What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (6 Viewers)

My one hope lies in the fact that in the media run-up to the season airing, Jeff said that he thinks Survivor fans will be happy with the outcome of the season. imo this means a deserving non-EoE winner, because I have to believe that Jeff knows his own fanbase enough after two decades to know that nobody would be happy with a winner who was at any time voted out of the game. Especially not with this historic group of Winners.
More meaningful to me is that Parvati said the same thing during red-carpet interviews at the premiere party they had. Jeff has misinterpreted for many years now what the fans (the ones who are hardcore enough to discuss it online, anyway) would like. 

Moves without risks are cheapened.
I agree with this. As much as they are lining up Natalie, someone like Ozzie or Joe would be great on EoE. Problem is we’ve seen multiple times that they can’t win the actual game. Natalie was able to get over 10 fire tokens with the bribing advantages. That would have taken 6 straight immunity challenges in the real game. Her advantages have been pretty cheap IMHO. She got 1 fire token for the coconut challenge. She got 8 from Nick. Her advantages in the challenge and immunity idol are a bit cheaper knowing how many advantages she’s gotten for finding one box because she knew where to find a box because she was voted off first. Wendell has no idea because he hadn’t been there as long. She’s done great on EoE but her advantages have been way off scale.

So how are they doing the winner reveal? No live audience obviously. I guess they'll do it like the NFL draft, with players in their homes?

So how are they doing the winner reveal? No live audience obviously. I guess they'll do it like the NFL draft, with players in their homes?
That is what I assume.. I read an interview with Probst and he mentioned the Finale episode being almost 3 hours.. Guessing since to live reunion they decided to add extended scenes.. :oldunsure:  

That is what I assume.. I read an interview with Probst and he mentioned the Finale episode being almost 3 hours.. Guessing since to live reunion they decided to add extended scenes.. :oldunsure:  
my DVR says 3 hour episode on Wednesday 

we assumed 1 hour reunion show, but  :shrug:  

Australian survivor ended right after they locked down.  they had an empty audience and some people joined remotely.  My guess is it will be something like that.  Maybe everyone joins remote?  If they have been home then probably not a great idea to bring them all together.

The last few "reunion" shows have been 30-40 minutes only of the two hours they did... I believe it was two but may have been three hours as well. CBS kind of screwed up in all of this. Without sports and a Survivor following, they could have made each episode 90 minutes long or maybe even 120 minutes, and people would watch. CBS could have milked this seasons shows a bit since people are at home and so on. I don't think Survivor will be on tv next season either.

Seems, based on this article, it is a "3 hour Finale episode" with a virtual reveal..,: https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/survivor-40-finale-virtual-reunion-jeff-probst/  

But now this season of “Survivor” will go down in history by presenting the first virtual reunion of all the players that will follow the taped finale episode — an event that will last three hours
:popcorn:  

Wait, the finale is this week? That’s a lot to wrap up. EoE challenge and then 6 people left, i.e. 3 immunities and 3 tribals.

Wait, the finale is this week? That’s a lot to wrap up. EoE challenge and then 6 people left, i.e. 3 immunities and 3 tribals.
I think last season was the same.. Ended up going over 2 hours and 15 minutes I believe before the reveal and shortened Reunion.
My guess..

With no live reunion, they can fill almost the entire 3 hours with the "show" and leave the last 15 minutes to do a quick recap, real and interview with the winner. :shrug:  

I think last season was the same.. Ended up going over 2 hours and 15 minutes I believe before the reveal and shortened Reunion.
My guess..

With no live reunion, they can fill almost the entire 3 hours with the "show" and leave the last 15 minutes to do a quick recap, real and interview with the winner. :shrug:  
Thanks. Seems like the ending may suck (suspense/surprise-wise) and they want to make it non stop stuff. They’ll still have some sort of reunion and reading of the votes so still maybe 2 hours or a little more to pack in 4 challenges, 3 tribals and camp life. Seems like strategy won’t be as big TV time-wise. 

Tony winning this thing?
He should win if he makes it to the end.  It shocks me that the other players don't see that but I guess if you thought you were dictating the game then you might think it doesn't matter.....although you should at least think he is the biggest threat to you.

ETA:  Now is the time that you need to take out threats.  Not on day 3 to weaken your tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:
And she is choking on them
Ridiculous that they gave her that many advantages in one challenge. She did so badly and still needed Wendell, who had nothing, to goof on his second ball. All because she got one thing that got her 8 fire tokens right before the challenge. I really hope she doesn’t win because it would be awful.

And she is choking on them
Ridiculous that they gave her that many advantages in one challenge. She did so badly and still needed Wendell, who had nothing, to goof on his second ball. All because she got one thing that got her 8 fire tokens right before the challenge. I really hope she doesn’t win because it would be awful.
Absolutely.  Should not be able to stack advantages, just like they weren't allowed to stack immunity idols going back in.

Absolutely.  Should not be able to stack advantages, just like they weren't allowed to stack immunity idols going back in.
If she didn’t have all three she doesn’t win. That’s what makes it sad. Winning a huge challenge like that even though she legitimately did terrible.

Pretty lucky that it was a puzzle she'd already done (and won) but it's not like she did it a week ago. Nice work
That had to have been one of the easiest puzzles I can recall that stumped everyone but her. Put the 6 biggest pieces up next to each other in order, then go from there. It's like stacking poker chips to make 6 even stacks. Michelle knew how to do it and approach without doing it dumb and kicked ###.

No Sarah!  You can't say stuff like that because you end up going home!  I bet Tony gets Ben to vote Denise to force the tie.

No Sarah!  You can't say stuff like that because you end up going home!  I bet Tony gets Ben to vote Denise to force the tie.
Sarah is an idiot this season. Yes, Tony is erratic, but if you want your final 3 to be you, Tony and Ben, why does it matter if you vote Denis off now? You can't vote Michelle and Natalie is going to play an idol this tribal if she has it. Then, next tribal you vote off Natalie or Michelle. It's a no lose situation unless you refuse to vote Denis and Natalie does have an idol. You just watched her have 3 advantages in the challenge and Tyson came back into the game with an idol (can't recall if everyone knew). Crazy to be so sure that Natalie couldn't have an idol.

Snore. Sarah really trying to buy jury votes already. Ben and Tony play their idols and she's going home. Dear lord, this finale sucks.

Why did they have to put Harvey Weinstein on the last season? We have to sit through this because of that #####-bag.

I'm not sure why Tony wouldn't have voted for Denise anyway on the initial vote.  That was a misplay on his part.

Why would Michelle and Natalie vote for Denise? Amazing to me how bad these players are sometimes. You have to go for the tie and hope Denise wins the fire challenge. They aren't breaking up Tony, Ben and Sarah. They could potentially get Denise to think she could beat them over trying to beat Tony. Oh well, Tony should win anyway and even for all of her speech giving, Tony should be able to use voting for Denise as an example of why he's a better player. He came up with a scenario that the other two couldn't fathom and if they listened to him they have 2 idols left and can easily pick off Natalie or Michelle next.

I'm not sure why Tony wouldn't have voted for Denise anyway on the initial vote.  That was a misplay on his part.
He wasn't doing it to make sure Denise went home, he needed all 3 of them to vote Denise so that they still have their idols left. Denise went home anyway, just saved their idols. Now Natalie found the HII and they are in trouble.

And now Natalie finds an idol. 

Obviously she earned this one, but this is just stupid
And she found it because they had to play their two idols instead of making the smart, easy play of vote Denise and know that if Natalie has one she'll have to play it. There is no idol back in the game if the three of them vote Denise. So pissed that they are setting it up for Natalie to win when Tony has been by far the best player of the folks left.

He wasn't doing it to make sure Denise went home, he needed all 3 of them to vote Denise so that they still have their idols left. Denise went home anyway, just saved their idols. Now Natalie found the HII and they are in trouble.
No, the plan was for him and Ben to vote Denise, and Sarah and Denise to vote Nat to force the tie 2-2-2.  They wouldn't go along, but he could have thrown his vote on Denise even without them, and that would have sent Denise home.

And now Natalie finds an idol. 

Obviously she earned this one, but this is just stupid
Yea.. If Natalie wins this, the season goes from one of the best, to one of the worst real quick... :angry: Might explain Jeff's "cryptic" post a few weeks ago that edge won't be returning any time soon. 

Yea.. If Natalie wins this, the season goes from one if the best, to one if the worst real quick... :angry: Might explain Jeff's "cryptic" post a few weeks ago that edge won't be returning any time soon. 
I respect the crap out of Natalie.   When you talk about tough players in Survivor she is at the top. Sandra at the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread