What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (5 Viewers)

Zeke's scars are a pretty specific tell if you know what to look for. And it was out on the internet while his previous season was airing, the reality show message boards uncovered it pretty quickly. But I don't know the timing of when this season was filmed.
I was shocked to learn he was transgender because Zeke has hair on his chest and torso. A lot of men are waxing, shaving, lasering, etc. their hair off in these areas and he's adding it? 

There has definitely been at least one other time where no vote was needed.. Can't recall the season, but someone posted it above. :)
Yeah. And I get why they did it, but I'm not a fan of that.  Have the contestants vote secretly anyway.  What if there was a secret move in play where Tai would give one of his idols to Varner and they got to vote off who they wanted? Hypothetically, he wouldn't feel comfortable asking for the vote to still take place when Jeff asked if they should bother, because that would put everyone on alert and mess up the move. How much trouble is it to spend the few minutes to keep it official and have the votes written down?

I wish I hadn't deleted the show from DVR so I could go back, but I swear I heard Varner say something beyond the "nuclear" comment about Zeke.  The camera was on Zeke but the commentary was Varner and he said something to the effect that he knew something about Zeke that others don't know... in a tone as if he was going to use that information if he had to.  It wasn't a spur of the moment comment that slipped out of his mouth at TC.  It was in his plans to use if he thought he needed it.  He just didn't get the reaction he wanted, imo.  

Before tribal, they showed him talking to Andrea and to the camera.

To Andrea: "Zeke is working with Ozzy.  He's not on your team."

To camera: "If I'm going home tonight, I'm gonna cut 'em all off at the knees."

To Andrea: "Zeke's not being truthful.  There's something about Zeke nobody knows."

To camera: "I feel like I know something about Zeke that nobody else has picked up on. It's insignificant to this game. It means nothing, but this is not the guy you think he is; there's something else here.  If I have to go to tribal tonight and raise mortal hell, I'm gonna do it. I'm not going quietly off this island."

What causes the most outrage?

1) That Varner outed someone as transgender that wasn't living openly?

2) That Varner implied that transgender people were dishonest?

3) That Varner felt that by not telling or living out, Zeke was dishonest specifically?

4) Something else that I'm missing?

Before tribal, they showed him talking to Andrea and to the camera.

To Andrea: "Zeke is working with Ozzy.  He's not on your team."

To camera: "If I'm going home tonight, I'm gonna cut 'em all off at the knees."

To Andrea: "Zeke's not being truthful.  There's something about Zeke nobody knows."

To camera: "I feel like I know something about Zeke that nobody else has picked up on. It's insignificant to this game. It means nothing, but this is not the guy you think he is; there's something else here.  If I have to go to tribal tonight and raise mortal hell, I'm gonna do it. I'm not going quietly off this island."
Thank you..  He knew or felt strongly that no one else knew about Zeke.  And then when he gets the wrong reaction at TC, he tried to say he thought everyone knew and that Zeke was loud and proud, etc.  Probst called him on that part.  

What causes the most outrage?

1) That Varner outed someone as transgender that wasn't living openly?

2) That Varner implied that transgender people were dishonest?

3) That Varner felt that by not telling or living out, Zeke was dishonest specifically?

4) Something else that I'm missing?
I think the outrage is that Varner took it upon himself to out Zeke on national television without knowing what Zeke would want.  Jeff had an exit interview (posted above somewhere) where he admitted he didn't know Zeke at all and didn't know what made him a "game changer" because he didn't watch Zeke's first season.  It hadn't aired yet when they were filming Game Changers season.  Zeke played in back to back seasons, each were completed before his first season aired.  

So Jeff didn't know Zeke and how he lived his life before survivor. He didn't know if Zeke was out, loud and proud in his community or not.  He said that he assumed that Zeke was out back home and he (Jeff) thought that is why they brought Zeke onto the show... as in the first transgender player or something.  He assumed wrong.  

He recognized features with Zeke that led him to believe Zeke was transgender.  I think when he said "I thought everyone knew" at TC, he was talking about people back home watching, because he thought Zeke was billed as the first transgender player on the show.  He didn't think the fellow contestants on this season knew, though.  That's why he tried to use that information at TC as in "he is deceiving you people here" (not the people watching on tv).  He assumed Zeke was just keeping it from them.  He made the wrong assumption and it blew up in his face. And because the people across America watching didn't know Zeke was transgender, Varner was the recipient of a huge blow back after this week aired.  

