What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Team advice (1 Viewer)

drewd_21

Footballguy
12 tm IDP PPR (RB .75/ WR 1/ TE 1.5) Start 1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 11 IDPs

QB: Wilson, Siemian, Hundley, Boykin, Jones

RB: Ware, Thompson, Asiata, De Washington, Richard, J. Williams, K. Williams

WR: Watkins, Diggs, Treadwell, Meredith, T. Benjamin, Perriman, T. Smith, Agholor, JJ Nelson, Coates, Mike Thomas (LAR)

TE: Brate, Allan, Burton, Doyle Swoope

2017 picks: 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 2.02, 3.02, 3.08, 4.02, 4.07, 4.12, 5.02, 7.02

Since taking on this orphan last season i've traded away A. Rodgers, Baldwin, Bell, D. Lewis and Riddick (looking at it like this it looks worse than i first thought), and finished 11th of the 12 teams last season.

Just looking on other peoples thoughts on which direction to try and go with this team  :unsure:

Needs some work before competing, but you have some pieces. I'd take your rb of choice at 1.01, and shop 1.02 and see what you get offered. Maybe you get a nice offer, if not you can always pick there. If I can slide back to 1.05 and pick up something I'd consider it, but  my rankings may be different than yours.  I'd look to trade the 2.02/3.02/4.02 for future picks the round above (1/2/3). You're probably 2yrs away from competing at least so keep working on acquiring better picks, if you can deal a 3rd for a future 2nd do it when you can. With te premium some good talent may fall to the 1.11/2.02 spot this year as well, so you can't really go wrong whether you pick or trade. 

This team needs a lot of work.  Was that Leveon Bell you traded away?  If so, my first thought is what the heck did you acquire to move Aaron Rodgers, Doug Baldwin and Leveon Bell?  I see you have a couple of extra first round picks and the first overall but I'm not sure I see the pieces equal to trading those guys away. Now that I got that out let's discuss what you have.

QB you are fine with Russell Wilson. Your backup spot is a little shaky with not knowing what will happen in Denver.  You are carrying too many QB in a start 1 league.  I would probably carry no more than 4 and I think an argument could be made to carry 2 or 3 to allow you to carry some extra bodies at other spots hoping for a break out guy.

RB is an issue in the fact that you don't have a stud RB but with only having to start 1 you actually do have enough depth guys.

WR also needs work.  You have some decent young guys and only a couple at the back of your bench that seem garbage but you have no real studs.

TE also falls in most of your other position categories.  Some OK young guys and no studs.

I'm guessing if I knew trade details I wouldn't like what you got for your star players.  If it were me I would be out trying to bundle some picks to acquire some stud players.  If no success I would be inquiring about the acquisition cost of young guys coming off bad seasons like Todd Gurley or Corey Coleman who lost time to injury.  Your last option is just to grab BPA with those picks.  I think this rebuild process will take a while so don't worry about team needs at all until you have enough talent.

Bell for 1.01 (was nailed on at the time), Perriman, Vince Williams, 4.12

Rodgers, Starks for 1.11, Allen

Riddick, 6.01 for Brate, 4.07

And Lewis and certainly Baldwin let got too cheaply.

How big of an impact is the scoring for your IDP guys?  If the scoring is equivalent across positions you can get competitive rather quickly building through your defense.  If the scoring is not equal then punt defense and see if you can trade better defensive guys for offensive starters.  As Warhogs stated, I am not sure why you would have traded away Bell in any way.  He is the type of guy to build around. 

You are fine at QB as a starter but I would dump the majority of your backups and try and get a serviceable bye week plug in only.  Wilson will be goof for the foreseeable future.  Try and stock up on  up and coming WR's.  They are more stable than RB's and with you only needing to start 1 you can always find someone. 

I would keep 1.01 (or 1.02 if you don't have a preference of the big two RB's) and see if you can get some proven studs by trading the other pick.  In general I would rather trade picks for 2nd or 3rd year guys that I think are ready for a breakout.  I think others value picks a lot more than I do so I try and use that to my advantage by going after players I have seen in the NFL that I think are ready for breakouts.

I don't think you are that bad off (depending on your IDP's) if you have a couple guys take a step up (Watkins, Perriman, Treadwelll to name a few).     

Thanks for the advice so far....helped give me an idea of what I need to achieve. Offers and trading are a little slow atm so I guess I'll just sit tight with my picks for now and wait for the draft hype to kick in.

Given the above info, would anybody consider offering 1.01 + 1.02 for Evans?

Not saying the Evans owner would go for it but he doesn't have much behind Ingram and his other WRs include Julio, Jordy, Hilton, Crabtree, Hill, Crowder,  Decker and Edelman.

Going back and forth with the Evans owner and it's looking like he wants too much, which is understandable. He has offered Tyreek Hill/ 1.10 for my 1.02. I would still have 1.01 and 1.11 and this league does offer points for return yards.....Hill was WR6 last season. Is it worth dropping 8 spots for Hill and look to sell high if he starts the season well?

Been offered Edelman/ Hill/ 1.10 for 1.02/ 3.02.....definitely tempted.
Man, that is tempting with return ydg scoring. Edelman takes a hit with cooks coming in but he's not done and will probably be underdrafted...again. Year after year. You need the rb help at 1.02 more than you need the wrs, but hill could be a beast in that scoring setup if he gets a bump in usage. It seems fair, maybe better to spread out your long term risk over 2-3 players, or flip Edelman for a pick or younger guy like crowder. Maybe package 1.10/Edelman to move back into the top 5-6.

Hill still scares me.  His game seems to be something others will figure out how to stop and I believe he has had past trouble off the field.  He isn't a guy I want to trade for unless I get a huge bargain so I would pass on this. 

Agree it's definitely a risk but I pulled the trigger on this one anyway. Hopefully be able to move Edelman and possibly Hill if he starts hot again, time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread