What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (6 Viewers)

so Debbie's 3 choices - I think she should have a) asked Cochran for his advice on the choice and b) taken the tribe reward - that extra vote is going to be really hard for her to play in a way that doesn't put a target on her back.  You take the tribe reward and don't discuss the other choices and don't look back.

We finally see Hali in a bikini, and it wasn't all that flattering. Andrea looked good though.

I thought that was a genius attempt by Sandra.  I've never thought much of her game, but she gained some respect in my eyes.  

I thought that was a genius attempt by Sandra.  I've never thought much of her game, but she gained some respect in my eyes.  
The editing really got me last night.  I thought she had pulled that off and was super impressed.  I couldn't believe I went from wanting her gone ASAP to wanting to see her pull that off. :loco:  

I liked the Exile twist was a cool change IMO 

Took a smart player like Zeke to get rid of The Queen, she played a solid game just bad luck on the tribe shuffle. 

Yeah I think the editing did a number on a lot of folks.  The TC was bizarre and, man, that Tai is infuriating.  Just S..T..F..U!  If you are truly paranoid then play one of your 7 idols and stop worrying about it.

Tai is not that great of an actor. Had to be editing.  I kept waiting for Zeke (not Ozzie because he's a doofus) to stand up and say "stop.. everyone relax.  Tai, stop being a d1ck, you aren't going anywhere.. stick with the plan."  

And maybe he did and it was edited out for drama when the votes were read.  

I kept thinking if Sandra somehow pulls this off, then more power to her.  But I'm glad she is gone and we don't have to hear "the queen stays queen" anymore.   :bye:  

Last edited by a moderator:
so Debbie's 3 choices - I think she should have a) asked Cochran for his advice on the choice and b) taken the tribe reward - that extra vote is going to be really hard for her to play in a way that doesn't put a target on her back.  You take the tribe reward and don't discuss the other choices and don't look back.
Totally agree, the tribe advantage was the only choice of the three.  She could win favor with her new tribe, possibly stay away from tribal for three more days and share the three choices to out them for future players who are sent there (if any).  Instead, her crazy ### reason was likely so she could boot Culpepper if they both make a merge.  Such a moron.  Conversely, Tai has game.  I would like to know if he came up with last nights act or if it was someone else.  That was awesome.  A bit too much editing, but still awesome on its own.

Took a smart player like Zeke to get rid of The Queen, she played a solid game just bad luck on the tribe shuffle. 
I liked the exile twist too.  Debbie went from  :kicksrock:  to  :pickle: very quickly.  

Totally agree, the tribe advantage was the only choice of the three.  She could win favor with her new tribe, possibly stay away from tribal for three more days and share the three choices to out them for future players who are sent there (if any).  Instead, her crazy ### reason was likely so she could boot Culpepper if they both make a merge.  Such a moron.  Conversely, Tai has game.  I would like to know if he came up with last nights act or if it was someone else.  That was awesome.  A bit too much editing, but still awesome on its own.
Tai is not that good of an actor.  Had to be editing of the TC scene.  On the other hand, Tai was very smart to look for that idol next to the water well.  

For Debbie to take advantage of her extra vote, she's going to have to hang around for awhile to get numbers down enough to benefit her at the right time.  Which probably won't happen.  The tribal advantage at a challenge would be nice for her to give the new tribe she's joining, since she's probably at the bottom there too.  

I wonder if other players will be sent to the exile boat and if he/she will be able to choose from the remaining 2 advantages.  Surely Debbie will know what advantage that person will choose.  

Tai is not that good of an actor.  Had to be editing of the TC scene.  On the other hand, Tai was very smart to look for that idol next to the water well.  

For Debbie to take advantage of her extra vote, she's going to have to hang around for awhile to get numbers down enough to benefit her at the right time.  Which probably won't happen.  The tribal advantage at a challenge would be nice for her to give the new tribe she's joining, since she's probably at the bottom there too.  
I'm not sure on that.. Everyone knows she is :loco: and disliked by many...  so they may start working to drag her to the final 3 believing she has zero chance of getting any votes..

