What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1,2,6,7,13 - Rookie Draft Picks - Help me rebuild! (1 Viewer)

Brandon Will

Footballguy
1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 2 DL 2 LB 2 DB 

20 team dynasty 

1 pt 10 rush/rec yds - 30 pass yds

6 pt ALL TDs .25 PPR

I own the 1,2,6,7,13 overall rookie draft picks

Am I crazy for passing up Dalvin Cook at 2 for Mike Williams or Corey Davis?

1. Leonard Fournette 
2. Corey Davis? 

6/7 a RB out of Mixon/McCaffrey/Kamara will be there, plus another BPA @7 (Howard/Ross/Watson/Engram/Foreman, any others I'm missing?)

I have huge holes to fill, but that was the plan for a rebuild in this class. Next year I'm looking at a top 4, a 5-12 pick, and a 13-16 pick 

WRs are starting to take over Fantasy leagues, especially rebuilding. I love Derrick Henry and I Love Fournette. I think I could lose out of Cook and take a WR.

If I could trade 1.2 for a WR like Cooper/Allen Robinson/Watkins do I? Or do I take Davis?

My Roster isn't pretty, but that was the plan.

Kevin Hogan

Derrick Henry

Corey Grant

Fitzgerald Toussaint

Terrelle Pryor

Martavis Bryant

Cordarrelle Patterson 

Robby Anderson 

Erik Swoope

Jerrell Adams

Who would YOU take at 1,2,6,7,13 if you had this roster?

See if you can flip the 7 and 13 for the 4 pick.  Then you can have 3 of the top 4 guys.  I'd take cook fournette then whichever of williams/davis falls. 

Or you may want to start by offering 7 and 13 to the owner of the 3 pick.  Seems a little too light but you never know. 

With as much help as you need and it being Idp I'd keep the picks.  There will be talent there at 13 especially if some te go in rd 1. As a rebuilding 1.02 owner myself I'm considering Davis there, so your not crazy. When you get to 1.07 though there are some guys I like that you aren't listing and some guys you listed that would be a reach there. The tes are a reach, but if you are looking at Howard and engrams you have to put njoku in there as well. Foreman got hurt at the combine, so unless he's healthy enough to run before the draft I fade him too, although he could be a nice pick in rd 2. Actually at 1.07 you should still be able to get a guy you listed earlier-

fournette

davis

cook

mccaffery

mixon

williams

kamara

So I'd take 3 of these guys, and if you want to take a te at 13 go for it. If the top 2-3 te are gone some good talent has dropped to you.

Is Engram coming out as WR? That 40 was impressive.

Mixon should be available at 6/7. 

Would you trade 2 for 4 and Watkins?

I would jump on that Watkins deal. My advice before seeing that was going to try to trade down a couple spots from 2 to get something else.

Had a reply.

Watkins and 1.5 for 1.2

Watkins and 1.4 for 1.1 

Do I make a deal? I wanted to off something to get Watkins and 1.4 including the 1.2 

What happened to trading 1.02 for Watkins and 1.04?  Was that an offer from the other owner or was that something you were considering offering?  If that was the offer and he changed it to 1.01 from 1.02 I'd be a bit pissed and maybe ornery enough to tell him to take a hike.

Outside of that I would be more inclined to move 1.2 for Watkins and 1.5.  If one of the top RB gets a plum job and nobody else does you might regret moving 1.1 for one pick earlier later in the round.

right. Outside of RBs I have Corey Davis fever. 

Good reports on Alvin Kamara, Mixon and McAffrey. One will fall to 1.6 if not 2. Feel I have to go RB WR RB TE BPA

Brandon Will said:
right. Outside of RBs I have Corey Davis fever. 

Good reports on Alvin Kamara, Mixon and McAffrey. One will fall to 1.6 if not 2. Feel I have to go RB WR RB TE BPA
Don't ever lock into a positional requirement going into a draft.  You never know what will happen or who will fall.  Always be looking at BPA because that gives you the most flexibility as things are happening.  Don't ever force a pick for a specific position. 

I'm going to pass on Watkins (too much injury history for me). 

If you stick with the picks

1. Fournette

2. Davis

6. Best RB (Mixon?)

7. Best TE (or BPA if you prefer to grab a TE at #13; might be league dependent)

13. Defense / TE

I suppose in a 20 man league having a good te would be a difference maker, but I have a hard time taking Howard at 7 (at this point anyway). Love the talent, it's hard to project the next gronk because good te numbers are dependent on so many factors- scheme, qb, oline (bad oline, more te blocking). 

I would grab Fournette and Davis with the 1.01 and 1.02. Dalvin Cook didn't do so well at the combines, so drafting Davis with the second pick isn't that much of a reach.

I would stand pat with those picks unless a incredible deal is offered to you. Then be ready because I agree, do not lock into a positional requirement going into a draft.

You never know what will happen in a draft, especially if your league does a reasonable amount of trading. Draft choices tend to get better trade value at draft time than during the off season.

I'm going to pass on Watkins (too much injury history for me). 

If you stick with the picks

1. Fournette

2. Davis

6. Best RB (Mixon?)

7. Best TE (or BPA if you prefer to grab a TE at #13; might be league dependent)

13. Defense / TE
Mistake in my book. Even if you don't like Watkins you should still be able to flip him and be ahead.  Drop from 2 to 5 to get Watkins.  Flip Watkins for more picks which should include another top 6 rookie first round pick plus a little more perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread