Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 40 (Winners at War): Starts Wednesday Feb. 12, 2020

Posted (edited)

Australian survivor - i just finished episode 22...

Man another great season.  Down to the final 4.  Surprised david didnt put his vote on Sharn.  I think this may come back to bite him.  Although that does put Tarzan on Jury which means he has someone to make his case and a guaranteed vote. 

Edited by PinkydaPimp

This isn't in reference to the Australian Survivor spoiler tags above, good on you guys...

But from the last page, can we not do the spoiler tags for this current season of American Survivor, if people know things? Even things as simple as the structure of Edge of Extinction returnees etc. Some aren't going to be able to resist reading the spoilers and then oh so mysteriously a bunch of people share the same theory or idea bc they can't help it shifting their mindset, even if they don't give up the spoiler outright. 

This has to be the one thread where no one wants spoilers, right? I know it's always been said that All-Star seasons have the most info out there. 

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This isn't in reference to the Australian Survivor spoiler tags above, good on you guys...

But from the last page, can we not do the spoiler tags for this current season of American Survivor, if people know things? Even things as simple as the structure of Edge of Extinction returnees etc. Some aren't going to be able to resist reading the spoilers and then oh so mysteriously a bunch of people share the same theory or idea bc they can't help it shifting their mindset, even if they don't give up the spoiler outright. 

This has to be the one thread where no one wants spoilers, right? I know it's always been said that All-Star seasons have the most info out there. 

We’re there posts without spoiler tags?  I feel like it’s ok so long as they are hidden.  I don’t go to the other thread for fear of seeing a spoiler in tagged.

13 minutes ago, bro1ncos said:

Explains where Rob hid his fire tokens during Extinction Island search:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/survivor-40-winners-at-war-boston-rob-mariano-fire-tokens.html/

Why was it such a big deal to hide that he had found them? Other than to be a d*** and make other people keep looking? 

It's not like the other people could steal them, or vote him off for having them, so why hide it?

3 minutes ago, nysfl2 said:

Why was it such a big deal to hide that he had found them? Other than to be a d*** and make other people keep looking? 

It's not like the other people could steal them, or vote him off for having them, so why hide it?

Concealing things like this is often a key part of strategy/gameplay.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nysfl2 said:

Information is power. 

What's the easiest way to stream Survivor Australia?  I've never seen any of them, so I'd prefer to start with season 1 if possible.

Tyson: "I immediately find a fire token...because I am...amazing" :lmao: 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PlayaHata said:

What's the easiest way to stream Survivor Australia?  I've never seen any of them, so I'd prefer to start with season 1 if possible.

I was using cinema or cat mouse but been having trouble with those. So now using kodi exodus redux addon

4 hours ago, rustycolts said:

I was using cinema or cat mouse but been having trouble with those. So now using kodi exodus redux addon

Does this require updating kodi?  I haven’t used it in probably a year. Couldn’t stand all the updating. Lolz. Is there another way to watch it?

On 3/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, leftcoastguy7 said:

37 now with a kid.

still pretty, pretty good. 

What amazes me is not her age nor that she is a mom but that she gave birth just 10 months before filming started.  Her body recovered incredibly fast.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PlayaHata said:

So i download them.  But i believe if you have Kodi you can find it on there.

It also looks like you can sign up on their website and watch them now.  I know they previously blocked them outside of Australia.  https://10play.com.au/australian-survivor

And def start from season 1. 

34 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

It also looks like you can sign up on their website and watch them now.  I know they previously blocked them outside of Australia.  https://10play.com.au/australian-survivor

Which season was Russell Hantz on?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, In The Zone said:

Which season was Russell Hantz on?

Season 2 or it could be listed as 4

Edited by rustycolts
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

Season 2 or it could be listed as 4

Yea champions vs contenders was the season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Does this require updating kodi?  I haven’t used it in probably a year. Couldn’t stand all the updating. Lolz. Is there another way to watch it?

I have been watching the current season on cat mouse. It seems both Cinema and catmouse are having problems getting links now so I went back to Kodi. Slow and clunkier as hell but at least it works.

2 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

I am getting an error saying that I can't watch australian survivor in my region. Any help? I put in post code for Brisbane. 

2 hours ago, bro1ncos said:

I am getting an error saying that I can't watch australian survivor in my region. Any help? I put in post code for Brisbane. 

Me too.  I guess I'm going to try Kodi on my Windows PC with screen mirroring to my Roku.

15 minutes ago, PlayaHata said:

Me too.  I guess I'm going to try Kodi on my Windows PC with screen mirroring to my Roku.

Is there an ELI5 explanation of how to use Kodi anywhere?  I've got Kodi installed on my Windows PC along with the Exodus Redux addon.  I search for Australian Survivor and I find the episode links, but I click on them and it acts like it's downloading or something, but nothing ever plays.  What am I doing wrong?

2 hours ago, bro1ncos said:

43 minutes ago, PlayaHata said:

tried using a VPN and routing through australia?  PIA is a good one.

I dont know for certain if this will work however.  I know it didnt when i checked a year or two ago. 

Figured out an alternate way to do this with my Roku that is quite simple.  The web site Dailymotion has all of the episodes available for streaming.  Search for "Australian survivor season 1 dailymotion" or similar and you should find what you're looking for.  I verified that our Roku was setup for Screen Mirroring, then I used my Windows 10 laptop to connect to a wireless display and set my Roku as the wireless display.  Watching the first episode on our TV now.  Hope this helps!

• Like 2

:thumbup: We're working through the most recent AU season.  I got it all off torrent though.

I watched all of a New Zealand season a couple weeks ago, first weekend of quarantine, it was OK.  Somebody mentioned the host in here recently.. he cracks me up but I can't express why without being inappropriate, basically he comes off as the r-word 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JZilla said:

:thumbup: We're working through the most recent AU season.  I got it all off torrent though.

Its so good.  Finale is Monday(tonight in Australia) so be careful on social media. 

I used to watch from Dailymotion but they've been cracking down on channels that host the series so the videos may disappear tomorrow.

Now I watch through 10play with a VPN. 👍

17 minutes ago, PlayaHata said:

Figured out an alternate way to do this with my Roku that is quite simple.  The web site Dailymotion has all of the episodes available for streaming.  Search for "Australian survivor season 1 dailymotion" or similar and you should find what you're looking for.  I verified that our Roku was setup for Screen Mirroring, then I used my Windows 10 laptop to connect to a wireless display and set my Roku as the wireless display.  Watching the first episode on our TV now.  Hope this helps!

Up till last year, there was  Dailymotion app right on Roku so you did not need to even mirror.  Sadly it shut down.

7 minutes ago, JZilla said:

I watched all of a New Zealand season a couple weeks ago, first weekend of quarantine, it was OK.  Somebody mentioned the host in here recently.. he cracks me up but I can't express why without being inappropriate, basically he comes off as the r-word 

Yeah, he tries too hard to be clever, but he comes across as a jackass and I bailed midway through the first episode.

38 minutes ago, EYLive said:

I used to watch from Dailymotion but they've been cracking down on channels that host the series so the videos may disappear tomorrow.

Now I watch through 10play with a VPN. 👍

oh so it does work via vpn? 

11 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

oh so it does work via vpn? 

Yep. I have a Chrome extension called SetupVPN, that lets me select an Australian IP address, and awaaaay we go. And if you also have an adblocker, it's as good a viewing experience as you can get on a PC.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 7:56 AM, Plaid Boxer said:

Where exactly did Rob hide those 3 fire tokens during the strip searches? Did something go over my head?

Everyone knows he's got big balllllssssssss

On 3/26/2020 at 10:18 AM, Cjw_55106 said:

Adam is the biggest weenie out there. I honestly cant stand that guy. 

Agree. Really had no business winning his season. 

• Like 1

HATE that those on the island will get yet another chance to get in the game.  :thumbdown:

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, snogger said:

HATE that those on the island will get yet another chance to get in the game.  :thumbdown:

Yeah was hoping for one and done.  Gives someone an opportunity like the other dude who was only in the real game a few days (can't remember his name).

• Like 1

When Adam said it's either him or Wendell, I immediately said "Goodbye Nick".  Glad I was wrong :)

Yeah I wish extinction was one and done, especially this year since Amber is basically a fire token farmer for Rob. Thats a huge advantage

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

Yeah I wish extinction was one and done, especially this year since Amber is basically a fire token farmer for Rob. Thats a huge advantage

:goodposting: I was really rooting against Rob after Amber gave him her tokens, LAME :thumbdown:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

It's ridiculous.  They had twice the chance of winning the game from the beginning as anyone else and then they get to combine tokens to get a greater advantage.

So glad he lost.  Really wish they were one and done.   This shows again why his win is a joke.  He's a challenge beast when he is playing against a bunch of first timers, now, not so much.

What happened to Probst's disdain for those who quit the game?  Sandra was even mentioned by him.  She couldn't even stay for a few days.  

Please do not let anyone on the current jury win the game.  It's a joke.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Ex-stink-tion just taints the whole game now

Rob is a pathetic loser.  Probst is a shameless suckup.

Lets examine why the old schoolers all got booted.. lets see Sandra booted Ambah, Tyson and herself.  Danni is an idiot and her old schooler alliance turned on her, then got themselves picked off mostly by Rob playing sloppy/bully-style.

Anyway.  Even with inferior personalities AUS is a better watch

Loved the 3+3 Exile twist

Edited by JZilla
  • Like 1

Boston Blob misses by inches of getting back in :D:lmao:

He went from amazingly arrogant back to whiny in those few seconds.:clap:

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

That editing to make it look super close between rob and Tyson was so fake lol 

• Like 1

I wonder why Tyson wasn't even mentioned around camp as a potential vote off candidate??
(esp after everyone saw his challenge to get back in)

Did he have a 1x exemption?

2 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

That editing to make it look super close between rob and Tyson was so fake lol 

Why do you say that? When they showed Tyson's board, you could see Rob was pretty even in the background. This was before the back and fourth footage. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nemesis said:

I wonder why Tyson wasn't even mentioned around camp as a potential vote off candidate??
(esp after everyone saw his challenge to get back in)

Did he have a 1x exemption?

He did not have an exemption. Like Tony indicated, dynamics change, especially given that they merged. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo said:

Boston Blob misses by inches of getting back in :D:lmao:

He went from amazingly arrogant back to whiny in those few seconds.:clap:

They should make Rob do every challenge shirtless just for the lolz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZdw9-HmYuk

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Why do you say that? When they showed Tyson's board, you could see Rob was pretty even in the background. This was before the back and fourth footage. 

the lame back and forth shot of only a ball going up and zero wide angle shots, and rob sure didn't act like he lost by a millisecond.  Whatever doesn't matter cuz Rob lost and that's all that matters haha

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

He did not have an exemption. Like Tony indicated, dynamics change, especially given that they merged. 

Also Sandra's gone and Tyson was her target mostly IIRC

Occurs to me, generally speaking the old schoolers played sloppy, especially Sandra and Rob by disrespecting their opponents.. maybe coming off a season where they're tutoring a bunch of noobs put them in that mindset?

Still Rob could win thanks to extinction, which is awful

Every time they do the pole-grip challenge (and several others like it or that also include high structures), I worry for the contestants a bit. It's like the producers have never considered the risk that someone might fall awkwardly off the top of the thing. Already once in Survivor Australia a structure collapsed under the weight of a contestant and he fell through and broke his ankle. I'm sure some season, something worse will happen. I know it doesn't--because it'd make the news before the premiere if a guy died in a challenge--but, some year, it is going to happen. They're going to kill someone in a fall, and they're being stupid about it.

That said, Adam is a whiny b#### and I'm sick of him.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Every time they do the pole-grip challenge (and several others like it or that also include high structures), I worry for the contestants a bit. It's like the producers have never considered the risk that someone might fall awkwardly off the top of the thing. Already once in Survivor Australia a structure collapsed under the weight of a contestant and he fell through and broke his ankle. I'm sure some season, something worse will happen. I know it doesn't--because it'd make the news before the premiere if a guy died in a challenge--but, some year, it is going to happen. They're going to kill someone in a fall, and they're being stupid about it.

Yeah, that definitely was too high for them to be guaranteed to fall safely. They should just do that challenge in the water if its an option

Edited by TLEF316
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

I can't remember his season very well.  Can't believe he swept the jury vote.  I do remember Hannah but not the Ken guy he beat out

I was stoned a lot that year

Edited by JZilla