What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Proposing Trades - Khalil Mack in dynasty IDP (1 Viewer)

FredG

Footballguy
Khalil Mack's designation on MFL may change from DE to LB which in my league is hit on his fantasy production. Is this a time to trade him before everyone fully understands the impact? The designation change will be a hit on his fantasy points and his trade value if the designation does change. 

It is a dynasty league PPR scoring ---Defense starters 3 DB, 3 LB, 3 DE/DL ---48 man roster.

Defense scoring --- Fumble Recovery/Forced Fumble 2 pts--- Interceptions 3 pts ---Pass Def 1 pt---Tackle for a loss 2 pts (1 point for every 0.5 TFL)

Different points for tackles depending on position. LB's get 0.75 pts for every 0.5 Tackles and 0.75 pts for every Tackle Assist.  All other positions get 2 point for every tackle and 1 point for every tackle assist.

Macks 217 points last year on 54 tackles and 19 assists becomes 185 points under the new scoring if MFL changes his designation to LB. My roster includes;

DE/DL: Khalil Mack, Calais Campbell, Cameron Hayward, Kyle Williams, Carl Nassib, Kenny Clark.

LB: K.J Wright, Bruce Irvin, Jerrell Freeman, David Harris, Vincent Rey, E. Ogbah, and Edwin Jackson

CB/S: Weddle, Devin McCourty, V. Hargreaves, Ricardo Allen, Swearinger, C. Pryor, and Jalen Mills

I'm thinking of trading Mack based on position designation change. Next best DE are D. Hunter, D. Harrison, D. Buckner, and Pierre-Paul so I'm thinking about going after a LB like Telvin Smith, Zach Brown, Bobby Wagner, Christian Kirksey. Kwon would be nice but I assume I will never him away from his owner. May not get the others either but I think I'm going to try to do what it takes to get one of them. I know I may need to supplement Mack with some mid to late round picks to make the trade happen but I am comfortable doing so as I view draft picks as lottery tickets given how many do not work out.

Thoughts? Try to do a trade or hold Mack because he is still a solid performer? Who to target?

Thanks

In Weeks 11-14, the Raiders used Mack at outside linebacker on 127-of-137 base snaps (92.7%) in a 3-4 alignment. This was not pretty for Mack's future IDP value, but it worked on the field. Mack ended up playing outside linebacker on 84% of snaps in eight games post-bye and may be re-designated to the LB position on MFL.

In any case if I can structure a trade that is equitable and values him where he is now then I don't see downside in doing so. If he stays as DE then I break even assuming I do a good trade. If he is changed to LB then I am ahead of the game. 

So this happened.....what are you expecting in return. Still solid lb, but considering dealing him as well

Users who are viewing this thread