What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (3 Viewers)

Missy throwing out a race card out of nowhere was very awkward...calling out Jeff for not "celebrating and acknowledging two black people winning immunity at the same time"....seriously...?....you are going to call him out for not thinking about race?......as mentioned very rarely on this show have two people had an immunity necklace to begin with....I don't get the agenda of why it is bad he didn't "think" to celebrate two black people having them.....
So very bad.   I knew Jeff would be nice about it, but I really wanted him to make her look stupid for saying that.  He easily could have.

I gotta say, Dean's Fake Fake-Advantage-Idol wasn't that bad a play. Given the situation, he did about the best he could with it.
I don't understand the logic behind it.  He's not sure if the one he was given is fake or not, so he makes a fake to test it?  I mean, if the other one is legit, Jeff is going to know this one is fake regardless.  Right?  What did he learn?

I don't understand the logic behind it.  He's not sure if the one he was given is fake or not, so he makes a fake to test it?  I mean, if the other one is legit, Jeff is going to know this one is fake regardless.  Right?  What did he learn?
The only thing I can think of is that he thinks it is real, and now he still has the original one to use at 6 players left and no one thinks he has it.

The only thing I can think of is that he thinks it is real, and now he still has the original one to use at 6 players left and no one thinks he has it.
Interesting that Jamal meant to "stick" it to Dean with that fake advantage but Dean has made the most of it.  Although its authenticity was highly questionable, the threat of its play may have have been a deterrent in any attention coming Dean's way last episode.  Now everyone thinks that it is gone and, he believes, it might have some value.   Overall, well played and hopefully it doesn't blow up in his face in three weeks.

Sucks that Karishma is still around but at least the idol was flushed. With all the players going home with idols this season I was surprised Lauren played hers and wasted it. Too bad because she worked hard to get everything to fall into place for her to win it. 

Sucks that Karishma is still around but at least the idol was flushed. With all the players going home with idols this season I was surprised Lauren played hers and wasted it. Too bad because she worked hard to get everything to fall into place for her to win it. 
Yeah, she only played it because she knew they all voted Karishma. I don’t give her quite as much credit. The people who ate all were part of the alliance with Karishma and Liz being on the outs and Noura the wildcard. It was like knowing the 3 horses in a race, being able to pick 2 to win and knowing the 3rd had two broken legs. I’ll give her credit on calling the winners with Rob and Sandra, but I don’t think she really affected who played and who ate. Editing aside, it would have been real obvious on who was safe.

To give her credit, I would have liked to have seen her making sure her alliance split the vote so she would have no reason to play the idol until there was only one person outside of the alliance. That’s when it’s much riskier as an idol or a blindside is much more likely. With Liz and Karishma, neither do much if you split the vote. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Who wants to bet Karishma will magically find another idol in the next episode?
I cannot stand her at all. I still hate the way she found the idol. Had she not been picking up coconuts in a super lazy fashion she wouldn’t have even noticed or likely even looked.

It wouldn’t shock me at all if she “found” one.

I still don't get why everyone was scared of the Olympian physically. 

Unless the challenge is swimming, she has shown nothing.  And even in the one swimming challenge when she should have crushed, the old life guard was not that far behind.

I can see it getting to final six, everyone has an idol except Dean, who tries to play the fake legacy advantage and goes home 
Any way that the "fake" legacy advantage is actually real?  What I mean by that is they told him to come up with whatever he wants on the slip of paper.  They never said it wouldn't matter what he wrote on it.  What if they honor what is written on the paper?

Any way that the "fake" legacy advantage is actually real?  What I mean by that is they told him to come up with whatever he wants on the slip of paper.  They never said it wouldn't matter what he wrote on it.  What if they honor what is written on the paper?
That would be really funny but I thought that they did mention it wasn’t real, i.e. the point of it was to see if he could fake someone out. 

You would have thought Krishma and Elizabeth could have at least coordinated their vote.  After the way Dan interrupted them, he would have been an easy target.
I don’t think Karishma is playing with a full deck. She’s gotten lucky a lot and finding the idol was silly. Anyone with half a brain would keep Elizabeth rather than one week later becoming the easy target. Take out a leader in the alliance and work with the only other person that’s a target. She may get lucky again but besides having (no choice except stupidly not playing it) to play the idol, she didn’t do anything to improve her position.

yak651 said:
The thought occurred to me... might have to re-watch the scene.  Anyone know the episode?

Karishma blubbering yet zero tears. :rolleyes:
God she is annoying.  Guess she should be happy/grateful to see her husband, can't imagine anyone else would want to spend an extended period of time.  And she keeps getting saved each week with someone else's ineptitude.  Kinda wish the hillbilly chick didn't use her idol, wouldn't mind seeing her go to the end.

With Karisma is gone, I guess Norra is the drag along now.. No way she has any chance of winning.. That psycho tc stance would have been enough for me to vote her out.. and what the heck is up with Dan? Votes Norra and then celebrates like he just won a race after Karissma is voted out :loco:

They edited that weirdly. Why would Dean have done that, and then why wouldn’t the people who were supposed to be voting the redhead guy out be pissed about Dean blowing it up.

They edited that weirdly. Why would Dean have done that, and then why wouldn’t the people who were supposed to be voting the redhead guy out be pissed about Dean blowing it up.
He knew Nora was not to be trusted and tried to move the target off Karissma and onto Nora.. Could have worked as Dan flopped his vote...  I missed it though.. since Dan voted for Nora, did Dean or Elaine vote for Karrisma :confused:

Mjolnirs said:
That was a serious cluster of a tribal.
Seems like in the last couple seasons they have been letting people huddle up during tribal.  I thought previous to that, that wasn't allowed?  Or was it just that people didn't do it?

snogger said:
He knew Nora was not to be trusted and tried to move the target off Karissma and onto Nora.. Could have worked as Dan flopped his vote...  I missed it though.. since Dan voted for Nora, did Dean or Elaine vote for Karrisma :confused:
Dan, Janet, and Karisma voted for Nora, Everyone else voted for Karishma.

I think Dean and Elaine must have talked before tribal and decided that Nora couldn't be trusted at tribal and they were not going to win the vote. So Keep Crazy Nora around because she is likely to blow up at anytime. which could always hurt the majority.

Mjolnirs said:
That was a serious cluster of a tribal.
Sure was. After all the tribals where everyone was almost too nice to each other and nothing really crazy was said this one went of the rails fast.

snogger said:
With Karisma is gone, I guess Norra is the drag along now.. No way she has any chance of winning.. That psycho tc stance would have been enough for me to vote her out.. and what the heck is up with Dan? Votes Norra and then celebrates like he just won a race after Karissma is voted out :loco:
They were splitting the vote just in case Karishma had an idol. He was just happy that the overall vote worked and none of his 4 went home. The preview aside, he’s thinking that his four is now up 4-3 with Dean to help so that gets him to the final four.

Dan, Janet, and Karisma voted for Nora, Everyone else voted for Karishma.

I think Dean and Elaine must have talked before tribal and decided that Nora couldn't be trusted at tribal and they were not going to win the vote. So Keep Crazy Nora around because she is likely to blow up at anytime. which could always hurt the majority.
I think Dean flopped because of Noura’s instability. I don’t blame him, since what's her name saved him, he’s bailed on people at the right time. Love another day and put the target elsewhere. Noura is target #1 now and with a final 4, a swing vote person isn’t a bad play.

I can’t recall who disagreed with me that bailing on the girl who saved him was a good move (not telling her she was in danger), but I feel even stronger now. He’s going to go for a while. Noura and Elaine will be way higher targets and if the power 4 break up, which they will, he’s there as a swing vote.

He clearly hasn’t gotten a winner’s edit but he should be around a while. Elaine voted Noura as well so Noura won’t be able to turn it around on him. 

I like how an alliance "finds an idol" and "we're" safe and about to roll some heads.  Then first moment of uncertainty... "I'm playing this for me Jeff" or "I'm not going home tonight!"  

Love the reaction of the "alliance" members.  No one wants to play an idol for anyone else but themselves.  

Last week's TC was funny when Lauren panicked after Karisha played her idol.  Wasted her "alliance" idol because she got paranoid.  Tommy was all  :o

And another idol misplayed by Elaine last night.  

Okay here's what I don't understand about the 3-2 majority split with 8 left. If the person who gets three votes has an idol, then the person who gets 2 votes could still be safe if the 3 people not in the alliance vote for one of the majority.

I like how an alliance "finds an idol" and "we're" safe and about to roll some heads.  Then first moment of uncertainty... "I'm playing this for me Jeff" or "I'm not going home tonight!"  

Love the reaction of the "alliance" members.  No one wants to play an idol for anyone else but themselves.  

Last week's TC was funny when Lauren panicked after Karisha played her idol.  Wasted her "alliance" idol because she got paranoid.  Tommy was all  :o

And another idol misplayed by Elaine last night.  
Ive lost track of whether more idols left the game unplayed or were used incorrectly-worst season ever for idol use either way. The only way the minority alliance had a chance to not get picked off 1 by 1 the rest of the way was if Elaine used her idol on Karishma last night and voted out Tommy or Lauren instead.