That's a big assumption that she might win over her new tribe.  We've seen many times in the past, someone wins a food challenge, picks 1-2-3 people to go there with, only to be voted off the very next week.  To me, I would have taken the extra vote or the fake idol kit.

I felt like the whole Exile thing was just way over the top.

More food......on a fancy boat.....and a visit by Cochran, the over-hyped "superstar" just came off as very cheesy to me.

That's a big assumption that she might win over her new tribe.  We've seen many times in the past, someone wins a food challenge, picks 1-2-3 people to go there with, only to be voted off the very next week.  To me, I would have taken the extra vote or the fake idol kit.
Haven't we seen where someone brings a reward back and people just use that against them, "what are they really hiding?" Much better to let them think you sat alone on a small island the whole time.  

I know Cochran was thinking why couldn't it be Hali. 
And when she was going in for the first hug it looked like she was going for an open-mouthed kiss. 

I was sure Ozzy was a goner last night. I figured (due to the edit) they were going to flip and go Tai, he plays an idol and votes Ozzy. 

Fake idol kit is where its at IMO, assuming its a good kit that looks real.  plenty of options and ways you could use it.

If I were going to bet I bet she wastes that extra vote or doesn't use it.

Fake idol kit is where its at IMO, assuming its a good kit that looks real.  plenty of options and ways you could use it.

If I were going to bet I bet she wastes that extra vote or doesn't use it.

Interview with Jeff:  http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/06/survivor-jeff-probst-game-changers-advantage/

Sounds like the Idol kit was amazing.

BONUS QUESTION: Which advantage would you have taken — the fake idol kit, the extra vote, or the immunity challenge advantage — and why?
This is easy for me. The extra vote is really tricky to use. Yes, it’s very powerful but so far nobody has ever really used it in a way that had any positive impact. Because everybody is so cagey it’s tough to trust how anybody is actually going to vote, so it’s a big leap of faith. For that reason, I’m out. The challenge advantage is enticing but it doesn’t guarantee that I’ll win. For that reason, I’m out. But the fake idol is so much fun and offers so many ways to use it. I would absolutely use it to sabotage someone… like David did with Jay. Plus, this was a killer kit. It would have looked exactly like an idol. I was shocked and a bit bummed Debbie didn’t take it.

I thought this Exile was an interesting little twist, but my daughter thought of something to make it even more fun: Next week, it's the old school exile island, and every other week it switches between the fun boat and the sad island. 
Umm why would that work when no one but Debbie knows about what happened on the boat/ship plus there are two tribes with equal numbers.  Unless they do something once they merge I can't see that happening..... :shrug:

Interview with Jeff:  http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/06/survivor-jeff-probst-game-changers-advantage/

Sounds like the Idol kit was amazing.
I agree. The extra vote thing just seems too tough to be able to use. Really would only come in handy if the vote is going to be tied. Now, if it was a way to take away a vote from yourself, that would be interesting. The fake idol is useful because he could hang it over everyone and make them think you have an idol or you could do what David did last season and stash it somewhere and hope someone else finds it and thinks they are safe.

I agree. The extra vote thing just seems too tough to be able to use. Really would only come in handy if the vote is going to be tied. Now, if it was a way to take away a vote from yourself, that would be interesting. The fake idol is useful because he could hang it over everyone and make them think you have an idol or you could do what David did last season and stash it somewhere and hope someone else finds it and thinks they are safe.
Also if you can use the extra vote once the other votes are revealed, they have done that once before IIRC, it would be much more usable. 

Could also give the idol to someone as a sign of trust, I think that would be the best way to use it. Then you know who has it and can use that to your advantage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"I've met Presidents and Prime Ministers, so I'm not awestruck very often... but it is a real honor and privilege to meet someone like Cochran.  He's won this game!"  

:lmao:
I am 100% certain she has weekly tea parties with them in her padded cell.

