What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (3 Viewers)

I thought they all did a great job at tribal making it look like it was going to be Mikayla in order to get JT to not play an idol if he had one . . .

Then the post-boot interview ruined it all by revealing that the dolt didn't even bring it to tribal. Seriously - you JUST got done sabotaging your team at the last tribal council, and you don't even bring your idol to the next one??!?!?

JT... what a doofus.  If you have an idol and know you're on the outs, you have to dig deep and try to find out if there's anyone... anyone who will vote with you for someone else.  He fell for Sandra's BS and felt safe.  Such an idiot.  Didn't even have it with him.  

As soon as Sandra tells Probst that they are going to keep their strongest player and "HE" will help them win challenges... everyone in the house knew she was setting up JT.. except JT.  Red flags should have popped him all in the face.  Good grief.  

I thought they all did a great job at tribal making it look like it was going to be Mikayla in order to get JT to not play an idol if he had one . . .

Then the post-boot interview ruined it all by revealing that the dolt didn't even bring it to tribal. Seriously - you JUST got done sabotaging your team at the last tribal council, and you don't even bring your idol to the next one??!?!?
Mentioned it above, but you could tell they were setting up JT at tribal.  Michaela even knew Sandra was not voting her.  Otherwise she wouldn't have held her tongue as much as she did.  She gets extremely defensive, which is why she's a loose canon and won't win.  But she kept somewhat quiet because she knew it wasn't her going.  She wasn't sure about Aubrey, which led to a couple of faces when Aubrey talked.  

Sandra is smart but she was too obvious about it in my opinion.  But JT is dumb, so... 

I think I like Sandra more than Debbie. And that's saying something.
I still like Debbie more than Sandra.  She's a dumpster fire, but she wears her emotions on her sleeve.  I think everyone knows what they get with Debbie.  Sandra is a snake.. a smart calculating snake.  Want her gone before they merge.  

Debbie before challenge.. "I'm REALLY good at balancing " After failing MISERABLE with a lead "Culpepper dictates what we all do and I'm pissed" :lmao:
And she said Haley took 10mins on the beams and cost them the game while she (Deb) breezed right through them.

What sort of bizarro world does she live in?  She's gotta be certified schizophrenic, right?  

And she said Haley took 10mins on the beams and cost them the game while she (Deb) breezed right through them.

What sort of bizarro world does she live in?  She's gotta be certified schizophrenic, right?  
I was like WTF is she talking about? We all saw the same thing where she couldn't to the balance beam, right? She's a freaking pyscho.

As for Sandra, no idea how they have kept her around so far. That tribe is lucky there is a merge coming because they have the weakest players left in the game outside of Michaela.

Maybe she did, with editing it's hard to say. One thing is the editors want  everyone to think she is certified schizophrenic with her edit.

Woah... next week could be a "game changer" .. drop your buffs, exile Island and "a previous survivor returns"

:popcorn:
If they're going back to two tribes of 7, and 1 player going to exile island... I hope it's Sandra.  Or at least I hope she gets put on a tribe where she doesn't have the numbers.  

Mentioned it above, but you could tell they were setting up JT at tribal.  Michaela even knew Sandra was not voting her.  Otherwise she wouldn't have held her tongue as much as she did.  She gets extremely defensive, which is why she's a loose canon and won't win.  But she kept somewhat quiet because she knew it wasn't her going.  She wasn't sure about Aubrey, which led to a couple of faces when Aubrey talked.  

Sandra is smart but she was too obvious about it in my opinion.  But JT is dumb, so... 
Sandra already planted the seed in JT that they were tired of Micheala's crap by eating that sugar, and telling him it had to have been Micheala.  JT knows Sandra doesn't hold back when she is mad, and I'm sure it seemed normal to him for Sandra to be implying that Micheala was gone. The plan worked so good that JT didn't even bring his idol to tribal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandra already planted the seed in JT that they were tired of Micheala's crap by eating that sugar, and telling him it had to have been Micheala.  JT knows Sandra doesn't hold back when she is mad, and I'm sure it seemed normal to him for Sandra to be implying that Micheala was gone. The plan worked great so good that JT didn't even bring is idol to tribal.
JT is dumb.  When you have an idol you have to try to make sure you aren't in danger (which he has been in danger, especially since Sandra believed he had to tell Brad that Sierra was the target last TC).  He can't be so naive that he didn't think Sandra and Jeff could figure out that he told Brad about Sierra.  In his position (at the bottom after Malcolm left) he had to be 100% sure.  He should have scrambled more at camp before tribal.  When Sandra told Jeff at TC that JT was staying, it should have raised a red flag but his eyes were glazed over.  I believe he was right in thinking he was safe walking to TC, but after Sandra's blatant comment, he should have thought twice.  But since he didn't bring the idol, it's moot anyway.  Again, JT is dumb.  

