What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (4 Viewers)

https://ew.com/tv/cbs-reality-series-casting-representation/

:thumbup:

CBS pledges Survivor, Big Brother casts will now be 50 percent people of color

Following criticism from past contestants, shows like Survivor, Big Brother, and Love Island will include at least 50 percent people of color in their casts moving forward.

"The reality TV genre is an area that’s especially underrepresented, and needs to be more inclusive across development, casting, production and all phases of storytelling," said George Cheeks, president and chief executive officer for the CBS Entertainment Group. "As we strive to improve all of these creative aspects, the commitments announced today are important first steps in sourcing new voices to create content and further expanding the diversity in our unscripted programming, as well as on our network."

The move follows several Survivor contestants speaking out about the lack of diversity in the long-running show's cast.

Over the summer, contestants including Sean Rector (season 4, Survivor: Marquesas) and Jolanda Jones (season 10, Survivor: Palau) formed a group called The Black Survivor Alliance with the goal of "bringing light to our collective experience with implicit bias and racism on and off the show" and had a series of meetings with CBS executives and host and executive producer Jeff Probst about the show being more equitable and inclusive. The BSA was one of two groups of former Black contestants to hold meetings with the network and producers.

Gervase Peterson who was on the first season of Survivor and from my home city of Philadelphia is in a movie called Stealing a Survivor which was basically filmed in DELCO my County. They also filmed scenes at the local Barnaby's (Restaurant) which is 5 mins down my street and Eagles Center and Philly folk hero Jason Kelce who lives 10 mins from me is also in the movie. Martin the director lives in my Hometown currently and saw him post about the movie which is out on Amazon Prime in our community page a few weeks ago. You can buy or rent the Movie on Amazon prime. It's only like 2.99 to rent. I haven't seen it yet and it looks pretty corny but will check it out to support someone local 

Gervase Peterson who was on the first season of Survivor and from my home city of Philadelphia is in a movie called Stealing a Survivor which was basically filmed in DELCO my County. They also filmed scenes at the local Barnaby's (Restaurant) which is 5 mins down my street and Eagles Center and Philly folk hero Jason Kelce who lives 10 mins from me is also in the movie. Martin the director lives in my Hometown currently and saw him post about the movie which is out on Amazon Prime in our community page a few weeks ago. You can buy or rent the Movie on Amazon prime. It's only like 2.99 to rent. I haven't seen it yet and it looks pretty corny but will check it out to support someone local 
I've been meaning to check this out, thanks for the reminder. 

Can’t wait!!!  I think Aussie survivor starts soon if I’m not mistaken

Filming or airing?

It seems Survivor South Africa starts airing on 6/3. I don't think the next season of Australian Survivor has started filming yet. They don't expect to air a new season of Australian Survivor until the fourth quarter of this year.

Survivor South Africa: Immunity Island has 20 contestants and was filmed late in 2020 in the Wild Coast region of the Eastern Cape of South Africa. 

It seems Survivor South Africa starts airing on 6/3. I don't think the next season of Australian Survivor has started filming yet. They don't expect to air a new season of Australian Survivor until the fourth quarter of this year.

Survivor South Africa: Immunity Island has 20 contestants and was filmed late in 2020 in the Wild Coast region of the Eastern Cape of South Africa. 
Welp South Africa it is!

Chris B. said:
Remove rewards altogether. Over the years this show has turned into Spa-vivor.
I don't mind some of the rewards. I did dislike some of the challenges where you had to get more physical with the other contestants and some were getting too rough and Jeff or anyone wasn't saying anything to the contestants to settle down or anything 

Pip's Invitation said:
Looks like 41 and 42 were both filmed over 26 days instead of 39 due to quarantine requirements. To compensate, apparently the conditions are being made harsher. No word on whether 26 days is a permanent change. 
This can only make the show better

6th episode of Aussie really good. Still seems like the challenges are tougher than our version. No contestant has me pulling for them immediately like Luke, Dave and Loki did still pretty  interesting group though. I'm wondering if there is a unwritten rule down in Australia that all females named Flik are gorgeous.The two they have had on so far sure are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick Vermeil said:
I know this has been asked and answered a thousand times, but where do I watch the Aussie version?
If you join the group "The Tribe Has Spoken" on Facebook, you can stream all of the episodes of all the Australia seasons through the Facebook page.  It should be the first link under Announcements.  I just hook my laptop up to my TV via an HDMI cable and watch that way.  Plus they have all of the New Zealand and South Africa seasons too, but I haven't watched those yet.

I find it difficult to track more than one series at a time... in the middle of the current season of South Africa now, watching weekly. It should finish just as US returns. I'll have to save the new Australia season to carry me through the Dec/Jan period between the US seasons. 

If you join the group "The Tribe Has Spoken" on Facebook, you can stream all of the episodes of all the Australia seasons through the Facebook page.  It should be the first link under Announcements.  I just hook my laptop up to my TV via an HDMI cable and watch that way.  Plus they have all of the New Zealand and South Africa seasons too, but I haven't watched those yet.
Thanks for this info. I had a few people tell me different sites but I didn't know what to use. this is the easiest suggestion so far as I use my HDMI cable and Laptop constantly for things 

Survivor players are slowly infiltrating MTV The Challenge.  Jay has been on a few seasons now, Natalie was on the last season until she had to leave due to pregnancy (she easily won her first contest and was one of the stronger females).   This season Tommy, Michelle, and Michaela are on it, and there are a bunch of foreign Survivor people.  Two from Romania, two from Nigeria and one from Spain I think.

Survivor players are slowly infiltrating MTV The Challenge.  Jay has been on a few seasons now, Natalie was on the last season until she had to leave due to pregnancy (she easily won her first contest and was one of the stronger females).   This season Tommy, Michelle, and Michaela are on it, and there are a bunch of foreign Survivor people.  Two from Romania, two from Nigeria and one from Spain I think.
Smdh at the list that was made 😂😂😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread