What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (2 Viewers)

Definitely felt like Rob was going based on the heavy handed editing to make it look like the season Rob won, especially when neither one played their advantage.

That said, Ben and Adam pretty much screwed themselves. I’ve never understood being happy with getting yourselves into a tie knowing you have 0 advantages. Hate Rob all you want, get rid of one of them by telling them to vote Rob and make sure they know you are on board. Then next vote you split your vote (tell Rob you’re voting with him on Sarah and one of you votes Rob). If she’s got the idol Rob still goes home and then you have a 2-1 with no advantages. Ben and Adam are high fiving but they have no clue they are dead men walking unless saved by a merge.

Still love this season and I do think someone above may be right about more than one coming back from extinction. What if you can get enough tokens to buy back a person from there?

I can't wait to see Rob say "Hi Ambuh" on EoE! 
Considering how little footage there was of EoE this past episode (none?), they'll probably go heavy there again this week. 

At least I hope so. If there's a chance they're all still in the game, I hope we see some of their conversations/strategy talk and not just token reward challenges. 

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!  I was so hoping this was going to happen.  Hated she wasted the other idol but as soon as she offered the half now half later deal I was pretty sure she was going to do that.  I have really enjoyed this season.

The Sandra Sit Out bench has moved to the other island.

I told my wife that Jeremy would leave, she would play the idol and vote Sandra.  I was close.  Does Jeremy have to leave before the votes or can it be after he votes but before they are read?

I told my wife that Jeremy would leave, she would play the idol and vote Sandra.  I was close.  Does Jeremy have to leave before the votes or can it be after he votes but before they are read?
Before the vote, so he's safe but also doesn't get a vote.

I can't believe Sandra didn't sniff that out when Denise offered one now and one later.  I mean, if the immunity Sandra was offering wasn't real, then what would it matter to Denise whether or not she had the one token left?

OMG, one of the greatest Tribal's in years.  Was so hoping this was Denise's plan when she bought the immunity from Sandra.

LOL, she got played.  Sold her immunity to have it used to vote her out.  Epic.  Reminds me of Tyson basically voting himself off.

The only question left is does she quit now?  Can't imagine her winning her way back in.

That was awesome-great move by Denise!! Too bad she didnt keep the 2nd idol, she's used 3 idols the last couple weeks when she only needed 2 but I guess it's better than going home with an idol in your pocket.

Everyone else is hoarding fire tokens but Tyson's first thought after finding one is "lets go spend this"

That was awesome-great move by Denise!! Too bad she didnt keep the 2nd idol, she's used 3 idols the last couple weeks when she only needed 2 but I guess it's better than going home with an idol in your pocket.

Everyone else is hoarding fire tokens but Tyson's first thought after finding one is "lets go spend this"
Yea i was surprised she used the 2nd idol. But she needed to go big and change the tribe dynamics.  She did that and i think it was important for her to do.

I can't believe Sandra didn't sniff that out when Denise offered one now and one later.  I mean, if the immunity Sandra was offering wasn't real, then what would it matter to Denise whether or not she had the one token left?
And why didn’t Sandra vote for the person her and Denise agreed to target (assuming Tony)?

And why didn’t Sandra vote for the person her and Denise agreed to target (assuming Tony)?
So her hands were clean. She knew Jeremy was going to vote Denise, so no one would know she was in on it. 

But if she'd voted Tony just to be safe she might still be around.  Not sure how a revote would have worked at 1-1, but she'd have had a shot at least.

Sandra wanted this to be Denise's surprise to out out Tony/Jeremy.  She didn't want Kim and who was left of Tony/Jeremy to know she was in on it.  Sandra told Denise that she could not tell anyone that Sandra gave her the idol.  She just wanted one of those guys gone but Kim and Tony were set on Denise/Jeremy.

I gained a little respect for Sandra for trying this move, but was thrilled that it backfired so gloriously.

Great play by Denise.  Would have liked to keep the other idol for later but she didn't want to take chances and this way she cements a relationship with Jeremy.

I'm surprised Parv didn't manipulate the crush angle with Nick.  Seems she could have easily swayed him with her smile.  Maybe she tried and it didn't make the edit because he didn't bite or something. 

I was really hoping that Sandra would have left her remaining token(s) with Denise as she left as a sign of respect and "dang, girl, you got me... well played."   Thought it would have been a good look for her.  

Tyson is a dork.

Loved Tony's reaction.. "what the.. wait... how did you even..."  

I think Yul learned a little at TC as well.  

