What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BREAKING: local man has sex with wife again (1 Viewer)

If you are lucky 6 months. My daughter slept through the night at 5 months, but I got nervous when she didn't wake up that I woke up every 2 hours to check on her for the next month. 
The first time my daughter slept through the night, I was so shocked it was daylight when I woke up I assumed something went horribly wrong.  I cleared the footboard and ran across the hall to the nursery.  Was thrilled to find a healthy sleeping baby.  

congrats cappy i wish you and mom and baby and the rest of your family the absolute best take care of them and yourself this is a great time and i hope that you enjoy it be good brother

I wonder about them sometimes. You know how the the doctor kind if talks you through the birth, well my doctor says, " I  can see the head,  and it has a full head of hair. Do  you want me to braid it before it comes out"  My husband screamed " No, just get that f***in thing out of her already." I was in labor for 19 hours and he had been up for like 30 straight hours. 
Jesus!!

Did we mention that you will never stop worrying about the kid?   It will ebb and flow, but never stop? I feel like we should have brought that up. 
I've woke up multiple times now to see if he was still breathing. 

Went ahead and bought the insane parent sock that just tells you if something goes wrong. I'm stupid. 

I'm stupid. 
Nah. See, you have already entered a new world - parenthood.

Now you can smugly look at other people getting ready to have their first children and think to yourself: "You have no idea what you are getting into."

Welcome to the club.  :banned:

Oh, and buy beer and super glue. Beer for you while you use the super glue to fix all the random kid #### you're gonna have to fix for the next 18 years.

Edit: also buy some twist tie wire clippers. They will come in handy at Christmas time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Little pro-tip for you, new dad:  Since many devices and toys use a crap-ton of batteries, buy your batteries at the Dollar Store.  I can't tell you how much $$$ I've saved stocking up with Dollar Store batteries over the years.  My son once did a 'science experiment' where he tested a few different brands of batteries to see which brand was best - the winner by far was the Dollar Store brand.  Now, this probably wasn't much of an experiment, but damned if it hasn't been a game changer for me.

Congrats! The five best days of my life were the birth of my two kids, my wedding day, and the days my team won the Superbowl. Not saying the order though.  :bag:

Here is my story.

I'm guessing your hospital just like ours put a little GPS tracker around your babies ankle or maybe they don't do this anymore.  Anyway this tracker is used by the staff to monitor the babies whearabouts and if an alarm goes off the doors automatically lock and the wing gets shut down.  

So the nurses let us know make sure you don't tamper with it or try to take it off because it will trigger the alarm. 

I decide, ok  time to change my sweet daughter for the first time.  I'm changing her ever so carefully and the hospital alarm is going off.  I look at my wife, and tell her "Ha some schmuck must have knocked off the gps tracker"

I continue on with my DAD GOAL.

5 seconds later 2 nurses come barreling into our room.

"Is everything ok?"  

I'm completely confused and scared at this point... 

My wife is like "yeah why?"

Nurses come over to me see I'm changing the baby. 

The tracker is right where it's been this whole time.   

"Nurse, did the tracker get wet by any chance"  

"Me :shrug:  maybe when I was pulling off the old diaper."

She gives me a look, mumbles how she hates these thing and reminds me TO BE CAREFUL!!!

:lmao:

I WAS THE ### #### SCHMUCK

The hospital was really awesome for us when my daughter was born, nurses were amazing, great room for us, the whole deal. 

But that ####### GPS tracker was put around my daughter's ankle either in the wrong spot or too tightly. When we left and had it taken off, we realized that the thing was digging into her foot the whole time and it left a deep cut. Thankfully some antibiotic cream healed it pretty quickly but coming up on 9 months later and she still has a scar. 

Obviously nothing in the grand scheme of things, but a PSA to any future dads to just take a peek at that thing and make sure it's on securely but comfortably. 

Here is my story.

I'm guessing your hospital just like ours put a little GPS tracker around your babies ankle or maybe they don't do this anymore.  Anyway this tracker is used by the staff to monitor the babies whearabouts and if an alarm goes off the doors automatically lock and the wing gets shut down.  

So the nurses let us know make sure you don't tamper with it or try to take it off because it will trigger the alarm. 

I decide, ok  time to change my sweet daughter for the first time.  I'm changing her ever so carefully and the hospital alarm is going off.  I look at my wife, and tell her "Ha some schmuck must have knocked off the gps tracker"

I continue on with my DAD GOAL.

5 seconds later 2 nurses come barreling into our room.

"Is everything ok?"  

I'm completely confused and scared at this point... 

My wife is like "yeah why?"

Nurses come over to me see I'm changing the baby. 

The tracker is right where it's been this whole time.   

"Nurse, did the tracker get wet by any chance"  

"Me :shrug:  maybe when I was pulling off the old diaper."

She gives me a look, mumbles how she hates these thing and reminds me TO BE CAREFUL!!!

:lmao:

I WAS THE ### #### SCHMUCK
We'll all had bands with a barcode but I don't know what happened if his fell off. They were always asking us to scan ours though. They didn't mention anything to us about an alarm, but there were security checkpoints everywhere. 

In all seriousness on the exhaustion, you'll adjust to it over time. I was never a big sleeper to begin with so shifting to a new parent sleep schedule may have been easier for me than others. My advice though is to not fall in the habit of taking every minute of downtime to just lay on the couch. For me, that just led to being even more tired. If I didn't have enough time to take an actual nap and catch up a bit, I would take the kid in the stroller and go for long walks. It kept my energy up and fresh air helped. I live in a very walkable town so that was pretty satisfying. I have a gym in my building and some days I would head there even if just for 15 minutes to get some level of activity in. 

Football season is the best though. My best memories are those first few months where we would watch the Chiefs on a Sunday, and my son would just lay on my lap sleeping while I watched the game.

To he honest, I probably watched him more than the game, but I'll never forget that time of his life. Did that with all 3 of my kids.

Football season is the best though. My best memories are those first few months where we would watch the Chiefs on a Sunday, and my son would just lay on my lap sleeping while I watched the game.

To he honest, I probably watched him more than the game, but I'll never forget that time of his life. Did that with all 3 of my kids.
Mrs_ITwinkie and our first born did NOT get along well at first. Tried to do the whole breastfeeding thing, which isn't so natural at first. They were both super tired, Mrs_IT was trying to "perfectMom" and would get stressed out when the next attempt didn't go so well. Eldest would get upset. Mrs_IT would get more upset. And so on. I had been convincing myself that kids cry and its ok from the moment I was informed she was preggers. It became a mantra on an endless loop in my head the entire pregnancy So I'd pick my daughter up and she'd calm down. I figured she could tell I wasn't stressed about it and it helped soothe her. While it may have helped my daughter, but it just added fuel to the hormone stew and "perfectMom" angst my wife was raging under. Rinse repeat. The upshot of all this was that I got to spend lots of time watching the worst TV at 0Dark-Thrity with my daughter. She'd be curled up in my arms as I watched re-runs of 1970s bowling shows and whatever else is on when no one else in the world is watching TV. It was great. I miss those times dearly.

(Especially now... as she's a senior and we are in the middle of applying for colleges... I am still trying to find the jerk that gave her permission to grow up) 

Mrs_ITwinkie and our first born did NOT get along well at first. Tried to do the whole breastfeeding thing, which isn't so natural at first. They were both super tired, Mrs_IT was trying to "perfectMom" and would get stressed out when the next attempt didn't go so well. Eldest would get upset. Mrs_IT would get more upset. And so on. I had been convincing myself that kids cry and its ok from the moment I was informed she was preggers. It became a mantra on an endless loop in my head the entire pregnancy So I'd pick my daughter up and she'd calm down. I figured she could tell I wasn't stressed about it and it helped soothe her. While it may have helped my daughter, but it just added fuel to the hormone stew and "perfectMom" angst my wife was raging under. Rinse repeat. The upshot of all this was that I got to spend lots of time watching the worst TV at 0Dark-Thrity with my daughter. She'd be curled up in my arms as I watched re-runs of 1970s bowling shows and whatever else is on when no one else in the world is watching TV. It was great. I miss those times dearly.

(Especially now... as she's a senior and we are in the middle of applying for colleges... I am still trying to find the jerk that gave her permission to grow up) 
My wife and I quickly discovered I was the one better suited to handle the overnight feedings those first few months.  We added a bunch of movie channels to our TV package (no DVR yet), and I could usually find "The Fast And The Furious" (which had just hit cable) on one of them late at night.  

Just had our first mini-panic. MIL was here and thought he looked blue above and under his lips. Yelled at me from the next room so I came in and did that baby back tap thing. He seemed fine. 

This is terrifying. Jesus. 

Just had our first mini-panic. MIL was here and thought he looked blue above and under his lips. Yelled at me from the next room so I came in and did that baby back tap thing. He seemed fine. 

This is terrifying. Jesus. 
When our baby was a few days older than Lincoln is right now, she was doing some labored breathing late at night.  As first-time parents working on no sleep and some respiratory illness in the bloodlines, we packed her in the car seat and drove to the ER.  

We brought her in, and the ER doctor put her on an exam table and listened to her breathe.  He then reached into his lab coat, pulled out a suction bulb, and put the narrow end up the baby’s nose.

So yeah, this is the story of when we drove to the ER to get a big booger removed.  

The doctor was super nice about it.  There was no action in the ER at the time, so he went ahead and gave her a full examination.  “Well, what we have here is a healthy baby.... don’t beat yourself up.  We see a lot of first-time parents on the night shift.”

I bought one of those “nasal aspirators” the next day and quickly became a booger-sucking ninja.  

I wonder about them sometimes. You know how the the doctor kind if talks you through the birth, well my doctor says, " I  can see the head,  and it has a full head of hair. Do  you want me to braid it before it comes out"  My husband screamed " No, just get that f***in thing out of her already." I was in labor for 19 hours and he had been up for like 30 straight hours. 
I was there snapping selfies of the 3 of us right after the delivery when the nurse shouted at me "put the phone down and help!" (with the clean up and stuff I guess?)  :shrug:

:mellow:

Is that normal? 

When our baby was a few days older than Lincoln is right now, she was doing some labored breathing late at night.  As first-time parents working on no sleep and some respiratory illness in the bloodlines, we packed her in the car seat and drove to the ER.  

We brought her in, and the ER doctor put her on an exam table and listened to her breathe.  He then reached into his lab coat, pulled out a suction bulb, and put the narrow end up the baby’s nose.

So yeah, this is the story of when we drove to the ER to get a big booger removed.  

The doctor was super nice about it.  There was no action in the ER at the time, so he went ahead and gave her a full examination.  “Well, what we have here is a healthy baby.... don’t beat yourself up.  We see a lot of first-time parents on the night shift.”

I bought one of those “nasal aspirators” the next day and quickly became a booger-sucking ninja.  
#### man that's gonna be me at some point. Guarantee it. 

Awesome story. 

Users who are viewing this thread