutal/frustrating to watch. I won both games by less than one point on that stupid 4th qtr shovel pass. 

Hopefully next week is better. I'm confident because of how he looked last night.

Edited by jwb

2 minutes ago, jwb said:

Agreed.

I needed about ten points from him last night to win 2 playoff games. He looked fine (heck, better than fine) running the ball. But the game script/flow simply didn't favor him for whatever reason. It was brutal/frustrating to watch. I won both games by less than one point on that stupid 4th qtr shovel pass. 

Hopefully next week is better. I'm confident because of how he looked last night.

just counted up the 4th quarter running plays.  I came up with zero.

2 minutes ago, joffer said:

just counted up the 4th quarter running plays.  I came up with zero.

If so, that's horrendous play calling especially when you have a lead...

18 hours ago, C-Bound said:

19 carries for 61 yds, 1 catch for 13 yards, 0 TDs

p.s. Sorry, that's what I need...he's probably going off tonight :(

Nice call and congrats?

I dont care how bad your offense is. 

When you are getting one yard. ONE.

Its on you. Bad players on worse teams do better than that. Scott had like 24 or something touches before yesterday, he made Barkley look like an amateur. 

And as stated, yes...zero 4th quarter running plays in a close game and only 3 catches for Barkley is bad coaching but this goes to Barkley needs to make a scene and demand the dang ball. He wont be the one shown the door, the HC will. 

17 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Its on you. Bad players on worse teams do better than that. Scott had like 24 or something touches before yesterday, he made Barkley look like an amateur. 

And as stated, yes...zero 4th quarter running plays in a close game and only 3 catches for Barkley is bad coaching but this goes to Barkley needs to make a scene and demand the dang ball. He wont be the one shown the door, the HC will. 

January 1, 1995 - Barry Sanders, 13 carries for -1 yard.  Guess he was “really bad at football” too

Barkley had 2000+ total yards last year.  He didn’t forget how to play football.  His team got worse and he played through an injury.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Were you watching the game?

The Scott plays were well designed.

Everytime Barkley caught the ball there were two guys on him.

Watch the game.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, joffer said:

January 1, 1995 - Barry Sanders, 13 carries for -1 yard.  Guess he was “really bad at football” too

Barkley had 2000+ total yards last year.  He didn’t forget how to play football.  His team got worse and he played through an injury.

Thanks! I remember that game too. And you are totally right--even great players have bad games and do depend to some extent on the players and coaches around them.

I actually thought Barkley looked better last night--like maybe he is finally starting to get over ankle injury.  I don't know why they didn't use him more but he can't control that. He was effective with the carries and holes he was given.

12 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Watch the game.

I agree - it horrendous play calling / game flow by the Giants (like Joffer mentioned - zero 4th qtr running plays. Amazing.)

Barkley himself looked fine. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

• 7.82  yards per carry

Since the ankle injury?

• 3.06 yards per carry

Last year, Saquon exploded the 2nd half of the season when Odell was injured.

4 hours ago, joffer said:

lol Comparing Barkley to Barry Sanders, who is a Hall of Famer, MVP and 2k rusher. He is a proven stud, Barkley is clearly a 1 hit wonder right now.

But, yeah, compare the two in any fashion. He forgot how to play football, many teams are bad and its football, many play through injuries, he wasnt even blaming his injury, but ur gonna? 

Edited by tackle for loss

4 hours ago, az_prof said:

Thanks! I remember that game too. And you are totally right--even great players have bad games and do depend to some extent on the players and coaches around them.

I actually thought Barkley looked better last night--like maybe he is finally starting to get over ankle injury.  I don't know why they didn't use him more but he can't control that. He was effective with the carries and holes he was given.

It seems people want to make excuses for the player when the player says his ankle is fine. But hey, you guys need excuses so I understand.

4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Watch the game.

Is this the you disagree with me, so I didnt watch the game line. Zinger.

If you tell me to watch the game, I'll tell you read my post. I dont care how bad the offense is, studs make things happen. Barkley is no stud. 

This reminds me of the Aaron Rodgers thread where people will just continue to defend a player regardless of what facts say.

Edited by tackle for loss
  • Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

If you tell me to watch the game, I'll tell you read my post. I dont care how bad the offense is, studs make things happen. Barkley is no stud. 

This reminds me of the Aaron Rodgers thread where people will just continue to defend a player regardless of what facts say.

You're very wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tackle for loss said:

What are your thoughts on last year when Barkley was one of the few RB’s ever to total over 2000 yards? I’m just curious.