They should also bring back Redemption Island without telling anyone. Like when they get down to 6, the next 3 that are voted off go there and compete to come back in the game. Then when the final 3 think they are the final 3, surprise, here comes so-and-so back into the game.

P.S. No way Debbie didn't take matters into her own hands minutes after Cochran left. She looked like she wanted to devour him. 

Umm why would that work when no one but Debbie knows about what happened on the boat/ship plus there are two tribes with equal numbers.  Unless they do something once they merge I can't see that happening..... :shrug:
only would work if you could make a fake clue as well

-QG

"I've met Presidents and Prime Ministers, so I'm not awestruck very often... but it is a real honor and privilege to meet someone like Cochran.  He's won this game!"  

:lmao:
Best line of the night. She is truly and utterly crazy, it's not editing. At this point, you know she believes what she's saying.

So JT is an idiot.

Debbie is incredibly annoying.

Sandra is fat and useless.

And Michaela has anger management issues.

Basically sums up tonight's episode.
I just watched last week's and am catching up, and finally wanted to post to :blackdot:  the thread, too.

I love Michaela.  I know she's surly, but I just love her - she's badass at challenges, smart, and hot.  I couldn't stop :lmao:  while she was pouring and drinking that coffee.

Since all you guys get to comment on the hotness of the women... I was crushed - CRUSHED - when Malcolm was voted out, but at least Ozzy is starting to get back into Ozzy form after a little time on the Survivor diet.  He showed up looking a bit puffy.  JT would be the best-looking one if he (1) never opened his mouth (those teeth and that accent and that stupidity) and (2) never took his shirt off.

Is there any former winner who's played as bad as JT did on this season?  I'm sure there must be, but getting your best ally voted out with nothing to show for it, and then getting voted out yourself the next week while in possession of a HII, is epically bad.

had a conversation with a former Survivor player last Saturday and asked her specifically about Debbie's mental state. her reply, "Oh, yeah. She's ####-ing crazy for sure. Not an act."  

CanadianNFLJunkie said:
Yeah, it would work better after the merge, but Debbie's going to tell people something - either the truth (at least about the boat part) or the lie that it was the typical exile island.  If she lies and someone goes the next week, gets the island version, and comes back telling the truth, she'll think they're lying. If she tells the truth and the same thing happens, the others will end up thinking she was lying. 

I don't know how it would actually play out, but it could be fun. 

Did they say that Exile Island was happening every week or are they just using it due to the two team merge and the odd numbers?

She's definitely had her share of good luck during her winning seasons, so I don't feel that bad for her, but I do hate to see good players get screwed like that. It's especially tough when the shuffle gives another player like Tai such an incredible advantage. Pretty darn unfair that one clue ends up giving him two immunity idols.

Is there any former winner who's played as bad as JT did on this season?  I'm sure there must be, but getting your best ally voted out with nothing to show for it, and then getting voted out yourself the next week while in possession of a HII, is epically bad.
We'll it depends.  On heros vs villains JT on the heros side gave an idiot to Russel of the villains side who then in turn gave the idol to Parvita who eventually used that idol and one she had found to save Jerri and Sandra. Saving those two caused  JT to be voted off instead.  Long story short, JT is an idiot.

She's definitely had her share of good luck during her winning seasons, so I don't feel that bad for her, but I do hate to see good players get screwed like that. It's especially tough when the shuffle gives another player like Tai such an incredible advantage. Pretty darn unfair that one clue ends up giving him two immunity idols.
Yeah, but it's not like Sandra has ever even looked for an idol (at least what we are shown).  Tai finds idols cause Tai looks for idols.  He was even called out on it at tribal.

I keep thinking all that talk at tribal for Ozzy was just a ploy.  They all voted Sandra and Tai didn't play his idol.  He had to know that Sandra was the vote for sure.

Not sure if I was Tai that I could have sat there and not played an idol when I had 2 in my pocket.  

Users who are viewing this thread