Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 39 (Island of the Idols): Starts Wednesday Sep. 25, 2019

Recommended Posts

JT with a huge blunder. Almost as bad as James going home with two idols in his pocket.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way they edit the show you can almost predict who is going home.

The Sugar Queen Survives again. It amazes me that is these return games they let players like Boston Rob and Sandra even hang around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I change my mind about Tai - he's better at reading the other contestants than I thought.

He realized pretty quickly that Debbie was upset after the reward challenge.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jhib said:

I change my mind about Tai - he's better at reading the other contestants than I thought.

He realized pretty quickly that Debbie was upset after the reward challenge.

 

 

I wonder what clued him in.. lol.   she's a lunatic

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snogger said:

Debbie before challenge.. "I'm REALLY good at balancing " After failing MISERABLE with a lead "Culpepper dictates what we all do and I'm pissed" :lmao:

Yet, he apologized to her.  She's a nut case.

3 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

wow.  didnt even bring it to tribal.  that has to go down as one of the biggest f ups in survivor history.

a true #######.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew as soon as they focused on Debbie claiming she was good at balancing exactly how that challenge would go. She's insane. Are they still running the eight dozen jobs she claimed to have under her name every time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

I knew as soon as they focused on Debbie claiming she was good at balancing exactly how that challenge would go. She's insane. Are they still running the eight dozen jobs she claimed to have under her name every time? 

Her memory sucks butt too.
Her face looks like the remnants of a mountain lion attack.

2/10 Would not bang.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandra could have dumped the sugar in the sand, but no. She had to eat all of it. What a weirdo. But Operation Chaos works.

That's like if Russel Hantz, instead of burning someone's socks, decided to jerk off into it before before tossing it into the fire.

It's late and I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EYLive said:

Her memory sucks butt too.
Her face looks like the remnants of a mountain lion attack.

2/10 Would not bang.

But she's got an 8 pack dude. Come on. Are you gay?

NTTAWWT

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That's why I look like this... I have an eight pack for Chris sakes!"  :lmao:

Two of those, Debbie, are where your boobs are supposed to be.  And your rib bones don't count as ab muscles.  

Hollering at Brad during the challenge.  "Heaven forbid we let the gymnast do the balance beams!"  :lol:

That girl is nuts.  

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they all did a great job at tribal making it look like it was going to be Mikayla in order to get JT to not play an idol if he had one . . .

Then the post-boot interview ruined it all by revealing that the dolt didn't even bring it to tribal. Seriously - you JUST got done sabotaging your team at the last tribal council, and you don't even bring your idol to the next one??!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JT... what a doofus.  If you have an idol and know you're on the outs, you have to dig deep and try to find out if there's anyone... anyone who will vote with you for someone else.  He fell for Sandra's BS and felt safe.  Such an idiot.  Didn't even have it with him.  

As soon as Sandra tells Probst that they are going to keep their strongest player and "HE" will help them win challenges... everyone in the house knew she was setting up JT.. except JT.  Red flags should have popped him all in the face.  Good grief.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nysfl2 said:

I thought they all did a great job at tribal making it look like it was going to be Mikayla in order to get JT to not play an idol if he had one . . .

Then the post-boot interview ruined it all by revealing that the dolt didn't even bring it to tribal. Seriously - you JUST got done sabotaging your team at the last tribal council, and you don't even bring your idol to the next one??!?!?

Mentioned it above, but you could tell they were setting up JT at tribal.  Michaela even knew Sandra was not voting her.  Otherwise she wouldn't have held her tongue as much as she did.  She gets extremely defensive, which is why she's a loose canon and won't win.  But she kept somewhat quiet because she knew it wasn't her going.  She wasn't sure about Aubrey, which led to a couple of faces when Aubrey talked.  

Sandra is smart but she was too obvious about it in my opinion.  But JT is dumb, so... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Anyone else catch the Sierra cameltoe on the beach?

Didn't see that but there was a nice jiggly butt shot of Michaela running out of that sand during the challenge.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Don't Toews Me said:

I think I like Sandra more than Debbie. And that's saying something.

I still like Debbie more than Sandra.  She's a dumpster fire, but she wears her emotions on her sleeve.  I think everyone knows what they get with Debbie.  Sandra is a snake.. a smart calculating snake.  Want her gone before they merge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, snogger said:

Debbie before challenge.. "I'm REALLY good at balancing " After failing MISERABLE with a lead "Culpepper dictates what we all do and I'm pissed" :lmao:

And she said Haley took 10mins on the beams and cost them the game while she (Deb) breezed right through them.

What sort of bizarro world does she live in?  She's gotta be certified schizophrenic, right?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ned said:

And she said Haley took 10mins on the beams and cost them the game while she (Deb) breezed right through them.

What sort of bizarro world does she live in?  She's gotta be certified schizophrenic, right?  

I was like WTF is she talking about? We all saw the same thing where she couldn't to the balance beam, right? She's a freaking pyscho.

As for Sandra, no idea how they have kept her around so far. That tribe is lucky there is a merge coming because they have the weakest players left in the game outside of Michaela.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ned said:

And she said Haley took 10mins on the beams and cost them the game while she (Deb) breezed right through them.

What sort of bizarro world does she live in?  She's gotta be certified schizophrenic, right?  

Maybe she did, with editing it's hard to say. One thing is the editors want  everyone to think she is certified schizophrenic with her edit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, snogger said:

Woah... next week could be a "game changer" .. drop your buffs, exile Island and "a previous survivor returns"

:popcorn:

If they're going back to two tribes of 7, and 1 player going to exile island... I hope it's Sandra.  Or at least I hope she gets put on a tribe where she doesn't have the numbers.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Mentioned it above, but you could tell they were setting up JT at tribal.  Michaela even knew Sandra was not voting her.  Otherwise she wouldn't have held her tongue as much as she did.  She gets extremely defensive, which is why she's a loose canon and won't win.  But she kept somewhat quiet because she knew it wasn't her going.  She wasn't sure about Aubrey, which led to a couple of faces when Aubrey talked.  

Sandra is smart but she was too obvious about it in my opinion.  But JT is dumb, so... 

Sandra already planted the seed in JT that they were tired of Micheala's crap by eating that sugar, and telling him it had to have been Micheala.  JT knows Sandra doesn't hold back when she is mad, and I'm sure it seemed normal to him for Sandra to be implying that Micheala was gone. The plan worked so good that JT didn't even bring his idol to tribal.

Edited by simey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, simey said:

Sandra already planted the seed in JT that they were tired of Micheala's crap by eating that sugar, and telling him it had to have been Micheala.  JT knows Sandra doesn't hold back when she is mad, and I'm sure it seemed normal to him for Sandra to be implying that Micheala was gone. The plan worked great so good that JT didn't even bring is idol to tribal.

JT is dumb.  When you have an idol you have to try to make sure you aren't in danger (which he has been in danger, especially since Sandra believed he had to tell Brad that Sierra was the target last TC).  He can't be so naive that he didn't think Sandra and Jeff could figure out that he told Brad about Sierra.  In his position (at the bottom after Malcolm left) he had to be 100% sure.  He should have scrambled more at camp before tribal.  When Sandra told Jeff at TC that JT was staying, it should have raised a red flag but his eyes were glazed over.  I believe he was right in thinking he was safe walking to TC, but after Sandra's blatant comment, he should have thought twice.  But since he didn't bring the idol, it's moot anyway.  Again, JT is dumb.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I still like Debbie more than Sandra.  She's a dumpster fire, but she wears her emotions on her sleeve.  I think everyone knows what they get with Debbie.  Sandra is a snake.. a smart calculating snake.  Want her gone before they merge.  

I like having a snake out there for awhile. I think it's fun to have a personality like hers on the island, and she will more than likely get voted off soon enough. Debbie is mentally unstable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ned said:

And she said Haley took 10mins on the beams and cost them the game while she (Deb) breezed right through them.

What sort of bizarro world does she live in?  She's gotta be certified schizophrenic, right?  

I think the editing has a lot to do with how bizarre she sounded.  It could have taken Hali a lot longer on the first beams than we saw.  They edited it to reflect Debbie struggling but may have not shown us how Hali struggled at first, just to add to the Debbie dumpster fire edit for the show.

We went back and watched that challenge again and noticed they showed JT walking across the first balance beam with the ball, as if he was in the lead.  Then the next shot he was standing back on the original mat waiting for Michaela to dig in the sand for the first ball, as if his tribe was behind.  Was weird.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, simey said:

I like having a snake out there for awhile. I think it's fun to have a personality like hers on the island, and she will more than likely get voted off soon enough. Debbie is mentally unstable.

