Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 38 (Edge of Extinction): Starts Wednesday Feb. 20, 2019

That's another big reason why we gets votes like last night so early in the game - the whole concept of "providers" no longer exists.  Will be interesting to see this play out re: Ozzy, whose whole game is swimming fast and climbing for coconuts.

WTF IS HAPPENING TO THE FFA?

There are 19 posts about baby goats and 1 post about Haili's ###. Those scenes with her at the beach in her undies. Good lord. :wub:

#datass

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ned said:

There are 19 posts about baby goats and 1 post about Haili's ###. Those scenes with her at the beach in her undies. Good lord. :wub:

#datass

Came here just to post about #datass.  Glad there are still some of us who have our priorities straight. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ned said:

#datass

I would eat goat if she asked me to.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ned said:

#datass

And she wears leggings/yoga pants during challenges. Bonus points for giving us what we want.

18 minutes ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

I'd eat goat before I'd eat Sandra

And it's not even close.

6 hours ago, Ned said:

#datass

Where's that page with all the survivor gifs?

• Like 1

I agree it's getting easier.  But they still lose a ton of weight and barely eat. 

That being said, it's time to move the goalposts.

Make the prize 10 million and crank the difficulty back to a 10. 

Or maybe get rid of 2nd and 3rd place prizes so people won't be content to be dragged to the end?

The tribe already came in last with Caleb. So unless the next challenge is the one where one team member has to hold up a net full of coconuts they were already screwed.  

Now THAT'S a twist ... TC should be fun :popcorn:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 1

GREAT TC.. but ticked they didn't vote out Queen itch :rant: 

• Like 4

Just now, Don't Toews Me said:

I liked Tony. He got voted out.

I liked Caleb. He got voted out.

I liked Malcolm. He got voted out.

This is terrible.

:lmao:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Don't Toews Me said:

I liked Tony. He got voted out.

I liked Caleb. He got voted out.

I liked Malcolm. He got voted out.

This is terrible.

But Hailey lives. Another week of vapid hot ###. 

• Like 3

JT is going to regret not talking them all into taking out Queen itch. :bye:

Can anyone explain why JT did what he did?

So he told them they were voting Sierra, but he himself also voted Sierra? What's the point of that exactly? 

And because of that, his ally in Malcolm goes home. 

Did he tell them who they were voting for in hopes they were on the same page as him in voting Sandra, but realized after the fact they weren't, and panicked? 

I'm confused. Maybe JT was drunk. 

• Like 1

That was a wild TC, soo wild I have to watch it again.  I must have missed something with the blame going to JT based on the trailer for next week's show.  Also agree why not go after Sandra.  I HATE it when people think they are safe at TC.  you should NEVER EVER feel safe at TC and she just let it be known to all that she's the beech and the queen.  She is so full of herself that she doesn't even realize she's been a spoke target for awhile.

Twist we've been hoping for a while now. Awesome. 

Props to the editors for the shot of the cuttlefish right before TC. Nature symbolism game is always strong on this show. 

• Like 3

My assumption is JT was hoping for the other tribe to vote for Sandra.  He had no way to know whether they had an idol, but told them that Sierra was the target in case they did have the idol.  If that were to happen, then they'd vote out Sandra, and life is good for him.  But if they didn't have an idol, Sierra goes home, and that's not too bad for him too, because he doesn't show his current tribe that he voted against them.  Unfortunately, Culpepper and company voted for the "wrong" person.

10 hours ago, CanadianNFLJunkie said:

That was a wild TC, soo wild I have to watch it again.  I must have missed something with the blame going to JT based on the trailer for next week's show.  Also agree why not go after Sandra.  I HATE it when people think they are safe at TC.  you should NEVER EVER feel safe at TC and she just let it be known to all that she's the beech and the queen.  She is so full of herself that she doesn't even realize she's been a spoke target for awhile.

I had to rethink about TC but he "saved" the other tribe, but at the same time made no sense with his vote...

He told Culpepper they were NOT voting for him and that he was safe... At first I thought it was a fake out as his tribe at that point seemed to be thinking about changing to Culpepper.

But in the end he, and the rest of the tribe voted for Sierra..
Thus his tribe is now blaming him for Sierra getting the Idol figuring he told Culpepper he was safe, which in the end he did, and thus causing Malcolm to take the walk :bye:

JT assumed that the other tribe was voting Sandra, and by the look on his face, Brad may have told him as much.  He told them that they were voting Sierra, hoping that Sandra would go home if an idol were played.  As far as his vote, the only thing I can think is that he wanted to be able to say he voted for Sierra.  It was obviously a stupid plan that backfired, but it's the only logical explanation that I can think of. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bleachercreacher said:

JT assumed that the other tribe was voting Sandra, and by the look on his face, Brad may have told him as much.  He told them that they were voting Sierra, hoping that Sandra would go home if an idol were played.  As far as his vote, the only thing I can think is that he wanted to be able to say he voted for Sierra.  It was obviously a stupid plan that backfired, but it's the only logical explanation that I can think of. 

The other thing to remember is if JT had changed his vote to Sandra, but the rest of the votes went the way they did, 5 for Sierra and 5 for Malcolm, then there is a tie.  There are no more re-votes on a tie and unless all them can agree on one person, then the players who are tied are safe and the rest of them draw rocks.  If JT wasn't sure who they were voting for, better to keep his Sierra vote so he doesn't possibly go home.

Wanted to see Sandra gone so bad, but great twist and TC.

Yeah I think JT voted Sierra with the rest of his tribe so that he can tell them he went with them after they got back to camp.  He told Brad they were voting Sierra, which is why she ended up with Tai's idol.  He wanted Brad and them to vote Sandra as a return favor for telling them Sierra was the target.  Brad's group, probably at the behest of Hali, voted for Malcom instead.

