Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 38 (Edge of Extinction): Starts Wednesday Feb. 20, 2019

5 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

In as always. Though not always in love with all-star seasons 

I'm in as well.I think this all star edition is gonna be pretty good due to the cast. I'm not sure who to pull for. I hope Beast Mode Cowboy does well but to be honest I'm just gonna pull for a lot of drama.

Rooting for Michaela and her ta ta's, she was a beast before she got blind sided last season

Edited by Kraft...
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mr. furley said:

well ####. didn't know this was starting. missed it.

Considering it starts tonight, you havent missed anything yet. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Considering it starts tonight, you havent missed anything yet. :thumbup:

:bag:

we have a calendar in the kitchen. my oldest crosses off the previous day each morning. this morning she crossed off Wednesday. i have been out of sorts ever since.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

Hoping Sandra is voted our early, ideally first. Biggest fraud to ever play the game.

"Vote for anybody but me" - awesome strategy

2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

we have a calendar in the kitchen. my oldest crosses off the previous day each morning. this morning she crossed off Wednesday. i have been out of sorts ever since.

We missed a golden opportunity to keep this going.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-05/4/6/enhanced/webdr02/enhanced-27175-1462358261-1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

:lmao:

• Like 2

As much as I doubt she has a chance to go 3 for 3, I think I'm actually going to be rooting for Sandra just so it further pisses off all of those who think there's only one or two legitimate ways to play the game.

With the theme being "Game Changers", I'm having a hard time remembering Sierra speaking during her season, let alone being a game changer.

6 minutes ago, RG623 said:

With the theme being "Game Changers", I'm having a hard time remembering Sierra speaking during her season, let alone being a game changer.

Ugh, she drives me nuts.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RG623 said:

Voted off her own mom, right? Cold.

5 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Voted off her own mom, right? Cold.

That is Ciera, who you can at least say did something memorable. I don't recall Sierra doing anything during her season.

I know some folks don't like All-star seasons...but imo some of the best seasons have been All-stars.  

I'm pumped.  I love seeing experienced players come back.  It usually takes me awhile to get to know new peeps, and that's annoying to me.

6 minutes ago, RG623 said:

That is Ciera, who you can at least say did something memorable. I don't recall Sierra doing anything during her season.

Is she at least hot? I don't remember her.

9 minutes ago, Ned said:

I think I might be able help with the Ciera/Sierra dilemma.

Ciera

Sierra

Hubba hubba, I hope there's a oil wrestling challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Courtjester said:

I don't remember half these people and I have watched every season except season one. 

25 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

According to the press release, tonight's premiere is the 500th episode of Survivor.

:loco:

I've watched all 499 and I really had to strain to even vaguely remember some of these.

1 hour ago, Courtjester said:

I don't remember half these people and I have watched every season except season one. 

huh I recognize all of them except one, they all went pretty far on their seasons besides a few of them. And about half of them have been on twice,

Edited by mozzy84

For the Survivor fans, is anyone watching MTV's knock-off "Stranded with a Million Dollars"? I've seen two episodes, it's not awful.

It's a little different, there weren't any challenges (other than relocating the camp, and enduring a 'temptation').

Instead, they've dropped 10 millennials on a deserted island. No food, no change of clothes, no gear, no tools, no supplies, as usual. There are no other people there, including show crew: all the footage is supposedly gathered from mounted cameras and remotely operated drones. So, more "real" isolation.

They also have a bag of cash at the camp, with $100,000 in it. Each time they move to the next camp site, if they can get there in under X hours, they get another bag with $100,000 in it. If they don't make the deadline, no cash. Anyone can quit the game at any time (two people quit during a camp relocation rather than be responsible for the rest of the players not making the deadline).

After 40 days, everyone left splits whatever cash they've accumulated.

Once a day, they get to make a phone call to the producers to request supplies out of a catalog they're provided. Prices are, obviously, insane. 1 can of soda=$1000. 1 gallon of water=$3000. 1 pizza=$5000. Backpack=$5000. Two person tent=$30,000. Four person tent= $50,000. Majority rules on what to buy.

There's also a "temptation" offered once every few days. One player is selected to go with a friend to check it out, the first one was food... pass and spend nothing, have some bowls of potato chips and pretzels for $5000, or, stuff yourselves with beer and cheeseburgers for $15000.  The second was clothes... $5000 for each person to get a new shirt, $15000 for both to get full wardrobes-new shoes, shorts, shirts, hats (or, pass and keep the money).

Interesting dynamic of players, some who want to keep things difficult to keep the prize money high while forcing everyone else out. Others who need pampering and personal items. Alliances based on the strategies formed early, but, with majority rules on the decisions that didn't go so well early on.

• Like 2

terrible decision for this tribe.  they are going to keep losing. 

eta:  nevermind i see they are switching tribes up.  i guess the producers knew it would be bad for them. 

Edited by PinkydaPimp

16 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

How in the hell did Sandra win twice?  She is basically useless

Tony explained it perfectly. Everyone just kicks the can down the road with her because, in their minds, there are always bigger fish to fry. And all she generally cares about is "as long as its not me". She's a chubby middle aged broad that never wins anything, so people don't see her as a threat. The fact that she's a 2 time winner helps her strategy even more, as the people that are already thinking long-term will just assume they can beat her in the end (since nobody is going to vote her a winner for a 3rd time)

She's good at manipulating people and Tony's antics put a huge target on his back. Of course, her arrogant outburst as he's leaving SHOULD annoy some people. But who really knows.

Sandra is a joke.  (Okay so are a few others on this season).  Sandra won the first time when Lillian Morris aka the 50 something yr old girl scout lady WON the last immunity and she picked Sandra over Johnny Fairplay to get to the end.  Sandra had more members from her tribe voting, and won 6-1 vote.  In her second time around, in Heroes vs Villains, it was the biggest villain ever Russell Hantz who won the last immunity, decided to take Sandra and Parvati over Jerri Manthey, and Sandra managed to win because most of her alliance was in the jury, (Boston Rob and others).  Sandra won with a 6-3 vote over Par, with Russell again not getting any.  Sure she talks or talked a good game.  But I hope that this season is the last we ever see of her.

I am a bit disappointed in that no one mentioned how hot Hali was looking.  Sad......

Edited by CanadianNFLJunkie
  • Like 2