What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (2 Viewers)

I think Sandra woke a beast. When Rob sees Amber was voted out it's good bye for everyone. Sandra better hope she doesn't make it with Rob to the tribe conversions all hell will break lose especially if Amber can be the one to get back into the game 
Agreed. Lights out.

Yea i forgot about Jul, i like how hes approaching this game.  Ill be rooting for him too.  Boston Rob is screwed and they would be STUPID not to vote him out especially with his wife out now.  She would keep sending him advantages. 
It was stupid his tribe didn't try to vote him out already. I get why Amber got voted out but her reasoning and all just seems to be too personal. 

Excuse my ignorance but there's a Survivor Australia version? Not sure why my Cousins Fiancee who's from there ever told me this. 
Yes there has been about 4 seasons since they rebooted it. Really good it looks like their allstar season which is going now is going to smoke our Winners at War season if the episodes I have watched so far are any indication.

Yeah he wants it.  you gotta get him out early or he will earn the respect of his tribe.  

Surprised Sandra was so hurt that he didn’t tell her, although I think that might be total bs too.
I don't doubt it was BS. I think she was just jealous to see the huge advantage he was gaining and he's one of the most popular liked Contestants where the feeling on her is pretty much pure hatred. I think she feels a little robbed by that. He's already worked his magic on what's his name to spill the beans who was bringing his name up for vote. The newer players he'll have feeding by hand soon just because of how all struck they could be 

Yea i forgot about Jul, i like how hes approaching this game.  Ill be rooting for him too.  Boston Rob is screwed and they would be STUPID not to vote him out especially with his wife out now.  She would keep sending him advantages. 
Not sure when they will figure out that advantages are being sent.  This is a new twist, right now only Sandra knows.  

My big conspiracy is that Sandra is lying about Rob not telling her, otherwise everyone would think they were together.  Like kind of forcing a rob vs Sandra narrative.

My way out there conspiracy is that she’s good sending Amber to the island so she can pump advantages back to Rob but, again, that’s way out there. 

I forgot what a ##### Sandra was and how much I hated her. Jesus. 

I don't remember Jul but I really like him so far. And if not for Boston Rob Blue is going to Tribal 2 straight times in the premier. 
I like Sandra. Why does Boston Rob get all the credit for blue winning the challenge? Jeremy made all of his ring throws. 

Not sure when they will figure out that advantages are being sent.  This is a new twist, right now only Sandra knows.  

My big conspiracy is that Sandra is lying about Rob not telling her, otherwise everyone would think they were together.  Like kind of forcing a rob vs Sandra narrative.

My way out there conspiracy is that she’s good sending Amber to the island so she can pump advantages back to Rob but, again, that’s way out there. 
tbh i could see that.  Maybe they planned it.  To avoid a target and allow them to work together.  They spent ALOT of time out there so i have to imagine they knew and planned.

I don't doubt it was BS. I think she was just jealous to see the huge advantage he was gaining and he's one of the most popular liked Contestants where the feeling on her is pretty much pure hatred. I think she feels a little robbed by that. He's already worked his magic on what's his name to spill the beans who was bringing his name up for vote. The newer players he'll have feeding by hand soon just because of how all struck they could be 
I love her style, though it’s easy to see why people don’t like her.  Rob wins respect by absolutely dominating challenges and with his commanding presence that dares you to cross him.

Sandra has an anyone but me way about her that just works.   

I like Sandra. Why does Boston Rob get all the credit for blue winning the challenge? Jeremy made all of his ring throws. 
They had huge issues with the rolling wheel. It wasn't until Rob took command and started flinging people over like Superman did they get going. Yes Jeremy gets credit for the ring throws but they don't get there without Rob they don't even get to the rings 

I mean the show has been over for 18 minutes. But yeah Jeremy dominated that ring throw, and he’s one of my favorite four players along with Rob, Sandra and Parvati.  If he can team up with Rob, then it’s lights out.  But he won’t be intimidated by Rob and he’s a beast himself.

Jeremy/Rob/Parvati/Sandra power alliance to final four would be amazing to see.  Jeremy has a shot at cementing himself as a legend of the game this season 

Jeremy just got blindsided by Rob/Pavarti right after he sniffed it out (asked Ben at Tribal in a whisper), they took out his #1 ally in Natalie. I don't think he's gonna be eager to work with them right now. But if he's smart he'd entertain it. He'll probably try to rally the others though.

Jeremy just got blindsided by Rob/Pavarti right after he sniffed it out (asked Ben at Tribal in a whisper), they took out his #1 ally in Natalie. I don't think he's gonna be eager to work with them right now. But if he's smart he'd entertain it. He'll probably try to rally the others though.
7 people voted out Natalie included Ben.

Last edited by a moderator:
7 people voted out Natalie. 
Yes, but he correctly ferreted out that it was a Rob/Parvati plot right before it happened, but too late to do anything about it. You're being logical but he'll see them (Rob and Parv) as being the reason all those people felt like they had to make that vote, and he'll probably campaign to "take the game back" from them with those others in on the vote. Just my opinion. He seemed pissed.

Yes, but he correctly ferreted out that it was a Rob/Parvati plot right before it happened, but too late to do anything about it. You're being logical but he'll see them (Rob and Parv) as being the reason all those people felt like they had to make that vote, and he'll probably campaign to "take the game back" from them with those others in on the vote. Just my opinion. He seemed pissed.
Was it a Rob/Parvati plot? It seemed to me the talk to get rid of Jeremy or Natalie came out of a conversation from Adam talking to Ben. I do agree Jeremy thinks it came from Rob. 

Yeah he wants it.  you gotta get him out early or he will earn the respect of his tribe.  

Surprised Sandra was so hurt that he didn’t tell her, although I think that might be total bs too.
I thought that was so weird.  There is 0 chance she didn't know he was playing, one of the production crew would have let something slip.  She's trying to play people.

I've always like Yul and will be pulling for him again.  Right now, my hope for the winner is the same philosophy the "Queen" always spouts:  Anyone but Sandra.

Wow, Boston Blob being overrated already here.

But I am looking forward to him and the Queen going at it, hopefully Thunderdome style.

Wow, Boston Blob being overrated already here.

But I am looking forward to him and the Queen going at it, hopefully Thunderdome style.
but here's the thing: they just spent "37 days together on Island of the Idols"...it suits her game perfectly to crap all over Rob and then work with him (and with/without Amber) to get to the end for $2MM. i can't imagine she was #blindsided about Rob's appearance in a season she was already signed up for. 

Of all the people you could give a HI to, Sandra would be last.. Just :loco:  
Why? 

Natalie was already out of the game, so, she's not playing against Sandra.

Idol is only good for the next 3 tribals, so unlikely Natalie will be back by then.

So, her only concern was which of the other players would be most likely to give up the coin for the idol, and anyone who's seen Sandra play knows her strategy of "I'll do anything if the next player going home isn't me" is perfect for this decision.

Really, no brainer.
Mainly due to the fact she has won twice already.. Why give her an advantage to keep her in the game?
IMO, #1 target should have been Rob or Pavariti on the one tribe, and Sandra on the other.

Granted it is only the first week, but I'm amazed that previous winners are already 🐑 following Sandra/Rob/Pavaritti to their own slaughter.

I like Yul, Jeremy, Wendell, Sarah, and Ethan.  I don't think Ethan has a chance in this style of game play.  

Amber is out of her element in this fast pace style as well.  She needs some people to hide behind.  

Feel bad for Natalie and hope she gets back into the game somehow.  

I'll be pulling for one of the 4 above.  I'd be okay with Nick as well.  I don't remember Denise or Sophie and I don't think I've missed more than a season or two.  

Season is already shaping up to be a great ride.  Looking forward to how it pans out.  The fire token thing could get interesting. 

I imagine the network wants a Rob and Sandra fight at the finish.  Sandra is already doing her thing, spreading lies and standing behind everyone.  Amazing how she stays in these games for so long.  

Granted it is only the first week, but I'm amazed that previous winners are already 🐑 following Sandra/Rob/Pavaritti to their own slaughter.
It's fear.

Rob and Sandra both know how to leverage their perceived strength.  And they do it in the open -- "you're not going to tell me?  I feel like we may have trouble working together."  And there it is.  Now they start having doubts about being on the outs with someone they know has the influence and skill to hurt them.  Especially in a chaotic environment where alliances haven't been established yet.

but here's the thing: they just spent "37 days together on Island of the Idols"...it suits her game perfectly to crap all over Rob and then work with him (and with/without Amber) to get to the end for $2MM. i can't imagine she was #blindsided about Rob's appearance in a season she was already signed up for. 
Agree.  No way she and Rob didn't talk about this season while they were out there together that long.  It's a season with only winners.  They're both cocky so it's hard to imagine they didn't talk about it.  I'd wager they spent time talking strategy in case (either) they are on the same tribe or opposite.  Who can imagine a winners only season without Rob and Sandra?  

She's already mentioned in episode one that she'll lie, cheat and do whatever it takes to get close to $2M.  Who wouldn't in a game like this?  

And there's people like Tony who wants to make sure she and Rob stay around post merge to be huge targets around camp to (he thinks) shield him.  Sandra is a master manipulator.  I'll bet she would use that to help keep herself around. 

