Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Borden

Chris Carson - RB - Seahawks

Recommended Posts

Watched the game.  Yes Sea o line is bad in this game but Carson has the physicality to make something out of nothing.   I think PC was giving both backs an audition tonight.  Carson won that battle because he started the second half and was the primary carrier.  He also got a goal line carry and played meaningful snaps when they were trying to tie the game.  I noticed on his 10 yard catch how fluid his route running was.  Didn't know he is a good pass catcher.  Also I watched every down he was in and he made all his blocks.  Wilson got sacked because of his oline.

Need to mention his 30 yard run.  He juked left and was nothing there then made this nice cut back right side.  Know who he reminds me of?   A young Lynch.  Not the fastest back but very physical and elusive.  Can create on his own.  Can block and catch.

I don't think he's the starter yet.  He now has to get over Rawls.  Who is listed as the starter.

Edited by steelwind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had one nice run for 30 yes then 5 carries for 9. I'd slow the collective roll on Carson until Rawls comes back and then we'll see. NFL Films guru Greg Cosell studied Carsons preseason she said he gets what's blocked but in general a JAG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rawdog said:

He had one nice run for 30 yes then 5 carries for 9. I'd slow the collective roll on Carson until Rawls comes back and then we'll see. NFL Films guru Greg Cosell studied Carsons preseason she said he gets what's blocked but in general a JAG.

A lot of people do this.  Take away the biggest gain and try to downplay overall stats.  That 30 yard run happened.  And he did average 6.5 ypc.  This is why you need to give more credit than deserved.  He did this despite that shotty oline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, need2know said:

It's still a 4 way split with a crappy oline.  Lacy won't just go away

Lacy looked slow, no power and less than agile. No burst at all. He was not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steelwind said:

Watched the game.  Yes Sea o line is bad in this game but Carson has the physicality to make something out of nothing.   I think PC was giving both backs an audition tonight.  Carson won that battle because he started the second half and was the primary carrier.  He also got a goal line carry and played meaningful snaps when they were trying to tie the game.  I noticed on his 10 yard catch how fluid his route running was.  Didn't know he is a good pass catcher.  Also I watched every down he was in and he made all his blocks.  Wilson got sacked because of his oline.

Need to mention his 30 yard run.  He juked left and was nothing there then made this nice cut back right side.  Know who he reminds me of?   A young Lynch.  Not the fastest back but very physical and elusive.  Can create on his own.  Can block and catch.

I don't think he's the starter yet.  He now has to get over Rawls.  Who is listed as the starter.

I was at the game today.  Haven't watched a replay of it yet.  Lacy looked absolutely horrible. He didn't have any blocking, but even so, he was awful.

Carson didn't really have much blocking either, but he looked like he belongs in the NFL.  His stock had to go up after this game if for no other reason than Lacy looked completely done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, rawdog said:

He had one nice run for 30 yes then 5 carries for 9. I'd slow the collective roll on Carson until Rawls comes back and then we'll see. NFL Films guru Greg Cosell studied Carsons preseason she said he gets what's blocked but in general a JAG.

I think his ~3 yd run was more impressive than his 30 yarder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, steelwind said:

A lot of people do this.  Take away the biggest gain and try to downplay overall stats.  That 30 yard run happened.  And he did average 6.5 ypc.  This is why you need to give more credit than deserved.  He did this despite that shotty oline.

B/c one play can be an outlier. Yes, made a nice cutback and it was wide open but it ends up skewing the stats. Go YouTube Rawls' 27-161 performance vs Det last January to remind yourself what he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, saintfool said:

Lacy looked slow, no power and less than agile. No burst at all. He was not good.

He did.  I bet Seattle still runs him out there though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, need2know said:

He did.  I bet Seattle still runs him out there though

i think he's got a body of work that gives him more chances than Carson at this point. that said, Pete Carroll is one of the few coaches that will actually play his best players. Lacy isn't one of his best and is getting passed by the rookie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rawdog said:

He had one nice run for 30 yes then 5 carries for 9. I'd slow the collective roll on Carson until Rawls comes back and then we'll see. NFL Films guru Greg Cosell studied Carsons preseason she said he gets what's blocked but in general a JAG.

So, based on this logic, if you take away Lacy's long run of 6 yards, he went 4 carries for -3 yards.  I'll take 5 for 9.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rawdog said:

B/c one play can be an outlier. Yes, made a nice cutback and it was wide open but it ends up skewing the stats. Go YouTube Rawls' 27-161 performance vs Det last January to remind yourself what he is.

Based on Rawls career thus far that game could be considered an outlier as well.

Rawls doesn't exactly have a strong record of success in the NFL yet seems to get treated as such by some people in the fantasy community. He has five good games, one of those games in 2016.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Based on Rawls career thus far that game could be considered an outlier as well.

Rawls doesn't exactly have a strong record of success in the NFL yet seems to get treated as such by some people in the fantasy community. He has five good games, one of those games in 2016.

 

When Rawls has had 15+ rushing attempts, he's gone over 100 yards in 2/3 of them - exactly 6 out of 9 times. Three times he went over 150. When healthy, he's been very good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Carson looks like the future but I'm not sure when the future begins.   That is one muddy backfield.  

I agree with the bolded.  Instead of wasting time trying to figure out which RB to pursue, I decided to just avoid the whole situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious why everyone is so afraid of Rawls. The guy can't stay on the field.

Add to this that Lacy looks done and Carroll has a history of making bold decisions with rookies (i.e. R. Wilson) and I'm in.

I'm looking to grab Rawls (who was dumped) and hold both for now. SEA's schedule looks pretty sweet. If one grabs the reigns there's a lot of potential here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Curious why everyone is so afraid of Rawls. The guy can't stay on the field.

Add to this that Lacy looks done and Carroll has a history of making bold decisions with rookies (i.e. R. Wilson) and I'm in.

I'm looking to grab Rawls (who was dumped) and hold both for now. SEA's schedule looks pretty sweet. If one grabs the reigns there's a lot of potential here.

Lacy looked horrible in the preseason and abysmal yesterday.  I think in a few weeks time its going to be the CC show especially if Rawls cant get right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole offense looked terrible. Next week at home against SF will give a better idea of what's going on. If I were guessing I'd say Rawls when healthy is the main guy. Lacy is on really thin ice (insert fat joke here). Carson is great speculative bench spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Curious why everyone is so afraid of Rawls. The guy can't stay on the field.

Add to this that Lacy looks done and Carroll has a history of making bold decisions with rookies (i.e. R. Wilson) and I'm in.

I'm looking to grab Rawls (who was dumped) and hold both for now. SEA's schedule looks pretty sweet. If one grabs the reigns there's a lot of potential here.

Yeah, it looks like Carson and Rawls are the backs to own. I have both, thankfully. Good job, C-man, for getting me invested in the Seattle backfield. 

Ugh.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Curious why everyone is so afraid of Rawls. The guy can't stay on the field.

Add to this that Lacy looks done and Carroll has a history of making bold decisions with rookies (i.e. R. Wilson) and I'm in.

I'm looking to grab Rawls (who was dumped) and hold both for now. SEA's schedule looks pretty sweet. If one grabs the reigns there's a lot of potential here.

I'm doing exactly that. I'm holding Bell, Zeke, Crowell, and now Rawls and Carson via draft and FA pickup before first game. 

The three-spot was sweet. I may not win, but this is my best team ever.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Carson played 26-of-49 snaps in the Seahawks' Week 1 loss to the Packers.

C.J. Prosise played 16 while Eddie Lacy was left in the dust with seven. Carson was also the most effective of the trio, rushing six times for 39 yards. Thomas Rawls should get his crack at the starting job once he returns from injury, which could be as early as this week, but Carson has staked his claim as at worst the No. 2 back. He needs to be added in all leagues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lacy was slow and plodding, while Carson looked like he had some jump to him. Also helps that SEA is one of the few teams that will ignore pedigree and just plays guys based upon how they play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Curious why everyone is so afraid of Rawls. The guy can't stay on the field.

Add to this that Lacy looks done and Carroll has a history of making bold decisions with rookies (i.e. R. Wilson) and I'm in.

I'm looking to grab Rawls (who was dumped) and hold both for now. SEA's schedule looks pretty sweet. If one grabs the reigns there's a lot of potential here.

"He's a physical runner. He's got the style that we look for, the tenacity that we look for, and he embodies who we want to be. And he looked healthy. As long as he's healthy, he's that guy."

- Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, on RB Thomas Rawls (September 2016)

Now granted the quote is a year old, and the health is absolutely a valid concern, but the stuff about how Rawls "embodies who we want to be" should stand out. Especially given what Lynch was for that team for so many years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, davearm said:

"He's a physical runner. He's got the style that we look for, the tenacity that we look for, and he embodies who we want to be. And he looked healthy. As long as he's healthy, he's that guy."

- Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, on RB Thomas Rawls (September 2016)

Now granted the quote is a year old, and the health is absolutely a valid concern, but the stuff about how Rawls "embodies who we want to be" should stand out. Especially given what Lynch was for that team for so many years.

 

I think what should stand out more are "as long as he's healthy" and the fact they added 2 RBs since then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shutout said:

I think what should stand out more are "as long as he's healthy" and the fact they added 2 RBs since then. 

Added two and let two go.