Sandra is a great player, no question about that.  But it is her same formula she's using that she used in her previous two wins.  I'm not mad at her for playing that way.  I'm mad at everyone else for falling for it!  It's like she casts a spell on the people in her tribe and erases their memory of ever knowing she has won the game in the past.  

I hope it is your guy Jeff that finally ends up stabbing her in the back.  It could be the greatest game changer move that he could make.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Sandra is a great player, no question about that.  But it is her same formula she's using that she used in her previous two wins.  I'm not mad at her for playing that way.  I'm mad at everyone else for falling for it!  It's like she casts a spell on the people in her tribe and erases their memory of ever knowing she has won the game in the past.  

I hope it is your guy Jeff that finally ends up stabbing her in the back.  It could be the greatest game changer move that he could make.  

I don't know that she cast a spell on her tribe. JT is a former winner too, and he can physically win immunity for himself. He backstabbed his tribe last council, and it isn't surprising they went after him. Sandra could see that JT had issues with Micheala so she used that as bait with the sugar. He fell for it. Sandra also spoke the truth in the previous tribal councils, therefore I can see why JT believed what she was saying in the last one. It was the first time she was BSing at tribal. JT got caught in her web. It was awesome. Now that a merge is coming, she will get dethroned soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Sandra is a great player, no question about that.  But it is her same formula she's using that she used in her previous two wins.  I'm not mad at her for playing that way.  I'm mad at everyone else for falling for it!  It's like she casts a spell on the people in her tribe and erases their memory of ever knowing she has won the game in the past.  

I hope it is your guy Jeff that finally ends up stabbing her in the back.  It could be the greatest game changer move that he could make.  

Unlike a real survivor situation where Sandra would not last very long in this game being strong and able to take care of yourself and win challenges is actually a detriment. It always seems the weaker players team up and vote the most capable players off. The stronger you are the bigger target you are.  Culpeppers days are numbered.

 

After what JT did the last council he was an idiot not to play his idol regardless of what anyone told him.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2017 at 9:45 AM, Baloney Sandwich said:

Brad bangs her is the rumor

They didn't show Brad banging her but pretty clear that was the subtext of what we saw last night...a broad (even a crazy one) doesn't lose it that much unless a guy soiled her and cut it off right after. Brad telling her he loved her to calm her down made it quite obvious IMO.

Edited by Baloney Sandwich
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how annoying Sandra's deflection strategy may be she plays it like an art form. Sure there was luck involved in her previous wins but you can't say she isn't a great player of the game. 

Anyone but me. . . . . .

Either Debbie is totally bat #### or the editing was heavily tweaked last night . . . .  . or both :shrug: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

They didn't show Brad banging her but 

Thank God.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2017 at 3:38 PM, Walking Boot said:

For the Survivor fans, is anyone watching MTV's knock-off "Stranded with a Million Dollars"? I've seen two episodes, it's not awful.

It's a little different, there weren't any challenges (other than relocating the camp, and enduring a 'temptation').

Instead, they've dropped 10 millennials on a deserted island. No food, no change of clothes, no gear, no tools, no supplies, as usual. There are no other people there, including show crew: all the footage is supposedly gathered from mounted cameras and remotely operated drones. So, more "real" isolation.

They also have a bag of cash at the camp, with $100,000 in it. Each time they move to the next camp site, if they can get there in under X hours, they get another bag with $100,000 in it. If they don't make the deadline, no cash. Anyone can quit the game at any time (two people quit during a camp relocation rather than be responsible for the rest of the players not making the deadline).

After 40 days, everyone left splits whatever cash they've accumulated.

Once a day, they get to make a phone call to the producers to request supplies out of a catalog they're provided. Prices are, obviously, insane. 1 can of soda=$1000. 1 gallon of water=$3000. 1 pizza=$5000. Backpack=$5000. Two person tent=$30,000. Four person tent= $50,000. Majority rules on what to buy.

There's also a "temptation" offered once every few days. One player is selected to go with a friend to check it out, the first one was food... pass and spend nothing, have some bowls of potato chips and pretzels for $5000, or, stuff yourselves with beer and cheeseburgers for $15000.  The second was clothes... $5000 for each person to get a new shirt, $15000 for both to get full wardrobes-new shoes, shorts, shirts, hats (or, pass and keep the money).