Thank you..  He knew or felt strongly that no one else knew about Zeke.  And then when he gets the wrong reaction at TC, he tried to say he thought everyone knew and that Zeke was loud and proud, etc.  Probst called him on that part.  
Everyone knew = viewers at home. He wasn't talking about the tribe members. Interestingly, Probst knew that Varner knew that Zeke was transgender, and made no effort to tell him to keep it to himself. It makes me wonder if the producers were hoping the outing would happen.

I know Varner cut his own throat, but Probst was pissed and seemed he decided that was it for Varner. Not having a vote was a first. (I think)
I don't know that Probst was angry and that's why it lead to no vote.  TC lasts much longer than the edited version we see - probably a minimum 30 minutes.  I think in that time, it was apparent that everyone felt that Varner should pay the price - and CBS edited it to look like Probst was passing his judgement.

I feel like the really didn't need to show any of it. They could have showed the first part. Varner making his pitch about Ozzy and could've then cut to Probst saying ok it's time to vote. Varner gets unanimously voted out and that's it. 

CBS wants the ratings and everyone talking about this. 

Only thing that makes me question the fact if it was staged is why was the puzzle metamorphosis? Seemed a little foreshadowingish

Everyone knew = viewers at home. He wasn't talking about the tribe members. Interestingly, Probst knew that Varner knew that Zeke was transgender, and made no effort to tell him to keep it to himself. It makes me wonder if the producers were hoping the outing would happen.
If the producers knew he was transgender that is 100% why he was brought back for a second season. He was entertaining enough during his first but wasn't screaming for an encore otherwise. The potential of it coming out on the show is too much to pass on. However I don't think anyone could have expected it would go down like it did. 

Don't think I've ever missed a season/episode of Survivor in all 34 seasons.  

There was some real sleepy boring seasons there for a few years in the 2000s but the last 5 or 6 have been awesome - including this one.  

Loving every episode - rooting for Culpepper, Ozzy and Aubrey right now - I just like them all :shrug:

Zeke good as a player as he is, is a bit cocky/arrogant IMO, not a fan.
Debbie is fodder - someone will take her to the final 3 just for the :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
1st vote out wasn't a big shock.. Cirie. Always does well convincing others.. If Zeke truly wants to "take back control" Then she needs to be next :bye:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I've ever missed a season/episode of Survivor in all 34 seasons.  

There was some real sleepy boring seasons there for a few years in the 2000s but the last 5 or 6 have been awesome - including this one.  

Loving every episode - rooting for Culpepper, Ozzy and Aubrey right now - I just like them all :shrug:

Zeke good as a player as he is, is a bit cocky/arrogant IMO, not a fan.
Debbie is fodder - someone will take her to the final 3 just for the :popcorn:
WHY??  I can't stand the arrogant SOB.  He mentioned earlier if he doesn't win the immunity he's not going to fish, YET HE DID and his last parting shot was again about food.  PLEASE CBS do not bring him back ever again!!!!

I am with lovely jury member #1, Hali, why go after her, she's a floater and shouldn't be on the radar.  On the first tribal, they should have went after a BIG like Culpepper or Ozzie.

As for Zeke, I didn't understand his logic when he was trying to make a move and take out Andrea or Seirra.  At that point no.  You don't want power too soon, and that move appears to have blown up in his face.

WHY??  I can't stand the arrogant SOB.  He mentioned earlier if he doesn't win the immunity he's not going to fish, YET HE DID and his last parting shot was again about food.  PLEASE CBS do not bring him back ever again!!!!

I am with lovely jury member #1, Hali, why go after her, she's a floater and shouldn't be on the radar.  On the first tribal, they should have went after a BIG like Culpepper or Ozzie.

As for Zeke, I didn't understand his logic when he was trying to make a move and take out Andrea or Seirra.  At that point no.  You don't want power too soon, and that move appears to have blown up in his face.
Ozzy?  Greatest survivor player of all time.  When he's in the game, it's a better show.  He's great.

You're right - with the Zeke divisiveness,  Sierra, Culpepper, Debbie, Troyzan (Idol), Tai (2 idols) looking strong vs.

Zeke, Aubrey 

cerie, Michaela, Andrea

sarah

Ozzy too focused on providing, let his social game slip in other areas. The game as it is now, they eat plenty enough. They have a live chicken there, who cares about fishing enough to keep him around? 
Ozzy is playing the game like it was played in its early years but it has evolved. It is like he hasn't watched the show over the last decade. He never evolved his game, horrible player from that standpoint and I hope we never see him again.

Ozzy is playing the game like it was played in its early years but it has evolved. It is like he hasn't watched the show over the last decade. He never evolved his game, horrible player from that standpoint and I hope we never see him again.
But their reason for voting him out is just as horrible with 13 people left. He's not going to win IC all the way to the end.

Ozzy has never had a social game.  He's one of the best physical challenge players, but that's about it.  No reason to get rid of him this early.  First time there's a puzzle challenge, he would be ripe to oust.  

But as soon as they started that pole challenge I knew Tai was going to dominate.  He's the size and weight of a spider monkey.  He could sit up there all day.  

Thought it was dumb to vote off Hali.  She is someone one of those sides could have had to help vote.  She's no threat to win immunity.  Made no sense.

Zeke is smart, but he out thinks the room sometimes.  Looks like he's dug himself a hole.  

Debbie was all smug and happy for getting rid of Ozzy.  Okay, so what?  There's still 11/12 players left.  She wasn't in danger of being voted off.  She should have hung on to that advantage until the numbers got lower and/or she felt threatened.  If she hadn't voted again it would have been a tie between Oz and Zeke.  Let that play out and you might be able to save your advantage.  

Cirie is smart and really knows how to manipulate.  She'll never win a challenge but she'll talk anyone into anything. And what's happened to Michaela?  She just isn't the same player this time.  Now she's up under Cirie's wing.  yuk.  

Tai is in great shape with 2 idols.  

But their reason for voting him out is just as horrible with 13 people left. He's not going to win IC all the way to the end.
No but better to take a player like him out a little early as opposed to waiting and having him run off a couple wins in a row which down the line could force you to have to vote out someone in your alliance.

i can't say I'm really rooting for anyone to win at this point. I'm impressed with Andrea in many ways and I certainly want her around for a while. Nobody is playing a perfect game but several folks are playing well right now. Tai seems to be in great shape with the two idols that nobody knows about and currently being on the right side of the numbers. I feel like he probably goes home with one or both idols in his pocket though.

Probst teased that next week has one of his favorite moments in 34 seasons.

Ozzy has never had a social game.  He's one of the best physical challenge players, but that's about it.  No reason to get rid of him this early.  First time there's a puzzle challenge, he would be ripe to oust.  

But as soon as they started that pole challenge I knew Tai was going to dominate.  He's the size and weight of a spider monkey.  He could sit up there all day.  

Thought it was dumb to vote off Hali.  She is someone one of those sides could have had to help vote.  She's no threat to win immunity.  Made no sense.

Zeke is smart, but he out thinks the room sometimes.  Looks like he's dug himself a hole.  

Debbie was all smug and happy for getting rid of Ozzy.  Okay, so what?  There's still 11/12 players left.  She wasn't in danger of being voted off.  She should have hung on to that advantage until the numbers got lower and/or she felt threatened.  If she hadn't voted again it would have been a tie between Oz and Zeke.  Let that play out and you might be able to save your advantage.  

Cirie is smart and really knows how to manipulate.  She'll never win a challenge but she'll talk anyone into anything. And what's happened to Michaela?  She just isn't the same player this time.  Now she's up under Cirie's wing.  yuk.  

Tai is in great shape with 2 idols.  
Ozzy was going home without the extra vote

No but better to take a player like him out a little early as opposed to waiting and having him run off a couple wins in a row which down the line could force you to have to vote out someone in your alliance.

i can't say I'm really rooting for anyone to win at this point. I'm impressed with Andrea in many ways and I certainly want her around for a while. Nobody is playing a perfect game but several folks are playing well right now. Tai seems to be in great shape with the two idols that nobody knows about and currently being on the right side of the numbers. I feel like he probably goes home with one or both idols in his pocket though.

Probst teased that next week has one of his favorite moments in 34 seasons.
Tai can't keep quiet.  He'll tell someone or more that he has idols.  

Ozzy is the perfect guy for the producers to keep brining back.  Women love him because he's hot, and any male athlete that watches loves watching him in the challenges.  They'd be smart to bring him and Malcom back as often as possible.  Malcom is 100 times the Survivor player Ozzy is though.

Hated to see Ozzy go.  I agree he doesn't have a great social game, but physically, one of the best players ever.

I really can't stand Debbie and her crazy, but she really missed a chance to earn points last night.  Right off the bat at the merge they needed people to not eat.  Well, the others think she is fairly recently back from the harshness of exile.  In reality she ate well.  Perfect time to volunteer and look like a martyr.

Ozzy is the perfect guy for the producers to keep brining back.  Women love him because he's hot, and any male athlete that watches loves watching him in the challenges.  They'd be smart to bring him and Malcom back as often as possible.  Malcom is 100 times the Survivor player Ozzy is though.
Watching some challenges with Ozzy, Malcom and Joe would be some good survivor tv.  

Users who are viewing this thread