What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (2 Viewers)

If M. Jones injury is serious he's going to be a target monster.

CAR CB Bradberry held A. Jeffery down pretty good. Not sure if he'd be matched up with Golloday.

Targets:   4, 9, BYE, 2, 1, 4, 13

He should receive 10+ targets a game and Kerryon should always get 20+ touches if this offense is ever going to find it's way again.

DocHolliday said:
Totally agree.  
As do I, good call @Angry spiders -- wonder if the best case scenario is Jones playing but the knee limits him to being more of a decoy. CAR's corners aren't particularly scary, but they have two Pro Bowl safeties in Eric Reid and Mike Adams, so Jones playing gimpy could help free up space for Golladay.

@DocHolliday - Golladay had 13 targets, Cooper had 10. Cooper is up against a fairly porous ATL secondary. Who are you going with this weekend?

For me, have a tough choice in my PPR league in terms of who to slot in WRs and flex -- need to choose between Golladay and Cooper and Alshon Jeffrey (who is up against a similarly poor NO pass D) and Tarik Cohen and Lindsay. 

Right now leaning Golladay, Cooper, and Lindsay, but not sure. Must win game to secure a shot at the playoffs. 

As do I, good call @Angry spiders -- wonder if the best case scenario is Jones playing but the knee limits him to being more of a decoy. CAR's corners aren't particularly scary, but they have two Pro Bowl safeties in Eric Reid and Mike Adams, so Jones playing gimpy could help free up space for Golladay.

@DocHolliday - Golladay had 13 targets, Cooper had 10. Cooper is up against a fairly porous ATL secondary. Who are you going with this weekend?

For me, have a tough choice in my PPR league in terms of who to slot in WRs and flex -- need to choose between Golladay and Cooper and Alshon Jeffrey (who is up against a similarly poor NO pass D) and Tarik Cohen and Lindsay. 

Right now leaning Golladay, Cooper, and Lindsay, but not sure. Must win game to secure a shot at the playoffs. 
@Stompin' Tom Connors

Stomp,

I finally get Cook back (Yeah!) as my RB2 to go along with Barkley.  I have Diggs, Golladay, and Cooper to fill 2 WR spots.  I actually like Cooper most of those 3 and cannot sit Diggs.  I have a flex spot to fill with the remaining WR or Cohen so Golladay doesn't come out of the mix.   

Funny that you have Cohen on your roster as well.  Cohen vs Gollady is really the decision this week at the flex spot.  My choices are a little easier this week since Landry and Duke Johnson (nice flex now) are on a bye.  Goodwin is another WR on my roster but never considered. 

That's the whole story no matter if you wanted it or not.  Cook's injury has killed me.  I probably have to win the next 3 weeks to get into the playoffs. 

Targets:   4, 9, BYE, 2, 1, 4, 13

He should receive 10+ targets a game and Kerryon should always get 20+ touches if this offense is ever going to find it's way again.
This is the hard part. His targets until last week were just too low. I look at KG versus an option like Amari Cooper who is consistently getting more targets, and it’s just hard to go with KG. Of course if this 13 Target game is the start of a new trend, that’s different. 

I know CAR's outside corners can be beat but even if Jones plays, you have to imagine he will be in some discomfort depending on how bad the bruise is. Considering that CAR"s strength on defense is their run D, that really only leaves Golladay as a viable threat. Targets are targets but I'm off him this week.

I know CAR's outside corners can be beat but even if Jones plays, you have to imagine he will be in some discomfort depending on how bad the bruise is. Considering that CAR"s strength on defense is their run D, that really only leaves Golladay as a viable threat. Targets are targets but I'm off him this week.
I read this as pro-Golladay and was surprised by your last sentence.  I'm on him this week.

If this guy performs down the stretch in the flex for me I have a great chance to win the title.  Let’s go Kenny Go-All-Day!

Currently have him in the lineup over E. Sanders.  CAR is consistently giving up more yards/tds to WRs than the Chargers.

Just traded my 3rd round pick for a fifth back in next year’s draft (keep 2) to acquire Diggs to play matchups with Kenny Gone-Some-Sundays down the stretch and in the playoffs.  

Just don’t trust Kenny (or Lindsay) in the flex on the regular.  

I read this as pro-Golladay and was surprised by your last sentence.  I'm on him this week.

If this guy performs down the stretch in the flex for me I have a great chance to win the title.  Let’s go Kenny Go-All-Day!
One of you is going to be right. I desperately wish I knew who, though.

So funny that the same issue (in this case, Jones being dinged) can either be awesome for Kenny (more targets!) or terrible for Kenny (more focus as the only viable receiving option thus easier to double and shut down). 

Such is life.

@Stompin' Tom Connors

Stomp,

I finally get Cook back (Yeah!) as my RB2 to go along with Barkley.  I have Diggs, Golladay, and Cooper to fill 2 WR spots.  I actually like Cooper most of those 3 and cannot sit Diggs.  I have a flex spot to fill with the remaining WR or Cohen so Golladay doesn't come out of the mix.   

Funny that you have Cohen on your roster as well.  Cohen vs Gollady is really the decision this week at the flex spot.  My choices are a little easier this week since Landry and Duke Johnson (nice flex now) are on a bye.  Goodwin is another WR on my roster but never considered. 

