What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (6 Viewers)

And, as we all thought, final extinction member returns at final 5. 
I'm not sure about that.  In the preview for next week it looked like they had a battle royale challenge where an extinction member 'had a chance' to return.  It may not be a foregone conclusion that one of them returns (which is a good thing IMO)

Please anyone but Joe win the reentry comp. Aurora would be one of the more interesting returns IMO, coming back with the fresh wound of elimination. 
Would also make it interesting who she decides to work with.  Gavin, Lauren and Vic just voted her out.  She might have to bury her burning desire to get Devins out and actually vote with him.

:goodposting: ......

although I think he had to show the idol at that point to pretty much "guarantee" Julie stays....he worked that hard, no need to roll the dice if you don't have too....he was way past the point thinking the other 4 would listen to anything he said or any convincing argument he might make about keeping Julie...they were laser focused on Devens and knew with Julie around as his only working partner, her still being around would help keep him in the game.....think he had to show it

and on the bolded.....whether he makes the finals or not, this has been some of the best game play in survivor history IMO.....would be hard not to show it....the other players left know this is Devens game to lose and they may not be able to do anything about it.....knowing Devens has the idol, they have to start chopping at each other and that will mean working with Devens and allow him to slide right in...pretty much guaranteed if he wins another challenge...
I thought Deven's revealing the idol and saying he was playing it for Julie was a great move.  At that point, why wouldn't Victoria, Gavin and Lauren vote for Aurora?  That is the only way to ensure that you do not get voted out of the game.  Why take the risk?  Aurora was so dead set on Julie, she was not going to change her vote to any of the other 3.  This was an easy decision to get rid of Aurora.  Great play by Deven's to keep his idol as well!

Returning a player at this point can really screw with the game play.

With the Final 5 and Devens with an idol, he's pretty much a shoe in for the finals, but with the returning player, I'm not sure.

Let's say Joe gets in, then there are 6 players going for immunity, If Devens doesn't win, he will use his idol, but then he will be exposed at final 5 without another Immunity win or Idol find if there is one.

So the goal for Lauren, Gavin, and Victoria should be to go to the finals with Julie and the returning player from extinction. Julie has not done enough to win and the returning player has already been voted out. Devins ideal final would be the returning player and Julie. The returning player probably wants Rick and Julie in the finals because Rick has also been voted off and Julie has not done enough to win. Julie should just be happy to get to the finals.

With the Final 5 and Devens with an idol, he's pretty much a shoe in for the finals, but with the returning player, I'm not sure.
With the edit I have always felt the last player who returns is the winner. Devens is getting a huge in your face winner, who the producers really like but falls short and goes out 4th or 5th. 

The one advantage the returning player has is they have been bonding with the other jury members. Could likeability be enough to win the game? Maybe.
This is why I think if you have a returning player, it should be done prior to merge/jury selection.  No mingling with Jury members while still in the game. 

you would have to think that in order to keep it somewhat balanced for the returning players.....the "get back in the game challenge" has to be a physical challenge that also ends in a puzzle of some sort....

or a war of attrition/will challenge where they are uncomfortable but can outlast everybody else if they just hang in there....I'm thinking it is going to be something like this that has them uncomfortable but not so uncomfortable that they couldn't stay in for like an hour or more......I could see them really milking out the get back in the game challenge....

Last edited by a moderator:
Statorama said:
I'm not sure about that.  In the preview for next week it looked like they had a battle royale challenge where an extinction member 'had a chance' to return.  It may not be a foregone conclusion that one of them returns (which is a good thing IMO)
That was how I took the preview as well... Everyone, excile and those left in one final challenge.. If someone from exile wins, they are back in.. Otherwise "no soup for you".. :shrug:

parrot said:
They better hope Reem doesn't win.  
I don't like her but I am kinda rooting for her to get back in just because that would be hilarious.  Voted out first, #####ing ever chance she gets to each player that shows up, really doesn't give a crap about anything and now she is back in the game.  It would be a huge upset and be interesting to see other's reactions and how she handles herself. 

Walking Boot said:
He's killing it. At the very least, one of the most heroic edits of all time. Really telling the story from his perspective. 
He has been good but even that has been magnified by a really poor level of opposition.  Other than the obvious perks of surviving eye candy, this is the lamest bunch of people that I can remember this late in the game. 

I'll blame it on poor casting and Joe carrying a group of boring individuals along further than they deserved.

bryhamm said:
Which is precisely what any player not from EoE should say when doing their final speech:

Gavin:  Devins, I don't know how you can say you outlasted or outplayed me.  I was never voted out.  You were.
Devins:  Well, Gavin, I wasn't fortunate enough to be on a tribe with Joe, who carried you to win after win and a majority position.  Yes, I was voted out, but i earned my way back by winning a challenge against a tough group of competitors who all wanted a chance to get back in the game.  I also survived tribal after tribal, without an ally, when everyone wanted me out of the game.

A new concept would be that the jury never goes to tribal council. They stay on an island, or, I guess Ponderosa, but the only time they go to tribal is in the final 3, or final 4. They won't see all the petty stuff play out. Tribal won't be a bunch of grandstanding by the players.

All-time great level performance from Rick Devens this season.  Hustle, smarts, winning challenges, good strategy, bluffing, educating the jury.  Just fantastic.  If he gets to the vote, he sweeps.
I think he's my favorite player of all time.  And I didn't even like him to start.  He cracks me up when he does his breaking news reports.   :lol:

Devins = a likable Russell 

If I was on Exile, I would try to convince everyone to form an Exile alliance: if one of us makes it back to the game, and to the final 3, we all vote for that person to win. They have the numbers so it's a lock. People like Reek, that got voted out early, have not had a chance to play the social game or make a case for winning, should they get back to the game at 5 and make the finals. 

Devins = a likable Russell 

If I was on Exile, I would try to convince everyone to form an Exile alliance: if one of us makes it back to the game, and to the final 3, we all vote for that person to win. They have the numbers so it's a lock. People like Reek, that got voted out early, have not had a chance to play the social game or make a case for winning, should they get back to the game at 5 and make the finals. 
I thought this, too.  I feel like if the person coming back from Exile makes the final 3, they are a lock to win it all.  Or course, Devins playing so well may negate that thought, but under any other circumstance, it would seem that most of the jury would have a pact to vote for whoever made it back.  

I thought this, too.  I feel like if the person coming back from Exile makes the final 3, they are a lock to win it all.  Or course, Devins playing so well may negate that thought, but under any other circumstance, it would seem that most of the jury would have a pact to vote for whoever made it back.  
All the people on Exile get to see is at tribal....they don’t get to see the real “work” people on the island like Devens are doing.... :shrug:

granted he has had some epic tribals....

Stinkin Ref said:
you would have to think that in order to keep it somewhat balanced for the returning players.....the "get back in the game challenge" has to be a physical challenge that also ends in a puzzle of some sort....

or a war of attrition/will challenge where they are uncomfortable but can outlast everybody else if they just hang in there....I'm thinking it is going to be something like this that has them uncomfortable but not so uncomfortable that they couldn't stay in for like an hour or more......I could see them really milking out the get back in the game challenge....
Eating challenge would be awesome for the EoE’ers to get back in. Bring out some of those live slugs, balut, or cow brains and see who wants to stick around. Totally mental over physical. 

May be the worst hot take ever. 

Meth face?   :lmao:  Good god get a grip
I'm sure she'll look fantastic on the live finale. Right now she doesn't. I went too far with the meth comparison, but I still think she's been in steady decline from the neck up. Very strange to get so defensive over my opinion about a stranger.  :shrug:

Whole season ruined with this Crapfest final 3.. Such a joke that a guy that spent 27 days on edge and had Zero game play until the last TC has any chance to win this and the other two did nothing as well.. :thumbdown:  

Wonder how Jeff would respond if the top vote getter was "NONE OF THE ABOVE!!"

I read that fan favorite gets $100k. So  Devens should at least win a nice chunk of change 

Would be fitting that the worst season in recent memory is won by someone who was voted out early in the game

Users who are viewing this thread