Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 40 (Winners at War): Starts Wednesday Feb. 12, 2020

23 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

I've only watched the past couple seasons because the GF watches it, so I had never heard of Sandra or Boston Rob. I went back and watched the season Rob won (Redemption Island), and wow, he literally ran the game from day one. He was calling all the shots and everyone just went along with him and never tried to vote him off. He was the one decided who was going home every single tribal counsel, and he took 2 people with him to the end that did absolutely nothing all game and just rode his coattails to the finale.

Total domination.

When you have a bunch of first time players players with someone who is on their 4th time, this can happen.  Makes me think more and more that that cast was hand picked for Rob's win. 

1 minute ago, rick6668 said:

When you have a bunch of first time players players with someone who is on their 4th time, this can happen.  Makes me think more and more that that cast was hand picked for Rob's win. 

Exactly.  That season was more about those players being star struck than Rob dominating.  Probst seemed like he was intent on bringing Rob back as many times as possible until he won.  I never thought he was one of the better players. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Exactly.  That season was more about those players being star struck than Rob dominating.  Probst seemed like he was intent on bringing Rob back as many times as possible until he won.  I never thought he was one of the better players. 

And Sandra, how she ever won twice is beyond me as her only tactic was "anybody but me" and was carried along as she was not any type of physical threat.  

The actual best players unless they find an idol or win a challenge at the right time are never around at the end.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 1

A bunch of middle aged straight men disliking the social justice discourse is 0% surprising. The world is changing fellas... other people matter whether you agree or not.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, EYLive said:

A bunch of middle aged straight men disliking the social justice discourse is 0% surprising. The world is changing fellas... other people matter whether you agree or not.

We are all done so just shut down all the forums.   Listening to Rachael Maddox peddling another story about Iran.   Sad.... 

4 hours ago, stlrams said:

We are all done so just shut down all the forums.   Listening to Rachael Maddox peddling another story about Iran.   Sad.... 

Sounds like something Donald would tweet.🤣

4 hours ago, EYLive said:

Sounds like something Donald would tweet.🤣

Nope just another us citizen that cares about this country and I didn’t even vote for him.  

On 1/4/2020 at 11:11 PM, EYLive said:

I think we were talking more about the hypocrisy of it all.  The manufactured state of it.  The weaponizing of it.

I'm not going to go any further with this debate because this isn't a political forum thread, but people don't want to watch people get called "racist" because they said something that no one thought was racist.  Including the guy who took offense to the word.  

We've reached the Boy Who Cried Wolf stage.  And the only thing that is doing is turning people against each other.  

• Like 3

On 1/4/2020 at 11:11 PM, EYLive said:

Lots of preconceived notions here...

Lots of deflecting here...

Australian Survivor new season stated. Its an all star season looks good so far.  No Luke though thats a bummer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

Australian Survivor new season stated. Its an all star season looks good so far.  No Luke though thats a bummer.

Nice!! I need to download this tonight. How many episodes have their been?  Sucks no luke but i know it will be a solid season regardless!

1 hour ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Nice!! I need to download this tonight. How many episodes have their been?  Sucks no luke but i know it will be a solid season regardless!

I think 3 episodes so far. 2 previous winners playing. Flick is back and so is Daisy my two favorite eye candy. Locke, David and Dirty Harry also back.

Edited by rustycolts

Going to wait on Survivor Australia until after the US version, which comes back this week. I can only track one Survivor at a time haha. 

Winners at war is going to have to step it up a notch if it wants to be better than Aussie all stars. It has been pretty excellent so far.

Edited by rustycolts

Bump for the premier. 

I know people are over All-Star type seasons but this one is historic. Yeah, we're all sick of the Rob and Sandra types. But as a fan of the game, I want to see how some of the players who used to be awesome adapt 10+ years later now that the game has changed. Will the younger, more recent players dictate that this season is more like the "new Survivor", or will there be enough OG players to make it an old school type season, minus the new currency twists, etc.

I'm looking forward to it. Can someone like Amber come out of retirement with a target on her back and hang with people who have done this way more recently? How about Parvati who is probably a totally different person now, as a mother, and not the sultry young thing she was when she masterfully manipulated her way to deep runs in her prime. Guys like Tyson (stud) and Tony (doofus with moments of clarity) are wildcards. Guys like Yul and Ethan aren't even part of the extended survivor family but came back. Will that lack of outside-the-game relationships hurt them, or let them play unhindered?

