What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 42: Starts Wednesday March 9, 2022 (3 Viewers)

I would love the producers to offer EoE people the opportunity to spend the rest of the time with their families in the resort if they quit now. 
Should have done it as they pulled close in the boat.  Have them wave and then say, you want to see your loved ones, quit now, otherwise, drive away.

ETA: Maybe that's too ruthless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought they might tempt players on EoE while families were there with a chance to just get on the boat and go enjoy time with them starting with a great lunch.  But you can't go back to the beach.  Imagine Amber and maybe a couple others would consider going.  Maybe Ethan?  

Thought they might tempt players on EoE while families were there with a chance to just get on the boat and go enjoy time with them starting with a great lunch.  But you can't go back to the beach.  Imagine Amber and maybe a couple others would consider going.  Maybe Ethan?  
Yeah Amber was the first I thought of.  Ethan has made a big deal about not quitting, so I don't think he would do it.  Maybe Danni as she has to realize she has almost no shot.

I just caught up on Survivor Winners at War. Boy I love the family moments always my favorite. Nice they brought the families for those on Extiction island. Insane how Sondra was voted off then left the game. I never liked her and I always thought she got by with doing as little as she could in terms of challenges or helping around camps. I;'m shocked most of the old school players ended up gone. 

SO glad Adam got what was coming to him finally. Dude got annoying with his constant #####ing and moaning woo is me persona. I seriously just wanted to slap this guy in the face. I'm shocked he got as far as he did already with how he played. I don't think the new schoolers played the votes out as well as they believe. If one of these guys gets back in the last immunity Challenge to get back in the game and gets to the final 2 who they think is gonna support that person? Most of the old school players are literally its us against them now. Out of those in the tribe I'm hoping Michele wins. I was so glad when they also took Wendall out. Shocked Rob didn't get further either. It really didn't feel like Survivor until the last few episodes though. As Nick pointed out. There was so many playing it too safe they got a name but wouldn't stick their neck out on a vote yet types. 

I'm biased since I watched the show from The Debut Episode but lost track when I got to college so I don't know the New Schoolers as well nor like a lot of them. So I'm really hoping one of the old schoolers win. 

rick6668 said:
Should have done it as they pulled close in the boat.  Have them wave and then say, you want to see your loved ones, quit now, otherwise, drive away.

ETA: Maybe that's too ruthless.
Hate ideas like this which is why I loved the no loved ones challenge. I think this was more of a thank you to all of you for making this show a success though especially giving the EoE members their families too. 

My dad always hated challenges like the first episode where they had to get physical with one another. One of these days someone will get physically hurt and bad. \

This season kind of brought me back into things as well as I guess now having CBS all Access I can watch the episodes I missed 

The Dude said:
Did anybody else feel that taking the families to exile was a “thank you, rob” thing?  Having his whole family represented on survivor.
I wonder if Rob and Ambah asked that they not show their family time too much or too closely. I was thinking they’d be featured based on how much of a focus they always are but then they barely showed the big reunion. 

I think I'm glad other enjoy the extended loved ones visit stuff. With no challenge or game impact, I basically always fast forward the intros, and with this one taking like 23 freakin minutes I was kind of annoyed. At least I know it might just be me now.

My wife and I have discussed this if I ever actually got cast - she'd have to decide ahead of time if she's in it to win the challenge or not. I am extremely competitive, she's basically a lets have fun type. So I'd probably have like my best friend or my little brother instead.

Also just finished All Stars in my 1-40 rewatch most of them during COVID plan: Rob got so screwed. That might have been the bitterest jury of all time. Holy cow. Tom must have got a rough edit because I thought for sure he Rupert and Jenna were taking out Rob and Rob was right to get Tom first.

Other tidbits: Kathy losing her balance in the final 3 challenge cost her Marquesas IMO, which had the worst final two of all so far. Sandra was better than I remember on PI, probably because I think she was a coattail joke on HvV (we'll see how I feel when I get to that one). And Colby blew it in Australia. No social game. I used to think he always got screwed but as an adult now rewatching it...I think he may have lost to Keith too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Challenge Everything said:
Best players not to win:

1 = Aubry

2 = Russell
Russell is one of my favorite players.  I thought he should have won the first season he played.  But its amazing that he never could get his social game down and/or humble himself.  A few small tweaks in jury management and hes the best that ever played. 

I guess I'm in the minority but I get a kick out of the whispering at TC. It's very revealing even if you don't hear everything said. Although I agree that it should not have been allowed after Jeremy left. I fast-forward through most of the family reunions. I watch the actual reveal but go past Jeff interviewing. It was annoying this week taking up half the episode but I know people like it. Very good season so far. Usually it really only starts to kick in around now so hoping for a great ending.

I hope they stop with Extinction Island after this. Enough already.

Really liking the Australian version, almost done with season 1 from 2016
G'Day, Mates!  😀

We started Australian Survivor Season 2 last night and I was having problems finding part 2 of S02 episode 1 on DailyMotion, so I started looking elsewhere.  There is a Facebook group called "The Tribe Has Spoken" that you can request to join.  My membership was approved within just a few minutes.  Once you are a member of the group, if you click on Announcements, the first announcement has links to every episode of the first 4 seasons, with the added benefit that they're not broken into 2 parts like on DailyMotion.  We'll probably be watching through there going forward.

G'Day, Mates!  😀

We started Australian Survivor Season 2 last night and I was having problems finding part 2 of S02 episode 1 on DailyMotion, so I started looking elsewhere.  There is a Facebook group called "The Tribe Has Spoken" that you can request to join.  My membership was approved within just a few minutes.  Once you are a member of the group, if you click on Announcements, the first announcement has links to every episode of the first 4 seasons, with the added benefit that they're not broken into 2 parts like on DailyMotion.  We'll probably be watching through there going forward.
Nice I’ll check that out.  

Sad to admit that I haven't seen any of the Australian Survivor brand.  Based on the thread I've missed some good TV.  I plan to binge watch at some point and appreciate the links/recommendations posted here.  

G'Day, Mates!  😀

Nice. Every time I click on my Daily Motion bookmark I'm scared that the channel I watch survivor on will be taken down.

PlayaHata said:
G'Day, Mates!  😀

One of the questions asked for joining the group was "do you accept that spoilers will be posted 24 hours after U.S episodes" I usually don't get to watching Survivor until that Saturday. Will it get spoiled on my timeline if I join? 

One of the questions asked for joining the group was "do you accept that spoilers will be posted 24 hours after U.S episodes" I usually don't get to watching Survivor until that Saturday. Will it get spoiled on my timeline if I join? 
You can block notifications for Facebook groups but i wouldn’t risk it.  There are some jaw dropping moments.

Enough of this extinction island nonsense. Bad enough someone who has already been voted off can come back and potentially win the game, now they can impact someone’s ability to win immunity.
Seems that the producers wanted to create as much drama as they could.. and it did work out well this week for us viewing it. But agree it has worn out it's welcome .. Based on a quote someone else posted, Jeff knows it is very unpopular and stated they won't be doing it again any time soon. :thumbup:  

Seems that the producers wanted to create as much drama as they could.. and it did work out well this week for us viewing it. But agree it has worn out it's welcome .. Based on a quote someone else posted, Jeff knows it is very unpopular and stated they won't be doing it again any time soon. :thumbup:  
Last night’s was the first one I liked. Just randomly giving advantages messes with the game in a hidden way that no one else could possibly know. This one required other people to know and if Tony doesn’t get the 6, everyone knows when he sits out the immunity challenge and can’t vote. It would have caused an interesting scramble. I like that it would have been more out in the open and not a gain by a player for doing nothing.

Last night’s was the first one I liked. Just randomly giving advantages messes with the game in a hidden way that no one else could possibly know. This one required other people to know and if Tony doesn’t get the 6, everyone knows when he sits out the immunity challenge and can’t vote. It would have caused an interesting scramble. I like that it would have been more out in the open and not a gain by a player for doing nothing.
I liked it too for the same reasons, but wish it would've been one that someone found on their own.  Hiding it like any other HII or advantage would add some fun to these idol searches.

I hate the idea of folks that are voted out having that much influence on the game.

I liked it too for the same reasons, but wish it would've been one that someone found on their own.  Hiding it like any other HII or advantage would add some fun to these idol searches.

I hate the idea of folks that are voted out having that much influence on the game.
I do like the get screwed thinking you found an idol schtick. Could make people less inclined to look for an idol. Would be interesting if they had a worst finish at the challenges as well. Finish last and lose your vote.

:goodposting:   Fun trick, but those voted off shouldn't have as much power as they do.. 

I do like the get screwed thinking you found an idol schtick. Could make people less inclined to look for an idol. Would be interesting if they had a worst finish at the challenges as well. Finish last and lose your vote.
I do like this.  Keeps people from dogging a challenge because they're in an alliance with numbers and know they're safe.  Could also change the dynamic of alliances after the merge. The Sandras of the game could become extinct.  

Big episode for Tony.  Loved his enthusiasm of extortion then the look on his face when he realized he was the one being extorted.  Still, he made some big moves.  I assume he repaid the others for the tokens he tricked them out of.  Still owes one IIRC.

Jeremy is one lucky dude.  He could've refused to believe Tony's story and won the immunity himself, maybe getting Tony or Ben out of the game.  Then survives being voted off because Tony turned around and screwed over Sara by voting off Sophie.  Now he may be in a decent spot.  

Tony climbing around in trees next week should be fun.  

How come they didn't show him having to "pay up" before the challenge?  Think that would've been good to see the reaction of the people that didn't know about it...Also did he repay the tokens to the guys?

How come they didn't show him having to "pay up" before the challenge?  Think that would've been good to see the reaction of the people that didn't know about it...Also did he repay the tokens to the guys?
He clearly didn’t pay them back. He’s got none. Sarah and Kim got Sophie’s.

Also, it didn’t have to be paid at the challenge just done before.

Tony had a good week but is probably a big target now.

When did Sarah get so arrogant? She played a cool, low key game the season she won.

I think that Natalie should keep the 6 tokens she got from Tony, or maybe give only one to Parvi. Natalie really did all of the work.

Tony had a good week but is probably a big target now.

When did Sarah get so arrogant? She played a cool, low key game the season she won.

I think that Natalie should keep the 6 tokens she got from Tony, or maybe give only one to Parvi. Natalie really did all of the work.
I think it's now down to Tony and Sarah. They started it last night with highlighting the differences in styles to winning. 

Users who are viewing this thread