What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chimney Companies—are they all crooks? (1 Viewer)

glvsav37

Footballguy
Had a guy come today for a "Free chimney cleaning" that my wife "won" at a home show last week. When she told me that she scheduled it I was like  :rolleyes:  , and sure enough, the guy comes down with some piece of my chimney saying that the company before botched it and this piece is faulty and they put the wrong sized piece in there and it was causing water damage..yada yada. 

####er nipped me for $175 but he had my whole thing apart. 

I bet these guys just run these scams all the time. Crooks. 

Sounds like it to me. 

I had a guy stop by yesterday telling me that in my state there is a law saying that with full coverage insurance I was eligible for a new windshield if I had any damage at all, including very small chips that my naked eye couldn't see which he claims was there. Next thing I know he has my insurance company on the phone wanting me to make a claim. I told him as nicely as I could to "#### OFF". 

I needed my chimney replaced and had three companies out for estimates. Only one of the three even mentioned the required permits needed to replace the chimney (two of them in my town) and they are the ones I have the job to. I wonder what kind of work the other ones would have done and how much it would have cost me to have their work fixed after.

glvsav37 said:
Had a guy come today for a "Free chimney cleaning" that my wife "won" at a home show last week. When she told me that she scheduled it I was like  :rolleyes:  , and sure enough, the guy comes down with some piece of my chimney saying that the company before botched it and this piece is faulty and they put the wrong sized piece in there and it was causing water damage..yada yada. 

"Just clean it and I'll get that looked at. Thanks!"

glvsav37 said:

Seems there really is one born every minute. Why would you pay a guy that damaged your home anything?

For future reference if a guy knocks on your door and says you won a free rectal exam, it's probably not legit even if he's wearing a white coat and stethoscope.

For future reference if a guy knocks on your door and says you won a free rectal exam, it's probably not legit even if he's wearing a white coat and stethoscope.
And if he pulls something out of there and offers to push it back in for $175, you should probably say "no thanks."

Users who are viewing this thread