Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 39 (Island of the Idols): Starts Wednesday Sep. 25, 2019

1 minute ago, Ned said:

I can't stand Varner.  I knew as soon as he was doing the ball thing that he was going to blow it.

He blew a challenge to Andrea.

Andrea

:lmao: 

:lmao: and then promptly balled like a whiny little #####...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ned said:

I can't stand Varner.  I knew as soon as he was doing the ball thing that he was going to blow it.

He blew a challenge to Andrea.

Andrea

:lmao: 

Not a fan of this guy either. He sucks at all challenges, never makes any good moves. Not sure why he is such a fan favorite.

Just now, The General said:

Not a fan of this guy either. He sucks at all challenges, never makes any good moves. Not sure why he is such a fan favorite.

He's certainly not on the Survivor diet either....is he leaving any food for anyone else to eat?

Debbie voted with her group, but in the previews for next week, she is livid with Brad and goes after him.  Wonder what that's all about.  Anyone know?

1 minute ago, Jayrok said:

Debbie voted with her group, but in the previews for next week, she is livid with Brad and goes after him.  Wonder what that's all about.  Anyone know?

Brad bangs her is the rumor

• Like 2

It's good to see one or two smart players who are also good at challenges stick around for a while, so I'm bummed that Malcolm is out and JT looks to be in trouble.  I am looking forward to seeing if JT can get himself out of this, though.

Also bummed that they didn't show Malcolm "cussing" his way down the trail on his way out like he said he would.

1 minute ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

Ahh.  That makes the most sense.  I mean, who wouldn't?  

2 minutes ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: 

1 minute ago, jhib said:

It's good to see one or two smart players who are also good at challenges stick around for a while, so I'm bummed that Malcolm is out and JT looks to be in trouble.  I am looking forward to seeing if JT can get himself out of this, though.

Also bummed that they didn't show Malcolm "cussing" his way down the trail on his way out like he said he would.

I hope they shake the tribes up again.  I'd like to see JT get back with some of his originals, and I'd like to see Sandra, for once, on the outside looking in with a new tribe.  Let's see how good she is when she isn't in the majority.  

I sat there last night thinking back to how the first episode put me to sleep it was so boring.  Now, last night was one of the most entertaining episodes I can remember watching.

:loco: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ned said:

I sat there last night thinking back to how the first episode put me to sleep it was so boring.  Now, last night was one of the most entertaining episodes I can remember watching.

:loco: 

Yeah, usually you have to wait for the post-merge episodes for interesting TCs.

There was something about how Jeff worded it when he first said only the one winning tribe would be given immunity that made my family start talking about how it would be cool if they had to both go to one TC instead of two separate ones.  None of us thought they would actually do it, though.

56 minutes ago, jhib said:

I really think she's smarter than a lot of you are giving her credit for.  She's a two-time winner with no physical game, so what other option does she have to go far in the game than to act the villain just enough to make everyone think she'll never get a vote in the end.  She also always seems to get along with the majority of whatever tribe she's currently on, and saves the #####iness for other tribes or minority groups in her own tribe.

I'm sure this role comes easily to her, but at the same time if she put on a modest, gentle, kind act then I think she'd get voted off quicker.

Scroll back about 3 weeks back when I posted how she won her two previous times.  I give her credit for manipulating others but she's slightly better that Cirie as a player.  She lucked out on both of her wins IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jhib said:

Yeah, usually you have to wait for the post-merge episodes for interesting TCs.

There was something about how Jeff worded it when he first said only the one winning tribe would be given immunity that made my family start talking about how it would be cool if they had to both go to one TC instead of two separate ones.  None of us thought they would actually do it, though.

We watch on DVR...so when I was FF'ing through commercials I noticed how much time was left on the episode when they were already in the immunity challenge.  There was still half the show left - WTH.  I said to my wife: either they'er doing 2 TCs again this week, or something huge is going down.

Fun stuff.

35 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

The previews are the Debbie I remember from previous season. She is :crazy: and it only takes a minor thing to send her off the cliff and lose it.. 

Sandra being totally worthless in getting food, winning a challenge or doing anything at all physical actually plays to her advantage.  Every day they look at her and figure she will never win anything and will vote with the group so keep her another week.

I think they go back to two tribes this week when there are 16 players or 2 weeks from now when there are 14 players. They like to divide tribes so there are equal numbers.

I think JT and Malcolm didn't think this through enough. Getting rid of Sandra actually helps their tribe in challenges. it also gets rid of a player you know you cannot trust. So they should have gone to tribal and said "look, we want Sandra out of this game and the 5 of us on our tribe (other than Sandra) are voting for her. We have an idol and will play it if you try to team up with Sandra to vote out someone else on our tribe. If you do not team up with Sandra and vote somebody else off, then you risk tying 5-5 and we have to draw rocks. Let us all be rid of this cancer that is Sandra!"

Yes, I know they don't have an idol, but Culpepper's tribe doesn't know that.

1 hour ago, Ned said:
2 hours ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

Culpepper playing a strong game so far, last week he worked Tai perfectly and last night he played JT like a fiddle. 

Pretty sure he was the one to convince Tai to give the idol to Sierra too

Yep, Tai was all proud he had the Idol, but was completely clueless about whether to play it, and for whom. Culpepper knew both answers without hesitation and bailed him out. 

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:
3 hours ago, jhib said:

:lmao:  That crying spell after he blew the challenge was a bit over the top, wasn't it?

Varner is more Zeke than Zeke.  

Zeke and Tai are not the only gay people on the Island. Jeff is gay too.

He is from the area and was interviewed recently, and he said he tried to play more laid back this season since there were so many alphas on the island, and being assertive got him in trouble last time. I don't think he wins any challenges, because they played some game and he won the challenge and was awarded a fake necklace around his neck, and he said it was the first time he has ever worn one. I know some don't like him (based on some posts in here), but I do. I like his personality.

Edited by simey

No clue how JT managed to win this game once.  Telling brad their plan made zero sense unless he was going to flip and vote with them.  He didn't know Tai had an idol, so it made zero sense unless I am missing something.   The tribe will figure that out and that is where the backlash will come next week.

He gave an idol to Russel a few years back if I remember right, not the brightest guy around for sure.

I liked Malcolm's exiting comment about JT not getting an xmas card this year :lmao:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, simey said:

He is from the area and was interviewed recently, and he said he tried to play more laid back this season since there were so many alphas on the island, and being assertive got him in trouble last time. I don't think he wins any challenges, because they played some game and he won the challenge and was awarded a fake necklace around his neck, and he said it was the first time he has ever worn one. I know some don't like him (based on some posts in here), but I do. I like his personality.

You don't say :lmao:

22 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:
49 minutes ago, simey said:

You don't say :lmao:

:DI wasn't sure that Jayrok knew Jeff was gay when he said "Varner is more Zeke than Zeke."

Edited by simey

1 minute ago, Jayrok said:
18 minutes ago, simey said:

:DI wasn't sure that Jayrod knew Jeff was gay when he said "Varner is more Zeke than Zeke."

That wasn't Jayrod.  And I suspected that Jeff was gay well before this episode.  

I obviously meant Jayrok, but I changed it for you in my original post. I guess I didn't know what you meant by your Zeke comment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simey said:

I obviously meant Jayrok, but I changed it for you in my original post. I guess I didn't know what you meant by your Zeke comment.

;) Was just messin' with you.  

7 minutes ago, Jayrok said:
10 minutes ago, simey said:

;) Was just messin' with you.  

Well...I wouldn't want to be confused with Jayrod, so I don't blame you for pointing it out. :lol:

Edited by simey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, simey said:

Well...I wouldn't want to be confused for Jayrod, so I don't blame you for pointing it out. :lol:

:lol:    I thought Jeff might be gay during his last season, but didn't know for sure.  The comment was along those lines since everyone knows Zeke is gay.  I don't dislike Jeff.  He's just not a favorite of mine this season.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I don't dislike Jeff.  He's just not a favorite of mine this season.  

And that has more to do with him hiding behind Sandra than anything he's said or done this season.  

12 minutes ago, Nick Vermeil said:

We're talking about Probst, right? Definitely gay, but master of the beard.  

I'd love to know how many contestants he has nailed. I know he dated one for awhile but there has to be a good dozen more mixed in there.

Debbie before challenge.. "I'm REALLY good at balancing " After failing MISERABLE with a lead "Culpepper dictates what we all do and I'm pissed" :lmao:

Edited by snogger
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, snogger said:

Debbie before challenge.. "I'm REALLY good at balancing " After failing MISERABLE with a lead "Culpepper dictates what we all do and I'm pissed" :lmao:

please get her out of here!

• Like 2

This is the :loco: Debbie we all know ..

Did she just say "I don't explode in anger " ???? :lol:

Debbie is on drugs. 

Didn't she say she's good at balance? And Brad agreed to give her a balance part? What's this talk about a dictatorship? 

"She's like a crazy lady" :lmao:

I think I like Sandra more than Debbie. And that's saying something.

• Like 4

JT is an idiot.. if there is even a 1% chance you might get voted out and you have a HI ...ALWAYS play the HI :wall:

So JT is an idiot.

Debbie is incredibly annoying.

Sandra is fat and useless.

And Michaela has anger management issues.

Basically sums up tonight's episode.

• Like 2

wow.  didnt even bring it to tribal.  that has to go down as one of the biggest f ups in survivor history.

• Like 2

Woah... next week could be a "game changer" .. drop your buffs, exile Island and "a previous survivor returns"

:popcorn:

3 minutes ago, Don't Toews Me said:

Sandra is fat and useless.

She did work the puzzle, but more than anything she played JT like a fiddle.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, omally said:

She did work the puzzle, but more than anything she played JT like a fiddle.

She is playing one hell of a game thus far.  Impressive considering she is weak as far as challenges go and a two time winner so she should be a huge pre merge target.  And she has zero votes against her thus far.  :shrug:

Edited by PinkydaPimp
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, snogger said:

Woah... next week could be a "game changer" .. drop your buffs, exile Island and "a previous survivor returns"

:popcorn:

lol that's a lot for one 60 minute episode.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

wow.  didnt even bring it to tribal.  that has to go down as one of the biggest f ups in survivor history.

Yep before losing the challenge, I really need to find the idol.  Loses challenge, ah I don't think I need to bring this thing along...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Plaid Boxer said:

JT coming back for exile island?

Ummm I would think no since there are 15 players left, 7 + 7 + 1 extra, but then there's someone coming into the picture somehow so.....

I know a lot of you don't like Sandra or respect her game.  However, she's certainly pretty good at getting the votes right.

Edited by Juxtatarot
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

She is playing one hell of a game thus far.  Impressive considering she is weak as far as challenges go and a two time winner so she should be a huge pre merge target.  And she has zero votes against her thus far.  :shrug:

idiots believing that since she won twice No one would vote for her again.. That and they feel they can get rid of her anytime after the merge...  You'd think returning "game changers" would play smarter but so far :whistle: