What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (3 Viewers)

Yep ours will really have to go some to match this season of the Aussie version. I think that George may be one of the best strategist the game has ever seen.
Agree.  He’s one of the best I’ve seen play.  Golden god is up there too.  I just finished episode 23 and we are down to the final 3.  I’ll put my next comment in a spoiler box.  

couldnt figure out how to do the spoiler tags properly....

😒

Is this not how to do it?

test

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree.  He’s one of the best I’ve seen play.  Golden god is up there too.  I just finished episode 23 and we are down to the final 3.  I’ll put my next comment in a spoiler box.  

couldnt figure out how to do the spoiler tags properly....

😒

Is this not how to do it?

test
You got me I'm a slow adapter to technology.

Man for those that dont watch survivor Australia you really really need to.  Great season once again.  If you head to the survivor AU subreddit you will find what you need to watch 😉
the challenges in AU are tough , it was a great season
I also love that the AU players want strong players to win and to make big moves plus on how sportsman like they are .
i have watched the 1st 3 season of AU and on the season finale of season 4 

Man for those that dont watch survivor Australia you really really need to.  Great season once again.  If you head to the survivor AU subreddit you will find what you need to watch 😉

Are they all good so should just watch all Australia seasons starting with season 1 and go through all? Or any in particular not worth it?

Are they all good so should just watch all Australia seasons starting with season 1 and go through all? Or any in particular not worth it?

There are some really old seasons (2001 and 2006) that I haven't watched, but then it started up again starting in 2016 with host Jonathan LaPaglia and all six of the "new" seasons are great IMHO.

2016 - Samoa
2017 - Samoa
2018 - Fiji (Champions vs. Contenders)
2019 - Fiji (Champions vs. Contenders)
2020 - Fiji (All-Stars)
2021 - Outback (Brains vs. Brawn)

There are some really old seasons (2001 and 2006) that I haven't watched, but then it started up again starting in 2016 with host Jonathan LaPaglia and all six of the "new" seasons are great IMHO.

2016 - Samoa
2017 - Samoa
2018 - Fiji (Champions vs. Contenders)
2019 - Fiji (Champions vs. Contenders)
2020 - Fiji (All-Stars)
2021 - Outback (Brains vs. Brawn)
Yea i agree with this.  I havent seen the early ones.  I have heard they are good though.  But if you start with new seasons listed above thats a good start plus some of them end up on multiple seasons so its good to go back and see their gameplay. 

waiver wire said:
the challenges in AU are tough , it was a great season
I also love that the AU players want strong players to win and to make big moves plus on how sportsman like they are .
i have watched the 1st 3 season of AU and on the season finale of season 4 
Yea I don't think I've ever seen sour grapes or poor sportsmanship from those exiting except once. That was an American though good old Russell Hantz showing his ugly American side.

Yea I don't think I've ever seen sour grapes or poor sportsmanship from those exiting except once. That was an American though good old Russell Hantz showing his ugly American side.

I can't remember the season and it may have been one of the All Star versions where the girls got into it when the one girl got voted off and held the grudge during the last tribal council. I think her name was Sandra or something. It wasn't what's her name on this past version and I think it was before she was on her first. The gloves were off at Tribal Council and the look on Jeff's face and everyone else made for some really good TV because they didn't know what to do or say. It ended up being made a huge public outcry with many fans picking sides but I think ultimately people defended the girl who the judge female went after. I think the premises of it was she got screwed out big time and was blindsided by the vote off and felt like her and the others disrespected her and all. I believe the alliance with this girl was made in the first few days of contest maybe 1st or 2nd show lasting till the last 5 or 6. 

I liked the Brains vs. Brawn season except that they adopted the same bad twist that the US version started, allowing people who got voted out to come back into the game. In fact, three of the final four had been voted out but got back in by one way or another. This absolutely diminishes the main premise of the game. The tribe hasn't spoken if you let the person voted out to stay. Bad idea. This will kill the game IMO.

I liked the Brains vs. Brawn season except that they adopted the same bad twist that the US version started, allowing people who got voted out to come back into the game. In fact, three of the final four had been voted out but got back in by one way or another. This absolutely diminishes the main premise of the game. The tribe hasn't spoken if you let the person voted out to stay. Bad idea. This will kill the game IMO.
from my understanding thats very common and to be expected in AU . 
I believe i read somewhere  it has to do with the tv contract , they need so many episodes 

I can't remember the season and it may have been one of the All Star versions where the girls got into it when the one girl got voted off and held the grudge during the last tribal council. I think her name was Sandra or something. It wasn't what's her name on this past version and I think it was before she was on her first. The gloves were off at Tribal Council and the look on Jeff's face and everyone else made for some really good TV because they didn't know what to do or say. It ended up being made a huge public outcry with many fans picking sides but I think ultimately people defended the girl who the judge female went after. I think the premises of it was she got screwed out big time and was blindsided by the vote off and felt like her and the others disrespected her and all. I believe the alliance with this girl was made in the first few days of contest maybe 1st or 2nd show lasting till the last 5 or 6. 

This is so very enlightening.

:loco:

from my understanding thats very common and to be expected in AU . 
I believe i read somewhere  it has to do with the tv contract , they need so many episodes 

It was all a bit too long.  The episodes were literally a half hour too long.  Tribal councils sometimes felt like they would never end.

BUT

it was an excellent season

and I don't mind the back-in twists, I felt like they were done well and at good spots at the game for it

Not as sloppy as the last few seasons of US gimmicks

Brad is creepy. 
Anyone who's un-self-aware enough to tell people to their face that he thinks they should get votes is probably going to be in the game for a long time. Modern juries will never vote for anyone like that to win, so the savvy players will want to get him to Final Tribal with them if they can. 

I get it...but also just dont get it.

My daughter and her friends (all girls) call each other "guys". Not the end all, sure, but at this point the word seems separated from gender attachment. 
Agreed. Not at all a big deal to me as it's simple enough to drop the one word, but it also seems silly for it to be any issue.  It's become a neutral term. Especially when you consider nobody really uses the traditional "opposite" terms of gals or dolls anymore. 

I get it...but also just dont get it.

My daughter and her friends (all girls) call each other "guys". Not the end all, sure, but at this point the word seems separated from gender attachment. 

Agreed. Not at all a big deal to me as it's simple enough to drop the one word, but it also seems silly for it to be any issue.  It's become a neutral term. Especially when you consider nobody really uses the traditional "opposite" terms of gals or dolls anymore. 

Agree.  But it is a thing.  I have direct reports that are women and i find myself saying guys alot to the team.  I have to really be cognizant to not say it.  Im pretty sure noone cares if its said but ultimately i do try not to say it.  Honestly, i do respect that Probst is trying to do the right thing.  Was cool that he even asked the team and had a dialogue about it also. 

Maybe it's just me, but something was off in this episode.  Seeing the camera crews?  Seeing the contestant's back stories? The time devoted to the elimination of the word "guys"?  The meh contestants overall?  Just not sure.

Pretty good start but like others I don't like this cast much-yet. I do like that the game is harder this season with no food and double eliminations. Looking forward to other new twists and hopefully someone starts to stand out this season.

The increased time spent on the characters is something they appear to have taken from Australia.  Which does pay off after a few episodes as you get more invested.  Plus seeing more gameplay and strategy is good.  But not sure how it will last with only 1 long shows once a week vs what australia does.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good start but like others I don't like this cast much-yet. I do like that the game is harder this season with no food and double eliminations. Looking forward to other new twists and hopefully someone starts to stand out this season.
I think they tried too hard to find diversity, which isn’t surprising considering some of their past issues. I don’t mind it, but I think they went overboard with it. I mean they didn’t really respond properly to the sexual assault guy so now they want to look like they are a thought leader. Hey, add some diversity that you were lacking but make sure you don’t forget that you need the right personalities to create a little drama. I don’t think casting will go well when I would bet that the producers had some meetings saying, we need to have our first X winner. I think that we are seeing a bit more forced casting rather than organic let’s find some people who would make good TV and then make sure we get people from a lot of backgrounds from that group.

The increased time spent on the characters is something they appear to have taken from Australia.  Which does pay off after a few episodes as you get more invested.  Plus seeing more gameplay and strategy is good.  But not sure how it will last with only 1 long shows once a week vs what australia does.  
That’s a good point as well. Hopefully some people grow on us, but I feel the same way. The cast doesn’t grab me yet.

Users who are viewing this thread