What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (6 Viewers)

I believe people are keeping them around as bigger targets/shields come the merge then vote them off.  If you are Tony or Jeremy, you want a bigger target then you...
Plus, if you know everyone is gunning for them, you can avoid the blowback of being the person who pulls the trigger on them so early in the game. 

That challenge at the island was one of the worst Survivor has ever devised.
Hey I know, let's make people who have barely had anything to eat walk up a treacuous hillside 20 Times for a Token.. Nothing possibly bad could happen.. could it :oldunsure:  
They are very lucky Ethan, or someone else, didn't collapse on those stairs from exhaustion and fall to their death. 

And it is quite obvious now people are looking at Sandra with the  "She doesn't do challenges, so don't need to worry about her winning immunity so can take her out later" eyes..  🐑

What happened to can't sit out back to back challenges? Seems they need to bring that back.
Even though Jeff usually says "back to back challenges" it has usually just meant both challenges in a single episode (one for immunity and one for reward). Since there's been only 1 challenge per episode so far (for both) it hasn't been an issue.

But yeah, its incredibly lame and I have absolutely no idea why they're letting her get away with it, given her history. if she wins this this thing, I will just lose it.

snogger said:
Hey I know, let's make people who have barely had anything to eat walk up a treacuous hillside 20 Times for a Token.. Nothing possibly bad could happen.. could it :oldunsure:  
They are very lucky Ethan, or someone else, didn't collapse on those stairs from exhaustion and fall to their death. 

And it is quite obvious now people are looking at Sandra with the  "She doesn't do challenges, so don't need to worry about her winning immunity so can take her out later" eyes..  🐑
Just watched both US and Aussie latest episodes the challenges do seem to be getting a little extreme. The one on the Aussie version reminded me more of torture than anything else.

TLEF316 said:
huskers15 said:
What happened to can't sit out back to back challenges? Seems they need to bring that back.
Even though Jeff usually says "back to back challenges" it has usually just meant both challenges in a single episode (one for immunity and one for reward). Since there's been only 1 challenge per episode so far (for both) it hasn't been an issue.

But yeah, its incredibly lame and I have absolutely no idea why they're letting her get away with it, given her history. if she wins this this thing, I will just lose it.
yea, since Reward and Immunity is the same challenge there are no rules..
The fact she not only celebrates doing nothing to help her tribe, but that the rest of tribe thinks it is funny is  the reason I will continue to call them   🐑 

What an epic comeback in the challenge- one tribe was already working on the puzzle before the other even had all their keys. Rob really redeemed himself in this comeback win and kept Adam from going home.

How Sandra and Rob have received zero votes combined is amazing, they should have been the first from each tribe to go. 

I wonder how long the firewood thing on the island actually took. Looked like there was plenty of daylight left when they finished that thye could have taken more rest and water breaks and still finished.

Can't remember how fire tokens get used. Can you use them anytime you want or only at certain times in the game?

What an epic comeback in the challenge- one tribe was already working on the puzzle before the other even had all their keys. Rob really redeemed himself in this comeback win and kept Adam from going home.

How Sandra and Rob have received zero votes combined is amazing, they should have been the first from each tribe to go. 

I wonder how long the firewood thing on the island actually took. Looked like there was plenty of daylight left when they finished that thye could have taken more rest and water breaks and still finished.

Can't remember how fire tokens get used. Can you use them anytime you want or only at certain times in the game?
Yep, at first I thought only one would get the token.  But if all you had to do to finish is get a token, why not take your time?  What else do you have to do all day over there?

I'm sure it wasn't that easy to figure out the timing of it.

Obviously you have a general idea of how long it takes you to make a run (although it presumably took longer as they got tired) and what time it is (based on sun position) but you don't REALLY know how much wiggle room you have to get done on time.

Combine that with their general condition and the fear of not finishing and it's not a shock that they rushed to finish rather than pacing themselves.

I would be very curious to see how long each run took. Is it 10 minutes up and back  or is it 30?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea Sandra doing a celly every time she gets to sit out is so annoying.   Looks like everyone is letting her play the same game she has won with previously.  She isn’t even on anyone’s radar, at least rob gets a mention here and there about getting the boot.  ugh 

Yea Sandra doing a celly every time she gets to sit out is so annoying.   Looks like everyone is letting her play the same game she has won with previously.  She isn’t even on anyone’s radar, at least rob gets a mention here and there about getting the boot.  ugh 
She ruining the season for me.  Supposed to a winners, best of the best season and she just coasts as usual.  Said it before and I'll say it again, both of her wins were a travesty.

snogger said:

There's gotta be some rough cost/benefit analysis going on before attempting that sort of challenge. If I'm taking in 500 calories a day (just my rough guess), I'm not sure I wouldn't quit after 3-5 trips up&down that mountain. But that group seemed to have been through more hardship in life than I have so maybe they're able to push through the pain better than me.
I didn't know Natalie was a crossfiter, that makes more sense why she's so good at the physical stuff.

She ruining the season for me.  Supposed to a winners, best of the best season and she just coasts as usual.  Said it before and I'll say it again, both of her wins were a travesty.
I'm of the opinion that she's a genius. It's the same strategy every single time yet it works. Don't hate Sandra, hate her competition who aren't forcing her to change her game. :shrug:  

I'm of the opinion that she's a genius. It's the same strategy every single time yet it works. Don't hate Sandra, hate her competition who aren't forcing her to change her game. :shrug:  
Tony and Sarah are not smart. They wanted to keep a shield and then they just went with Sandra and voted Tyson. With Sandra and the 4 not connected people, who do they think are the next two to go? I know there’s a tribe swap from the previews but at that point right there. Sandra’s not sticking with them at 4-4. She does whatever it takes to stay alive. She’ll flop to the 4, not stick with the 3. It’s amazing how little people pay attention. Tyson was the same as Adam. Don’t go to Yul and Wendell if you think that the non-connected people are gunning for you. He was doing a good job of convincing everyone except Sandra and only needed 5 votes. Don’t try to get 8.

Michele’s only real camera time has been spent telling others how she is seen as an unworthy champion. It feels like foreshadowing she’ll be around for a jury speech. 

Take a seat on the "Sandra bench."  That should be the name of the sideline bench for the duration of the series.  

Didn't they used to say you can't sit out a challenge two times in a row?  Seems unfair to the other tribe having a weak challenge player sit out all the time.  Everyone should participate.

It was pretty cool to see the other women do the last hike with Ethan.  

Colossal meltdown on the puzzle challenge. 

Take a seat on the "Sandra bench."  That should be the name of the sideline bench for the duration of the series.  

Didn't they used to say you can't sit out a challenge two times in a row?  Seems unfair to the other tribe having a weak challenge player sit out all the time.  Everyone should participate.

It was pretty cool to see the other women do the last hike with Ethan.  

Colossal meltdown on the puzzle challenge. 
We mentioned that above.. Due to the fact the Reward and the Immunity challenges have been one, the old "Can't sit out two in a row" is a non-factor.
Hopefully they will return to splitting the two out and we can all :lol:  at Sandra trying to compete.

You HAVE to play the steal vote idol if you are Sarah.. Right?? Makes zero sense to keep it for a "might need it later" when you absolutely can take control by ousting Rob.. :popcorn:

Nice blindside :thumbup: .. Had to be editing done to not show us Sarah and Sophie getting Adam and Ben on board.. Only explanation for neither advantage being played

Last edited by a moderator:
Halfway through the episode I knew Rob was gone when they edited it to make it look like he was gaining some control back.

About time they vote home off.

You HAVE to play the steal vote idol if you are Sarah.. Right?? Makes zero sense to keep it for a "might need it later" when you absolutely can take control by ousting Rob.. :popcorn:
Sarah must have been super confident that the vote was going Rob's way to not use her steal a vote.  I still think it was crazy not to use it.  She steals the vote and it's pretty much a guarantee they can send Rob home.  I don't think I would have taken a risk.

Amazing that they went along with Rob and just sat in camp all day.  Ben and Adam must have discussed it and decided it was best to let Rob think they were in on his plan and then just vote him out.

So glad he is now on extinction.  Just need Sandra next and then Natalie can win her way back in and the rest can be gone.

Wingnut said:
Halfway through the episode I knew Rob was gone when they edited it to make it look like he was gaining some control back.

About time they vote home off.
Yeah it was pretty obvious early in the episode that not only would that tribe lose but Rob would go. 
I think the majority of the 14 left may have some type of advantage at this point. 

rick6668 said:
Amazing that they went along with Rob and just sat in camp all day.  Ben and Adam must have discussed it and decided it was best to let Rob think they were in on his plan and then just vote him out.

So glad he is now on extinction.  Just need Sandra next and then Natalie can win her way back in and the rest can be gone.
I thought that was the case too.  It was edited out but it seems they did talk to Sophie/Sarah at least long enough to confirm they're voting Rob.  Or gave them a thumbs up hand gesture when Rob closed his eyes/nap.  

To just sit there like punished kids all day seems extremely unlikely.  At first I thought "why is everyone so afraid of that guy?"  Why not just tell him, look Rob, we like you and all but it's time to get your thumb off us.  Isn't personal, just business... we're sending you to EoE.  If anyone would appreciate a move like that, it would be Rob.

They may have got it out in the open at TC and was edited out.  

PinkydaPimp said:
oh so sarah didnt play the extra vote?  It was unclear to me. 
She didn't.  Sophie didn't either, which probably means they knew one or both of the other guys were voting out Rob.  

If Nat does come back she is going to have a lot of information re the advantages she sold. It will be interesting to see how that plays out if she does make it back in. 

Jonathan? I disagree. The New Zealand host, on the other hand, is a snarky weasel that tries too hard.
Yea I like Jonathan too. He seems to have a good rapport with the Aussie players kind of the same way Jeff does. I have been watching both current seasons and have to say Aussie version is winning hands down.

Yea I like Jonathan too. He seems to have a good rapport with the Aussie players kind of the same way Jeff does. I have been watching both current seasons and have to say Aussie version is winning hands down.
Ditto i like the Aussie host.  Not caught up yet but almost and this season is great as always.  

Users who are viewing this thread