Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

Survivor Season 40 (Winners at War): Starts Wednesday Feb. 12, 2020

11 minutes ago, bryhamm said:

if that's what he meant ... meh

it's not like Amber can send things over and over to Rob.  For one thing, she has to beat out the folks on EoE to even have the items to try and sell.  For another, Rob only has 2 tokens and once those are gone he wouldn't be able to buy anything more (unless someone else gives Rob their tokens, but I would doubt that).

That is what he meant. Jeremy and Rob got a token, Sandra the HII. So 2 out of 3 to them. They are advantages as I think tokens will be pretty important. 

The only thing about this season I don’t like is EoE. Hopefully they have frequent return contests to keep the population over there small and prevent a player from laying low for a long time. 

• Like 1

I just hope whenever anyone from EoE re-enters the game, the latest it happens is pre-jury formation.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bryhamm said:

it's not like Amber can send things over and over to Rob.  For one thing, she has to beat out the folks on EoE to even have the items to try and sell.  For another, Rob only has 2 tokens and once those are gone he wouldn't be able to buy anything more (unless someone else gives Rob their tokens, but I would doubt that).

Have you met Ben?  

4 hours ago, bryhamm said:

That’s what I meant. 4 tokens is an advantage according to the menu so Rob’s already half way there. Amber can also get more things. She’s #2, there’s likely to be a lot more stuff for her and Natalie if they’re looking.

Also, anyone working with Rob or pissed about getting blind sided could easily go with him to mess up other people.

Edited by stbugs

Rob knew Sandra would be there.

Sandra knew Rob would be there.

They both knew Amber would be there.

All 3 knew Rob and Sandra would be on opposite tribes initially (editing... of course they aren't going to put them on the same tribe initially).

Which means Sandra would be on Amber's tribe.

Sandra lies and says Rob lied to her about being on the show and acts like she is pissed.  Taking some heat off her on her tribe (that Rob guy is the bad guy) and a focus to get Amber out which was going to happen anyway at some point, so part of the plan.  Amber was going to be the "early" sacrificial lamb the whole time.

Now Rob gets to act pissed that "OMG Sandra got Amber voted out, so now I'm pissed at her and IT's ON"....taking some heat off of Rob on his tribe (Sandra is the bad guy)

So now, both Rob and Sandra have both taken some early heat off of them by deflecting the focus of both of their tribes to somebody on the other tribe....and they start sucking people in "cause they are pissed" and want to take out the "bad guy".  Hoping other players buy in and feel the need to keep both of them around in order to eventually get rid of the other "bad guy".

Meanwhile they coast along pulling all the strings until they get to the merge.  Where they will team up (although acting like they aren't) and cruise to the end. 

As far as the game goes Rob and Amber have agreed to use Amber however best they can knowing she won't win.....the whole "I want to beat my husband thing" means absolutely nothing.  Anything Rob and Sandra get out of Amber being around, on Extinction, back in the game, tokens, whatever, is just gravy.

This is all being set up as another "lesson" from Rob and Sandra about how stupid all of your were for not getting rid of us IMMEDIATELY.  Did you really think Sandra and I weren't going to talk about how to work together and win this thing when we spent 39 days together? Plus it's 2 mil and we can agree to split or something. 

Hopefully some of the other players figure out what is going on and call Rob and Sandra out on it.  But the "Rob being pissed at Sandra" and "Sandra being pissed at Rob" is being played to perfection by both of them as it is taking some of that initial "biggest threats in the game" heat off of them. (plus they are both just really ####### good).

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

45 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

All 3 knew Rob and Sandra would be on opposite tribes initially (editing... of course they aren't going to put them on the same tribe initially).

Sandra lies and says Rob lied to her about being on the show and acts like she is pissed.  Taking some heat off her on her tribe (that Rob guy is the bad guy) and a focus to get Amber out which was going to happen anyway at some point, so part of the plan.  Amber was going to be the "early" sacrificial lamb the whole time.

Now Rob gets to act pissed that "OMG Sandra got Amber voted out, so now I'm pissed at her and IT's ON"....taking some heat off of Rob on his tribe (Sandra is the bad guy)

So now, both Rob and Sandra have both taken some early heat off of them by deflecting the focus of both of their tribes to somebody on the other tribe....and they start sucking people in "cause they are pissed" and want to take out the "bad guy".  Hoping other players buy in and feel the need to keep both of them around in order to eventually get rid of the other "bad guy".

Meanwhile they coast along pulling all the strings until they get to the merge.  Where they will team up (although acting like they aren't) and cruise to the end. 

As far as the game goes Rob and Amber have agreed to use Amber however best they can knowing she won't win.....the whole "I want to beat my husband thing" means absolutely nothing.  Anything Rob and Sandra get out of Amber being around, on Extinction, back in the game, tokens, whatever, is just gravy.

This is all being set up as another "lesson" from Rob and Sandra about how stupid all of your were for not getting rid of us IMMEDIATELY.  Did you really think Sandra and I weren't going to talk about how to work together and win this thing when we spent 39 days together? Plus it's 2 mil and we can agree to split or something. 

Hopefully some of the other players figure out what is going on and call Rob and Sandra out on it.  But the "Rob being pissed at Sandra" and "Sandra being pissed at Rob" is being played to perfection by both of them as it is taking some of that initial "biggest threats in the game" heat off of them. (plus they are both just really ####### good).

In addition, Sandra knows things can be sent from EoE to the other players. By helping to put Amber on EoE she is likely helping Rob. I don't think that is an accident. 

2 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

(plus they are both just really ####### good).

So are Yul,Parvati, Kim, Adam,Jeremy. I expect Rob and Sandra both voted out before the merge.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:25 PM, rustycolts said:

Firestick with either Cinema, Cat Mouse, or unlockmytv apps.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:33 PM, PinkydaPimp said:

If you have Kodi you can find it there.  I download them.  I believe there are other options as well. 

Is anyone watching on 10Play with a VPN? I'm on Season 4 Ep 5, but for some reason the videos don't load anymore. I'm not even getting any type of "you can't access this from outside of the country" error message so I don't think it's a VPN issue.

34 minutes ago, EYLive said:

Is anyone watching on 10Play with a VPN? I'm on Season 4 Ep 5, but for some reason the videos don't load anymore. I'm not even getting any type of "you can't access this from outside of the country" error message so I don't think it's a VPN issue.

I tried the vpn route a while ago and it never worked for me.

I thought these were winners and they knew how to play???

Instead, we get a bunch of 🐑 following the executioner to their slaughter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, snogger said:

Yup. Three votes in and not one of the big threats sent packing

• Like 1

Rob: everyone open your bags and let's see.

Everyone: opens bags.

It's hilarious how everyone just follows his orders.

• Like 2

Two things that stood out to me from this episode are :

1. Why was Rob doing the puzzle. It seems to me that he would have been a lot more valuable doing the heavy lifting with the chests and cart. 

2. During tribal they don't show Jeremy saying a single word. He was doing a lot of observing. Smart play IMO. 

• Like 1

It feels like every season the group tries to find a way to differentiate themselves to build alliances...even if there's not much there. 

Old people/young people, men/women, etc.

Now we've got people who won recently, and those who won a long time ago. Seems ridiculous. 

Agreed it seems dumb for the favorites not to be voted out immediately, but geez, sometimes you have these own-worse-enemy players like Danni who are so bad it’s impossible not to vote them off. From a numbers standpoint, it really does not hurt the ‘new’ group to eliminate an old player. Of course, when Ben is on your side numbers might not matter. 

Opportunity for the exiles to give the rewards to Rob... They should figure he's got at least two fire tokens. Plus he'll accept everything assuming it's Amber sending him stuff. 

11 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Exactly.  Yet, they do it, and that's how Rob stays alive.

And when did they all get matching bags?

11 hours ago, Wingnut said:

It's amazing.  Not sure why they are all so scared to vote that guy off.  

Someone should have said okay, now we have to do this at every TC, right Rob?  Full transparency.  Course now everyone with idols at TC will just stuff them down shirts/pants.  

The way Rob butchered that puzzle was historic.  And less than that has gotten folks voted off in past seasons.  He's a huge target and now provided absolutely no help in a challenge.  Yet, everyone is still a puppet standing ready to do his bidding.  Incredible.  

I bet Ben and others are watching this back now and thinking how silly they're behaving out there.  Regrets.  

Danni just talked her way off the show for no reason.  "Let's go after... oh I don't know... Parv."  She was still in their alliance and no one was thinking her until she brought up Parv's name.  So dumb and lacked the ability to read the room.  

Tony's ladder was both ridiculous and effective.  Aside from being rickety, the rungs were so far apart he couldn't get his legs up high enough to reach.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Danni just talked her way off the show for no reason. 

Happens almost every season. 

What does Sandra contribute?  She is worthless in any challenge and does nothing around camp but call herself "The Queen" Have no idea how she ever won anything.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

What does Sandra contribute?  She is worthless in any challenge and does nothing around camp but call herself "The Queen" Have no idea how she ever won anything.

She sowes distrust among the players by using what others say about other players  to her about other players at just the right times. She probably is more responsible for getting out other players against her then almost anyone else.

Also wasn't she part of the puzzle solving twosome in the last night challenge?

Edited by Mile High

36 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

There's that saying in poker, "play the man, not the cards". Sandra only plays the man. To the point that she isn't even looking at the cards. Every situation she's in, she's thinking votes, alliances, bonds, and strategies. She's playing high above the board, higher than everyone. She doesn't care much about Outplay, only a little about Outwit, and 90+% Outlast. She's definitely not a balanced player. But she's not trying to be. She's hoping to put so much in one that the others don't matter. 

She knows she's not a physical competitor at all, so, isn't even trying to put up a show.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

What a bunch of sheeple...😂

I really don't expect Rob,Sandra or Parvati to win but they really are on a different level.

• Like 2

Rob's social game really is insane. As someone pointed out earlier, he just has the ability to "bully" someone into doing what he wants or giving him info without making himself a target. The dumping out bags thing from last night is a perfect example. Obviously a guy that doesnt have an idol would be in favor of that, as would anyone else who doesn't have one. So Rob basically put everyone in a position to either do what he wants or put a massive target on their back. Even if you don't have an idol and are against the bag dump on principle, there was zero upside to going against him.

Sandra is basically "anyone but me" no matter what. And she goes around subtly causing dissent in order to make that easier. 

All that being said, two tribes worth of past winners should have understood this from day 1 and voted both of them out at the first opportunity. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 11:08 AM, Stinkin Ref said:

This is a pretty far theory which I think I heard someone else say as well but I don't really buy because she has said she feels betrayed in confessionals and also said in a premiere panel she had with Jeff Probst and a few other cast members she felt hurt Rob didn't tell her. I believe she most likely did feel hurt/betrayed but also possibly embellished her feelings so she wouldn't be seen as a pair with Rob like Jeremy and Natalie were because Sandra really only cares about herself in this game. I think I heard that theory floated by Jamal and RHAP and I think there's a good chance it's true. Sandra is an elite social player.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:01 PM, snogger said:

On 2/19/2020 at 9:20 PM, RG623 said:

Yup. Three votes in and not one of the big threats sent packing

I would disagree.  We are three votes in but with EoE there are likely 16 votes still to go. There is still plenty of time to eliminate big threats. Nobody is going to forget about Rob, Parvati, Sandra, or Kim (who I would also put up there).

First vote: Natalie - First votes are typically anybody but me votes and apparently Natalie and Jeremy did little to separate themselves. Honestly, it was a disadvantage for them to start on the same tribe together. Natalie and Sarah should have been flipped. Natalie was probably the best female athlete in that tribe so I think taking her out was probably ill advised for everyone besides Adam and Denise who needed to take the target off their backs. Without really fully knowing the tribe dynamics as we probably see less then 1% of what goes on, I'm not sure who the tribe should have targeted first. 

Second vote: Amber - Splitting hairs a bit here, but I think Kim might have been the better choice here. She played arguably the best game of all time in One World and did it on her first try. Most of her cast wanted to take her to the end and she would have beaten almost anyone in the end. She ran circles around that cast. You could argue her cast was full of sheep but Monica and Troyzan from her cast have made final threes in returnee seasons. Granted, I think both were 0 vote finalists.

Rob also ran circles around his cast on Redemption Island but it was his fourth try and based on post game interviews it sounds like there were quite a few people he could not have beaten if they had gotten to the end. Of course, he was smart enough to know who he would and would not beat and is showing again in Winners at War that he is a serious force at Survivor.

To counter the point that voting out Kim would have been the better move, Amber probably would have flipped in a swap if she swapped onto the same tribe as Rob so it seems like the Red Tribe probably made the safer play here even though Kim could flip as well. Tyson, who is probably the fifth biggest threat in the game and also very close friends with Rob in real life (much closer then Lex ever was), was probably not a good choice to vote out first because he is such a beast at challenges.

Third Vote: Danni - Danni was absolutely the right choice for the tribe to vote out even though Parvati is a superior player and a far bigger threat. With EoE in play, I think there are still 16 more player eliminations to get Parvati out.