Lots of variables. My bet is that the first out will be Rob, Sandra, Amber, or Parvati. Just too high profile. Especially the Rob/Amber pairing. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

On 1/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, Wingnut said:

I've only watched the past couple seasons because the GF watches it, so I had never heard of Sandra or Boston Rob. I went back and watched the season Rob won (Redemption Island), and wow, he literally ran the game from day one. He was calling all the shots and everyone just went along with him and never tried to vote him off. He was the one decided who was going home every single tribal counsel, and he took 2 people with him to the end that did absolutely nothing all game and just rode his coattails to the finale.

Total domination.

He’s also the originator of the modern game. The first to say to the camera that challenges and actual survival are meaningless: the game comes down to three things: “votes, votes, votes.”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Bump for the premier. 

I know people are over All-Star type seasons but this one is historic. Yeah, we're all sick of the Rob and Sandra types. But as a fan of the game, I want to see how some of the players who used to be awesome adapt 10+ years later now that the game has changed. Will the younger, more recent players dictate that this season is more like the "new Survivor", or will there be enough OG players to make it an old school type season, minus the new currency twists, etc.

I'm looking forward to it. Can someone like Amber come out of retirement with a target on her back and hang with people who have done this way more recently? How about Parvati who is probably a totally different person now, as a mother, and not the sultry young thing she was when she masterfully manipulated her way to deep runs in her prime. Guys like Tyson (stud) and Tony (doofus with moments of clarity) are wildcards. Guys like Yul and Ethan aren't even part of the extended survivor family but came back. Will that lack of outside-the-game relationships hurt them, or let them play unhindered?

Lots of variables. My bet is that the first out will be Rob, Sandra, Amber, or Parvati. Just too high profile. Especially the Rob/Amber pairing. 

I think Ethan and Yul are set up for this new way the game is being played since Sandra’s wins: floaters have power.  Not having relationships may help them. 

• Like 3

On 2/8/2020 at 4:02 PM, rustycolts said:

Excuse my ignorance but there's a Survivor Australia version? Not sure why my Cousins Fiancee who's from there ever told me this. 

12 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Excuse my ignorance but there's a Survivor Australia version? Not sure why my Cousins Fiancee who's from there ever told me this. 

There’s survivor in a bunch of different countries. But Australia took about a decade off and came back a few years ago. 

• Like 1

Of all the people you could give a HI to, Sandra would be last.. Just :loco: 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

dude, run and watch them.  Australia IMO is far better than the US version. 

• Like 1

Just now, PinkydaPimp said:

I like this new season. 

Me too. 20 winners is really cool.  Plus I really like the players.

Also, I really like some of the twists this season. 

Im rooting for Jeremy, Sandra and Tony.  Yes i may be one of the few who likes Sandra.  I also wanted Natalie to go far but alas. 

4 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

dude, run and watch them.  Australia IMO is far better than the US version. 

Where can I watch them?

I know they’ve had plenty of wins, and I know conspiracy theories will be out there about it being rigged for them, but I find myself pulling for Boston Rob and Sandra.

I forgot what a ##### Sandra was and how much I hated her. Jesus. 

I don't remember Jul but I really like him so far. And if not for Boston Rob Blue is going to Tribal 2 straight times in the premier. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, shader said:

I know they’ve had plenty of wins, and I know conspiracy theories will be out there about it being rigged for them, but I find myself pulling for Boston Rob and Sandra.

Boston Rob worked his magic immediately. He will be out for blood. All in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I don't remember Jul but I really like him so far. And if not for Boston Rob Blue is going to Tribal 2 straight times in the premier. 

Yea i forgot about Jul, i like how hes approaching this game.  Ill be rooting for him too.  Boston Rob is screwed and they would be STUPID not to vote him out especially with his wife out now.  She would keep sending him advantages. 

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

He’s boring, but very smart.  He dominated his game end to end if I remember correctly.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tony Jabroni said:

I think Sandra woke a beast. When Rob sees Amber was voted out it's good bye for everyone. Sandra better hope she doesn't make it with Rob to the tribe conversions all hell will break lose especially if Amber can be the one to get back into the game 

Just now, Tony Jabroni said:

Yeah he wants it.  you gotta get him out early or he will earn the respect of his tribe.  

Surprised Sandra was so hurt that he didn’t tell her, although I think that might be total bs too.

• Like 1

I’ve watched every season, but couldn’t remember Sophie playing, let alone winning. Had to look her up and she looks completely different from her first season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

I think Sandra woke a beast. When Rob sees Amber was voted out it's good bye for everyone. Sandra better hope she doesn't make it with Rob to the tribe conversions all hell will break lose especially if Amber can be the one to get back into the game 

Agreed. Lights out.

3 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Yea i forgot about Jul, i like how hes approaching this game.  Ill be rooting for him too.  Boston Rob is screwed and they would be STUPID not to vote him out especially with his wife out now.  She would keep sending him advantages. 

It was stupid his tribe didn't try to vote him out already. I get why Amber got voted out but her reasoning and all just seems to be too personal. 

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Yes there has been about 4 seasons since they rebooted it. Really good it looks like their allstar season which is going now is going to smoke our Winners at War season if the episodes I have watched so far are any indication.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shader said:

Yeah he wants it.  you gotta get him out early or he will earn the respect of his tribe.  

Surprised Sandra was so hurt that he didn’t tell her, although I think that might be total bs too.

I don't doubt it was BS. I think she was just jealous to see the huge advantage he was gaining and he's one of the most popular liked Contestants where the feeling on her is pretty much pure hatred. I think she feels a little robbed by that. He's already worked his magic on what's his name to spill the beans who was bringing his name up for vote. The newer players he'll have feeding by hand soon just because of how all struck they could be 

5 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Not sure when they will figure out that advantages are being sent.  This is a new twist, right now only Sandra knows.  

My big conspiracy is that Sandra is lying about Rob not telling her, otherwise everyone would think they were together.  Like kind of forcing a rob vs Sandra narrative.

My way out there conspiracy is that she’s good sending Amber to the island so she can pump advantages back to Rob but, again, that’s way out there. 

8 minutes ago, shader said:

He’s boring, but very smart.  He dominated his game end to end if I remember correctly.  

Didn’t he have a ridiculously powerful idol that could be played after the vote?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I like Sandra. Why does Boston Rob get all the credit for blue winning the challenge? Jeremy made all of his ring throws. 

• Like 2

Cmon FBGs. Boston Rob should be public enemy #1, the second he steps on land.They let him slip, AGAIN, his wife gets knocked out. Guaranteed he wins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shader said:

Not sure when they will figure out that advantages are being sent.  This is a new twist, right now only Sandra knows.  

My big conspiracy is that Sandra is lying about Rob not telling her, otherwise everyone would think they were together.  Like kind of forcing a rob vs Sandra narrative.

My way out there conspiracy is that she’s good sending Amber to the island so she can pump advantages back to Rob but, again, that’s way out there. 

tbh i could see that.  Maybe they planned it.  To avoid a target and allow them to work together.  They spent ALOT of time out there so i have to imagine they knew and planned.

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

I don't doubt it was BS. I think she was just jealous to see the huge advantage he was gaining and he's one of the most popular liked Contestants where the feeling on her is pretty much pure hatred. I think she feels a little robbed by that. He's already worked his magic on what's his name to spill the beans who was bringing his name up for vote. The newer players he'll have feeding by hand soon just because of how all struck they could be 

I love her style, though it’s easy to see why people don’t like her.  Rob wins respect by absolutely dominating challenges and with his commanding presence that dares you to cross him.

Sandra has an anyone but me way about her that just works.   

2 minutes ago, simey said:

I like Sandra. Why does Boston Rob get all the credit for blue winning the challenge? Jeremy made all of his ring throws. 

He singlehandedly threw all of his teammates over the log. To catch up. 

Edited by Tony Jabroni
  • Thanks 1

Just now, simey said:

They had huge issues with the rolling wheel. It wasn't until Rob took command and started flinging people over like Superman did they get going. Yes Jeremy gets credit for the ring throws but they don't get there without Rob they don't even get to the rings 

• Like 1