What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (2 Viewers)

Watching episode 1 of AUS... are the shows this slow all the time? Damn.

Also, 50 days... how is the weight loss and is a lot of food provided like the US version?

According to Inside Survivor, there will be two tribes this season. Currently, they’ve been revealed only as Blue Tribe and Red Tribe, though it’s likely those names will change. 

As of now, Blue Tribe consists of Amber Mariano, Kim Spradlin-Wolfe, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Sarah Lacina, Sophie Clarke, Nick Wilson, Tony Vlachos, Tyson Apostol, Wendell Holland, and Yul Kwon.

Red Tribe is composed of, Adam Klein, Ben Driebergen, Ethan Zohn, Jeremy Collins, Rob Mariano, Danni Boatwright, Denise Stapley, Michele Fitzgerald, Natalie Anderson, and Parvati Shallow.

A new twist revealed

When Survivor: Winners at War was announced, fans were already over the moon with the all-star twist. But, it turns out that’s not all Jeff Probst had in store for us. It seems as if there’s a new money-based twist involved in Winners at War, and also the return of a controversial twist, Extinction Island. 

It seems as if the money-based twist is a sort of Survivor currency. According to Inside Survivor, “…at the start of the game, each player is given a certain amount of Survivor ‘money.’ This money can then be exchanged for rewards, comfort items, and advantages throughout the season. When a player is voted out, they must will their money and any purchased items to another player still in the game, much like the Legacy Advantage.”

It seems that this time around, players who end up on Extinction Island will be able to send advantages to other players. However, those advantages will be bought with currency, which Extinction Island members can then use the currency they gain to pay for comfort items or food. 

Also, 50 days... how is the weight loss and is a lot of food provided like the US version?
I don't know they don't seem slow to me challenges seem a lot tougher.  Be sure to watch the season 3 I think the final challenge is the best they have ever had on any Survivor.

I like the 24 player thing probably why they are out longer.

According to Inside Survivor, there will be two tribes this season. Currently, they’ve been revealed only as Blue Tribe and Red Tribe, though it’s likely those names will change. 

As of now, Blue Tribe consists of Amber Mariano, Kim Spradlin-Wolfe, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Sarah Lacina, Sophie Clarke, Nick Wilson, Tony Vlachos, Tyson Apostol, Wendell Holland, and Yul Kwon.

Red Tribe is composed of, Adam Klein, Ben Driebergen, Ethan Zohn, Jeremy Collins, Rob Mariano, Danni Boatwright, Denise Stapley, Michele Fitzgerald, Natalie Anderson, and Parvati Shallow.
Is this the one where there are going to be statues of Rob and Sandra it sounded kind of hokie to me.

Haven’t watched it yet(ETA:  watching it now  :excited: so happy Luke is back) but Aussie seasons definitely show more strategy being talked and do more character development than our version.  Which means it should pick up.  They play very aggressive over there too which makes for great tv and their twists are creative.  I would go back and watch the last two seasons first if you can.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Survivor Australia season 4 ep 24 had some interesting elements I've never seen before.

1. The challenge was to stay hanging/standing on 18 numbered pegs stuck in a big board. Random numbers are drawn to be removed and the players need to pull out the numbered peg without falling off the board. Last player to hang on wins.

2. Winner of the challenge gets to remove 1 member of the jury at that evening's tribal.

I'd like to see both of these added to the U.S. version at some point.

Hey @Henry FordI believe you can go here https://10play.com.au/.  I use a firestick and use the Cinema app.  Its a real simple app to install as I was able to do it and I am a slow adapter to technology.  If your hesitant to use the app because of pirating just don't watch anything you couldn't get for free anyway.
I may or may not have watched the entirety of Season 3 in three days.  Thanks again.

damn, some of these people have spent half their adult lives on this show

:wub:

Haven’t watched it yet(ETA:  watching it now  :excited: so happy Luke is back) but Aussie seasons definitely show more strategy being talked and do more character development than our version.  Which means it should pick up.  They play very aggressive over there too which makes for great tv and their twists are creative.  I would go back and watch the last two seasons first if you can.  
I just happened to get access to all seasons of Survivor Australia. Now should I go back just 2 seasons or go back to season 1? 

The episodes are also longer.

Too bad for them they have to play 40% more for half our prize (minus exchange rate).

Just to be clear, this above is NOT going to be the next season of Survivor.  What is described above is scheduled for next spring.

This fall will be Island of the Idols, where Rob and Sandra act as mentors for each tribe.

This fall will be Island of the Idols, where Rob and Sandra act as mentors for each tribe.

This will need an incredibly well-cast group of newcomers to keep from being awful. 

If they were going to do this terrible idea, it should have been with two provider/challenge beast types who are fan favorites but never have a chance to win due to lack of social game. Unfortunately these types have all played like 4 times already. But as a warm-up to the all-winners season, they could have tested out the new survivor currency idea by letting tribes pay out of a tribe budget for a challenge beast to take someone's place, give them pointers, teach them to fish, etc. Make them argue and decide as a group what the most pivotal challenges are to call in someone like Ozzy or whoever. Early, to get a leg up? Or does that risk a tribe swap too soon if things become lopsided? Later, to make sure your alliance reaches the merge? And every day that you fail to survive on your own (as a tie-in with this concept it would have to be a tough low-supplies season like the early days of the show) and need to purchase help from one of the mentors, that's less money you have to outbid the other tribe for the mentors' Immunity Challenge assistance at a pivotal moment. 

Instead it's going to be Rob and Sandra who are insufferable to begin with by this point, but also don't have a ton of actionable advice for tribes who need their "help". What advice is Sandra going to give a tribe? Keep your heads down and go with the majority? And she's a noted camp zero who pretty much just hangs around and does just enough to not piss anyone off. So she's not helping you survive either. 

I am not usually one who pushes back on twists, or returning players, or anything over the years. I often think that the seasons people say are bad are good, because the game is great. I consider every rule change or twist or experiment, whether I like it or not, to be just the next step in the evolution of this great game. That said, it should be clear that I'm not a backseat driver type who second-guesses the producers. But...this whole concept seems like a great way to kill momentum right before your huge all-winners double-prize bonanza. And sticking Rob and Sandra in viewers' faces now instead of waiting and relying on some of the old nostalgia to kick in during the all-winners season...poor planning. People are going to be sick of them (already are) before that season even begins.

Australian survivor spoiler

Just finished episode 7.  The balls on Luke and David not using their idols.  Brutal blindside. 

Australian survivor is ####### ridiculous.

David is just great TV.  Harry is insane and as well.  I really wish they didnt have that twist because i was curious how the vote would have gone.  But it was a great twist.  US needs better twists like that.  I love that the two tribes are playing smart even when separated on different tribes.  im not caught up yet.  On episode 11.  oh and i really hope they bring some of these players to us.  These australians are savage. 

Australian survivor is ####### ridiculous.

David is just great TV.  Harry is insane and as well.  I really wish they didnt have that twist because i was curious how the vote would have gone.  But it was a great twist.  US needs better twists like that.  I love that the two tribes are playing smart even when separated on different tribes.  im not caught up yet.  On episode 11.  oh and i really hope they bring some of these players to us.  These australians are savage. 
Yea it really is head and shoulders above our version now.  Challenges seem to be tougher and the casting is much better in my opinion.  They seem to have much more interesting contestants.  They still use the old editing tricks thought for sure my favorite was going home last episode.

Yea it really is head and shoulders above our version now.  Challenges seem to be tougher and the casting is much better in my opinion.  They seem to have much more interesting contestants.  They still use the old editing tricks thought for sure my favorite was going home last episode.
I just finished episode 15......  I’ll catch up today though.

oh and i just found this out today.  Over on the survivor reddit some players Baden specifically are doing recaps and adding insight into why they made specific moves.  Very interesting stuff.  

Man i i have no idea how this is going to end!!

A new twist revealed

When Survivor: Winners at War was announced, fans were already over the moon with the all-star twist. But, it turns out that’s not all Jeff Probst had in store for us. It seems as if there’s a new money-based twist involved in Winners at War, and also the return of a controversial twist, Extinction Island. 

It seems as if the money-based twist is a sort of Survivor currency. According to Inside Survivor, “…at the start of the game, each player is given a certain amount of Survivor ‘money.’ This money can then be exchanged for rewards, comfort items, and advantages throughout the season. When a player is voted out, they must will their money and any purchased items to another player still in the game, much like the Legacy Advantage.”

It seems that this time around, players who end up on Extinction Island will be able to send advantages to other players. However, those advantages will be bought with currency, which Extinction Island members can then use the currency they gain to pay for comfort items or food. 
this sounds so awful to me....why do they feel they the need to keep jacking with this show.....at its "core concept" it was one of my favorite shows.......they have slowly moved so far away from it actually being "survivor" its not even funny....I loved the old school days....all these twists and comforts and #### seem unnecessary and really cheapen the victory at the end IMO....too many idols, second chances, comforts, advantages,etc....

Stinkin Ref said:
this sounds so awful to me....why do they feel they the need to keep jacking with this show.....at its "core concept" it was one of my favorite shows.......they have slowly moved so far away from it actually being "survivor" its not even funny....I loved the old school days....all these twists and comforts and #### seem unnecessary and really cheapen the victory at the end IMO....too many idols, second chances, comforts, advantages,etc....
I must not have seen that post, but I agree. We already have too many things in play now. I mean what are the odds that players find an immunity idol every tribal? It’s not as much fun when 3 or 4 people have immunity. This seems like it would add even more of that. I’d rather see things like picking rewards teams and then surprising them with a losing team goes to tribal. The show sucks without IIs watching one majority whittle down another so I’d rather see voting changes than more hidden rewards and being able to give away more hidden rewards.

Here’s a concept that would be interesting. How about a concept where from one tribal to the next the only people who can be voted off are the people who voted for the last person voted off? I have no idea how it’d work but it sure would make the people at the bottom of alliances think twice and flip flop more often. 

I just started Australia Season 5 - champs vs contenders... the army guy knocked down 3 slabs with his final throw for immunity. It was a like a 7-10 split too. :lol:   Amazing.

survivor australia season 6 episode 22.  Sheesh.  I get anxiety from these episodes!!

helluva move by luke.  I thought for sure you send pia home and let them fight amongst themselves but they executed perfectly.  And i think that is the correct move. 

I appreciate the Survivor Australia stuff in spoiler boxes :)   Survivor South Africa just wrapped up on Thursday and Survivor US is coming up and I don't like to overlap seasons, so I'm holding off on Survivor AUS until the break between US seasons. 
How was South Africa?  I started watching it but abandoned it once Australia started.

Regarding episode 22 Australian survivor

so i was trying to figure this out and found a few things.  1st, Luke had that advantage for a few weeks and had to play it at this council.  second and ill quote

"4 people left, if Luke and Pia vote for anyone (he told Abbey that it would be Harry) and Abby and Harry vote for pia, then it’s a draw. A draw means the people with no vote would re-vote, with Luke voting “Harry” (even though that was never the plan) and Abby voting pia - this results in a draw again. They then forgo votes and go to persuasion. Of persuasion doesn’t go anywhere then each player with votes is safe, Luke with immunity is also safe, so Abby would be drawing rocks alone. Luke explained this to her so he told her to vote Harry right away. Regardless, the result was up to Luke and pia due to a draw practically only resulting in Harry or Abby being voted out"

Initially i thought why not send Pia back to camp but this makes sense.  Great move.

Gawd    Don't open spoiler if your still watching latest Australian Survivor.

One thing the two versions have in common is that if you are perceived as a strong player or other players think you have a good back story you had best run the table at the end or you are gone.  Really hated to see Luke go probably my favorite player of all time,  but it looks like he is another Ozzy just can't get over the hump.

Gawd    Don't open spoiler if your still watching latest Australian Survivor.

One thing the two versions have in common is that if you are perceived as a strong player or other players think you have a good back story you had best run the table at the end or you are gone.  Really hated to see Luke go probably my favorite player of all time,  but it looks like he is another Ozzy just can't get over the hump.

i have to say they did a great job with the editing on that episode where luke was voted out.  It was kind of the finale in a sense.  Best player ive seen.  Sucks he couldnt bring it home.  I think hes a MUCH better player than ozzy. His social and strategic game are outstanding.  And he only became a comp beast this season.  

Australian survivor finale comments

great season.  If luke didnt get it i thought Harry played the next best game.  But Pia over Baden was a no brainer and she killed him in the final tribal.  I hope US has learned from the australian version.  such a great show.  

I just started Australia Season 5 - champs vs contenders... the army guy knocked down 3 slabs with his final throw for immunity. It was a like a 7-10 split too. :lol:   Amazing.
Just finished watching that season tonight.  

It takes a lot of twists and turns from the beginning.  

Love this show but man are my expectations low for this season.

Sandra and Rob are both brutal tv. Rob really should have just gone away after they gifted him his victory
I have watched every episode of every season and I'm not even sure if I am watching tonight.

These have to be my 2 least favorite players to ever be on this show.  Gifted is a great word to describe what was done.  Shameful.

Users who are viewing this thread