What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (3 Viewers)

O-line didn't look solid... not sure what game you were watching... that definitely could have been more of a product of the Steelers defensive line, but still.  

This is what it looked like every time Saquon tried to run up the middle https://twitter.com/ihartitz/status/1305663465764401152?s=21  🤣 lol
Yea the g men's o line got smoked.  The only thing I know though is the Steelers defense was thought of as top tier going into the season, and I think that showed and then some......I think we need to see the g men's o line vs a lesser D to get a true look at em......that's a tough draw right out of the gate.....that D is stacked with All pro talent

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, one game...

I think the big picture is the giants O will be pretty solid this season.  Danny Dimes has a lot of weapons, and I thought he actually played pretty well against the best defense in the NFL.  The Steelers D is going trash a lot of offenses this season......steelers/ravens should be epic!

Saquon will be fine..
We must have been watching two different games.  Aside from a handful of rifles to Slayton and Sheppard, Jones wasn't anywhere near accurate and his pocket presence looked as bad as it did last year - although he did have the d in his face all game.

While the steelers d is a top one, I'm not sure I'd call them the best either.

We must have been watching two different games.  Aside from a handful of rifles to Slayton and Sheppard he wasn't anywhere near accurate and his pocket presence looked as bad as it did last year - although he did have the d in his face all game.

While the steelers d is a top one, I'm not sure I'd call them the best either.
I guess we were watching two different games....I can remember at least two drops, engram and Barkley.

No way Barkley is bottled up like that in most games.

I guess I'm looking at it glass half full.....unless their O line is truly putrid, then I think we see some better things coming 

I guess we were watching two different games....I can remember at least two drops, engram and Barkley.

No way Barkley is bottled up like that in most games.

I guess I'm looking at it glass half full.....unless their O line is truly putrid, then I think we see some better things coming 
You're both right.  Barkley dropped a pass and Engram dropped two passes and the Steelers D vs. the run was insane.  I will not be starting any RB vs their front line this year until I see someone have any level of success after a hand off.

Saquon Barkley exited Week 2 against the Bears with an apparent right knee injury.

Barkley appeared to injure his hand or wrist on the previous play but stayed in the game and then went down in a heap on the sideline, grabbing at his right knee as soon as he went down. He was writhing in pain before needing to be lifted off the field. Barkley couldn't put any weight on his leg and had to eventually be carted to the locker room. Dion Lewis is the only other Giants running back active this week.

Sep 20, 2020, 1:51 PM ET

How many goats do I have to sacrifice for this to end up being one of those miracle plays where it looked really bad but somehow ends up being just a knee sprain?

That really sucks. Not for fantasy owners but for Barkley. Literally the most talented back on the field IMO (Caff a quick second) - but has to play with a terrible O-line, a little bit of poor coaching, and "newer" QB, and now an ACL tear. Oof. 

Boy that hurts.  FF, of course, but any momentum the G-Men wanted to try to get some traction on this year just went out the window. 

Do we know for sure it’s torn? Or is it just highly likely? I am fairly deep at RB so this isn’t a crushing blow, but still sucks 

Ouch. 

And CMC expected to miss "multiple weeks", so that's RB1-RB2

As a Zeke owner I'm starting to get that Final Destination feeling here.  :unsure:

Giants RB Saquon Barkley (ACL) is out of the season. 

Barkley's worst case scenario was confirmed, per ESPN's Adam Schefter. Barkley left the field Sunday against the Bears in obvious pain, appearing despondent after being helped onto a cart. The second-year back has a good chance of returning for the start of the 2021 season since the injury occurred in September. Free agent Devonta Freeman is expected to visit the Giants this week -- we could see him in a Giants uniform Sunday against the Niners.

- Rotoworld
... football was a mistake. end everything.

With their O-Line is any RB even worth picking up for the Giants?
My take - not any more than any other random starter on a bottom-10 team.  In deeper leagues, anybody who gets carries is rosterable.  In this case, I think anybody here is going to be over-valued because they'll look at "Giants RB" production and mistakenly think any of the guys who could step in are 1/2 the RB Barkley is.  

Is there somebody worth rostering?  Sure.  Based on volume/opportunity...but I don't think you can expect major production.

My take - not any more than any other random starter on a bottom-10 team.  In deeper leagues, anybody who gets carries is rosterable.  In this case, I think anybody here is going to be over-valued because they'll look at "Giants RB" production and mistakenly think any of the guys who could step in are 1/2 the RB Barkley is.  

Is there somebody worth rostering?  Sure.  Based on volume/opportunity...but I don't think you can expect major production.
After watching the first 1+ games I wasn't going to be expecting major production even from Barkley behind that OL. Woof.

I own him in my main keeper league -- sucks

early enough in the season he should be 100% before week 1 2021, and hopefully they improve that Oline before start of next year

Barkely and J Taylor will be the center pieces of my team next year.........  this year, hoping J Taylor, R Wilson, and a deep WR roster carriers me  

When will the Giants put him on IR?  I have him in two dynasty leagues but can't IR him until the team does it.  

Giants placed RB Saquon Barkley on injured reserve with a torn ACL, ending his season. 

It's a landscape-altering injury in New York, as this could be the last straw for old school GM Dave Gettleman. Still only 23, Barkley should be back to 100 percent health well in advance of the 2021 season. The freak athlete already spent much of 2019 playing through a high-ankle sprain. Despite the endless Twitter debates surrounding Barkley's selection at No. 2 overall, he has indeed proven to be a special talent at the running back position. Left in his wake for 2020 is a disastrous committee comprised of Dion Lewis, Wayne Gallman and perhaps free agent Devonta Freeman. For now, Lewis is "the add." 

Sep 22, 2020, 1:56 PM ET

New York Giants' Saquon Barkley begins journey to become next Adrian Peterson
  From the article.

==============

...  Nobody wants to put an exact time frame on it, but the recovery process from a torn ACL with accompanying MCL and meniscus damage is generally nine to 12 months...

...  there could be obstacles. Meniscus injuries complicate the rehab because repair or removal takes away some of the protective power for the knee. While ACL injuries aren't the career-enders they were decades ago, a player's effectiveness after returning can vary.

Users who are viewing this thread