What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (2 Viewers)

So, Noura is still going to lose her vote at the next tribal council she goes to ... and there is a swap next week.  Will be interesting to see if that backfires on her.

Not sure if this has been stated or not... but, saw an article online today that was discussing the lying that is taking place when people return from their Rob/Sandra visit.. sounds like the show is making them lie.

Tangent: Last week, during Vince’s interview with RHAP’s Rob Cesternino, Rob asked, “Vince, if you wanted to, could you have told the truth about what you saw on the Island of the Idols?”

Vince’s reply was this: “Rob, you’re putting me in a hard-### place. I don’t know if I can answer that.”

With that and other evidence—unnamed players from this season have told previous Survivor contestants that they were instructed to lie—it seems pretty clear to me that the Island of the Idols visitors were told explicitly not to tell anyone, even though that’s not what Jeff Probst says. There’s no reason for Vince to have deferred answering if Island of the Idols visitors really did have the agency that Probst said they have. And forcing them to lie really sucks.

how dumb can she be? instead of all that nonsense she tried to feed the tribe, she could have just waited until they got to the challenge and said "I have a loud voice, I'll do it." I doubt anyone would have challenged her.

what a maroon.
And something tells me she didn't "resign" from her last job as a CPA.

Yeah, terrible move. Tom's value as a "threat" doesn't even compare to the risk of going to even one additional TC by keeping Karishma around. It could be 3-4 more tcs before the merge.  

I can see dumping a younger super threat when the game is down to 13 or 14 players. But dumping a 60 year old (even a former pro athlete) at 16 to drag along a goat was dumb.

At least we only got 1 dose of Rob and Sandra tonight

Yeah, the best part about that episode was the tiny bit of air time for Rob and that other one.  

Although it was pretty interesting to watch Noura fondle herself while walking down the beach with the other two.  

What if the goal is to protect your original tribe?
IMO, this early in the game, the only goal should be to go to TC as few times as possible. Every time you go is A) a chance to be voted out and B) a chance to make enemies by lying about a blind side.

By the time they merge, there's a good chance people will have been with their "new tribe" for just as long as the original tribe.  A lot can happen in 8-10 days. 

The editing has become so predictable.  Whoever is talked about being voted out right after the challenge is totally safe.  When they were talking about Karishma my wife  said.."Well Karishma is not going home"

IMO, this early in the game, the only goal should be to go to TC as few times as possible. Every time you go is A) a chance to be voted out and B) a chance to make enemies by lying about a blind side.

By the time they merge, there's a good chance people will have been with their "new tribe" for just as long as the original tribe.  A lot can happen in 8-10 days. 
Exactly.  I hope they don't merge until 10 players are left, that would be 5 TC's and I hope that tribe loses them all.  

Karishma is a total liability.  Moves that keep players like her around this early are terrible.  Your tribe winning immunity challenges in priority #1.

Seems more and more seasons begin with tribes immediately trying to blindside all the strong challenge type players.  It used to unfold with tribes trying to win challenges and staying strong.  Now it seems if the vote isn't a blindside they feel they aren't doing it right.  Everyone thinks they have to begin a strong resume from day one.  

was flipping through the channels and i stopped on survivor.. havnt watched an episode in years. its survivor edge of extinction and Lauren O'Connell  is hot . i will keep watching until shes voted off

Seems that Krisma is this seasons "drag to the final 3 for zero votes" survivor, meaning her tribe will continue to lose till the merge. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that Krisma is this seasons "drag to the final 3 for zero votes" survivor, meaning her tribe will continue to lose till the merge. :loco:
If her allies are willing to gamble that they have enough tribemates to vote out before the merge, that seems like a good strategy to go to the end without ever having to win an immunity challenge.

Yeah, the best part about that episode was the tiny bit of air time for Rob and that other one.  

Although it was pretty interesting to watch Noura fondle herself while walking down the beach with the other two.  
:lol:     Noticed this too, kinda surprised it actually made the edit.

Seems more and more seasons begin with tribes immediately trying to blindside all the strong challenge type players.  It used to unfold with tribes trying to win challenges and staying strong.  Now it seems if the vote isn't a blindside they feel they aren't doing it right.  Everyone thinks they have to begin a strong resume from day one.  
This baffles me.  These tribes don't seem to realize that the goal is to make it to the end.  If you don't go to TC you cannot be voted off so you stay in longer with the risk of TC.  Getting rid of a "strong" player early only hurts your tribe and puts you at risk by going to TC.  The goal should be to avoid TC by getting rid of players that hurt your team's chances of winning immunity anytime you go to TC before a merge.  You have plenty of time to get people out after the merge.  Any good player usually has a huge target on them as soon as the merge and get voted off as soon as they can. 

It's the same mistake it seems all tribes make these days.  They worry about the end game too early and risk not making it to the end game. 

Not sure he flips or not but why is it Every season someone thinks "if I flip they'll trust me" .. No they won't... You just proved you'll flip as soon as you think it will benefit you.. Why would they trust you to stay loyal? :loco:

So wondering if it would be an entertaining season to have all returning players,  but the all time weakest players.  So all Kharishma types.  Challenges could be pure comedy gold.  Load them up with physical ones and watch them fail.

Cold. Blooded. 

I don't get why Aaron didn't flip, but, it should make for a better run of episodes 
Pretty sure it was all the talk at TC about how they had the numbers, aka when the merge happens, and you should want to join them.. He read it right in that it might look good for now, but he'd be first to go at merge..

The old, too much talking at TC ends your game :bye:

I thought Elaine played that pretty well.  Telling he tribe about the advantage was the right idea.  That right there prevented the the others from flipping.  Announcing the cancel a vote at tribal was a good idea as well.  Good reactions.  The three left on that tribe were so mad, but they were ready to do the same thing to the others on the tribe.

Really liked how they chose the person to go to the Island of the Idols this week.  Decent episode.

I don't get why Aaron didn't flip, but, it should make for a better run of episodes 
Surprising take. I don't get why he would flip... ensuring himself being at the bottom of a 5-2 advantage, making him an easy cut the following week as a proven turncoat-capable, without sacrificing numbers (would still be 4-2 after lopping him). They have zero need for him once they have the numbers.

Surprising take. I don't get why he would flip... ensuring himself being at the bottom of a 5-2 advantage, making him an easy cut the following week as a proven turncoat-capable, without sacrificing numbers (would still be 4-2 after lopping him). They have zero need for him once they have the numbers.
I agree.  If I was in the group of those 4, I would have told Aaron that they were on board with voting Elaine, then all 4 of them should have voted Aaron right there at that tribal.  Get their 4-3 advantage and be done with it.  Once the cancel a vote was revealed, they had to go with the Elaine plan.  They didn't need him, just needed his vote to not be on them.

Interesting read: (I did not read this before I posted above)

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/31/survivor-jason-linden-island-of-the-idols-interview/

There was a lot of whispering going on at Tribal Council after Elaine revealed she was blocking your vote. At one point. Tommy and Dan came over and were whispering to you even though you had no vote to cast. What were they saying?
Well, the actual plan that we had in place was a very complicated plan before we went to Tribal Council. So when the swap happened, Missy and Aaron immediately wanted to flip and threw Elaine’s name out there and threw Elaine under the bus. So she was our first target. And then ultimately was our last target. But in between, our targets were actually Missy and Aaron. So going into the Tribal Council, the plan was to put four of the old Vokai votes on Aaron hoping that Aaron or Missy would flip, and send Aaron home.

So what happened was when Elaine pulled out the block a vote, it signaled to us that, “Okay, they have something, we’re gonna need four true votes. Jason doesn’t have a vote.” So our best plan at that point was to basically gather ourselves, put the votes on Elaine, and then hope Aaron actually was flipping on Elaine. So what they said to me is, “It’s going to be Elaine, it’s going to be Elaine, it’s going to be a Elaine.” And because before that it was not going to be Elaine walking into the Tribal Council and for the days leading up to the Tribal Council either.