That's the whole story no matter if you wanted it or not.  Cook's injury has killed me.  I probably have to win the next 3 weeks to get into the playoffs. 
Oh, I wanted it all right. Thanks for the whole story.

FWIW, I think your approach is right on, leaning to Golladay over Cohen although it may end up 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other.

All of these guys -- Cooper, Golladay, Cohen -- all project similarly for me in terms of opportunity. Comes down to specific match ups and coverage, I guess. 

One of you is going to be right. I desperately wish I knew who, though.

So funny that the same issue (in this case, Jones being dinged) can either be awesome for Kenny (more targets!) or terrible for Kenny (more focus as the only viable receiving option thus easier to double and shut down). 

Such is life.
Stafford is an above avg. QB and Golladay an above average WR.  I have faith in the offense winning at home even if he does get all the attention.

I can't see sitting him after watching Carolina give up 50 last week.  There were major breakdowns in the secondary.  Detroit is being written off after two road games against two great defenses and this seems like a good spot for them to get back on track.

I think I'm going to throw him in over Boyd. Better matchup but both cin and det OL is pourous. Seems like a toss.

Homers have any thoughts/expectations on Golladay beyond this season? Is he a future #1? Is Stafford here long term? 

Just traded John Ross, Callaway, and Gallup for him in a PPR dynasty. First time I've owned him and feel like I got a great deal

so tate gone... MJJ probably out.... so clearly Golladay will get... 4 targets
Dammit, I'd really like to get consensus about whether MJJ potentially being out is good or bad for our boy Kenny G. 

My feeling is that against this team, who has solid safeties, this just allows tighter bracket coverage and a tougher row to hoe for Golladay.

If Jones for whatever makes it on the field, I am 100% putting Golladay in as Jones as a decoy would definitely help. IMO.

Dammit, I'd really like to get consensus about whether MJJ potentially being out is good or bad for our boy Kenny G. 

My feeling is that against this team, who has solid safeties, this just allows tighter bracket coverage and a tougher row to hoe for Golladay.

If Jones for whatever makes it on the field, I am 100% putting Golladay in as Jones as a decoy would definitely help. IMO.
Fire up Riddick

Homers have any thoughts/expectations on Golladay beyond this season? Is he a future #1? Is Stafford here long term? 
I think Golladay has the look of a future WR1. His game right now is a lot bigger than his name so in dynasty I see him as a player to target. His fantasy output has been up and down this season but the off games seem way more related to lack of volume than to him playing poorly. I don’t feel super confident about the Lions at the moment but Golladay’s tape is pretty hard to criticize, I think he’s the real deal.

I think Golladay has the look of a future WR1. His game right now is a lot bigger than his name so in dynasty I see him as a player to target. His fantasy output has been up and down this season but the off games seem way more related to lack of volume than to him playing poorly. I don’t feel super confident about the Lions at the moment but Golladay’s tape is pretty hard to criticize, I think he’s the real deal.
Golladay is a good WR.  He needs targets.  I hope Jones is on the field.   That will keep coverage honest.  

Keep hearing all the news that Golladay and now Theo Riddick are basically all the real threats for targets and Golladay will get the best coverage and perhaps double or triple teams. I hear Theo is a play in ppr formats because he is bound to get 8-10 targets or more, some from the slot. Is Golladay still a play over an Ingram or TY / Boyd and Ridley? Golladay will see targets. Will Stafford be inconsistent and Lions simply suck?

I do agree with the last couple comments.

Golladay is a good WR.  He needs targets.  I hope Jones is on the field.   That will keep coverage honest.  

I drafted him late in a few redraft leagues, still not sold on him.  He's starting to feel a lot more like Roy Williams or Devin Funchess than Calvin Johnson....

He will get tons of looks assuming Stafford isn't decapitated by a very angry Panthers team... but he doesn't separate well, perhaps this will come with more experience, or perhaps with a new offensive coordinator.  Detroit has regressed quite a bit.

How is his route running ability? For some reason I don't remember it being too refined. Seems to use his height and athletic ability more than anything. 

I guess all these reasons above is what keeps us in a quandary of whether to start him at WR or Flex, giving the choices we have. Normally, you'd say he's a solid WR #2, this week nobody really knows. 

I don't have much of a choice but to start him, but feeling more good than bad about it. Reasons:

* Increased touches.

* Gamescript should flip to catchup mode.

* CAR secondary is not that great. They've been riddled on several occasions. 

* At home.

I don't have much of a choice but to start him, but feeling more good than bad about it. Reasons:

* Increased touches.

* Gamescript should flip to catchup mode.

* CAR secondary is not that great. They've been riddled on several occasions. 

* At home.
True that...

He is a great flex play...WR 2 - yeah,  I suppose so.  Let's be frank, WR's, other than a handful - and we all know who they are, are hit or miss.  

With this offense, and this qb, at home,  against a good (not great) CAR defense, I would think we could expect a medium floor, high ceiling.  There is a HUGE landscape of possible outcomes for this game...

How do keepers feel about him, is he pretty much a lock to be there #1 in the near future?
Time will tell if he can handle going against top corners. Detroit desperately needs to add talent at the WR/TE position to help balance the offense. Golladay has improved and could develop into a number one but he is not there yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread