Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Saquon Barkley, N.Y. Giants

Recommended Posts

On 12/10/2019 at 10:03 AM, tackle for loss said:

I dont care how bad your offense is. 

When you are getting one yard. ONE.

Its on you. Bad players on worse teams do better than that. Scott had like 24 or something touches before yesterday, he made Barkley look like an amateur. 

Would you like to defend your position?

BTW, Barkley netted me 89 fantasy points during weeks 15-16 combined.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fightingillini said:

Would you like to defend your position?

BTW, Barkley netted me 89 fantasy points during weeks 15-16 combined.  

Me too. And those are critical weeks. I don't see how his owners can complain.  The injury wasn't his fault and yet he came back and gave us big time performances in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightingillini said:

Would you like to defend your position?

BTW, Barkley netted me 89 fantasy points during weeks 15-16 combined.  

He will not be back.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 9:21 AM, tackle for loss said:

Well, Barkley did have b2b 100 yard games to start the season like the player he should be with eli and as always with a rookie scrub QB, yes thats what this Jones kid is, he starts his decline. Barkley isnt even blaming his injury, so I wont. Especially after seeing how bad this Jones kid was. 

Rookie or not, he should know better for his own survival the best thing for him to do was put it in Saquan hands often, instead he threw at WRs ankles 20 yards down the field. Thats a low IQ QB and nothing anyone will say will convince me that this Jones kid is gonna be good. He just doesnt have it mentally, Eli isnt that much better anymore, but for Barkleys sake. He knows to just dump it to him instead of trying to throw to some dude named slayton. 

🤣  

You killed it in this thread. 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buh bye dude.   Thanks Santaquon for the title!  I never lost hope!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Saquon Barkley rushed 22 times for 189 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes for 90 yards and a second touchdown in the Giants' Week 16 win over Washington.

It's a massive game for Barkley, who went over 100 yards halfway through the first quarter. He ran right through the Redskins defense for his 67-yard rushing touchdown, and was left uncovered on a seam route from 33 yards out on his receiving TD. Barkley was picking up chunk plays all game, adding in a 51-yard catch and 32-yard run. After struggling to fully trust himself after his ankle injury, Barkley has stacked back-to-back huge games coming off last week's two touchdowns. Barkley will try to finish the season on a high note in a Week 17 matchup against the Eagles.

Shurmur finally started lining Saquon out wide last week more often and today Jones FINALLY started targeting him aggressively. It's puzzling why they stopped putting him out in space like they did last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, irish eyes said:

So nice he waited until most teams who took him #1 were eliminated.  Screw you suckquan

Let me get you some cheese...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fightingillini said:

Would you like to defend your position?

BTW, Barkley netted me 89 fantasy points during weeks 15-16 combined.  

 

Did he not get one yard? That was my point? If he is so great why didnt he have games like this early on?

Exactly what I called out, people would wait until he did well in a few games after a busted season to act like they are know it alls.

He was a still a bust. You dont get to suck all year and have 2 good games after many who drafted you were eliminated and act like he is a stud again.

Dude lit up Miami and Washington after most who owned him were eliminated from the season cuz he sucked and he is great again. LOL

 

Edited by tackle for loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

Let me get you some cheese...

Wait, is he still hurt, or no?

Trying to see which excuses those were making for him are doing now?

So is he not a bust anymore cuz he lit up miami and washington? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Shurmur finally started lining Saquon out wide last week more often and today Jones FINALLY started targeting him aggressively. It's puzzling why they stopped putting him out in space like they did last year. 

One of the reason I said he was not having success, glad they did this, in his still busted wasted season.

Glad he came through for those who snuck through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SCT said:

Buh bye dude.   Thanks Santaquon for the title!  I never lost hope!

Im still here calling out the bust, kinda weird u say u never lost hope. 

Is his ankle still hurting him or nah? lol

This is much like the ARod thread, he had a good game and people celebrated like he was a stud again. 

So, im still here, and Quans still a bust.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tackle for loss, multi-quote exists. Also, just because you might have been burned by his injuries/playing less than 100%/baffling usage doesn't mean he isn't a good/great back. Basically if you were a Saquon owner and you were in the Finals you either a) traded him b) you were playing him at Philadelphia, vs. the Dolphins, and at Washington; no questions asked. You don't bench him for these cupcake matchups, and if you did that's on you.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Im still here calling out the bust, kinda weird u say u never lost hope. 

Is his ankle still hurting him or nah? lol

This is much like the ARod thread, he had a good game and people celebrated like he was a stud again. 

So, im still here, and Quans still a bust.

Interesting take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

after most who owned him were eliminated from the season cuz he sucked

He averaged 15 points per game in PPR through Week 14.  Certainly not optimal but he did not prevent anyone from making the playoffs.  My advice to you is to draft better so your playoff hopes don't hinge on one player carrying your team.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

He averaged 15 points per game in PPR through Week 14.  Certainly not optimal but he did not prevent anyone from making the playoffs.  My advice to you is to draft better so your playoff hopes don't hinge on one player carrying your team.

