What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (7 Viewers)

Here are the flaws for the people in the middle who decide to pull a blindside on a "threat" at the first tribal:

1. They usually take out someone who makes their tribe weaker in challenges, and makes it more likely that they will be back at tribal council
  2. They have brought attention to themselves as someone who is playing the game hard and therefore they have put a target on their own back
  3. By removing a threat, they have removed someone who could be a target later in the game.
I say for the first part of the game, work hard, get along with people, don't take leadership of the tribe, don't expose yourself as a threat, and don't rock the boat. Of course, if you know you are on the bottom, do whatever you can to stay in the game.

Gally said:
So why did the next person also lie about meeting the idols?  And with the exact same lie about three erns to hit.  Makes me think they are being fed that line to keep the "suspense" of what is out there.  I still see no reason to lie about what is out there.  It doesn't gain you anything and will hurt you when people find out you lied.  Terrible idea.
Agree just say I had to beat Boston rob in a fire making challenge and lost so no advantage or idol. You have a Harvard graduate with time to come up a good lie and that’s what she came up with?. 

The first team that had to go to tribal had the girl who lost to Rob in the fire making right? So they get back after tribal and are having a hard time lighting their fire with the flint and a different girl gets the fire going in like two minutes. Where was the girl that lost to Rob? Did she not learn anything about building fire? Shouldn't she at least have tried since she had been practicing?

Do I have that right?

The first team that had to go to tribal had the girl who lost to Rob in the fire making right? So they get back after tribal and are having a hard time lighting their fire with the flint and a different girl gets the fire going in like two minutes. Where was the girl that lost to Rob? Did she not learn anything about building fire? Shouldn't she at least have tried since she had been practicing?

Do I have that right?
yes, you have that right

Stinkin Ref said:
have to admit....so far it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be...that last TC blindside was pretty sweet....dude calling out Jamaal for not even bringing his property to TC was a pretty solid move....
Yeah, I've actually been pleasantly surprised at how little Rob and Sandra have been in it so far. Still worried that they'll be more prominent after the merge or something.

Do I have that right?
Probably didn't want to give away her stupid lie about what happened on the island. 

Gally said:
So why did the next person also lie about meeting the idols?  And with the exact same lie about three erns to hit.  Makes me think they are being fed that line to keep the "suspense" of what is out there.  I still see no reason to lie about what is out there.  It doesn't gain you anything and will hurt you when people find out you lied.  Terrible idea.
Agreed the lying is terrible.  I think (but I'm not sure), that the first girl pulled a name out of the bag from someone on the other tribe.  So far they both elected to lie to their tribes, but next week is when someone will realize they lied.

Have people on this show ever seen a good looking girl before?  The fact that all of the people thought that Molly was "a hot, popular girl that has the men wrapped around her finger" kept making me and my wife laughing to tears.  I'm not saying Molly was ugly, but she is average at best.  I would guess if you found her HS year book, you'd find a picture of her in a band outfit and a quote under the picture about Klingons or something.

Molly hot.   :lmao:

Have people on this show ever seen a good looking girl before?  The fact that all of the people thought that Molly was "a hot, popular girl that has the men wrapped around her finger" kept making me and my wife laughing to tears.  I'm not saying Molly was ugly, but she is average at best.  I would guess if you found her HS year book, you'd find a picture of her in a band outfit and a quote under the picture about Klingons or something.

Molly hot.   :lmao:
She was the best looking female on the island, as sad as that is.  It quickly becomes about perception in your group when that’s all you get to see day in and day out. Plus, she had a smile like Pavarti so she fell into that space of being a threat as well. 

She was the best looking female on the island, as sad as that is.  It quickly becomes about perception in your group when that’s all you get to see day in and day out. Plus, she had a smile like Pavarti so she fell into that space of being a threat as well. 
She might have been the best looking out of the group, but it wasn't like they were on Day 30.  They've been there for 4 days or whatever.  

:thumbup:

first thing I noticed about her.

That vote made zero strategic sense.. You had Vince who would have stuck to your voting block to the end.. Tom on the other hand will flop as soon as he can. :loco:  
:goodposting:

i really did not follow what started the whispering and whether it caused a flip to Vince. Nothing suggested a cause of it.

That vote made zero strategic sense.. You had Vince who would have stuck to your voting block to the end.. Tom on the other hand will flop as soon as he can. :loco:  
The whole cast seems like morons...  Sorry, that's as nice as I can be.

Why would the guys not go to Vince and say, "Hey, they are voting you out. You better play your idol", then put all their votes on Karishma?

They flush the idol (which they wanted) and get rid of a girl (which they weren't opposed to doing and would serve their game).

Agreed.  He was going to stick with the girls, so bad move on their part.  For the guys, if they have any thoughts the girls were allied, getting rid of a guy (even if you think he's voting with the women) isn't smart.

Curious to hear what was whispered between the girls at TC.  Guess it was they were reassuring her it was going to be Vince and not her.  Heavily edited episode it seems.  

OK, first good thing I will say about this season, I liked the idea of sneaking into the opposing tribes camp and getting fire (he brought back ashes as it was out).  This was a pretty cool idea.  Now, I still can't stand Rob and Sanda.  Her teaching him to crawl was ridiculous. 

How does he not use that idol on himself?  It is only good at this tribal and the next.  If he felt that strong in his new alliance, then he would likely feel the same way next tribal if he is right.  NO reason to keep that idol in your pocket.  If it was a normal idol, I can understand more if he felt he trusted them, but he thought he was out last tribal, no way I do not play it this tribal. 

Always funny watching someone leave with an idol in there pocket.   I think that guy forgot he is still a dude even if acts like a girl.

mozzy84 said:
That was painful to read.  He said yo about 50 times lol.  So glad he’s gone 
found his use of the word "queer" to be a little strange....maybe I am out of touch, but I thought that was one of the words we aren't supposed to use any more....

You can, it just doesn't mean what it used to. 
not to derail the thread....but could you explain....seriously I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything...I'm must just be out of touch with this and am a little confused....because he seems to be using it to describe exactly what I thought it "used to mean"...

edit: so I just did a little research....and I guess it is okay now.....but I would still fear that a person who is queer would not know that I am not using it the way it used to be used and would think I was being derogatory....so probably still an "avoid" for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't mean strictly homosexual. As in "I think that guy is a queer". That would be frowned upon usage. 

Instead it's an "identity" that is more nuanced. Queer men and queer women are more likely to be 'gender-fluid', and more non-traditional in how they express it. Queer women may date men, for example, and not strictly be lesbian, nor feel "bi-sexual" applies to them either. It generally means non-traditional--going against both traditional heterosexual and traditional homosexual tropes. 
thanks...I added an edit to my post above after doing a little research....thanks for the info tho...I'm old so its a little confusing..

Karishma nicking her finger, claiming it was cut to the bone, dramatically coming close to passing out due to three drops of blood coming out, then declaring her tribe dead to her for not rushing to her side to add to her drama was an underrated sequence. 
Yeah, that was messed up that not one of her tribe mates offered any help.  Not sure if true or not it but hope cbs showing it accurately.  

Yeah, that was messed up that not one of her tribe mates offered any help.  Not sure if true or not it but hope cbs showing it accurately.  
My wife and I debated this last night. At least in terms of the edit, my wife was upset that nobody even acknowledged her injury or noticed when she was hunched over away from the fire. 

I think her reaction was nonchalant enough not to raise any reaction from the tribe at the time of the injury. She didn’t scream, shout, cry, or feel the need to put direct pressure on a cut that went to the bone (hell, the camera guy had enough time to get some close-ups of her palm). Maybe she was in shock or had never injured herself previously, but a first-reaction would have been to grab a buff or something and put it on the cut, right? 

And the “tribe is dead to me” was framed immediately following the “I’m different - I’m conservative - I’m representing a whole group of people on t.v. and trying to fit in and don’t know if these women like me narrative,” so I think there’s a bunch we didn’t see televised. 

OK, first good thing I will say about this season, I liked the idea of sneaking into the opposing tribes camp and getting fire (he brought back ashes as it was out).  This was a pretty cool idea.  Now, I still can't stand Rob and Sanda.  Her teaching him to crawl was ridiculous. 

How does he not use that idol on himself?  It is only good at this tribal and the next.  If he felt that strong in his new alliance, then he would likely feel the same way next tribal if he is right.  NO reason to keep that idol in your pocket.  If it was a normal idol, I can understand more if he felt he trusted them, but he thought he was out last tribal, no way I do not play it this tribal. 
Yeah, not playing it was completely stupid. Going to idol island creates some instant distrust hence splitting the vote. If he was the target all along he was awful at reading the fact that no one was including him. I’d always use it the first week. If it’s useful for longer than two weeks, sure some thinking to do but clearly he wasn’t 100% confident and then you never wait to use it. 

I think it's safe to say that I'm not sure about this season.  In general.  I really don't care about anyone yet.  No eye candy.  Nothing really interesting.  I'm not a hater of Boston Rob and/or Sandra, but the whole premise is pretty dumb.  Very meh on this season.  I'll continue to watch, will continue to check in here, but after what... 15 years?  I'm not caring about this much.

Quint said:
My wife and I debated this last night. At least in terms of the edit, my wife was upset that nobody even acknowledged her injury or noticed when she was hunched over away from the fire. 

I think her reaction was nonchalant enough not to raise any reaction from the tribe at the time of the injury. She didn’t scream, shout, cry, or feel the need to put direct pressure on a cut that went to the bone (hell, the camera guy had enough time to get some close-ups of her palm). Maybe she was in shock or had never injured herself previously, but a first-reaction would have been to grab a buff or something and put it on the cut, right? 

And the “tribe is dead to me” was framed immediately following the “I’m different - I’m conservative - I’m representing a whole group of people on t.v. and trying to fit in and don’t know if these women like me narrative,” so I think there’s a bunch we didn’t see televised. 
We had the same discussion and I was of the side of she barely made any fuss when it happened....and even the comment seemed like a complete exaggeration since there was no panic associated with it.  It was almost a hushed "I just cut myself to the bone".  I am wondering how many people actually heard her say that at all. 

It didn't really seem like a very deep cut but I do know people that will pass out rather easily under circumstances like that (not much food, hot, weak, etc) when they see blood or get injured.  So I can see her almost fainting....plus since she went to her knees right away it seems like a condition she may have experienced before a few times so she knows when it's coming on (my wife is like that). 

All in all just a weird sequence of events.  I definitely think it was edited weirdly to not really show what really happened in the tribe response.  Plus it wasn't even brought up in tribal.  I would have thought she would have blown up about that or at least mentioned how they all left her after she cut herself "to the bone". 

Karishma nicking her finger, claiming it was cut to the bone, dramatically coming close to passing out due to three drops of blood coming out, then declaring her tribe dead to her for not rushing to her side to add to her drama was an underrated sequence. 
Did anyone else think about George Thorogood when she said this?  Bad to the Bone

Remember that "Girls Alliance" talk?? Worked out great yet again. ...39 seasons and a "All Girls Alliance" has yet to ever stick together. :lol:  

Love how she cut Rob off and said "I'm in!"  I'm sure there was more if she would have thought a little about.  He would have sweetened the pot like with the others.

I don't know if she is in any type of alliance but, really, the advantage would have helped her alliance in that she could block someone's vote.  If she didn't get to guide the challenge she loses her vote.  She could have just said that to her alliance and not the group and it would be in their best interest to let her call.  But she may be on the bottom and have no numbers, I can't remember.  

Don't think Rob told her it was only good for the next TC or not (she didn't let him get any words out).  Maybe he didn't get a chance to tell her. But if it was her advantage to use any time in the game, she should have come up with another story to tell.  She tried to just bully them into agreeing to let her call.  How could that have possibly backfired on her?   :lol:

Remember that "Girls Alliance" talk?? Worked out great yet again. ...39 seasons and a "All Girls Alliance" has yet to ever stick together. :lol:  
Yep.  They are always vindictive sooner or later.  But, Missy did say they'd still have the girls majority even if they vote off a girl.  

Did anyone think Aaron was African American? I didn't put much thought into it but I would have guessed middle-eastern/Indian-ish.

Users who are viewing this thread