What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (7 Viewers)

Disagree.. I've been :rant: for years that they need to Shuffle tribes every 6 days... Alliances get messed up and Real Game play comes into effect.
When you allow them to stay as one for a a couple of weeks, even a shuffle at that time is "too late". if the Alliance survives to the merge they regroup up.

Shaking them up early and often doesn't allow strong alliance's to form and will make the show more interesting .. 
The downside of shaking them up too often is that it means that there's almost no reason to not just vote off the strongest guys/challenge studs early on, and you wind up with a tribe full of Sandras when the merge occurs. 

snogger said:
Disagree.. I've been :rant: for years that they need to Shuffle tribes every 6 days... Alliances get messed up and Real Game play comes into effect.
When you allow them to stay as one for a a couple of weeks, even a shuffle at that time is "too late". if the Alliance survives to the merge they regroup up.

Shaking them up early and often doesn't allow strong alliance's to form and will make the show more interesting .. 
WRONG!  Jk. I see what you are saying. I've always been of them opinion to keep the tribes but offer opportunities to get cross alliances going.  Dual exile island, stuff like that. 

simey said:
Why? I'm not anti-Caleb, I'm just wondering why he deserves a long run. He only lasted 9 days the last time he was on Survivor due to his unfortunate medical emergency. I didn't think he had done anything that game changing up to that point. The thing that sticks out the most to me about his time on Survivor was him passing out from the heat, and Tai's crush on him. :lol: His time on Big Brother as "Beast-Mode Cowboy" shouldn't matter in this game, but my guess is it does to the producers, which is why they brought him back. I think Survivor "Second Chances" seemed more appropriate title wise for his return than "Game Changers." 
I'm just saying personally...I like him and Ozzy.

Probably because they compete hard.

Caleb completely exhausted himself competing...I can respect that.

Someone like Sandra...I cannot.

I'd like to see redemption island...but not let the tribes know.

They can show us each week...the competition to survive and stay on redemption island but not reveal to the tribe who the winner who gets to return is...until it's time for them to return.

I'm just saying personally...I like him and Ozzy.

Probably because they compete hard.

Caleb completely exhausted himself competing...I can respect that.

Someone like Sandra...I cannot.
Sandra uses more facial muscles than any contestant out there by frowning and running her mouth.  :angry: :hophead: <---- Sandra exercising her facial muscles.

snogger said:

I think when it is all returning players you have to mix it up early 

nysfl2 said:
snogger said:

The downside of shaking them up too often is that it means that there's almost no reason to not just vote off the strongest guys/challenge studs early on, and you wind up with a tribe full of Sandras when the merge occurs. 
Only if they know there is going to be a shake up early and often.. keep them guessing.. I'd love to see a season where the Tribes are shuffled at the first TC.. Have everyone wondering on how much to share and align with others.. Then wait 6 days.. or maybe as a Complete WTF....  have a shuffle at and right BEFORE the Immunity challenge... 

The :jawdrop:   would  be Gold!

They better hope next weeks challenge isn't a physical one or they will be back at TC next week.. Smart long term play saying :bye:  to Caleb as far as alliances go... but won't help if you don't have numbers at the merge.

Such a dumb move voting off Caleb so early with so many in the tribe so weak in challenges.  They'll be back in TC again next week.  Classy dude because if I was in his shoes I'd have let them know that on the way out.

The players think they are playing "smart" by voting out the "merge threats".  But you don't do that this early.  You pick off the weaklings first.  Sigh.

Such a dumb move voting off Caleb so early with so many in the tribe so weak in challenges.  They'll be back in TC again next week.  Classy dude because if I was in his shoes I'd have let them know that on the way out.

The players think they are playing "smart" by voting out the "merge threats".  But you don't do that this early.  You pick off the weaklings first.  Sigh.
I think the kicker was Brad making the point that Tai would have a target with caleb in the game at all times.  At that point Tai gave up pushing. 

Never thought they were going to eat the goats, especially with chickens walking around and Tai on the other tribe.  