It's fear.

Rob and Sandra both know how to leverage their perceived strength.  And they do it in the open -- "you're not going to tell me?  I feel like we may have trouble working together."  And there it is.  Now they start having doubts about being on the outs with someone they know has the influence and skill to hurt them.  Especially in a chaotic environment where alliances haven't been established yet.
The bold move would be to call his bluff.  Ben was a deer in the headlights but Danni is a smart cookie.  She could have said "of course I brought up your name, Rob.  Why wouldn't I?"  Then turn and talk to the entire tribe to remind them how Rob won his only winning season.  He didn't win anymore because his approach didn't work those times.  "This is what he does, he gathers soldiers to surround and insulate him... then when you realize what's going on and want to make a move, it's too late."  "Do we want to allow his game to flourish like that out here... on the first day?"  "He's too dangerous to help him reach the merge where he has Amber and whoever she has alliances with.  I don't want to see that happen.  It's $2M dollars.  We have a chance to squelch any notion of that early in the game.  No offense Rob, but it's a tribute to how well you play... a compliment.  But it's in all our best interest to vote you out."  

You'd think it would give those listening something to think about.  If it doesn't work and she gets voted off at least there's a safety net with Edge of Extinction.  

Everything she says is a lie. I honestly can’t believe she wasn’t a target. Tony and Sarah of all people are sucked into her even though they didn’t like each other. She’s the only two time winner and she’s not the first to go? So dumb. She would have been my target day 1. She’s a great player and not once did anyone question her. Some of these winners are great players but some you have to wonder about.

Season is already shaping up to be a great ride.  Looking forward to how it pans out.  The fire token thing could get interesting. 

I imagine the network wants a Rob and Sandra fight at the finish.  Sandra is already doing her thing, spreading lies and standing behind everyone.  Amazing how she stays in these games for so long.  
Yeah, so far two people on edge of extinction and 2 of 3 advantages go to Sandra and Rob. They split Rob and Sandra. Amber’s not the player that Rob is so she’s better to be on extinction working to help Rob. Natalie would have given the idol to Jeremy, but Sandra is her #2?

I’ll be honest that I don’t care for Sandra but she’s a great player. Again, how is she not the day 1 target. Kim, Amber and Tyson are 3 people and none of them are close to Sandra. If these people don’t see Sandra as the top threat to win the game, they are truly stupid. It couldn’t be more obvious who the biggest threats are and they already seem to be getting embedded like ticks.

Everything she says is a lie. I honestly can’t believe she wasn’t a target. Tony and Sarah of all people are sucked into her even though they didn’t like each other. She’s the only two time winner and she’s not the first to go? So dumb. She would have been my target day 1. She’s a great player and not once did anyone question her. Some of these winners are great players but some you have to wonder about.
Tony is frustrating.  He's already said he'd like to keep Sandra (and Rob) around for post-merge shield protection.  Thinking they'd be bigger targets.  While that is true, he's underestimating their ability to manipulate and gather strong alliances (in Rob's case).  He's also overestimating his own in-game abilities, imo.  I don't think others see him as the gigantic threat that he thinks he is.  

Yeah, so far two people on edge of extinction and 2 of 3 advantages go to Sandra and Rob. They split Rob and Sandra. Amber’s not the player that Rob is so she’s better to be on extinction working to help Rob. Natalie would have given the idol to Jeremy, but Sandra is her #2?

I’ll be honest that I don’t care for Sandra but she’s a great player. Again, how is she not the day 1 target. Kim, Amber and Tyson are 3 people and none of them are close to Sandra. If these people don’t see Sandra as the top threat to win the game, they are truly stupid. It couldn’t be more obvious who the biggest threats are and they already seem to be getting embedded like ticks.
It's almost as if CBS has a script of how the show should play out.  Rob acts upset that they voted off Amber but it helps him that she's out there.  At least in the short term.  

Not a fan of Edge of Extinction at all, but I do dig the new fire token concept.  Sandra, Rob, and Parvati all amaze me with their different play styles.  You'd think they'd have huge targets on their backs, yet not a single vote was cast for any of them.  Rob's social mastery over Ben in their conversation on the beach was just pure poetry to watch.  Same with his interaction with Dani when she brought his name up as a possible vote.  And yet neither Ben nor Dani left with a bad view of Rob when all was said and done.  The other player that really stood out to me in the premier was Yul.

P.S.  I got invited to a Fantasy Survivor game this year for the first time and it's good fun, especially with a larger group.  I'll have to remember create a FBG group for next season.  I picked Wendell as my overall winner, so hoping he goes far.  I do like his position at the moment, but I also know things can change in a heartbeat in this game.