 

Interesting dynamic of players, some who want to keep things difficult to keep the prize money high while forcing everyone else out. Others who need pampering and personal items. Alliances based on the strategies formed early, but, with majority rules on the decisions that didn't go so well early on.

This show is great. :thumbup:  Finally caught up.

Cody is such a polarizing character. I think he would do things much differently if he had it to do over again. Its all about being in the majority.

I dont think Alex has any idea how horrible life is about to get for him. Ill be totally shocked if he or Gina make it to the end. Id love to see Cody and Makani turn on each other once the others are gone.

Im actually enjoying the focus being on the game-play and not showmances. Pretty shocking that MTV is the first network to do this on a reality show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baloney Sandwich said:
On 3/23/2017 at 9:45 AM, Baloney Sandwich said:

Brad bangs her is the rumor

They didn't show Brad banging her but pretty clear that was the subtext of what we saw last night...a broad (even a crazy one) doesn't lose it that much unless a guy soiled her and cut it off right after. Brad telling her he loved her to calm her down made it quite obvious IMO.

:lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EYLive said:

Pouring herself a drink as Jeff read the votes was pretty boss.

Hell yeah it was. She took JT balls deep with that drink. Too bad she didn't have a cigerette as he was caught off guard it seemed. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Don't Toews Me said:

So JT is an idiot.

Debbie is incredibly annoying.

Sandra is fat and useless.

And Michaela has anger management issues. and a fabulous ###

Basically sums up tonight's episode.

fyp

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as much as michaela seems to be a loose cannon, she played her role perfectly at tribal.  no freaking out, no paranoia, let sandra run her mouth, agree and then slit jt's throat.  it was enjoyable.

Edited by DA RAIDERS
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

as much as michaela seems to be a loose cannon, she played her role perfectly at tribal.  no freaking out, no paranoia, let sandra run her mouth, agree and then slit jt's throat.  it was enjoyable.

That's because, thanks to editing it was a given that JT was done, even though they didn't know if he would play the idol.  Her cockiness of her pulling out her water and pouring into the cup and drinking it only ticked me off more about her.  She's not going to last long anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanadianNFLJunkie said:

That's because, thanks to editing it was a given that JT was done, even though they didn't know if he would play the idol.  Her cockiness of her pulling out her water and pouring into the cup and drinking it only ticked me off more about her.  She's not going to last long anyway.

i wasn't referring to the stupid water drinking.  it was the lead up, no freaking out, seemingly resigned to her fate.  aubry was clueless.  it was good game play

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

i wasn't referring to the stupid water drinking.  it was the lead up, no freaking out, seemingly resigned to her fate.  aubry was clueless.  it was good game play

Funny thing is that it even played into what JT was saying he'd do if he felt like he was in danger - he'd keep his mouth shut. He'd only talk trash if he felt safe. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mile High said:

Maybe she did, with editing it's hard to say. One thing is the editors want  everyone to think she is certified schizophrenic with her edit.

She certainly looks a lot less crazy if they show that she really did hers in 2 min after Hallie took 10, and had been saying beforehand that she should go first on the beams instead of Hallie but Brad made the call for her to go second.

Still absolutely crazy, but less. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jhib said:

She certainly looks a lot less crazy if they show that she really did hers in 2 min after Hallie took 10, and had been saying beforehand that she should go first on the beams instead of Hallie but Brad made the call for her to go second.

Still absolutely crazy, but less. 

 

There was an odd bit at the end of her screaming at brad on the beach, she starts laughing hysterically immediately after yelling at him. Seemed staged

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jhib said:

She certainly looks a lot less crazy if they show that she really did hers in 2 min after Hallie took 10, and had been saying beforehand that she should go first on the beams instead of Hallie but Brad made the call for her to go second.

Still absolutely crazy, but less. 

 

All of that doesn't matter, Brad ####ed her and dumped her...I swear it is like I'm watching a different show than the rest of you 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

There was an odd bit at the end of her screaming at brad on the beach, she starts laughing hysterically immediately after yelling at him. Seemed staged

She's :crazy:. The scary kind.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Baloney Sandwich said:

All of that doesn't matter, Brad ####ed her and dumped her...I swear it is like I'm watching a different show than the rest of you 

I believe the scientific term is "hit it and quit it".
BTW, his wife looks like this. Do you really think he would put his dong in Debbie's Saharan Death Trap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.