Culpepper is so boring.  As is Trojan.  I thought Caleb was a nice enough guy, but I do like looking at Hali so glad she's still around a little while longer.  

Still amazes me that they are letting Sandra run the show.  

Guys, come on, it's all about the editing.  Yes I totally agree Sandra is a total Beech.  I don't see her lasting much longer.  At worse I see her going after they merge as one and start the individual immunity challenges.

I didn't understand the logic of JT and leaving his new tribe out on the water as he looks for an idol.  Yeah sure he needs to find it but it was too obvious. 

As for the chickens and goats, why go after the goats when you have the chickens and no Tai?? Worse case, fatten up the baby goat for later.

I don't think I could eat those goats. I know its lame but the baby is too damn cute and obviously killing the mom effectively kills the baby.

Those chickens would be in my belly ASAP though.

Imagine if you kill that poor defenseless baby goat and then the next day you win a cheeseburger in a food challenge (which happen very often nowadays on survivor)

I'd like to see redemption island...but not let the tribes know.

They can show us each week...the competition to survive and stay on redemption island but not reveal to the tribe who the winner who gets to return is...until it's time for them to return.
Or better yet don't even tell the tribes there is a redemption island until the player from there rejoins.

I don't think I could eat those goats. I know its lame but the baby is too damn cute and obviously killing the mom effectively kills the baby.

Imagine if you kill that poor defenseless baby goat and then the next day you win a cheeseburger in a food challenge (which happen very often nowadays on survivor)
Pretty sure Sandra would eat her own young. No way I could have killed the momma and baby goat. Has to be plenty to eat in the ocean. 

Forget the mother/baby angle.  I'd have to be pretty damn hard up to eat goat meat.   :X

I think if Culpepper had pushed harder, he could have gotten Debbie voted out, which would have been the better play. Culpepper was in the majority alliance in his new tribe, 4-2. He was worried about Debbie, Tai, and Caleb working together because of their past relationship. He wants to keep the tribe strong so they don't have to go to tribal. He wants to keep other physical targets in the game so he can fly under the radar.

Voting out Debbie:

1) He is still in the majority alliance 3-2

2)  He takes out one of the trio of Debbie, Tai, and Caleb so they don't have a majority in his tribe

3) The tribe is definitely stronger at a challenge with Caleb rather than Debbie

4) Caleb is definitely a better target in the game for other people to go after rather than Debbie.

Bonus: Debbie is definitely more annoying than Caleb. Life at camp would be better.

TLEF316 said:

Weren't there eggs from the chicken also? They showed some when the new tribes returned to the chicken camp.

Nick Vermeil said:
Forget the mother/baby angle.  I'd have to be pretty damn hard up to eat goat meat.   :X
Why? Mexican goat stew was on of the richest most flavorful things I've ever eaten. Lots of bones but so delicious.

Regardless of it's popularity among the masses, goat is delicious. So I don't get the " :X " unless you've tried it and hated it.

Seriously. I was looking at that remaining group at the end thinking "how in the hell will they win a challenge?"

That's another big reason why we gets votes like last night so early in the game - the whole concept of "providers" no longer exists.  Will be interesting to see this play out re: Ozzy, whose whole game is swimming fast and climbing for coconuts.

WTF IS HAPPENING TO THE FFA?

There are 19 posts about baby goats and 1 post about Haili's ###. Those scenes with her at the beach in her undies. Good lord. :wub:

#datass
Came here just to post about #datass.  Glad there are still some of us who have our priorities straight. 

Ned said:
WTF IS HAPPENING TO THE FFA?

There are 19 posts about baby goats and 1 post about Haili's ###. Those scenes with her at the beach in her undies. Good lord. :wub:

#datass
And she wears leggings/yoga pants during challenges. Bonus points for giving us what we want.

I agree it's getting easier.  But they still lose a ton of weight and barely eat. 

That being said, it's time to move the goalposts.

Make the prize 10 million and crank the difficulty back to a 10. 

The tribe already came in last with Caleb. So unless the next challenge is the one where one team member has to hold up a net full of coconuts they were already screwed.  

Users who are viewing this thread