Agree.  No way she and Rob didn't talk about this season while they were out there together that long.  It's a season with only winners.  They're both cocky so it's hard to imagine they didn't talk about it.  I'd wager they spent time talking strategy in case (either) they are on the same tribe or opposite.  Who can imagine a winners only season without Rob and Sandra?  

She's already mentioned in episode one that she'll lie, cheat and do whatever it takes to get close to $2M.  Who wouldn't in a game like this?  

And there's people like Tony who wants to make sure she and Rob stay around post merge to be huge targets around camp to (he thinks) shield him.  Sandra is a master manipulator.  I'll bet she would use that to help keep herself around. 
I actually believe Rob didn’t tell her. I think Sandra used that time to do something she’d never do in the game - chat and form a real relationship with a person because she didn’t have to leave her emotions out of the game for once. 

And I don’t think Rob ever stops playing. Including that time on the island. They really punched that moment on camera last season when Rob said he’d never play again. I was wondering why. 

Tony is frustrating.  He's already said he'd like to keep Sandra (and Rob) around for post-merge shield protection.  Thinking they'd be bigger targets.  While that is true, he's underestimating their ability to manipulate and gather strong alliances (in Rob's case).  He's also overestimating his own in-game abilities, imo.  I don't think others see him as the gigantic threat that he thinks he is.  
rob and sandra will understand this and oust him with the quickness. 

Enjoyed the episode.  Nice to see some of the former winner from a while ago.

Wasn't sure I was going to like the "Token" idea, but it seems interesting so far.

Not really a fan of Edge of Extinction, it's their way to keep all the players in the game as long as possible.  People get voted out but then they can help people still in the game and can still get back in.  This is a huge advantage for Rob/Amber.  She gave her token to Rob and then will be trying everything possible to earn more advantages to give to him.

Funny at Tribal Amber said we all have the same chance at winning the 2 million dollars, I was thinking, No, you have 2 chances. 

Not a Sandra fan at all, guess who sat out the challenge.  She never even has to compete.  What a disgrace of a winner. 

Interesting article

https://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-40-premiere/

Some notables

Jeff Probst told me before the game that some of the winners would not have come back without Edge. 

this was not actually a first tribe to three challenge but rather a first tribe to five, and Dakal won the two rounds you did not see.

Damn, Yul is good. He told me before the game all about the poker alliance and his fear of it and his hope to use it against them. And that is exactly what he did, painting immediate targets on Kim, Tyson, and Amber.

In the episode, you saw Jeremy and Ben whispering, but there was a LOT more than that. In fact, it was chaos. After those two whispered, then Natalie and Michele started. Then they whispered to Rob. Then Rob and Jeremy started in. Then Rob got up and went over to talk to Ethan. Then it was Michele getting up to chat with Parvati. Meanwhile, Jeremy talked to Ethan, then Adam, then Denise. Then it was Ethan whispering to Parvati, Ben whispering to Ethan, and Ethan and Rob chatting again.

Ben's vote: “I’m sorry,” is all Ben said. Perhaps he wanted to keep it short because he used his time to check under the paperweight for an idol or clue. (Smart man)

NICK (for Amber)
“Two shots at two million dollars is too many. You’re a nice lady. But I’ve seen Survivor: All-Stars and don’t want that to happen again.”

Some of the background creatures they show after the commercials seem brighter than Tony. Poor guy.

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Sandra ever telling lies to the camera.  Sure, she could lie to the other players about Rob not telling her, but she started off telling that to the camera, not to the other players.  Why would she make that up?

Rob's social mastery over Ben in their conversation on the beach was just pure poetry to watch.  Same with his interaction with Dani when she brought his name up as a possible vote. 
I didn't find anything masterful in Rob's conversation with Ben. Ben acted like a star struck idiot. It reminded me of the terrible season that Rob won. Rob's interaction with Dani was him trying to intimidate and grandstand, and she just answered his questions. I hope she wants to vote him out again and soon, but Ben can't be trusted, and she has to have the votes. 

I was disappointed that Natalie was voted off first. I thought she played a great game the year she won.  She can get back in the game, but I don't want to see a repeat of the Edge of Extinction season where Chris was voted out early and came back at the end and won. Hopefully there will be a significant difference about playing the game at EI.

Of all the people you could give a HI to, Sandra would be last.. Just :loco:  
As someone else mentioned, she was a sure bet to bite and spend her token for it.

Boston Rob worked his magic immediately. He will be out for blood. All in.
Yeh Ben was starstruck, but that's part of Rob's magic ... he used that to get info.

I can believe Rob didn't mention it to her ... but I'm willing to bet she didn't tell him either.

My top two right now are Yul and Ethan.

Users who are viewing this thread