A swap is likely coming and a Survivor player should aim at alienating as few people as possible in these pre-swap votes so that hopefully no one flips on them after they swap. Had new school voted out Parvati, I feel like Ethan and Rob would have absolutely flipped to red after a swap which would greatly reduce the chances of Jeremy, Adam, Denise, Michele, or Ben winning the game or even making the merge. Plus Danni basically showed you can't count on her long term by flipping on Parvati so quickly. 

For example, after Missy decided to blindside Chelsea last season instead of voting out Karishma, Dean never voted with her again and Karishma still wasn't loyal to Missy (unlike Chelsea) so the move basically cost her two votes. Chelsea was definitely a bigger threat then Karishma but the bigger move is often not the right move.

Finally, when they do swap, Parvati and Rob will likely be voted out in a swap before Ethan, Jeremy, Adam, Denise, Michele,  and Ben if they swap into a minority against the red tribe.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:40 PM, In The Zone said:

Two things that stood out to me from this episode are :

1. Why was Rob doing the puzzle. It seems to me that he would have been a lot more valuable doing the heavy lifting with the chests and cart. 

2. During tribal they don't show Jeremy saying a single word. He was doing a lot of observing. Smart play IMO. 

1. Rob has been historically excellent in puzzles. I think having just seen his wife voted out probably put him in a bad mental state. Because of that, I agree he should of been doing the heavy lifting but normally he's such a puzzle ace that he would usually be better there despite being one of the stronger players physically.

2. This means absolutely nothing. Tribal council is one to two hours long I believe.  Someone could do 75% of the talking at tribal and be made completely invisible on television if that's how the editors decide to portray that person. I'm pretty sure Jeff picks on everyone and then the editors show what they feel is important to the overall narrative of the season or is a just a really funny moment.

On 2/20/2020 at 3:03 PM, Mile High said:

I really don't expect Rob,Sandra or Parvati to win but they really are on a different level.

I would agree with this though I'd also put Kim on their level based on her play in One World.  She's struggled this season and doesn't seem to be playing particularly well from the bottom but at least she's aware she's on the bottom. 

Also, Sophie said otherwise in her confessional, but Tyson was not the right person for her to give half her idol to. If Tyson and Kim remain on the bottom and go to tribal council again then Tyson most likely isn't giving her that idol half. Kim took a gamble and gave it to Sophie. Based on what Yul posted on twitter after week 1 for reasons why he didn't vote out Kim, I think Yul probably would have been the right choice but all of the players are operating on way less information then we as viewers are.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 12:31 AM, Walking Boot said:

Going to wait on Survivor Australia until after the US version, which comes back this week. I can only track one Survivor at a time haha. 

Yea but I get to watch Survivor 4 days a week so thats pretty cool.

just watched episode 3 of survivor australia(all stars).  Sheesh.  These bastards go hard!

• Like 1

“We’re currently on a streak of 9 consecutive women getting their torch snuffed. The last man to get voted out was Aaron on day 27 of s39. #Survivor”

😯

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

“We’re currently on a streak of 9 consecutive women getting their torch snuffed. The last man to get voted out was Aaron on day 27 of s39. #Survivor”

😯

And yet, Sandra is remarkably not even a target. I’m not a fan of hers but she’s impressive and moving targets.

20 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

just watched episode 3 of survivor australia(all stars).  Sheesh.  These bastards go hard!

It looks like the Aussie version has a Sandra clone.

On 2/17/2020 at 3:56 PM, PinkydaPimp said:

I tried the vpn route a while ago and it never worked for me.

I think I just needed to give the chrome VPN extension a few moments to connect. It works very well now. VPN + AdBlock = easy HD streaming on 10Play. 

Knew it wasn't Parvati. No way she gets voted out in a episode with only 2 minutes of air time. 

• Like 2

Great season so far. Liking all these players, going to be a lot of blind sides. Good personalities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

I miss seeing who voted for who. Most of the time it's obvious, but we haven't gotten one yet this season. 

good call i do as well.  Didnt even notice it tbh. 

6 hours ago, Mile High said:

Knew it wasn't Parvati. No way she gets voted out in a episode with only 2 minutes of air time. 

Yea they arent voting out one of the more popular players with little air time.  Good move though.  They need to get Rob out of there ASAP and Parv as well. 

I have noticed though there is no plan to keep the tribe strong its all strategy from the gate. 

7 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

I miss seeing who voted for who. Most of the time it's obvious, but we haven't gotten one yet this season. 

Yahoo usually has it on their front news page incase you want to see it in the future (and Survivor keeps not showing it). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PinkydaPimp said:

I have noticed though there is no plan to keep the tribe strong its all strategy from the gate. 

:goodposting:

How many kids does Parv have?  Aside from her homemade outfit, she still looks awesome.

Is it me, or is Brad pronouncing her name as Poverty?  :lol: :unsure: 

8 minutes ago, Ned said:

:goodposting:

How many kids does Parv have?  Aside from her homemade outfit, she still looks awesome.

Is it me, or is Brad pronouncing her name as Poverty?  :lol: :unsure: 

One kiddo, born in 2018 per Wiki.

She has 'it.'

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

While they didn't show it, it's pretty easy to figure out who voted for whom.

Rob, Parv, Ethan voted for Adam

Adam voted for Parv

Ben, Jeremy, Denise and the 4th gal voted for Ethan

• Like 2

Again the editing is so predicable.   When all the talk was "Parv" my wife said right away.  "Parv is not going home tonight"

Not sure why they picked Ethan when they could have cut the head off the snake and got rid of Rob.  Does Sandra ever do a puzzle or anything but stand there watching?  Sandra was so dam happy a little shark got caught in the net, like she was up all night fishing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Again the editing is so predicable.   When all the talk was "Parv" my wife said right away.  "Parv is not going home tonight"

Not sure why they picked Ethan when they could have cut the head off the snake and got rid of Rob.  Does Sandra ever do a puzzle or anything but stand there watching?  Sandra was so dam happy a little shark got caught in the net, like she was up all night fishing.

I'm not sure why they didn't go after Rob initially, but once Adam spilled the beans I can understand at that point why they didn't.  You don't want to risk a HII being played.  Switching off of Parv was smart because there is too good a chance that she plays one if she has one since she was the target.  Decent chance Rob does as well since he knows that one of the "old schoolers" are being targeted.  Going Ethan ensured that the 3 where knocked down to 2 and the chance of a HII being successfully played is minimal.

The 4 of them are now in charge.  Will be interesting to see if Rob and Parv try to work with Adam going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Da Guru said:

Was thinking the same thing.. Maybe they were concerned about the "Power Couple" being on the other island together teaming up against all :shrug: 

Seems like you need one other player you can trust is becoming a theme.  Right now I'm looking at Sarah, Tony then Michelle and Jeremy getting that edit. Natalie is the wild card. Those fire tokens she is accumulating have to pay off for her on EI. Which is a plus for Michelle and Jeremy. 

Edited by Mile High
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bryhamm said:

I'm not sure why they didn't go after Rob initially, but once Adam spilled the beans I can understand at that point why they didn't.  You don't want to risk a HII being played.  Switching off of Parv was smart because there is too good a chance that she plays one if she has one since she was the target.  Decent chance Rob does as well since he knows that one of the "old schoolers" are being targeted.  Going Ethan ensured that the 3 where knocked down to 2 and the chance of a HII being successfully played is minimal.

The 4 of them are now in charge.  Will be interesting to see if Rob and Parv try to work with Adam going forward.

Denise and Adam seemed to be tight, he had a shocked look on his face when he realized that even she didn't give him the heads up that the vote was moving. Trying to play both sides really bit him in the butt. She had to do that to secure her place with the other 3 and create a little distance from Adam.  I know she's happy to have the complete idol and not relying on him to give her half at the "right" time.  Ben knowing she has at least half an idol is problematic, it would probably be good for her if Adam is eliminated before the beans are spilled to Ben that the idol is whole.

So, so dumb to go tell Rob the plan. You don't make your plans based on trying to work with him late into the game - you make your plans based on how soon you can safely vote him off.

• Like 1

Odd strategy by Adam.  Why convince your alliance to vote Parv and then go tell Parv's #1 ally about the plan?  :loco:   Adam is over-thinking things or just not very aware of his surroundings.

I like Ethan but he seemed over his head out there.  Wouldn't be surprised if he raised the sail to go get a burger. 

Natalie has a strong game.  Hope she gets back into the mix at some point.  

Sandra sits out another challenge.  Image that.

22 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Sandra sits out another challenge.  Image that.

And she celebrated it as she walked to the bench.  :lol: 

I :doh: when Sarah included Tony in her steal-a-vote mission.  Think that's going to come back to bite her.