If you want to argue that there is a world of difference between Lacy and Christine Michael, or Collins and Carson, then knock yourself out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, davearm said:

Added two and let two go.

If you want to argue that there is a world of difference between Lacy and Christine Michael, or Collins and Carson, then knock yourself out.

I'm not here to argue. just saying that's a quote from a long time ago. things change. And the reality is availability is the best ability sometimes. 

We get to see it soon enough. rawls will play this week. In about a month, we will know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, davearm said:

Added two and let two go.

If you want to argue that there is a world of difference between Lacy and Christine Michael, or Collins and Carson, then knock yourself out.

I have no clue what this means.  Can you unpack it a bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent start. I have him on the bench but I want to hear what Carroll says and what he does this week with the playing time before I put him in. It reminds me a bit of the year I stashed Rawls. Might have to wait a month a 2 before we get to the good part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

I have no clue what this means.  Can you unpack it a bit?

I was responding to the other guy pointing out that the Seahawks added 2 RBs.

While that is true, it'd be more accurate to say that they added 2 RBs, and let 2 RBs go.

Furthermore, the two they added (Lacy, Carson) aren't appreciably different (IMO) than the two they lost (Michael, Collins).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rawls sucks slightly less than lacy...he's been hurt almost as long as lacy has been fat.  The Seahags are begging for Carson to take down those turdbags.

Edited by JIMGET
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, davearm said:

"He's a physical runner. He's got the style that we look for, the tenacity that we look for, and he embodies who we want to be. And he looked healthy. As long as he's healthy, he's that guy."

- Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, on RB Thomas Rawls (September 2016)

Now granted the quote is a year old, and the health is absolutely a valid concern, but the stuff about how Rawls "embodies who we want to be" should stand out. Especially given what Lynch was for that team for so many years.

 

I think the comments about Rawls being a physical runner and that being the style of RB they are looking for in their offense describes Carsons game exactly. And he is healthy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rawls is talented. And Carroll said he is playing this week.

 

Stash Carson sure but I wouldn't expect an immediate return.

 

Id say less than 30% he is a startable rb2 for multiple consecutive weeks this season. The OL is trash. Prosise & Rawls have some talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, packer_junkie said:

Rawls is talented. And Carroll said he is playing this week.

 

Stash Carson sure but I wouldn't expect an immediate return.

 

Id say less than 30% he is a startable rb2 for multiple consecutive weeks this season. The OL is trash. Prosise & Rawls have some talent. 

Carson will have value if Rawls is injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This backfield is going to a nightmare to pick the right RB week to week.  While Eddie is not the lead guy, he still get some carries, Rawls is the lead dog as of today, add in Prosise, Carson, it be a different back each week, plus with a suspect o line, no one is better then a weak RB 4.  Full disclosure as an Eddie owner (not for long), and with Carson on my leagues WW, I running away from this mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

This backfield is going to a nightmare to pick the right RB week to week.  While Eddie is not the lead guy, he still get some carries, Rawls is the lead dog as of today, add in Prosise, Carson, it be a different back each week, plus with a suspect o line, no one is better then a weak RB 4.  Full disclosure as an Eddie owner (not for long), and with Carson on my leagues WW, I running away from this mess.

The hope is that Carson will be startable later in the season. It can be either a genius move or blow up in your face, that's fantasy

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

This backfield is going to a nightmare to pick the right RB week to week.  While Eddie is not the lead guy, he still get some carries, Rawls is the lead dog as of today, add in Prosise, Carson, it be a different back each week, plus with a suspect o line, no one is better then a weak RB 4.  Full disclosure as an Eddie owner (not for long), and with Carson on my leagues WW, I running away from this mess.

Drop Lacy, Add Carson. 

 

enjoy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gopher State said:

This backfield is going to a nightmare to pick the right RB week to week.  While Eddie is not the lead guy, he still get some carries, Rawls is the lead dog as of today, add in Prosise, Carson, it be a different back each week, plus with a suspect o line, no one is better then a weak RB 4.  Full disclosure as an Eddie owner (not for long), and with Carson on my leagues WW, I running away from this mess.

Lacy looked horrible on Sunday.  He should be cut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gopher State said:

This backfield is going to a nightmare to pick the right RB week to week.  While Eddie is not the lead guy, he still get some carries

I'm not so sure abt that. I posted something in the lacy thread abt lacy only getting 7 total snaps. I didn't pay that close of attention but I'm pretty sure all 7 of those were in the first half and probably most in the first quarter, after that it was Carson leading the way with 27 I think and then prosise at 16. Seems like Pete realized lacy wasn't going to do anything so stopped putting him in the game. Probably would only take a couple more carries without much yardage and he won't see the field at all unless multiple guys get hurt. Sadly I say this as a lacy owner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.