Wild TC but I don't know if I like the two tribes having the option of whispering in everyone's ears like that.  

11 hours ago, Don't Toews Me said:

Can anyone explain why JT did what he did?

So he told them they were voting Sierra, but he himself also voted Sierra? What's the point of that exactly? 

And because of that, his ally in Malcolm goes home. 

Did he tell them who they were voting for in hopes they were on the same page as him in voting Sandra, but realized after the fact they weren't, and panicked? 

I'm confused. Maybe JT was drunk. 

The first time JT went over to Brad, he said he loved him, but they were voting off Sierra.  Whether or not his own tribe heard, it became pretty obvious later when Tai was asking who he should give the idol to and Brad told him to give it to Sierra.

The next time JT went over, he told Brad to vote for Sandra.  He himself was going to vote with his current tribe, most likely to be able to claim that he was sticking with them.  Even if they didn't trust him, he still got rid of Sandra and felt like he had a decent ally with Malcolm (not to mention a good challenge contestant to help keep them from TC).  I think he was pretty upset that Brad didn't get his tribe to go along, and now he has to hope to somehow get the attention back over to Sandra or hope for another switch up of tribes before the go to TC again.

In the end, it was a great move by Brad to get rid of a physical player in Malcolm.  He (they) doesn't consider Sandra a threat (same as her two winning seasons!).  JT was made the fool last night.  

Who in the room didn't know it would be Sandra to sit out of the challenge?  Told the wife "Sandra" as soon as Jeff asked who would sit out.  Sandra raised her hand.  She does NOTHING.  She does NOTHING around camp.  NOTHING at challenges.  Yet she plays people like puppets.  Absolutely baffles me.  

She's like that fat brain worm on Starship Troopers that stays hidden and fed, but is the brains of the outfit.  

• Like 5

11 hours ago, CanadianNFLJunkie said:

I really think she's smarter than a lot of you are giving her credit for.  She's a two-time winner with no physical game, so what other option does she have to go far in the game than to act the villain just enough to make everyone think she'll never get a vote in the end.  She also always seems to get along with the majority of whatever tribe she's currently on, and saves the #####iness for other tribes or minority groups in her own tribe.

I'm sure this role comes easily to her, but at the same time if she put on a modest, gentle, kind act then I think she'd get voted off quicker.

It was a good TC, but honestly, I thought it was dumb for Tai to share his idol.  It's early.  He wasn't the target.  Losing Sierra wouldn't have impacted him that much and he'll need the idol later for himself.  He'll hold no points for doing that for his tribe.  These are veteran players who'll use whatever they can to survive.  Brad will vote him off tomorrow if it'll help his game.  And there's still 3 tribes.  He played last night like his group of 4 are staying together and they have numbers to reach final 4  There may be another switch before the merge.  

JT wanted Tai, but the beast in charge knows what she's doing.  She wanted Sierra out because she knows when a few strong minded women get together, they are dangerous.  It's why she'll oust Michaela just as soon as she can.  She (Sandra) wants women like Aubrey, Sarah Lacina, and Jeff Varner surrounding her.  

7 minutes ago, jhib said:

I really think she's smarter than a lot of you are giving her credit for.  She's a two-time winner with no physical game, so what other option does she have to go far in the game than to act the villain just enough to make everyone think she'll never get a vote in the end.  She also always seems to get along with the majority of whatever tribe she's currently on, and saves the #####iness for other tribes or minority groups in her own tribe.

I'm sure this role comes easily to her, but at the same time if she put on a modest, gentle, kind act then I think she'd get voted off quicker.

Of course she is smart.  She has to be to pull of the con job she does in every season she's in.  This time she'll play the "no one will vote for a 2 time winner at final TC" card and try to convince whoever to take her to the end (if her current game plan starts to crack, which so far it hasn't).  Then at final TC, she'll lay out a great speech about how she controlled everything.  She is very smart.  Which is why someone needs to see it and end her time there.  I don't even want her on the jury.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

It was a good TC, but honestly, I thought it was dumb for Tai to share his idol.  It's early.  He wasn't the target.  Losing Sierra wouldn't have impacted him that much and he'll need the idol later for himself.  He'll hold no points for doing that for his tribe.  These are veteran players who'll use whatever they can to survive.  Brad will vote him off tomorrow if it'll help his game.  And there's still 3 tribes.  He played last night like his group of 4 are staying together and they have numbers to reach final 4  There may be another switch before the merge.  

Tai really is in over his head in this game.  That was pretty obvious the first episode when he was having what he thought was a nice innocent conversation with Cirie and she figured out in 2 seconds what he was trying to hide about where she stood with Ozzy.  He gets that deer in the headlights look in every other strategic conversation they show him in.

JT wanted Tai, but the beast in charge knows what she's doing.  She wanted Sierra out because she knows when a few strong minded women get together, they are dangerous.  It's why she'll oust Michaela just as soon as she can.  She (Sandra) wants women like Aubrey, Sarah Lacina, and Jeff Varner surrounding her.

:lmao:  That crying spell after he blew the challenge was a bit over the top, wasn't it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jhib said:

:lmao:  That crying spell after he blew the challenge was a bit over the top, wasn't it?

Varner is more Zeke than Zeke.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

Culpepper playing a strong game so far, last week he worked Tai perfectly and last night he played JT like a fiddle. 

Pretty sure he was the one to convince Tai to give the idol to Sierra too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jayrok said:
12 minutes ago, jhib said:

Varner is more Zeke than Zeke.  

I can't stand Varner.  I knew as soon as he was doing the ball thing that he was going to blow it.

He blew a challenge to Andrea.

Andrea

:lmao: 

• Like 1