What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kenny Golladay, NYG (2 Viewers)

Can we all just admit he's at least a WR2 in FF and move on? It's pretty obvious at this point that his volume and his ability gives him that.  

Huh. How do you work your keepers? What round was he drafted? 
Fournette looks like he will have a short lived NFL career and what career effectiveness he does have gets sapped a little bit with each leg injury.

People love his name recognition and draft capital but he really wasn't very efficient last year and hasn't looked very efficient this year. He's a volume play that doesn't seem built to sustain volume. Not a.good combo.

As a long term prospect I can easily see valuing Golladay over Fournette.

Fournette looks like he will have a short lived NFL career and what career effectiveness he does have gets sapped a little bit with each leg injury.

People love his name recognition and draft capital but he really wasn't very efficient last year and hasn't looked very efficient this year. He's a volume play that doesn't seem built to sustain volume. Not a.good combo.

As a long term prospect I can easily see valuing Golladay over Fournette.
Sure. Wasn't judging. I was just wondering. I can also see valuing Golladay over Fournette given the situation. 

I'm not sold on a guy that keeps having leg injuries, either. Like jdoggydogg was saying in another thread, he tends to stay away from injuries. I don't blame anybody who does. I'm relatively relativist about how people approach their teams. I was just looking for more details, which is how you really gauge consensus value, IMO. Anarchy99 also keeps gently pointing this out in threads.  

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks great. How are the Lions going to mess this up? 
The same way they messed up with Calvin Johnson. Throw only 1 or 2 passes his way in the 1st half. Ebron leaves and is a scoring machine in Indy. This team is the worst at utilizing their weapons. I for  one, think Stafford sucks. Compounded by horrible play calling.

They called hands to the face- clearly a penalty. Kenny Clark had to leave the gme cause his eye got messed up.

either way- golladay is a monster. GB had no chance vs him today

Tate may still end up targeted more come end of season, but Golladay had more targets today, and as usual, did more with his receptions.

At worst, Golladay is the WR1a.

And is certainly the WR1 on my squad -- the most dependable option over a lot of guys who are normally unquestioned Top 15.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Tate may still end up targeted more come end of season, but Golladay had more targets today, and as usual, did more with his receptions.

At worst, Golladay is the WR1a.

And is certainly the WR1 on my squad -- the most dependable option over a lot of guys who are normally unquestioned Top 15.
Yep. Golladay has saved my main league team, going late in rounds, compensating for my own bad moves. 

Golladay. 

Say it. Remember it. 

Yeah I'm never sitting him again.  He's on a bye this week and I might play him because I feel bad for sitting him this week.  Luckily I played him in daily but in my leagues, never again.  

Two weeks ago I dealt Cohen, Lindsay and a 2019 1st for James White and Golladay.

Still loving that deal. Dynasty - 12 team PPR 

I think he has a monster year. He's as close to Megatron as Stafford has had since he left.

If you extrapolate his stats over 11 games last year, over 16 games he would have had:

40 / 693 / 4 Touchdowns

So getting him to 1,000 yards and double digit touchdowns with him actually being on the field isn't a stretch.

You gotta remember, Golden Tate is probably gone next year. And, in my opinion, Marvin Jones is a product of Matt Stafford and not vice versa.

He has the potential to be "the guy" in Detroit.
:coffee:

Went after him pretty aggressively in two leagues a couple weeks back and got turned down - looks like may have dodged a bullet.

So,  what's  going on here? 
Here's my take. Lions rushed so effectively last week in Miami that his 2 targets were probably more or less just a casualty of game flow. Somewhat understandable.This week, it seemed the Lions truly game planned Marvin Jones into the mix more because of a particular match up. Throw in the fact that the Lions only had 3 total drives in the first half due to Seattle ball control and 3 drives in the second half ended in turnover or the half. They only had 9 drives in the game and 4 were in the 4th quarter.

However, 3 total targets to their best WR in two games is completely inexcusable. Oh and btw....he's caught all 3.  :rolleyes:  

I would imagine things change big time for Mr. Golladay this coming week.

It's strange, but since the bye week, it looks like Stafford is intentionally trying to get the ball more to Tate and Jones.  Yesterday, he was forcing the ball to Tate and it ended up biting him with what was effectively a game ending interception.

1st off, Stafford stinks. He threw the ball right to the defender at the end of the game. He's terrible. Golladay is the new Calvin. Don't throw to the best WR, lose the game. Come back the next week, throw to him & win. Forget how to win, go back to throwing to hacks and lose again. I thought it was the OC but now I believe Stafford has no clue what he's doing out there.

Bad matchup. Yeah this gave me an L. My fault. But was this a bad matchup? Or part of a trend. Because I believe this makes 2 weeks straight. I suspect this has something to do with Det going run heavy with KJohnson but I don't think I have the time to check the data.

He'll be fine. Have to remember he was overachieving prior to the last two weeks so this is just part of bringing him back to the mean. 

I was just offered Dalvin Cook plus one of the following players (Breida, Golladay, Cooper or J. Gordon) for Kupp in PPR dynasty. I love Kupp, but I think I might have to take this, but go w/Golladay. Thoughts?

So,  what's  going on here? 
They were showcasing Tate to shop him around. Worked for them.

Obviously a big uptick now for Golladay. Roberts and Riddick (and maybe Kerryon) will take some of Tate's targets, but I think Golladay and Jones will be firmly in the 5-10 targets/game range now.

They were showcasing Tate to shop him around. Worked for them.

Obviously a big uptick now for Golladay. Roberts and Riddick (and maybe Kerryon) will take some of Tate's targets, but I think Golladay and Jones will be firmly in the 5-10 targets/game range now.
Who's going to play the slot?

Users who are viewing this thread