What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MixTape Draft - 6+ word titles. Finish your draft and listen to mixes! (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
LINKS TO FINAL SPOTIFY MIXES:

rockaction

Eephus

Jzilla

sn0mm1s

KarmaPolice

Raging Weasel

Ilov80s

The Dreaded Marco

dal_phan_boys

simey

Yo Mama

Mr. Ected

Waingro

Bonzai

Hov34

Northern Voice

Binky the Doormat

Dr. Octopus

PIK95

El Floppo

Steve Tasker

I was going to see about interest in this draft.  I have been meaning to do this as a companion to my super nerdy alphabet/one word song title draft.  Don't want to get bogged down by rules and such, but here is what I was thinking:

1.  Song title has to have 6+ words in it.  It's not the length of the words in the title, it's the # of words.

2.  Songs with () do count to a point.  It has to be part of the title, not a descriptor of the song - ie At Your Door (Big Bad Wolf) would count, but Big Bad Wolf At Your Door (acoustic) or (remix) will get you laughed at. 

3.  We will let count (Part 1), etc.. as ONE WORD and let them in.  So Knocking on Your Door (Part 1) would be 5 words and wouldn't fly, but Knocking on Your Front Door (Part 3) would, as that counts as 6 words. 

4.  We will let #s in too and count them.  Ie Land Of 1000 Dances would be 4 "words".

5.  We will talk more about time limit, etc as we see about interest

6.  I don't care what version of a song you draft - live, album, single, remix, etc..  I prefer stuff to be on Spotify, as I will be following along and making a mega playlist for the whole draft as we go along, but feel free to draft what you like.  HOWEVER - once a song is drafted it is done, no doubling up on songs. 

7.  We will see what we want to cap the drafts at after we get the # of participants.  I was thinking 20 songs at the max, but that might be too many if we have 25 drafters?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrafterName

OddRoundPick

EvenRoundPick

AhrnCityPahnder

Binky the Doormat

Bonzai

dal_boys_phan

Dr. Octopus

Eephus

El Floppo

Hov34

ilov80s

KarmaPolice

Limp Ditka

Mr. Ected

Mrs. Rannous

Northern Voice

-OZ-

PIK95

Raging Weasel

rockaction

rocknation (JZilla)

simey

sn0mm1s

Steve Tasker

The Dreaded Marco

waingro

Yo Mama

Well, ####.   I was going to @everybody from the last draft, but it seems like I can't do any more, even in this post.  Is there a max that we can do or something or is it just my ####ty computer?

I'd be interested - I'll be on vacation next week but it's a "staycation" to train a new puppy so I can check in from time to time.

I'm in.  I sure hope I can find enough songs to do the job.  How many rounds?

How do hyphens count?

I'm in.  I sure hope I can find enough songs to do the job.  How many rounds?

How do hyphens count?
Not sure on rounds yet.  I thought 15-20?  I don't have a good sense of scarcity.  I went through my itunes and had 50-60 songs.  Several bands seem to fo just long titles.  

I am open to discussion on the hyphen thing.  Can't think of an example, so probably just count it as 2 words. 

My first thought was to go full emo. Now I have an idea I like even better but would be totally crushed by a couple big snipes :oldunsure:  
I've combed through my permanent Spotify master playlist and I have maybe 20 songs out of the 349 on there that have 6 word titles.  I'm gonna have to dig a bit deeper on this one I think.

Is that a no-no? ;) If so that I would assume that '(Live at the XXX) would be frowned upon also?

I'll do it.
Correct.  I let go "Part 1", etc. b/c that is part of the title IMO.  I lump "live at X" or "featuring X" as descriptive add ons for the song, not part of the song title. 

I added you to the list.

Another question is can you include prog-rock songs that have names for the various parts of the lengthy songs (but aren't necessarily Pt1, Pt2, etc)?

Users who are viewing this thread