Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 40 (Winners at War): Starts Wednesday Feb. 12, 2020

If Aurora had a shred of a social game she would be a real force. She is $ at challenges, sans puzzles. If she goes to extinction I'd bet on her to win her way back in(barring puzzle involvement), even over Joe. Of course she has lasted this long so maybe her social game isn't as bad as it seems :shrug: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:

I liked the reactions on the jury when someone in the game said the people on the jury were big threats to win and that's why they are over there and some of us are over here... something to that effect.  They panned to Reem and she smiled as if to say, damn right.  Don't think he meant you, dear.  

I made the comment when that happened that they should have said the players in the jury were voted out "because they were big threats.....except for Reem."

I would love to have seen her reaction to that...haha

• Laughing 1

8 minutes ago, Gally said:

I made the comment when that happened that they should have said the players in the jury were voted out "because they were big threats.....except for Reem."

She would have verbally assaulted all of them, include Probst.  Would be fun. 

30 minutes ago, Gally said:

There would have been some Reemin’ going on

2 hours ago, Dezbelief said:

Weren't those guys border patrol agents? 

Now we know why there's a crisis at the border.   These 2 guys couldn't catch a mailbox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dezbelief said:

Weren't those guys border patrol agents? 

There's something to say about border patrol agents who can't climb a wall... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kraft... said:

If Aurora had a shred of a social game she would be a real force. She is $ at challenges, sans puzzles. If she goes to extinction I'd bet on her to win her way back in(barring puzzle involvement), even over Joe. Of course she has lasted this long so maybe her social game isn't as bad as it seems :shrug: 

I was mildly surprised she didn't use her extra vote.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

There's something to say about border patrol agents who can't climb a wall... 

Came here to post....

does this season really suck or I am just finally getting sick of this show?   I normally don't really mind the returning players if they are decent but those four weren't any fun/good besides maybe david.  and all the newbies are just blah to me still at this point when it should be good.....

I'm so happy Wardog is out. that dude is a grade-A toolbox.

I love watching Aurora glide through any physical challenge like a cat, and Wardog is out there flopping around like Jerry Lewis.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

does this season really suck or I am just finally getting sick of this show?   I normally don't really mind the returning players if they are decent but those four weren't any fun/good besides maybe david.  and all the newbies are just blah to me still at this point when it should be good.....

I think last season was just really good so this season seems lame by comparison.  I'll admit I was going thru the motions watching until approx. 2 weeks ago.  Now paying more attention and seems to be getting a little better.  Half the guys/girls being focused on now I don't even remember being part of the opening weeks...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mozzy84 said:

Yeah this season is a snooze.  

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 11:45 AM, stlrams said:

Just watched, some funny parts especially the big guy trying to get up the slip and slide thing.  

Team Fun is a spitting image of the couple at the end of Can't Hardly Wait. Melissa Joan Hart's character and her new boyfriend.

2 minutes ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

bold Survivor prediction: Lauren will be an absolute smoke show at the reunion.

Back off :hot: :boxing:

21 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

Pretty bad...must have been a weak turnout for casting to bring back stiffs from previous shows. Really have no idea why Wentworth has been on 3 times..she does not bring much in terms of anything.

Also would love to see All-Star Survivor where every contestant is almost equally good at challenges.  Right now if you win challenges all the weaker links and hangers on want to oust you.  Win a couple challenges when it gets toward the end and you are doomed if you can`t keep it up.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

So will Victoria.  

• Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 12:20 PM, Maik Jeaunz said:

Don't venture so far out on a limb there :)

She's already there.

Yeah, Lauren kinda has a poor man's Alexandra dadarrio thing going on. Big fan

• Like 6

On 4/26/2019 at 1:26 PM, Da Guru said:

Pretty bad...must have been a weak turnout for casting to bring back stiffs from previous shows. Really have no idea why Wentworth has been on 3 times..she does not bring much in terms of anything.

Way too much jury talk at tribal, do we really need to hear their ‘get your popcorn’ comments? The fascination with Wentworth is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Plaid Boxer said:

Way too much jury talk at tribal, do we really need to hear their ‘get your popcorn’ comments? The fascination with Wentworth is ridiculous. 

I can`t remember but in the early days did Jeff provoke all the tribal talk that happens now?  Seems he outs people now and causes chaos.  

2 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

I can`t remember but in the early days did Jeff provoke all the tribal talk that happens now?  Seems he outs people now and causes chaos.  

I’m talking about hearing chatter from the actual jury, as if Wentworth is the star of the show. 

Yeah, probst or some other producer must REALLY want to nail Wentworth because shes getting way too much attention for someone who was completely forgettable in the overall survivor history. If they hadn't brought her back for this, I would have forgotten she exists.

Good looking girl, pretty good player, I guess. But they're giving her way too much screen time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TLEF316 said:

Yeah, probst or some other producer must REALLY want to nail Wentworth because shes getting way too much attention for someone who was completely forgettable in the overall survivor history. If they hadn't brought her back for this, I would have forgotten she exists.

Good looking girl, pretty good player, I guess. But they're giving her way too much screen time

She's actually been horrible this season.  Done terrible in challenges but complains about everyone else playing poorly.  

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 12:52 PM, Mr. Mojo said:

I just don't see that. :shrug:

If some of her instagram pics are an indication of how she cleans up, I'm looking forward to seeing her.  

• Love 1

One of the best idol plays... Ever...  :bow:

• Like 5

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, chet said:

IMO

Aurora > Lauren > Victoria

Aurora???... Really??? :mellow:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, snogger said:

Aurora???... Really??? :mellow:

She helps make up the strongest level of end game eye candy in many a season.  

Edited by Nick Vermeil

Just now, Nick Vermeil said:

She helps make up the strongest level of end game eye candy in many a season.  

Oof

• Like 3

Rick :bow:  Unfortunately HUGE moves like that put an even bigger target on you back 

Ron = OUCH

I think a lot of the ladies look better on the island. I personally prefer a natural look, not a fan of makeup and dolled up hair :shrug: 

• Like 2

Starting to like Devens.  He's been one of the best players if not the best this season and deserves the win as much as anyone else.  But his game and social jabs have put him in a tough spot now.  Looks like he has to find another idol or keep winning challenges.  

Glad to see Ron packing.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Starting to like Devens.  He's been one of the best players if not the best this season and deserves the win as much as anyone else.  But his game and social jabs have put him in a tough spot now.  Looks like he has to find another idol or keep winning challenges.  

Glad to see Ron packing.  

I like him as well.  Might he be trying to paint himself as the guy to take to the end because everyone hates him?  Otherwise i just dont get why he continues with the social jabs. 

3 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

I like him as well.  Might he be trying to paint himself as the guy to take to the end because everyone hates him?  Otherwise i just dont get why he continues with the social jabs. 

Agree.  He's likable most of the time but how he gloated and told Ron how he messed up, etc.  The jury seemed to like it but he may have lost Ron's vote if he pissed him off.  But then again, the others up there seemed to like his antics at TC.  Of the guys left I pull for him.  Don't think Gavin deserves it or is getting the winner's edit.  I still like Lauren and Victoria from the girl side.  

It should be interesting to see who comes back in at the last minute from edge beach.  Say Joe or Aubrey wins that last challenge to get back in the game.  Would the jury vote him/her over those that didn't get voted out before?  Whoever comes out has been with the others out there for a lot of the time, bonding.  Interested to see how the final jury votes and why.  

1 minute ago, Jayrok said:

It should be interesting to see who comes back in at the last minute from edge beach.  Say Joe or Aubrey wins that last challenge to get back in the game.  Would the jury vote him/her over those that didn't get voted out before?  Whoever comes out has been with the others out there for a lot of the time, bonding.  Interested to see how the final jury votes and why.  

A different dimension than we've seen but I'd be shocked if the winner came from someone out of the game for a big chunk of time.

4 minutes ago, DropKick said:

Ron with the classic Survivor kiss of death, the  "I'm in control of this game" brag.

Gets em every time.  I like how he said (I think it was last week) how since wardog is gone, he's the biggest threat left.  huh?  He stayed in this long because he was never a threat to win immunity.  He was fortunate to be in the first tribe with Joe and after that he had numbers for awhile.  He's delusional to think he was in control of the game or think he was the biggest threat.  

3 minutes ago, DropKick said:

A different dimension than we've seen but I'd be shocked if the winner came from someone out of the game for a big chunk of time.

I'd be surprised too but they give one of them a chance to get back in.  That person could easily make the final three.  Their argument at final TC would be interesting to hear.  Have any of them done enough to earn the win?  Who knows?  

I know one thing... if Lauren, Vic, Devens or Gavin want to decide who goes to the final three they better get rid of Aurora and soon.  I was a little surprised she didn't stay up on the last challenge.  She's a physical challenge monster.  Her social game hasn't been awful but not the best.  But she's been a survivor the whole game.  Big threat.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I'd be surprised too but they give one of them a chance to get back in.  That person could easily make the final three.  Their argument at final TC would be interesting to hear.  Have any of them done enough to earn the win?  Who knows?  

Most seasons I wouldn't agree with you but this is definitely an exception.  I don't think anyone has a strong claim for the title.

17 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I know one thing... if Lauren, Vic, Devens or Gavin want to decide who goes to the final three they better get rid of Aurora and soon.  I was a little surprised she didn't stay up on the last challenge.  She's a physical challenge monster.  Her social game hasn't been awful but not the best.  But she's been a survivor the whole game.  Big threat.  

I thought she gave in too soon...  certainly earlier than I expected, maybe too confident?   I don't see them dropping their fixation on Devens.  At this point, it's somewhat unpredictable with Julie being an attractive goat for the final 3.

Surprised he was able to play the real idol after the fake one.  Didn't know you get a "2nd chance" after the idol you play is deemed fake.

2 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Surprised he was able to play the real idol after the fake one.  Didn't know you get a "2nd chance" after the idol you play is deemed fake.

Wouldn't expect otherwise...

You could play an idol for yourself.... than another on someone else... etc.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Response from anyone left ... I can say that I was never voted out.

16 minutes ago, DropKick said:

Wouldn't expect otherwise...

You could play an idol for yourself.... than another on someone else... etc.

Yep.  I’ve seen in the past where folks decide to play their idols simply because someone else played one.  Until the votes are read, you can play as many as you want.

• Like 2

They better get Devens out soon, because if he gets to the jury vote he's winning this thing.  He's played super well just to stay alive.

And the mini speech he gave about Ron and Julie was up there with some of the all-time greats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PinkydaPimp said:

To his credit, his social jabs usually only come when someone tries to punch him first with actions against him and not just words.  Calls out Aurora when she went through his bag, calls out the other two when they did him dirty with the expired advantage.  In the past, when it's been words against him, he's used logical arguments instead of  social jabs.  He's playing the jury well, even though he probably should tone down the celebration afterwards a bit.

• Like 1

Victoria, Lauren and Julie are goats at this point, devens has the jury votes so must vote out.   Only aurora and Gavin can make good argument for winning.  Aurora for challenge ability and doing it alone.  Gavin for flipping the votes a couple of times to get out big targets.  Wild card is who returns...