I still like Debbie more than Sandra.  She's a dumpster fire, but she wears her emotions on her sleeve.  I think everyone knows what they get with Debbie.  Sandra is a snake.. a smart calculating snake.  Want her gone before they merge.  
I like having a snake out there for awhile. I think it's fun to have a personality like hers on the island, and she will more than likely get voted off soon enough. Debbie is mentally unstable.

I think the editing has a lot to do with how bizarre she sounded.  It could have taken Hali a lot longer on the first beams than we saw.  They edited it to reflect Debbie struggling but may have not shown us how Hali struggled at first, just to add to the Debbie dumpster fire edit for the show.

We went back and watched that challenge again and noticed they showed JT walking across the first balance beam with the ball, as if he was in the lead.  Then the next shot he was standing back on the original mat waiting for Michaela to dig in the sand for the first ball, as if his tribe was behind.  Was weird.  

I like having a snake out there for awhile. I think it's fun to have a personality like hers on the island, and she will more than likely get voted off soon enough. Debbie is mentally unstable.
Sandra is a great player, no question about that.  But it is her same formula she's using that she used in her previous two wins.  I'm not mad at her for playing that way.  I'm mad at everyone else for falling for it!  It's like she casts a spell on the people in her tribe and erases their memory of ever knowing she has won the game in the past.  

I hope it is your guy Jeff that finally ends up stabbing her in the back.  It could be the greatest game changer move that he could make.  

Sandra is a great player, no question about that.  But it is her same formula she's using that she used in her previous two wins.  I'm not mad at her for playing that way.  I'm mad at everyone else for falling for it!  It's like she casts a spell on the people in her tribe and erases their memory of ever knowing she has won the game in the past.  

I hope it is your guy Jeff that finally ends up stabbing her in the back.  It could be the greatest game changer move that he could make.  
I don't know that she cast a spell on her tribe. JT is a former winner too, and he can physically win immunity for himself. He backstabbed his tribe last council, and it isn't surprising they went after him. Sandra could see that JT had issues with Micheala so she used that as bait with the sugar. He fell for it. Sandra also spoke the truth in the previous tribal councils, therefore I can see why JT believed what she was saying in the last one. It was the first time she was BSing at tribal. JT got caught in her web. It was awesome. Now that a merge is coming, she will get dethroned soon.

Unlike a real survivor situation where Sandra would not last very long in this game being strong and able to take care of yourself and win challenges is actually a detriment. It always seems the weaker players team up and vote the most capable players off. The stronger you are the bigger target you are.  Culpeppers days are numbered.

After what JT did the last council he was an idiot not to play his idol regardless of what anyone told him.

No matter how annoying Sandra's deflection strategy may be she plays it like an art form. Sure there was luck involved in her previous wins but you can't say she isn't a great player of the game. 

Anyone but me. . . . . .

Either Debbie is totally bat #### or the editing was heavily tweaked last night . . . .  . or both :shrug:  

For the Survivor fans, is anyone watching MTV's knock-off "Stranded with a Million Dollars"? I've seen two episodes, it's not awful.

It's a little different, there weren't any challenges (other than relocating the camp, and enduring a 'temptation').

Instead, they've dropped 10 millennials on a deserted island. No food, no change of clothes, no gear, no tools, no supplies, as usual. There are no other people there, including show crew: all the footage is supposedly gathered from mounted cameras and remotely operated drones. So, more "real" isolation.

They also have a bag of cash at the camp, with $100,000 in it. Each time they move to the next camp site, if they can get there in under X hours, they get another bag with $100,000 in it. If they don't make the deadline, no cash. Anyone can quit the game at any time (two people quit during a camp relocation rather than be responsible for the rest of the players not making the deadline).

After 40 days, everyone left splits whatever cash they've accumulated.

Once a day, they get to make a phone call to the producers to request supplies out of a catalog they're provided. Prices are, obviously, insane. 1 can of soda=$1000. 1 gallon of water=$3000. 1 pizza=$5000. Backpack=$5000. Two person tent=$30,000. Four person tent= $50,000. Majority rules on what to buy.

There's also a "temptation" offered once every few days. One player is selected to go with a friend to check it out, the first one was food... pass and spend nothing, have some bowls of potato chips and pretzels for $5000, or, stuff yourselves with beer and cheeseburgers for $15000.  The second was clothes... $5000 for each person to get a new shirt, $15000 for both to get full wardrobes-new shoes, shorts, shirts, hats (or, pass and keep the money).

Interesting dynamic of players, some who want to keep things difficult to keep the prize money high while forcing everyone else out. Others who need pampering and personal items. Alliances based on the strategies formed early, but, with majority rules on the decisions that didn't go so well early on.
This show is great.  :thumbup:   Finally caught up.

Cody is such a polarizing character. I think he would do things much differently if he had it to do over again. Its all about being in the majority.

I dont think Alex has any idea how horrible life is about to get for him. Ill be totally shocked if he or Gina make it to the end. Id love to see Cody and Makani turn on each other once the others are gone.

Im actually enjoying the focus being on the game-play and not showmances. Pretty shocking that MTV is the first network to do this on a reality show.

as much as michaela seems to be a loose cannon, she played her role perfectly at tribal.  no freaking out, no paranoia, let sandra run her mouth, agree and then slit jt's throat.  it was enjoyable.

as much as michaela seems to be a loose cannon, she played her role perfectly at tribal.  no freaking out, no paranoia, let sandra run her mouth, agree and then slit jt's throat.  it was enjoyable.
That's because, thanks to editing it was a given that JT was done, even though they didn't know if he would play the idol.  Her cockiness of her pulling out her water and pouring into the cup and drinking it only ticked me off more about her.  She's not going to last long anyway.

That's because, thanks to editing it was a given that JT was done, even though they didn't know if he would play the idol.  Her cockiness of her pulling out her water and pouring into the cup and drinking it only ticked me off more about her.  She's not going to last long anyway.
i wasn't referring to the stupid water drinking.  it was the lead up, no freaking out, seemingly resigned to her fate.  aubry was clueless.  it was good game play

i wasn't referring to the stupid water drinking.  it was the lead up, no freaking out, seemingly resigned to her fate.  aubry was clueless.  it was good game play
Funny thing is that it even played into what JT was saying he'd do if he felt like he was in danger - he'd keep his mouth shut. He'd only talk trash if he felt safe. 

Maybe she did, with editing it's hard to say. One thing is the editors want  everyone to think she is certified schizophrenic with her edit.
She certainly looks a lot less crazy if they show that she really did hers in 2 min after Hallie took 10, and had been saying beforehand that she should go first on the beams instead of Hallie but Brad made the call for her to go second.

Still absolutely crazy, but less. 

She certainly looks a lot less crazy if they show that she really did hers in 2 min after Hallie took 10, and had been saying beforehand that she should go first on the beams instead of Hallie but Brad made the call for her to go second.

There was an odd bit at the end of her screaming at brad on the beach, she starts laughing hysterically immediately after yelling at him. Seemed staged

All of that doesn't matter, Brad ####ed her and dumped her...I swear it is like I'm watching a different show than the rest of you 

All of that doesn't matter, Brad ####ed her and dumped her...I swear it is like I'm watching a different show than the rest of you 
I believe the scientific term is "hit it and quit it".
BTW, his wife looks like this. Do you really think he would put his dong in Debbie's Saharan Death Trap?

The Debby editing had us all confused watching.  

The fact that no one was telling her she (seemingly) had it completely backwards about the 10 minutes and the 2 minutes lends me to think maybe she was telling the truth and that editing made it feel like she was the issue.

The Debby editing had us all confused watching.  

The fact that no one was telling her she (seemingly) had it completely backwards about the 10 minutes and the 2 minutes lends me to think maybe she was telling the truth and that editing made it feel like she was the issue.
As someone who has watched Big Brother live. What I see and what they edit to show on their taped shows, sometimes are different things.

I actually said this to my son.  My first response to her would have been "Debbie, you are the one who took 10 minutes".  No one appeared to say that so she actually could be on the bad side of an edit.

She's still nuts though :)

and now I see others have said the same :)

Debbie is nuts and really, it doesnt matter how long it took Hali. From what I saw, Debi never even finished. She claims to have burned right through it, but thats a flat out lie.

JT played foolishly. I dont care how confident you are, to not even bother to bring immunity to tribal is dumb. 30 seconds in, I told my wife they were way too matter of fact about voting out Michaela and JT was in big trouble. 

My two favorite items of the night:

Tai: "Debbie is a different kind of person. She's like a crazy lady". and finally, after going off her rocker, Debbie cracks off about ten push-ups.  :lol:

i was looking at the survivor wiki.  whats crazy.   She only has 1 vote cast against her.  ever.
Not surprising.. She is the classic "Drag to the Final 3 with you as no way in hell is she getting any votes" player.

Locked into the final two money if you drag her along :thumbup:

I actually said this to my son.  My first response to her would have been "Debbie, you are the one who took 10 minutes".  No one appeared to say that so she actually could be on the bad side of an edit.
That's what really happened, imo.  They showed Debbie struggling on the second ball and beams but at that point I think they were so far behind it didn't matter, because (in Debbie's mind) Hali took too much time on the first ball/beams.  Debbie wasn't really into the second beams as the look on her face showed she didn't seem to care that she was dropping balls.  They were in a distant third at that point I guess, and Sandra was almost done with her puzzle for second place.  

The whole time she was fussing afterward about Hali, no one corrected her.  The episode edit did a number on her.  Bet she'll talk about it at the reunion show.  

Users who are viewing this thread