So Aaron was the target when you walked into Tribal. Why Aaron?
I mean, now we’re getting into real technicalities. Aaron and Missy wanted Elaine gone so badly and I just, I took a step back and I said, “Why is this? Is there another way?” And I was kind of channeling my inner James Linn from Ghost Island, and thinking: maybe it’s not as easy as this person or that person. And maybe there’s a third option. Maybe this person who they want out is actually beneficial to their game and helpful to them. So the plan was, have them put their votes on Elaine, take one of them out, leave them in the game with a very upset Elaine and Elaine would be our number and then we will have a clear next target. [Aaron and Missy] were both very strategic. We knew that they were very strategic and we didn’t want it to be their move. We wanted it to be our move and also in the process have the next move and a new ally.

So wondering if it would be an entertaining season to have all returning players,  but the all time weakest players.  So all Kharishma types.  Challenges could be pure comedy gold.  Load them up with physical ones and watch them fail.
Lol. I can see Jeff stopping the challenge and saying they’ll finish tomorrow. Imagine last night’s immunity challenge with people who couldn’t shoot the ball high enough. It would never end. 

Lol. I can see Jeff stopping the challenge and saying they’ll finish tomorrow. Imagine last night’s immunity challenge with people who couldn’t shoot the ball high enough. It would never end. 
It would be amazing!  First time they had a 100% returning player season that people would be riveted to watch.  Not only bad with the physical, but the social too?  Mother flipping amazing.  I need to tweet Probst and propose this idea STAT.

I thought Elaine played that pretty well.  Telling he tribe about the advantage was the right idea.  That right there prevented the the others from flipping.  Announcing the cancel a vote at tribal was a good idea as well.  Good reactions.  The three left on that tribe were so mad, but they were ready to do the same thing to the others on the tribe.

Really liked how they chose the person to go to the Island of the Idols this week.  Decent episode.
Agree w/ all.  Been a ho-hum season up until this episode.  Still don't really have anyone to root for but that could come in the next couple episodes maybe.

I know people are human but it’s so funny how hypocritical people can be. That lady who started crying was the one who started all the ruckus to get rid of one of the guys a few weeks ago. Most rational people would acknowledge that they lost fair and square due to the advantage. Pouting and crying makes you look stupid. I was trying to vote you out but how dare you try to do the same thing when the tribe is split 4 to 4. Lol, it’s comical. 

Last night I kept wondering what would happen if they kept missing the fifth basket, but the ball ricocheted into a basket that already had a ball in it. Was someone supposed to climb that thing to fish it out? 
It probably did happen, they just didn't show it.

Agreed.  He just seemed oblivious to this reality and too sure of himself for his own good.

The editing has become so predictable.  Whoever is talked about being voted out right after the challenge is totally safe.  When they were talking about Karishma my wife  said.."Well Karishma is not going home"
Yep same deal this week Elaine. I actually thought about you guys talking about this. I would have been more surprised if she did go home than what actually happened.  

The girl crying at TC was silly.  She went from "we got ya'll to  :sadbanana: :cry:

It's a game and you may get surprised at TC.  Happens every week in this season.  Tip your hat and try to figure a way to get back to having numbers.  And since the other tribe also has numbers that help you (same original tribe in majority?) then you should be trying to win immunity challenges leading up to the merge and not having to go to TC... not blindsiding good challenge players like Aaron.  He'll have a big enough target on his back after the merge.  

just caught up on the last 2 episodes

I didnt realize Aaron was black either,thought middle eastern

kharisma and Noura are 2 of the most annoying players ever. Loved when Jeff said "Kharishma moving slow again" and she yells- No Im not!!

Has anyone played an idol yet or have they all gone home in peoples pockets?

Any idea when the block a vote had to be played? it would be most usefull if you could let a player or 2 from the other alliance vote and then block the next one that gets called to vote

Never liked boston rob as a player but dont mind him as a mentor. Really interested in seeing how his super shelter turns out and if they use it in the future

Pretty meh season so far. at this point Im rooting against people more than I am for anyone. If I had to pick a fav would probably be Elaine

Raging weasel said:
just caught up on the last 2 episodes

I didnt realize Aaron was black either,thought middle eastern

kharisma and Noura are 2 of the most annoying players ever. Loved when Jeff said "Kharishma moving slow again" and she yells- No Im not!!

Has anyone played an idol yet or have they all gone home in peoples pockets?

Any idea when the block a vote had to be played? it would be most usefull if you could let a player or 2 from the other alliance vote and then block the next one that gets called to vote

Never liked boston rob as a player but dont mind him as a mentor. Really interested in seeing how his super shelter turns out and if they use it in the future

Pretty meh season so far. at this point Im rooting against people more than I am for anyone. If I had to pick a fav would probably be Elaine
I don't mind him as a mentor either. But do we really think he is building the super shelter by himself?

Finally finished Australia. It was pretty damn outstanding. I’ll have to dig back and read some of the posts about it, but here are my closing thoughts 

The cast was incredible, particularly  Luke and Harry. Luke was the heart and soul of the season, while Harry was the flawed protagonist we all deserve. And he shoulda coulda won it. But, he had a date with the survivor gods after his sneering takedown of Luke, and they rewarded him with a final 3 challenge that was tailor made for Baden. Who in turn slit big bro Harry’s throat with the same level of professional ease he had just seen. 

The producers tried to make the Luke vote about Pia but it was always about Harry, the whole show was about Harry. For my money, as solid a Survivor/outlaster as we’ve seen here. Loved him, loved Luke - “Good morning Vietnam!” - what a dude. Still, through it all, Pia was a worthy champion. 

Apparently the next season is an all star one.  Of course I’d like to see Luke and Harry back, though I’m afraid they may have had enough Lukey for now, or vice versa. Guessing Daisy would be back.. she looks like a Greek goddess, but she has a pea for a brain, so whatever really. Surfer Ross was great as well in his own right and gone too soon. Not exactly a master mind himself, but he did have a working bull#### meter  

Like I said, all in all a killer cast is what made it, such an array of likable and unlikable, yet just about everyone was relatable. And no gimmicks!  Nicely done, mates. Would steal again.

Finally finished Australia. It was pretty damn outstanding. I’ll have to dig back and read some of the posts about it, but here are my closing thoughts 

The cast was incredible, particularly  Luke and Harry. Luke was the heart and soul of the season, while Harry was the flawed protagonist we all deserve. And he shoulda coulda won it. But, he had a date with the survivor gods after his sneering takedown of Luke, and they rewarded him with a final 3 challenge that was tailor made for Baden. Who in turn slit big bro Harry’s throat with the same level of professional ease he had just seen. 

The producers tried to make the Luke vote about Pia but it was always about Harry, the whole show was about Harry. For my money, as solid a Survivor/outlaster as we’ve seen here. Loved him, loved Luke - “Good morning Vietnam!” - what a dude. Still, through it all, Pia was a worthy champion. 

Apparently the next season is an all star one.  Of course I’d like to see Luke and Harry back, though I’m afraid they may have had enough Lukey for now, or vice versa. Guessing Daisy would be back.. she looks like a Greek goddess, but she has a pea for a brain, so whatever really. Surfer Ross was great as well in his own right and gone too soon. Not exactly a master mind himself, but he did have a working bull#### meter  

Like I said, all in all a killer cast is what made it, such an array of likable and unlikable, yet just about everyone was relatable. And no gimmicks!  Nicely done, mates. Would steal again.

so apparently the cast is out there for all stars.  No Luke.   i think he needed a break that was an emotional season.  I think David, Harry and Daisy and a few others from this season are on it.  Its a good cast for sure.  I think the Australians do an outstanding job casting like you said and also building the characters.  Even people i hated like Harry i kind of loved.  They made me root for and against the same people.  

so apparently the cast is out there for all stars.  No Luke.   i think he needed a break that was an emotional season.  I think David, Harry and Daisy and a few others from this season are on it.  Its a good cast for sure.  I think the Australians do an outstanding job casting like you said and also building the characters.  Even people i hated like Harry i kind of loved.  They made me root for and against the same people.  
Lemme know pls if you have a link for that full cast.. I’m only finding 8 out there. More David.. how exciting for David!  I was hoping he was too rich already

Users who are viewing this thread