I really wish they would end the tribal council get togethers and whisperings somehow. Hated this trend when it started 3-4 seasons ago and keep hoping it gets stopped. Maybe seat them further apart and if you leave your seat you lose your vote?

I've watched every season and this is honestly the first time I can say the female cast members are more interesting than the males. Usually the males dominate the story-lines and the females are the floaters. This year its the opposite. Noura, Missy, Janet, Elaine and Karishma are all very memorable players for me. Dan is probably the only guy I'll remember from this season.

still scratching my head a little on why Elaine used the idol after Noura announced that Elaine had one in front of everybody.....even with all the side talking there really wasn't enough time for them to develop a plan to "flush" it from her.....nobody was going to waste a vote on her just to flush it and even one or two votes wasn't going to send her home....so she should have just kept it.....I really don't feel she was in any danger of going home AT ALL....

Can you see Dan watching this season with his son and then trying to explain what happened 3-4 episodes ago?

I really wish they would end the tribal council get togethers and whisperings somehow. Hated this trend when it started 3-4 seasons ago and keep hoping it gets stopped. Maybe seat them further apart and if you leave your seat you lose your vote?
I actually thought it was interesting when it first became a thing, probably just because it was something different and it introduced some drama.  But now, I'm with you and find it annoying and somehow against the spirit of the game.

Also, I wonder how it's determined where people sit at tribal.  With all the whispering and subtle non-verbal communication that goes on, I certainly wouldn't want to be sitting in the front row.

I actually thought it was interesting when it first became a thing, probably just because it was something different and it introduced some drama.  But now, I'm with you and find it annoying and somehow against the spirit of the game.

Also, I wonder how it's determined where people sit at tribal.  With all the whispering and subtle non-verbal communication that goes on, I certainly wouldn't want to be sitting in the front row.
It was funny how Elaine just kind of plopped herself in the middle of one of the side conversations at one point, I laughed. 

still scratching my head a little on why Elaine used the idol after Noura announced that Elaine had one.....even with all the side talking there really wasn't enough time for them to develop a plan to "flush" it from her.....nobody was going to waste a vote on her just to flush it and even one or two votes wasn't going to send her home....so she should have just kept it.....I really don't feel she was in any danger of going home AT ALL....
I never fault someone for using an idol on themselves like they did in the last two episodes.  How would Elaine really know for sure that she wasn't the primary target to begin with?  If so, why wouldn't they keep her as the vote?  If she doesn't use it, they get rid of her and her idol.  If she does, they flush her idol and get rid of Noura.

Just make sure you're still around for another tribal and see if alliance situations change before then.

I don't know....I kind of like it....tests your ability to adapt on the fly when all hell breaks loose which says a lot about where you are at overall in the group instead of just a portion of the group....I enjoy it when people go to tribal and try to shake things up....if they are not allowed to talk to each other they would be at the mercy of Jeff asking them a question or raising their hand to speak or something....information revealed at tribals can really change the game for some players at the last minute....

It was funny how Elaine just kind of plopped herself in the middle of one of the side conversations at one point, I laughed. 
yeah that was awesome.....like your dog sticking their nose in wondering whats going on.....she even had that "hey look at me, I'm butting in face on".....she knew she wasn't going home so she didn't give a ####....

I never fault someone for using an idol on themselves like they did in the last two episodes.  How would Elaine really know for sure that she wasn't the primary target to begin with?  If so, why wouldn't they keep her as the vote?  If she doesn't use it, they get rid of her and her idol.  If she does, they flush her idol and get rid of Noura.

Just make sure you're still around for another tribal and see if alliance situations change before then.
even if Elaine was an initial target heading in.....Noura announcing and going bat ### crazy IMO totally had them take the focus off of Elaine (even if there was one) and onto Noura or Karishma (which is exactly what happened).....I don't feel she read the room right....don't get me wrong....live to see another day.....but if I was her even without knowing what the plan was going in.....I still would have "taken the chance" based on the the way tribal went down....Elaine said on the way to tribal..."go big or go home" ....that would have been a huge move for her to hang onto that idol, guaranteeing her two more tribals or maybe more if she wins immunity....game changing moment she misread big time IMO.....

eta: if tribal doesn't go down like that she plays it no matter what.....but as soon as everybody knew she had it, you could see that plans got changed at the last minute, and again not enough time for them to talk about who should still vote for Elaine and who should then also vote for either Noura or Karishma.....game changed in 5 minutes for her big time..

Users who are viewing this thread