What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (2 Viewers)

Tony had a good week but is probably a big target now.

When did Sarah get so arrogant? She played a cool, low key game the season she won.

I think that Natalie should keep the 6 tokens she got from Tony, or maybe give only one to Parvi. Natalie really did all of the work.
I assume they’ll split it. They went together and I think Parvati was the one that mentioned the shelter. She also pulled everyone away. Other than Natalie happening to see it first right where they both were, they did the same so I’d be shocked if they don’t split it.

I think it's now down to Tony and Sarah. They started it last night with highlighting the differences in styles to winning. 
It’s 4-4 now although Michelle was talking to Kim about getting rid of Tony. After last night, Tony, Nick and Jeremy are ride or die so it’s Sarah and maybe Ben? Kim and Denise. I’d have thought Michelle would stay with Jeremy for a bit. Maybe the preview was edited a bit and Michelle was being a bit of a double agent. They did try to make it seem like Tony would be a target in last week’s previews making him look like he was going crazy running around and hiding. That really was just him twice after finding and idol and finding the extortion. Neither was seen by a single person.

Great Episode.  Tony playing a great game.  When will these guys learn to stop splitting the vote.  Just vote Jeremy and be done with it.  These split votes can cause people to flip as they get the numbers..  You can't be afraid of an idol every vote.

Interesting comments in Probst's comments this week

Had Sarah, in fact, gone before Jeremy last week and used her vote steal to take Jeremy’s vote, and Jeremy had then used his Safety Without Power advantage — which means he lost his vote — what would have happened? Since Sarah had used hers first and now possessed his vote, would that vote still have been live, or would his advantage then have made that second vote of Sarah’s null and void?

It's a great question, I am so glad you asked. In the case of advantages being played at Tribal, it does not matter who goes first. So if Sarah had gone first and stolen Jeremy’s vote, and then Jeremy used his Safety Without Power and left Tribal, I would have gone back to Sarah and said, “Well, you can’t steal Jeremy’s vote, so now whose vote do you want to steal?”

Can we please spoiler-tag discussion of the next week previews? Love discussing in here but would really prefer not to read about the preview. 

Really liking the Australian version, almost done with season 1 from 2016
My favorite Survivor was on the Australian version. Luke definitely made it enjoyable to watch. Also the season Russell Hantz was on was pretty good. I think that was the first season Luke was on as well.

My favorite Survivor was on the Australian version. Luke definitely made it enjoyable to watch. Also the season Russell Hantz was on was pretty good. I think that was the first season Luke was on as well.
Russel's season was Luke's second appearance on the show. He was on the Champion tribe because he played well and was well liked by everyone the first time he was on.

same 

that said, my wife was offended/angry by her comments. people see things differently, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that she was joking. 
If she was around other people I would have thought she was joking but she was talking to the camera, wanting the audience to know about her life outside of being a cop.  She even hesitated for moment wondering if she was saying something stupid before tacking on another compliment to herself.

If she was joking it went completely past me and I take back what I said.

If she was around other people I would have thought she was joking but she was talking to the camera, wanting the audience to know about her life outside of being a cop.  She even hesitated for moment wondering if she was saying something stupid before tacking on another compliment to herself.

If she was joking it went completely past me and I take back what I said.
I didn't detect any sarcasm or self deprecation in her comments there. Another friend of mine said the same thing.

I guess the audience was split.  I totally thought she was just joking around.  I thought the pause added to the joking around and not that she was being serious.  

Without really knowing her sense of humor we are all just guessing but I thought it was a joke.
Yep and I think the fact that some people who were offended or didn’t like the comments were surprised it lends more credence to her joking. We haven’t seen her be obnoxious or pretentious before and no one has ever said anything bad about her. I definitely think she was hamming it up for the camera and her fashion show.

About 75% of the way through season 1 of Survivor: Australia and the players skill level makes it feel like about season 8-9 of the original series with sprinkles of season 25-26 thrown in. 

Some players have a decent grasp of the concept and some of those already eliminated had zero clue. 

Enjoying the season but not a fan of some of "twists" they have thrown at the contestants at tribal council. 

stbugs said:
Yep and I think the fact that some people who were offended or didn’t like the comments were surprised it lends more credence to her joking. We haven’t seen her be obnoxious or pretentious before and no one has ever said anything bad about her. I definitely think she was hamming it up for the camera and her fashion show.
I agree. But I can see how other people were annoyed by it because it was out of character for her. It's something Tyson would say and we'd all laugh because we expect that from him.

About 75% of the way through season 1 of Survivor: Australia and the players skill level makes it feel like about season 8-9 of the original series with sprinkles of season 25-26 thrown in. 

Some players have a decent grasp of the concept and some of those already eliminated had zero clue. 

Enjoying the season but not a fan of some of "twists" they have thrown at the contestants at tribal council. 
I don't mind the TC twists as long as they were planned for that night. If they add that wrinkle to jerk with the current narrative then that's a cheap tactic for ratings.

I'm on the later half of season 4 and Jonathan's post tribal quips are getting a bit irritating.

stbugs said:
You guys could be totally right. I think I still have it on my DVR, so I'll have to watch again with your comments in mind.

Her practically yelling at Tony in the preview for next week also made me think that she was not as cool and low key as her last season.

You guys could be totally right. I think I still have it on my DVR, so I'll have to watch again with your comments in mind.

Her practically yelling at Tony in the preview for next week also made me think that she was not as cool and low key as her last season.
Well one was prepping for a goofy fashion show to liven the mood and the other was her getting mad that Tony truly blew up her chance for $2M. If I was Tony and Sophie’s ally since the beginning I would have blown up on that move as well even if I was downing Margaritas on the beach before Tribal. She did have a legit beef for that blindside.

Yeah, I think it's always funny when people complain "you just blew up my game".  Would love for someone to reply "Oh, I'm sorry.  Was I just supposed to make this easy for you to win?"

Well one was prepping for a goofy fashion show to liven the mood and the other was her getting mad that Tony truly blew up her chance for $2M. If I was Tony and Sophie’s ally since the beginning I would have blown up on that move as well even if I was downing Margaritas on the beach before Tribal. She did have a legit beef for that blindside.
no, she really doesn't

no, she really doesn't
Why not? I’m not saying you can’t blindside but why couldn’t she be mad at Tony? Being mad doesn’t mean Tony was wrong or can’t do it, but it’s a legit reaction because she’s right that move really hurt her. If he’s coming back to try and tell her why it’s good for her then she’s got every right to be pissed.

Disagree that tony played a great game.  He’s reminded everyone that he is not trustworthy and his best shot now is to align with Jeremy, Michelle, Kim, Denise, Adam (is that his name) - and he’s in the minority of his own team and only gets him through another tribal or two.

that groups best plan is to turn on tony after one more tribal.

When did Sarah get so arrogant? She played a cool, low key game the season she won.

I think that Natalie should keep the 6 tokens she got from Tony, or maybe give only one to Parvi. Natalie really did all of the work.
Agreed. ParV did nothing but latch on.

Sarah actually has very similar humor to Tyson. Very dry. The problem is that her delivery is flat and terrible and you can never really tell if she’s joking.
Agreed.

I went back and watched it again and still couldn't tell for sure if she was joking. But with her delivery, I could see why it's being taken both ways.

Agreed. ParV did nothing but latch on.
Natalie found it with Parvati, it would be difficult to leave it there and then get back to it alone.  Also good luck on getting everyone away from the camp to look at it by yourself.  Natalie was the driver but the way it unfolded you pretty much have to split it, although I'm not even sure why keeping tokens secret is that a big deal on the edge.

Disagree that tony played a great game.  He’s reminded everyone that he is not trustworthy and his best shot now is to align with Jeremy, Michelle, Kim, Denise, Adam (is that his name) - and he’s in the minority of his own team and only gets him through another tribal or two.

that groups best plan is to turn on tony after one more tribal.
I’m far from a survivor superfan but in my mind Tony might be the best player I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing the stuff he does. Hiding in the brush to hear what others are saying to make moves. and he gets others to vote with him and blindside. He’s also good at finding idols and decent on challenges. 

"everyone thinks I am smart and strong and pretty" and then goes to say those are not her best qualities.

Jesus that came off terrible to me as well.
You guys dense? She was being funny, she's been showcased as having that type of humor a couple times this season and I think it makes her very likable. I was laughing with her

Edit: I see as I read further that this is a big disagreement happening. I think it's extremely clear she was joking, it was the lead-in to her silly Survivor fashion show bit

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night’s was the first one I liked. Just randomly giving advantages messes with the game in a hidden way that no one else could possibly know. This one required other people to know and if Tony doesn’t get the 6, everyone knows when he sits out the immunity challenge and can’t vote. It would have caused an interesting scramble. I like that it would have been more out in the open and not a gain by a player for doing nothing.
And unlike the previous ones, it didn't allow the Extinction player to curry favor with someone still in the main game while getting their tokens. It's bad enough they can further bond with the others on Extinction without having to backstab anyone there.  At least this time they had to potentially cause resentment instead.  I agree with those saying that it's still too much power, but I at least like this one better than the previous ones.

Sarah actually has very similar humor to Tyson. Very dry. The problem is that her delivery is flat and terrible and you can never really tell if she’s joking.
I agree that they have similar senses of humor, but I think her delivery and the fact that it's harder to tell when she's joking actually makes Sarah even funnier.  

And yes, she was totally kidding.  It's in her voice and the way she bobs her head side to side as she's saying it.

Jeremy is flipin lucky.. Even Tony wasn't 100% if he had the votes.. Think they are once again dragging out extinction Island too long.. It is bad enough they get a second chance, but the longer they go without needing to back stab/ play the game the worst this gets :thumbdown:  

Boston Blob:  "Tony is a boss"

Can't believe they had the fortitude to not play either.  Not sure why Michelle would give him the idol rather than just change the vote.  Another crazy tribal.
Boston Blob: "I'm in good shape...."

I think she gave it to him yet still wrote his name down so she can say she's with the alliance and not J

So now will every single TC have the running around and whispering confusion?  Getting old imo.  Guy on the outs going forward just stand up and start whispering in ears.  Might create enough paranoia to save yourself.  Might also cause strong alliances to just stand up and say "Bob is going home tonight, everybody good still?"  Just take any remaining drama right out of the vote.  Game is evolving and producers might need to look at it.  

And once the votes are collected and Jeff asks the question "if anyone has an HII now's the time to play it", there is no way they should allow further talking among alliances.  Tony said "I'm going to play my idol for Sarah" and then she says no don't.  That's really shady imo.  Jeff should have forced Tony to hand over his idol and votes for Sarah shouldn't have counted.  Didn't he even ask someone who they voted for?  

Michelle should demand her coin flip advantage back from Jeremy.  Guess he figures he'll hang on to it for next time.  I didn't care for the whole TC last night.  

Nick stepping down from a challenge for a cookie.  Jeez louize.  Lost respect for Nick and Jeremy last night.  

Sophia and Nat are beasts out on EoE.  

Rob hurt is elbow and it caused him to not finish in the top 6?  Rub some sand on it and let's go.  I thought he turned his ankle when he fell.  That would be different.  

I assume the producers/cameraman was counting as they brought their coconuts to the pile?  They didn't have their own piles.  I guess they could trust them not to cut corners... 

Ben is annoying.  He clams up when things don't go his way and jumps like a ballerina when something good happens. 

He should reaffirm Tony that all is okay when they get back from TC, even though Tony back-stabbed him again.  Keep Tony happy then double cross him.  But he won't.  He'll sulk around camp.

Tony is getting the edit it seems and he's killing it right now.  Amazing how he can talk these people into changing at the last second.  The jury has seen it all too and if he's final 3, he wins imo.  Sarah and the others really need to do something to bump up their game.  

Quitting a challenge to eat a cookie is not going to cut it.  

Technically, none of those folks should have been allowed to eat any cookies. Probst clearly said that they had to stop eating when the challenge was over. Pretty sure nobody had actually made it to the tray before Tony and Denise were the last 2 standing.  At that point "the challenge is over".

Ben is annoying.  He clams up when things don't go his way and jumps like a ballerina when something good happens. 

He should reaffirm Tony that all is okay when they get back from TC, even though Tony back-stabbed him again.  Keep Tony happy then double cross him.  But he won't.  He'll sulk around camp.

Tony is getting the edit it seems and he's killing it right now.  Amazing how he can talk these people into changing at the last second.  The jury has seen it all too and if he's final 3, he wins imo.  Sarah and the others really need to do something to bump up their game.  

Quitting a challenge to eat a cookie is not going to cut it.  
:no:  on the bold..

Tony told Ben they were NOT voting Jeremy and that he needed vote against Kim.. Ben refused and apparently still voted Jeremy, so that is on him, not Tony. 

Technically, none of those folks should have been allowed to eat any cookies. Probst clearly said that they had to stop eating when the challenge was over. Pretty sure nobody had actually made it to the tray before Tony and Denise were the last 2 standing.  At that point "the challenge is over".
I was thinking the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread