What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Jimmy Dore Show (1 Viewer)

ren hoek

Footballguy
I've been enjoying the heck out of this guy's broadcasts.  He aligns with progressive values but doesn't care about political party whatsoever.  I don't agree with his ideas about a $15 minimum wage, or single payer healthcare for example but he's on the level about political/media corruption.

He's at his best when he's trashing corporate media for not covering things because their owners don't want them to.  Most of his broadcasts are from a studio with a couple on-air guests but he occasionally does broadcasts in front of a live audience in a comedy show setting.  

Chris Hayes FAILS MISERABLY Trying To Smear Susan Sarandon Again

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Is The OJ Simpson Of The Democratic Party

Michael Moore Explains Trump's Appeal Like Only He Can

https://www.youtube.com/TYTComedy

https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore

The truth attracts people from every corner.
I don't know if it's so much truth as being willing to hold everyone to the same standard. He is pretty much an equal opportunity offender. If it's wrong it's wrong and it doesn't matter what the letter behind your name is. My one complaint is I think he is a little too dismissive of the Russia issue. I think he's right that it's been used as a cover for Democrats to hide behind and that needs to stop. But I also think that some stuff that shouldn't have happened may have and so we do need to investigate. But really there is no one I watch I always agree with and I think that's probably healthy. Hearing stuff we don't agree with makes, or should make, us at least question our own viewpoints and biases.

https://youtu.be/4w2gC5VP4YI

There is an official policy to ignore torture in Iraq.

The “Iraq War Logs” published by WikiLeaks revealed that thousands of reports of prisoner abuse and torture had been filed against the Iraqi Security Forces. Medical evidence detailed how prisoners had been whipped with heavy cables across the feet, hung from ceiling hooks, suffered holes being bored into their legs with electric drills, urinated upon, and sexually assaulted. These logs also revealed the existence of “Frago 242,” an order implemented in 2004 not to investigate allegations of abuse against the Iraqi government. This order is a direct violation of the UN Convention Against Torture, which was ratified by the United States in 1994. The Convention prohibits the Armed Forces from transferring a detainee to other countries “where there are substantial grounds for believing that he would be in danger of being subjected to torture.” According to the State Department’s own reports, the U.S. government was already aware that the Iraqi Security Forces engaged in torture (1).

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/08/21/what-bradley-manning-revealed/
This is the freedom and democracy they'd have you believe the US stands for.  There are no words for what Chelsea Manning uncovered.  

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the all time Red Sox Fame o' Hallers.  Old #1!  He was an all star a bunch of times.  Way better then Pedroia.  Good coach too.  R.I.P.

Their video from last week about the Obama administration using FISA courts like the KGB was good.

It is refreshing to see that there are still some liberals/anti-trumpers who have integrity.

Also interesting to see them bash the useless Dems in Congress whose only goal is to push a fake Russian conspiracy. Talking about how they are over muh Russia and want Congress to focus on issues that actually affect  their families..... in California.

Quality show.

https://youtu.be/MYAvvAQopmQ

Dore, on new wave FBI bootlickers

A+, piping hot takes 
I think one problem here is that this piece entirely excludes the tracking and infiltration of right wing groups. I understand the points about the historicity of investigation of the left, but I'd really like to hear a defense of why the FBI should not be tracking neo-nazi groups, Stormfront and similar white supremacist online groups. As far as Cointelpro is concerned, look at Page 4 of the Congressional report, "White Hate Group" was one of the targets, and to my mind the Black Nationalist Hate Group is also right wing, and if you don't believe me please recall the Baton Rouge shooter was from the sovereignty movement even though he was black. I think describing that past activity as exclusively anti-left would be wrong.

I think one problem here is that this piece entirely excludes the tracking and infiltration of right wing groups. I understand the points about the historicity of investigation of the left, but I'd really like to hear a defense of why the FBI should not be tracking neo-nazi groups, Stormfront and similar white supremacist online groups. As far as Cointelpro is concerned, look at Page 4 of the Congressional report, "White Hate Group" was one of the targets, and to my mind the Black Nationalist Hate Group is also right wing, and if you don't believe me please recall the Baton Rouge shooter was from the sovereignty movement even though he was black. I think describing that past activity as exclusively anti-left would be wrong.
Lately it's been the centerleft that have been the most unconditionally supportive of the FBI.  There's no reason for him to bring up neonazis since it is unrelated to the premise of the video.  To suggest that surveilling US citizens that haven't broken a law is acceptable is to say the FBI gets to pick and choose what types of free speech and association are acceptable.  As far as the CPUSA program, this is pretty much the beginning and end of it right here:

https://i.imgur.com/B6n6vhh.jpg

I don't think groups associating under an offensive premise makes federal agencies targeting them ok.  Law enforcement doesn't exactly have a stellar record protecting racial minorities anyway.  

There's no reason for him to bring up neonazis since it is unrelated to the premise of the video.
Well I realize that, that was my point. If he did acknowledge it it might be countervailing. For instance I wonder what Dore and the liberal audience he is seeking to reach would think about Dylan Roof having been radicalized off of Stormfront and another fascist website. Would he or they really say 'do nothing' about learning what these groups are up to?

To suggest that surveilling US citizens that haven't broken a law is acceptable is to say the FBI gets to pick and choose what types of free speech and association are acceptable.  As far as the CPUSA program, this is pretty much the beginning and end of it right here:

https://i.imgur.com/B6n6vhh.jpg

I don't think groups associating under an offensive premise makes federal agencies targeting them ok.  Law enforcement doesn't exactly have a stellar record protecting racial minorities anyway.  
Overall I think the whole post is good but on this I will sign off and agree.

I can't remember the article that Dore was referring to but IIRC it was about surveillance of social media.

But then he inserted the bit about Countelpro as a comp. I'm not sure that's what's going on here. This - supposedly- isn't a program of infiltration, provocation and attempts to destroy groups or leadership. Technically this is a different kind of program. But in general what you say in principle is true and I agree with you. However that just proves the importance of bipartisan Congressional oversight of the kind that uncovered these things in the first place.

As a side note I'm not sure if you noticed, because most did not, that supposedly the House version of the most recent budget deal limited Congressional oversight of administration intelligence spending. 

I agree with some of this:

- I do think the Russia-Trump story has dominated the headlines over some really important other stories (including the Russia meddling story).  I like the comment about it sucking all the air out of the room

- having said that, it’s undeniably a big story and could be the biggest political story ever when all is said and done - as I’ve said  before, I’m just fearful this will distract from other things

- I do find it a little ironic (maybe even hypocritical on some people’s parts) that we have spent so much time interfering in other countries elections and politics - we shouldn’t do it the vast majority of the time (or all the time) and we should take this Russia issue very seriously

- I disagree with some of the FBI comments - yes, the FBI isn’t without its issues but we should all support them as our highest law enforcement but need to make sure they do stay neutral whether it’s R, D or other political situation

- ultimately there’s enough “room” out there for all these stories/investigations to happen 

Woman Dragged from Public Meeting for Exposing Corruption

Disturbing, but a sight that we are becoming more and more familiar with.

Funny thing is, by actually dragging her out and creating all that commotion, they actually made this incident more likely to spread around the web. Rightfully so, most major news outlets have picked the story up.
This seems to be more about inheritance/property rights than any sort of sinister thing. I get that eminent domain has changed since Kelo, and if it stemmed from that, I'd be outraged, but the press is reporting that it's the majority holders in an inheritance stake authorizing drilling. I looked up HB 4286 and found that. Or 4268. Or whatever. And read a couple of articles.

That seems actually fair. Tangible property gets weird in law, but America has always erred on the side of development and dynamism rather than the English model of staid and true when it comes to physical property and land. 

Users who are viewing this thread