What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Legal Tampering Starts Today - Post "Signings" and Rumors here. (1 Viewer)

Alex Marvez of the Sporting News reports the Broncos are interested in free agent Danny Woodhead (ACL).

With a big need along the offensive line and perhaps money set aside to pay Tony Romo, it would be somewhat surprising if the Broncos focus on running back in free agency. Woodhead will likely be relatively cheap coming off ACL surgery, however, and brings something different to the backfield than C.J. Anderson and Devontae Booker. The Chargers are also interested in bringing back Woodhead, who is reportedly ahead of schedule in his rehab

NM - read that wrong. 

Glennon will be a good bear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dial in those 0.4 FP/game till the end of the decade!

Somewhere there's a Gresham owner in a 64-team league dancing for joy at this news...
Yeah not an entirely exciting signing since he hasn't done anything in AZ since he signed there. Went from about 60 receptions to 30. I think there is some sleeper value potentially but nothing real exciting since AZ doesn't seem to want to use their TEs

If true, then the deal is already done.  You're correct, that makes him a Bear and looks to immediately lose his best receiver.

No news or rumors even worth speaking of right now. NFLNetwork has a Free Agent Frenzy on and all they are talking is what ifs, nothing even solid. lol
Why have the two-day window coverage if these will not be like years past..

Slow day and this a minor deal  but Vernon Davis just resigned with Redskins.
Seems like a minor deal but given the state of the Redskins receivers(at least until Doctson gets up to speed) and the way Davis played last year it is a pretty big deal for that team and I would argue for Cousins fantasy value. 

Slow day and this a minor deal  but Vernon Davis just resigned with Redskins.
Might speak to their concerns about Reed's concussions and injuries. Kind of surprising, though, since I thought they liked Niles Paul who is just rotting away on the bench.

Might speak to their concerns about Reed's concussions and injuries. Kind of surprising, though, since I thought they liked Niles Paul who is just rotting away on the bench.
If they wanted they could always split Paul out wide - he was a converted WR.

Wow.  How does this impact Shepard's development?  Eli with a ton of weapons at wideout with OBJ, Marshall and Shepard.

Wow.  How does this impact Shepard's development?  Eli with a ton of weapons at wideout with OBJ, Marshall and Shepard.
I think it hurts him (fantasy) for this season since Marshall should see a ton of targets but doubt it hurts his development,

Now the Giants should add AP and just go for it before the gas runs out. Hopefully this helps Eli....doubt we see anymore 100 catch seasons from Marshall.

I think this helps Eli's value but hurts the value of OBJ, Shepherd, and Marshall who could have been option 1 on another team.

I think they just like Vernon a lot more the the other backups, he played really well last season, evolved his game into becoming a strong blocker and for Vernon he's from the area and I think wanted to remain. Win/Win.

I think Vernon did enough last season he could have signed with someone as the top TE, until the draft anyway.

I think it helps OBJ. Having Marshall underneath will provide more opportunities for some big plays.
People always want to think this, but it's doubtful to play out like that. He's going to lose significant targets if Marshall is still halfway decent. Teams will still be giving safety help to the CB1 covering OBJ. Nobody wants to give up the big play. They'll just wait for Eli to throw a pick over the middle when targeting Marshall. I'll be surprised if OBJ get 150 targets if Marshall plays 16 games.

Well, his main role is the slot, so it won't hurt his development at all. His targets, however, will be another story. He'll be lucky to get 90 now.

Well, his main role is the slot, so it won't hurt his development at all. His targets, however, will be another story. He'll be lucky to get 90 now.
I'll take the over. Those two on the outside will open things up for him. Expect Eli to be back in the low 30's TD wise as well. I see it playing out something like OBJ=145-155, Marshall=105-115, Shepard =100-110

Wtf is Lynch doing?? That's insane. Garcon isn't worth half that. They should've just kept Torrey for $8M or whatever he was getting paid. He's probably better than Garcon AND half the price. Things could be getting hilarious in SF if this keeps up.

Wtf is Lynch doing?? That's insane. Garcon isn't worth half that. They should've just kept Torrey for $8M or whatever he was getting paid. He's probably better than Garcon AND half the price. Things could be getting hilarious in SF if this keeps up.
I guess they do have a ton of cap room (like $94MM) and front loaded the contract (since it points out $16MM in his first year). Still a poor use of resources.

I'll take the over. Those two on the outside will open things up for him. Expect Eli to be back in the low 30's TD wise as well. I see it playing out something like OBJ=145-155, Marshall=105-115, Shepard =100-110
I hope you're right, but as a Shepard fan, I'm not optimistic and will no longer be targeting him in redraft. I thought he was going to make the jump to 120 targets this season with Cruz gone. Maybe I overreacted with the 90 prediction, but it's hard to make the numbers work. Marshall didn't come to the Giants for 105-115 targets.

I agree $16M crazy for Garçon. I do not agree they should have kept Torrey Smith. He has been an utter bust.

So the Lynch era begins with inking Kerley to a 3 year $10M deal and committing $16M to Garcon in year one, and they don't even have a QB. 

I hope you're right, but as a Shepard fan, I'm not optimistic and will no longer be targeting him in redraft. I thought he was going to make the jump to 120 targets this season with Cruz gone. Maybe I overreacted with the 90 prediction, but it's hard to make the numbers work. Marshall didn't come to the Giants for 105-115 targets.
I agree he probably didn't go there for 105-115 targets but I'll bet that's about where he ends up. 18-20% market share sounds about right for him as the WR2 in that offense. Giants didn't break the bank for him, paying him WR3 type money. Perhaps Elis attempts push to 620-640 range in that offense with 3 legit targets now and still no clarity at RB?

So the Lynch era begins with inking Kerley to a 3 year $10M deal and committing $16M to Garcon in year one, and they don't even have a QB. 
If the lock is officially shot off the wallet to meet a spending floor, why not sign Alshon at that price point? 4 years younger and we know the upside he presents - if he can stay healthy.

If the lock is officially shot off the wallet to meet a spending floor, why not sign Alshon at that price point? 4 years younger and we know the upside he presents - if he can stay healthy.
49ers signing Alshon isn't just their decision. It's possible they could throw money at Garcon while Alshon isn't interested.

49ers signing Alshon isn't just their decision. It's possible they could throw money at Garcon while Alshon isn't interested.
I see that and agree, it's just a staggering amount of money for a guy who's now 31 and over the last 3 years and Cousins averaged 73/857/4.

Users who are viewing this thread