Find my self pulling for Denise at this point.  Such a good episode.  That said, she probably needs to find another idol now.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really hoping that Sandra would have left her remaining token(s) with Denise as she left as a sign of respect and "dang, girl, you got me... well played."   Thought it would have been a good look for her.  
I said the same thing to my family last night. That would have been really cool. 

All I wanted to see was Sandra voted out. And of course, DirecTV crapped out on the east coast just as they started to cast votes, so I missed it.

Seems about right

It made sense to me. Denise would just give her fire token to someone she liked. If Sandra can’t prove the idol is real I wouldn’t give her 2 tokens up front either. In hindsight sure, but that’s a pretty typical negotiation. Pay some up front so you get the idol and if the job gets done you get the rest. I don’t think Sandra should have been worried by that because she had nothing to prove the idol was real. What Sandra should have thought about was that she gave all the power to Denise and never once thought that Denise could get rid of her when she had no alliance with Denise before that moment.

Great play by Denise.  Would have liked to keep the other idol for later but she didn't want to take chances and this way she cements a relationship with Jeremy.

I'm surprised Parv didn't manipulate the crush angle with Nick.  Seems she could have easily swayed him with her smile.  Maybe she tried and it didn't make the edit because he didn't bite or something. 

Tyson is a dork.
Saving Jeremy doesn’t seem to help her more than having the idol. I would never give an idol to someone you’re not really aligned with if you could be next. She knew that she was getting the votes and if her idol from Sandra was real, she would be able to save hers. If the idol isn’t real she has to play her real one anyway. She and Jeremy weren’t close otherwise they would have been trying to turn Kim.

I can’t think of a good reason for her game to play the other idol for Jeremy. Next tribal she would have sent one of the 3 home anyway or Sandra was telling the truth and she could have become Sandra’s lackey to move forward with an idol. Without her idol, she may have used it on the guy who decides to turn on her next week just to stay in the game.

Saving Jeremy doesn’t seem to help her more than having the idol. I would never give an idol to someone you’re not really aligned with if you could be next. She knew that she was getting the votes and if her idol from Sandra was real, she would be able to save hers. If the idol isn’t real she has to play her real one anyway. She and Jeremy weren’t close otherwise they would have been trying to turn Kim.

I can’t think of a good reason for her game to play the other idol for Jeremy. Next tribal she would have sent one of the 3 home anyway or Sandra was telling the truth and she could have become Sandra’s lackey to move forward with an idol. Without her idol, she may have used it on the guy who decides to turn on her next week just to stay in the game.
Keeping the idol would have been better for sure, but she didn't know if the other group was (for sure) voting her or Jeremy.  Covering them both would ensure Sandra is leaving, even if they somehow slit their votes between her and Jeremy.  

She may have thought the idol Sandra gave her was fake and if it was, she would have just played her real idol for herself.  Sandra may have tried to sell her a fake idol for 2 fire tokens.  Once the idol was real, she shifted to protect her plan (of voting off Sandra) by saving Jeremy.  If she hadn't and the vote was Jeremy, she would have been in a world of hurt going forward.

The remaining players on that tribe have to respect her play.  Not that they won't try to vote her out next, but if she somehow can manage to get to the final, it was a move they'll never forget and hopefully she would gain their votes from a jury.  I thought she played it correctly.  

Now if Jeremy would have told Denise that he could save himself by leaving TC, she would have certainly not have given him her other idol.  

jhib said:
If that idol wasn't real Denise would have just used her real idol.  So having 1 token would be better than having none.

Sandra was in a tight spot because (IIRC) her idol was only good for that next TC.  Thought I heard them say that, could be wrong.  She figured she should at least get something out of it since she didn't need it herself because she had the numbers.  She should have considered, though, that Denise had an idol... that way she could have saved the idol for herself if needed that night.

But she's arrogant and was secure enough in her mind to try and use the idol to gain 2 tokens.  If she felt safe, the idol wasn't doing her any good going forward.  She took a chance and it backfired. And we all thank her for it.  

CBS must be happy that the tribe with 4 members won immunity and then the other two tribes had to reduce down from 5 to 4 members.
It's now 4-4-4..........wonder if they do it again next week with 2 vote offs.     If so, i'd imagine they would merge at that point with 10 (and maybe bring 1 back from EoE)

Question about fire tokens:
I read online somewhere where Probst was talking about fire tokens and that a player with multiple tokens can split their tokens between people after being voted off and said that players can do whatever they want in terms of distribution.

What if Denise made Sandra hide/bury that 2nd fire token back at camp as insurance?

i bet we're about to see those fire tokens start to ramp up in value or discussions that make a difference.

PinkydaPimp said:
Raging weasel said:

Yea i was surprised she used the 2nd idol. But she needed to go big and change the tribe dynamics.  She did that and i think it was important for her to do.
I think her concern was that Sandra would switch her vote from Denise to Jeremy knowing she told Denise the plan and gave the idol up.. It was a "better safe then sorry" move. :thumbup:  

Rob, then Parvati, then Sandra?  :excited:

Greatest consecutive weeks in Survivor history by a mile!  :pickle: :clap: :lmao:
Watching them now it is hard to believe they ever won.  Sandra is worthless,  Parv does not seem a threat at all and if the sheep don`t follow Rob he is a nobody. Rob has played a horrible game from the start.

Rob, then Parvati, then Sandra?  :excited:

Greatest consecutive weeks in Survivor history by a mile!  :pickle: :clap: :lmao:
Watching them now it is hard to believe they ever won.  Sandra is worthless,  Parv does not seem a threat at all and if the sheep don`t follow Rob he is a nobody. Rob has played a horrible game from the start.
If I recall that was always her game.. Pretend to be a 🐑 while actually redirect those "in charge"..
Always being worthless in challenges so no one sees her as a threat..
make it to the final 3 without making enemies and walk away with the money due to bitter feelings towards others.

Now if Jeremy would have told Denise that he could save himself by leaving TC, she would have certainly not have given him her other idol.  
That would have been interesting as this happens before voting.  Sandra would have flipped, knowing she gave Denise the idol, wonder what she what have done, but she would likely have voted Tony and maybe told Kim to also.  

That would have been interesting as this happens before voting.  Sandra would have flipped, knowing she gave Denise the idol, wonder what she what have done, but she would likely have voted Tony and maybe told Kim to also.  
It would have been interesting to watch her scramble around with Kim and possibly Yul.  Tony would have flipped his lid trying to figure out what was going on.

Has the Tony Bunker worked other than his original season? Once people know he does it is it worth even trying anymore? 

stbugs said:
It made sense to me. Denise would just give her fire token to someone she liked. If Sandra can’t prove the idol is real I wouldn’t give her 2 tokens up front either. In hindsight sure, but that’s a pretty typical negotiation. Pay some up front so you get the idol and if the job gets done you get the rest. I don’t think Sandra should have been worried by that because she had nothing to prove the idol was real. What Sandra should have thought about was that she gave all the power to Denise and never once thought that Denise could get rid of her when she had no alliance with Denise before that moment.
The problem, though, with Sandra agreeing to the one now one later arrangement was that she gave Denise extra incentive to vote her out like she did, as it would save herself a token. I think she just didn't take the time to think that through.

The problem, though, with Sandra agreeing to the one now one later arrangement was that she gave Denise extra incentive to vote her out like she did, as it would save herself a token. I think she just didn't take the time to think that through.
I don’t think the extra fire token had anything to do with Denise’s decision. It seemed pretty clear that she wasn’t willing to give away two tokens without knowing the idol was real. Completely reasonable and not something Sandra should have questioned.

Sandra’s mistake was not talking to Denise about who should go home. Kim is sort of harmless and Tony’s a goofball. All Denise needed was time to think and she’d realize Sandra is by far the biggest threat.

Also, if Denise was basing her decision on not spending one token then I don’t think she would have used her idol on Jeremy.

Has the Tony Bunker worked other than his original season? Once people know he does it is it worth even trying anymore? 
Clearly not since Sandra and Kim were talking about it and being careful talking. I think Sandra even mentioned not talking by the water hole. 

It would have been interesting to watch her scramble around with Kim and possibly Yul.  Tony would have flipped his lid trying to figure out what was going on.
Yul’s on the other tribe. If Jeremy left only Kim, Tony and Sandra left. That said Jeremy’s advantage is new, correct? I don’t recall anyone walking out of tribal before. 

C’mon. They had no chance. Those three were targets 1, 2 and 3. It’s easy to say they weren’t threats and played terrible when everyone else is gunning for them. I’m honestly surprised they lasted that long and Sandra took herself out.

The funny thing is that you will likely see some regret coming for some players who were excited to get them out. Adam for instance, even Ben. If they lose before the merge they put themselves on the block. Adam already said as much. He didn’t even do the math to realize that he’d be down in numbers as soon as they got rid of Rob. He was extremely lucky they won the challenge. I could see Nick feeling the same way about Parvati soon.

So much talk about Sandra, but we should also talk about Parv..
Does Wendell actually flip his vote if she gives him her :2cents:   ..

Difficult to say, but I think it would have been worth the chance seeing as she got voted out and had to give them up any ways.. 

Users who are viewing this thread