This is spot on. No doubt the high ankle sprain hurt him and his owners, as well as bad usage and blocking by Gmen.  But in the end, he was a serviceable RB2 for most of the year and so if you drafted well and played the waivers well, you still made the playoffs. 

And those who made the playoffs can thank him for a Championship.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tackle for loss said:

Im still here calling out the bust, kinda weird u say u never lost hope. 

Is his ankle still hurting him or nah? lol

This is much like the ARod thread, he had a good game and people celebrated like he was a stud again. 

So, im still here, and Quans still a bust.

A therapist might be helpful.  You should look into it

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, az_prof said:

This is spot on. No doubt the high ankle sprain hurt him and his owners, as well as bad usage and blocking by Gmen.  But in the end, he was a serviceable RB2 for most of the year and so if you drafted well and played the waivers well, you still made the playoffs. 

And those who made the playoffs can thank him for a Championship.

I won the title with him and that’s with no Dalvin.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SCT said:

I won the title with him and that’s with no Dalvin.  

As did I. Him and Ingram worked well in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For weeks 3-14 Absolute trash, worthless. Not worth a roster spot.

Weeks 15-17, he is the guy everyone took with a Top 3 pick.

Still the bust of the year and on most who owned him this years black list

He sucks I dont care what he does, everyone knows when you own a players and he sucks, it dont matter what he does if you are eliminated in Week 14 cuz your stud player gets 8 points. lol

The fact he is doing this now makes it that much worse that he couldnt see these holes early on. Dude literally forgot how to play football and there is no denying that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 3:56 PM, djjosee said:

Bought really low leading into the playoffs ... worked out well!  :towelwave:

You prolly could a got him for a rub down and a ham sammich. But yes, worked out well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

For weeks 3-14 Absolute trash, worthless. Not worth a roster spot.

Weeks 15-17, he is the guy everyone took with a Top 3 pick.

Still the bust of the year and on most who owned him this years black list

He sucks I dont care what he does, everyone knows when you own a players and he sucks, it dont matter what he does if you are eliminated in Week 14 cuz your stud player gets 8 points. lol

The fact he is doing this now makes it that much worse that he couldnt see these holes early on. Dude literally forgot how to play football and there is no denying that.

 

:lmao::lmao::lmao: he had a high ankle sprain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 5:07 PM, joffer said:

Who reminded him how to play?

His high ankle sprain likely finally started healing up - he clearly came back too early.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jm192 said:

Still top 5 for next season.  Would love to see the Giants add a stud WR in the draft.

I would love to see the Giants add a stud offensive lineman. Their OL sucks.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy football aside, he's an absolutely magnificent RB, one of the greatest of all time.  Shame about what he's surrounded by.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one good hole he gets he takes to the house.

It wasn’t the ankle,  it wasn’t he learned,  it wasn’t he got healthy.  He and mcaffrey are easily the 2 best RB and Barkley is the best pure runner.  Not even close.  And the Giants were really bad at scheming the pass to get it in Berkeley’s hands where as Carolina was pretty good at it.

He is easily the #1/#2 RB next year but on the Giants as they are they are so bad you might have to pass.


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, infantsam said:

The one good hole he gets he takes to the house.

It wasn’t the ankle,  it wasn’t he learned,  it wasn’t he got healthy.  He and mcaffrey are easily the 2 best RB and Barkley is the best pure runner.  Not even close.  And the Giants were really bad at scheming the pass to get it in Berkeley’s hands where as Carolina was pretty good at it.

He is easily the #1/#2 RB next year but on the Giants as they are they are so bad you might have to pass.

He's top 3 RB next season for me.   He had a serious sprain and came back too soon.   He is still the great RB that he was last season.   The Giants will likely address the O line in the offseason.    If the Giants have any sense, Barkley is the focal point of the O in 2020.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those guys must have short term memory. A healthy Barkley is going to beast. Was thrilled I was able to acquire him in a PPR dynasty last week (almost never see him moved) Gave up Julio, Gurley, and 1.3 pick for him and a few young hopefuls (Isabella and Irv Smith Jr) and felt like I bought at a very reasonable price. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/60823/giants-jason-garrett-brings-cowboys-playbook-to-daniel-jones-co
 

Quote

The system will be different for Jones & Co. Former Giants coach Pat Shurmur relied more on traditional play-action passes than misdirection the previous two seasons. The running game was more inside zone than anything else.

Garrett ran Elliott to the outside much more than the Giants did Barkley. Elliott had 17 more interior rushes the past two years than Barkley, according to NFL Next Gen Stats data. That pales in comparison to the 121 more carries Elliott had outside the tackle box.

This was a product of the offenses. That gap is sure to decrease -- if not completely evaporate -- this season. The goal will be to get Barkley into space, where he can best put his power and speed to use.

Old article, but I bolded the last part because it drove my brother absolutely bugf*ck. You have a power-speed combo and for some reason Shurmur rarely got him out in space. Hopefully they get him some more outside runs in space where he has options on how to attack.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.