What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (2 Viewers)

This honestly could be the jump the shark season for me. Haven't missed an episode since I was 15 but this was rough. I mean...the little observation hut above tribal council?

No eye candy either :kicksrock:

I didnt think it was that bad.  i liked that they spent a good amount of time building back story on the players.  Kind of like Australia does.  I know they will only do it for that episode though but still. 

So with this whole island, does this mean every week will be a new twist?  im intrigued.  I can see this ending very badly.  But we will see.  Glad they voted that idiot out.  he was annoying.

Yeah her lying about idol island made no sense.  She didn't have to tell them Rob and the other guy were there but just tell them she accepted a 50/50 challenge for an advantage or something and say she lost and lost her vote for just that night's TC.  No need to lie at all.  

Hoping as the season goes on we see less and less of those two and their ridiculous statues.  

Yeah her lying about idol island made no sense.  She didn't have to tell them Rob and the other guy were there but just tell them she accepted a 50/50 challenge for an advantage or something and say she lost and lost her vote for just that night's TC.  No need to lie at all.  

Hoping as the season goes on we see less and less of those two and their ridiculous statues.  
Don't count on it.  

Well I watched it, man the stuff with Rob and Sandra was ultra bad.

Teaching her to make fire is one thing but then having her go against him in a fire making challenge... yikes.

Then when it's over, "You should have never gone against me making fire!  What were you thinking?"  We get it, the show wants to make these 2 look like gods.

I so wished that the contestant who go picked to go to the island would have seen those statues and said "WTF, I hope I can get 4 seasons to compete and get gift wrapped a win by the show"

The observation hut was ridiculous.  Now we have to listen to their comments at every tribal?

Even the episode title was a Sandra quote: "I Vote You Out and That's It"

Thought the new cast was fine, glad to see Ronnie go home.

This honestly could be the jump the shark season for me. Haven't missed an episode since I was 15 but this was rough. I mean...the little observation hut above tribal council?

No eye candy either :kicksrock:
I dunno, Molly has some promise.  Maybe my standards are just low right now, though.   :oldunsure:

Not regretting my decision.  Jumping the shark after almost 20 pretty great years.. Burnett just couldn't help himself

Australia takes some getting used to, it's like a throwback to seasons of yore.  At least half these people play like they've never heard of the show.  But it's good clean fun, except for the mullet guy's constant asscheeks

Was pretty pissed when they voted out E.T.  I don't get that pissed at the US one anymore.  Anyway that's where I'm at so no spoilers!  I don't start many but I may start an AUS/NZ Survivor thread if there's a market for that

Love this show but man are my expectations low for this season.

Sandra and Rob are both brutal tv. Rob really should have just gone away after they gifted him his victory
I'm skipping this season entirely. 

I refuse to watch two of the biggest A holes ever, glorified week after week.  :X

Teaching her to make fire is one thing but then having her go against him in a fire making challenge... yikes.
At that point in the game, losing your vote isn't that bad against the possibility of gaining an idol.  That was a risk worth taking.

If the downside is one extra vote with your name on it is put in the voting jar, then you rethink things.

JZilla said:
Not regretting my decision.  Jumping the shark after almost 20 pretty great years.. Burnett just couldn't help himself

Australia takes some getting used to, it's like a throwback to seasons of yore.  At least half these people play like they've never heard of the show.  But it's good clean fun, except for the mullet guy's constant asscheeks

Was pretty pissed when they voted out E.T.  I don't get that pissed at the US one anymore.  Anyway that's where I'm at so no spoilers!  I don't start many but I may start an AUS/NZ Survivor thread if there's a market for that
Buckle up and enjoy the ride!  Look forward to hearing your reactions!   The mullet guy is how i pictured everyone in australia before i ever visited.  :lmao:

Statorama said:
At that point in the game, losing your vote isn't that bad against the possibility of gaining an idol.  That was a risk worth taking.

If the downside is one extra vote with your name on it is put in the voting jar, then you rethink things.
I agree with you, wasn't calling out her decision at all, even if she felt she had a 10% chance she should have taken it.  With 10 people in your tribe, no one is going to let it come down to a 5-5 split based on how things were going so far.

I was calling out how cringe worthy the whole thing was.  The whole thing was set up to try and show how Rob is such a dominant player.  

Ronnie actually thinks the poker community gives a crap about him being on Survivor? I'm not in that community, but something tells me he's not that famous.

I can’t believe she decided to lie about island of the idols.  Idiotic and will most definitely blow up in her face very quickly.  

Watched every year but Season One and I just don't know if I am going to give this season any of my time. I was sick of Rob and Sandra before and I don't want to see them now. 

I can’t believe she decided to lie about island of the idols.  Idiotic and will most definitely blow up in her face very quickly.  
That was the dumbest call. It will 100% get out eventually and being honest means everyone knows she doesn’t have an advantage and thus a target on your back. Being called out as a liar later can never help her.

She wasn’t particularly smart about any of that. It wasn’t even a 10% chance of victory, she had no chance. Keep the vote and be honest.

The decision not to tell was so idiotic I am thinking the producers asked her to lie so that they can keep the gimmick running for a few weeks and keep the "surprise factor" and the hidden hut etc at tribal.

:goodposting:  
Will get tired of seeing Rob and Sandra every week.
But otherwise, for the 1st show which is usually a pile of manure, it wasn't as bad as we feared.. 
I’m curious if they are somehow involve themselves in strategy.  They are watching tribals.  Will they give advice or recommendations?  Also will there be an advantage every week?  Could make things interesting but imo too many advantages doesn’t work well.

Too many bells and whistles tarnishes the true game IMO.

They just can't stop tinkering.  Oy.

the Easter Island heads of Rob and Sandra are so self-congratulatory.

Ughh

The decision not to tell was so idiotic I am thinking the producers asked her to lie so that they can keep the gimmick running for a few weeks and keep the "surprise factor" and the hidden hut etc at tribal.
I agree. Would have been better just to say. Rob and Sandra were there. I lost a fire challenge to Rob so I got no advantage. 

They seem to be spending a lot of time this season doing character development. Which i think will pay off.  It’s what some of the other countries survivors do.  

it’s a little slow right now but i think it will pick up.  I hope.   :unsure:  

Without Sandra and Rob, it wouldn't be bad.

Did we really have to listen to Rob read the rules out loud again this week?

Holy hell, if I had to listen to those 2 idiots go on and on about their lives I would have zoned out as well.

Without Sandra and Rob, it wouldn't be bad.

Did we really have to listen to Rob read the rules out loud again this week?

Holy hell, if I had to listen to those 2 idiots go on and on about their lives I would have zoned out as well.
So far their advice has been so helpful.

"You need to know how to make fire."

"You need to listen to people to form social relationships."

Wow, so deep. No wonder they had them back.

So why did the next person also lie about meeting the idols?  And with the exact same lie about three erns to hit.  Makes me think they are being fed that line to keep the "suspense" of what is out there.  I still see no reason to lie about what is out there.  It doesn't gain you anything and will hurt you when people find out you lied.  Terrible idea.

Also, each team going into the "gotta vote out the biggest threat" at their first tribal council thing.  When will these teams learn that the most important thing is to vote out people that weaken the tribe early and worry about the big threats when you get to the merge (or a lot closer to it).  Voting out your best player (not that I am saying the people voted out were all that great) early is terrible because the most important thing at this stage is staying away from Tribal Council.  You do that by keeping your team as strong as possible and not worrying about getting out "threats". 

Users who are viewing this thread