What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BREAKING: local man has sex with wife again (1 Viewer)

Read this very carefully:

Do not have a second child. Literally minutes after the birth of this child people will start asking when is it time for number two. The answer is never. A year or so later you will forget the hell these next 9 months or so will be. When that happens, punch yourself in the balls and dont sleep for 48 hours.  People will pressure you saying you dont want an only child, they need somebody to play with, to help take care of you amd your wife in old age. Ignore these people. They do not have your best interests or the child's in mind; they just want you to suffer as much as they have. 
:thumbup:  one is good with me. Her, not so much. 

I'll counter this and say two is pretty amazing. The second one came out and I genuinely got to enjoy every moment without the overiding and persistent fear of breaking it. plus, our first is a total #######.
My second (5months old) finally fell asleep and stopped crying in his crib at 6am after starting bedtime routine at 7pm. 

My second (5months old) finally fell asleep and stopped crying in his crib at 6am after starting bedtime routine at 7pm. 
my second slept without problem from pretty early on. my first was the #######.

and I thought 4 months was about when they started sleeping well. yours was a month late... my most sincere sympathies.

Do not have a second child. Literally minutes after the birth of this child people will start asking when is it time for number two. The answer is never. A year or so later you will forget the hell these next 9 months or so will be. When that happens, punch yourself in the balls and dont sleep for 48 hours.  People will pressure you saying you dont want an only child, they need somebody to play with, to help take care of you amd your wife in old age. Ignore these people. They do not have your best interests or the child's in mind; they just want you to suffer as much as they have. 
Actual conversation when my daughter was about 3 years old.

Mrs. S: Am I an irresponsible parent if I don't give her a sibling?

Me: Do you want to have a second child?

Mrs. S: No, not really.

Me: It seems to me like having a second child you don't want would make you an irresponsible parent.

Just know what you both want and why you want it.  You and they will be fine either way. 

my second slept without problem from pretty early on. my first was the #######.
Me too. 

First kid almost killed me. Second was a piece of cake.

I figured it was because with the first we were jittery and worried about everything and every time the baby fussed or made a squeak, we were there to check on him or comfort him.

In other words, he trained us

We were much more relaxed with the second one. We knew we weren't going to break her and that a little crying wouldn't be the end of the world. And we got lucky too.

Third one...sent my already crazy ex- over the edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. 

First kid almost killed me. Second was a piece of cake.

I figured it was because with the first we were jittery and worried about everything and every time the baby fussed or made a squeak, we were there to check on him or comfort him.

In other words, he trained us

We were much more relaxed with the second one. We knew we weren't going to break her and that a little crying wouldn't be the end of the world. And we got lucky too.

Third one...sent my already crazy ex- over the edge.
Same here on the first one. I rocked or walked him to sleep every night. Never put him in the crib awake. 2, 3 and 4, all went down when it was time whether they were asleep or not. Sometimes you have to let them cry it out. Once you can do that, bedtime is cake. 

Bob Sacamano said:
Actual conversation when my daughter was about 3 years old.

Mrs. S: Am I an irresponsible parent if I don't give her a sibling?

Me: Do you want to have a second child?

Mrs. S: No, not really.

Me: It seems to me like having a second child you don't want would make you an irresponsible parent.

Just know what you both want and why you want it.  You and they will be fine either way. 
"No, your constant drinking makes you an irresponsible parent."

drummer said:
Did not read the whole thread, but was the wife the local man's wife, or someone else's wife?
My wife, but years ago I had sex with somebody else's wife, but to be fair she didn't till me until substantially later. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:
I probably would have given the same advice against 2 kids when my second kid was between 3 months and 1 year.   That's a rough period. 

proninja said:
Cappy. You'll hear lots of this kind of stuff. You don't actually have to do anything, other than feed them, love them, and give them shelter. The basic stuff. Everyone has opinions on the big parenting controversies, and if you can block out everyone else's opinion and do what you think is best for your kid, you'll probably be a lot happier. Analyze. Read. Learn. Then do what you think is best for your family. Cry it out to sleep train or not. Spank or not. Milk or formula. All this crap with kids is worse than politics and religion. 

Fanatic, I don't mean to pick on you, and I don't care if you use CIO, but it's not the only way. 
Oh, I hear you. I'm net letting them cry it out for 30 minutes, but I'm also not rushing back in after 4 minutes of crying. Not entirely sure where the happy medium is, but it usually depends on the type of cry. And parents learn the different types of cry. The "I'm just lonely and bored cry" is not going to get much attention in my house with kids (ranging from 9 to 1). It's just not possible. And I will say this, I have 4 kids who are constantly yelling to be heard over each other and all of my children sleep like rocks. They learned that when they went down it was time for sleep and how to self soothe and get back to sleep on their own. My kids being able to self soothe is vital to my sanity. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:

I have an almost 3 year old and a <1 year old and I feel like this almost everyday. But everyone assures me that in a year or so this period of the parents hating life passes. I'm looking forward to that and I'm sure it will be worth having a second kid in the long run (mine are already showing great affection for each other), but I certainly would have waited longer than 2 years for the second if I were to do it over again. 

I have an almost 3 year old and a <1 year old and I feel like this almost everyday. But everyone assures me that in a year or so this period of the parents hating life passes. I'm looking forward to that and I'm sure it will be worth having a second kid in the long run (mine are already showing great affection for each other), but I certainly would have waited longer than 2 years for the second if I were to do it over again. 
2.5 year and 5 month old boys here. They love each other and it is fun to watch. Rough night and morning (and month)

in all my dealings with "only children" --- I can only think that by NOT having a second child, you're doing EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD A CRUEL DISSERVICE.

I don't know if I've ever met one that wasn't selfish, narcissistic and devoid of compassion.

in all my dealings with "only children" --- I can only think that by NOT having a second child, you're doing EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD A CRUEL DISSERVICE.

I don't know if I've ever met one that wasn't selfish, narcissistic and devoid of compassion.
Watch out for all the parents of only children. They are coming for you, with pitchforks and torches.

I think what you say is probably a pretty decent generalization. But clearly there are going to be lots of exception.

I have no kids but having two siblings and seeing plenty of other families with just one child....I gotta say....I think a large percentage of these only children end up to be a little "off". It's like they need at least one sibling to pick on them, motivate them, help them get laid, etc. A lot of only children grow up to either be entitled or just plain weird.

Yeah, I said it.

HOT TAKE

You ####### sicko.usr be part of the Clinton Pizzagate ring.

forst you have sex with your wife, now with your baby? Just disgusting!

:coffee:  

Why have more kids if you get it right on the first try? 

btw, I'm not narcissistic

I have no kids but having two siblings and seeing plenty of other families with just one child....I gotta say....I think a large percentage of these only children end up to be a little "off". It's like they need at least one sibling to pick on them, motivate them, help them get laid, etc. A lot of only children grow up to either be entitled or just plain weird.

Yeah, I said it.

HOT TAKE
i am dating an only child - i can confirm this, at least from my sample group of one.  

This will be an interesting test, because my entire life has been a series of decisions that further only my own self-interests. 

Users who are viewing this thread