What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much do you contribute around the house? (1 Viewer)

How much of the housework/chores around the home do you do?

• Total voters

mr. furley

Footballguy
lots of factors at play here. 

if you own a home and share it with a significant other, husband or wife... how much of the "housework" do you do?  

housework defined as chores that both parties are physically capable or performing.

I know my wife does a bit more than me, mostly kitchen and laundry stuff.

I handle all yard work and inside floors.

We pay someone to come do the bathrooms.

It works out.

I don't know...half or so.

I'm sure it makes a difference if both people are working full-time vs. one of them being a stay at home mom/dad.

Let's see 

I do my own laundry, mow/snow removal (although paying for lawn service this year) and other house fixing/yard duties, empty dishwasher (we split this), vacuum the upstairs, and bills

Wife does all the rest.   :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
She does the cleaning, laundry and handles the bills.

I do the yardwork, snow shoveling, garbage/recycling, most of the cooking and shopping, small house repairs and get breakfast in the mornings on weekends at the deli.

Plus, I plan all the TV entertainment since we watch almost all of the same things.

We split the cleaning of whatever..if it needs to be cleaned just do it.     I do 80% of the cooking when we cook because I enjoy it.

We keep our laundry separate so I do my own.  So much easier not separating everyones  clothes. I cut lawn, plant flowers and hang flower pots..she waters them. My wife has her masters in finance so she handles the bills and investments.

We both work full time and I probably do more than 50% when we are both home as she kind of gets lost in her tasks.  

However, I'm gone a lot during football and basketball season with reffing, so over the course of a year, I probably do 35-45% of the housework.

I pretty much do what needs to be done, if I notice it.  I don't really notice dirty floors or stuff that needs dusting, so she mostly does that.  I do my laundry, do most of the dishes, grab groceries when needed...whatever.

We both work full time, 2 kids

She does most of the house cleaning—dust, vacuum, bathrooms, etc.—But I'll jump in on changing sheets, folding, etc. 

I do the outside—mow, most of the yard upkeep, garbage—but we both will plant, spread mulch, etc. 

We split on things like shopping, errands, dropping off/picking up kids based on who is where.  

i.e. yesterday, she was prepping meals for the week, so I ran out to do the grocery shopping. This time of year, she works on Saturdays, so I'll pick up more of the responsibility for the next few weeks. But on her way home she may jump off and do the grocery shopping because she is 'already out'.   

Can't really put a % on it b/c we try and keep it kind of fluid. 

Summer time she is off, so she will do a bit more during the week so our weekends get freed up. She well even mow from time to time if we have a busy weekend coming up. Overall, I think we have a pretty good system of not worrying about "who's job is who's"

I do yard work and repairs, and most of the cooking and (food) shopping.  She does the laundry and most of the cleaning.  Neither of us is afraid to venture into the other's chores and help out, so it's pretty close to 50-50.

Went with 50 - 74% :thumbup:

Wife does most of the cooking, does 90% of the laundry, cleans the bathrooms and other items.

I do 90% of the dishes( if she's going to cook the least I can do is cleanup afterwards), some laundry, most of the grocery shopping, Vacuum each week, Mow the yard during the summer and some other items.

She use to do most of the grocery shopping. But now that I work Full time from home I took over that.

seeing 'cooking' mentioned up in here - i never did/don't/never will consider it to be a chore  :shrug: it's life  ??

Probably do 75% of the cooking.

Laundry I would guess a 50/50 split

I generally keep things tidy, but she takes care of the obsessive, compulsive level of cleaning.

Between me and my son, we handle all yard work.

Your greater than sign should be a less than sign.

I answered <25% because I have a hard time counting cooking or yard work as housework/chores.

pretty much 50/50 across the board.  She probably does a bit more laundry than I do, that's about it.

Well... we both work full time. 1 teen at home.. she's out of town a lot... I voted 50%... but when she's out of town, I do 100%. At least as much as we can do Thursday before she comes home on friday. ;)

There is no assigned jobs... except I do the finances and she cleans the bathrooms (because my son and I are just terrible at it to be honest). When we are both home sometimes she cooks, sometimes I cook. We do a good job of sharing responsibilities, so there is never really an issue.  It just gets done. 

We both work full-time and have 4 kids:

We split the dishes (although my tolerance for having a ton in the sink instead of rinsed in the dishwasher is a lot less so I do them more). 

I do vast majority of the cooking (like 80-90%), and my own laundry.

She does her own laundry and the kids'. 

Lawn service and cleaning lady for the rest although I do snow in the winter and she will handle the flowers/pruning/weeding. 

Finances are all left to me.

This set up works for us.  Now what I need is for the kids to get more involved instead of being zombies with their tech devices and the TV in order to take the load off of both our plates. 

Since we had the baby (8 months ago) I've taken over about 80% of the evening stuff. Cook, clean up after, run the kids to various activities. 

She gets the kids ready for school, does all the laundry, most of the cleaning and most of the shopping. 

So probably about 40%. 

I don't do any cooking or cleaning except laundry and dishes.  Which is bad, because I live alone.   :(

On the upside, I live alone so no one cares.  :D

Gf and I own a house together, no kids.

I do the mowing, she trims the hedges, plant flowers etc. We both do snow and leaf removal, though mostly me

We each do our own laundry

We both unload the dishwasher

She does 80-90%% of the sweeping, moping, dusting,...this is my least favorite thing to do, so this is huge for me

We split the grocery shopping

I do 100% of financial "stuff" but I like to do that so it isn't like a chore

I feed and usually let the dogs out, she handles the other pets (2 cats, fish, 2 birds, turtle), She does run a boarding facility, so all dogs baths are done there by her

Cooking is about 70-30 me. I like to cook, so don't really consider this a chore either

Gf and I own a house together, no kids.

I do the mowing, she trims the hedges, plant flowers etc. We both do snow and leaf removal, though mostly me

We each do our own laundry

We both unload the dishwasher

She does 80-90%% of the sweeping, moping, dusting,...this is my least favorite thing to do, so this is huge for me

We split the grocery shopping

I do 100% of financial "stuff" but I like to do that so it isn't like a chore

I feed and usually let the dogs out, she handles the other pets (2 cats, fish, 2 birds, turtle), She does run a boarding facility, so all dogs baths are done there by her

Cooking is about 70-30 me. I like to cook, so don't really consider this a chore either
Having separate laundry is almost as weird as living with a small zoo.  Who cleans up all the poo, that's got to be 80% of the total chores just doing that?!

She does the cleaning, laundry and handles the bills.

I do the yardwork, snow shoveling, garbage/recycling, most of the cooking and shopping, small house repairs and get breakfast in the mornings on weekends at the deli.

Plus, I plan all the TV entertainment since we watch almost all of the same things.
"chore"

Having separate laundry is almost as weird as living with a small zoo.  Who cleans up all the poo, that's got to be 80% of the total chores just doing that?!
:lol:

I clean up after the dogs in the yard. She cleans up after the fish, birds, turtle and we both do the litter boxes

25-49%

I do the dishes and keep the Kitchen clean. we split cleaing and tidying the rest of the place. she does probably 70% of the laundry and 100% of getting the kids ready for stuff. 98% of the finances are me.

Been doing separate laundry for 15 years.

She doesn't have to ask what I like hung up to dry, I don't have to worry about the kids clothes, her stuff accidentally getting dried when it should.

:shrug:

She doesn't have to ask what I like hung up to dry, I don't have to worry about the kids clothes, her stuff accidentally getting dried when it should.

:goodposting:

No way would i even attempt to do her laundry and I don't want her doing mine.

She doesn't have to ask what I like hung up to dry, I don't have to worry about the kids clothes, her stuff accidentally getting dried when it shouldn't.

This is important.  My bride and I also do our own laundry, for precisely that reason.  Wasn't having that argument a second time.

Yep - except I do the kid's as well. We hang dry probably have our stuff so it doesn't shrink and I honestly don't trust her with mine or the kid's stuff to know what does and doesn't get thrown in the dryer. Spend too dang much money on clothing at our place for it to get ruined by a careless mistake.  

Still seems weird, the only things that bother me bout how she does laundry is she doesn't always hang up the shirts right after they come out of the dryer, and doesn't always button the top button, and I like them to all hang a certain direction on the hanger, and put in the closet according to shirt type.  Still doesn't bother me enough for me to do it myself though.  

I end up buttoning the top buttons and re-arranging the shirts once they are in the closet so I'm going to go ahead and take credit for doing 5% of the laundry. 

:goodposting:

No way would i even attempt to do her laundry and I don't want her doing mine.
Agree on doing my wife's laundry.. Screwed it up once about 10 years ago( shrunk one item) and still hear about it :rolleyes: so her laundry is off limits..

I'll do my own once in a while, but she mostly does it.. Might change when our daughter moves out in 2 or 3 years, but right now just easier to do all of it as one big mess.

Wife isn't well so I do pretty much everything. All the cooking, chores, shopping and virtually all the cleaning.

Users who are viewing this thread