What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zeke up for sexual assault suspension? (1 Viewer)

fruity pebbles

Footballguy
Didnt see a thread on this, just a post in the Zeke thread. We've all seen the video by now of him pulling down the womans top at the St Pattys day parade. Wouldnt surprise me if he gets a two game suspension for making the NFL look bad. How about keeping your hands to yourself. With the amount it takes to invest in him, particularly in dynasty, i dont think the price is worth it. Trouble seems to follow this guy. 

Woman's group calls for suspension. With the way the NFL has been portrayed towards women, it wouldnt shock me if he sits a couple games. Its the first story right now on the talk shows.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/13/ezekiel-elliott-shaunna-thomas-womens-rights/
There is video of her voluntarily pulling her top down on her own. Think Mardi Gras.

You may be right, trouble may follow him around. But this won't be one of those times trouble comes to roost.

There is video of her voluntarily pulling her top down on her own. Think Mardi Gras.

You may be right, trouble may follow him around. But this won't be one of those times trouble comes to roost.
Does it matter if she later pulled it down on her own? They are her boobs. Her slapping his hand away was not a good look. How stupid do you have to be to do this when you still have a sexual assault investigation against you no less.

Doesn't matter.  She can do what she wants with her ####, he cannot.  It's 2017 now.  I don't like the degree to which it gets taken sometimes, but I don't disagree with the concept.  This should be a misdemeanor charge and he should get a suspension by the NFL.  If you don't take a stand on the little things they become big things.

Last edited by a moderator:
A short suspension wouldn't surprise me.  He is a young face of the NFL and I think the NFL wants to send a stern warning that won't go unnoticed.  However, I'm not adjusting him down in my dynasty rankings for this.

That doesn't mean a thing. 
Is there audio? If she asked him to it would.

Anyways, tired of the endless nfl rumors, wish they'd stick to worrying about the game on the field because that's where the real problems are. Police and the courts should be dealing with the other stuff.

Anyways, tired of the endless nfl rumors, wish they'd stick to worrying about the game on the field because that's where the real problems are. Police and the courts should be dealing with the other stuff.
It's assault.  

And to the NFL (and I imagine the owners), their REAL worry isn't just about the game on the field....it's about generating profit.  If they go lean on one of their superstars ASSAULTING a girl....that could effect their bottom line.  

She slapped his hand away so thinking she didnt ask him.

As the husband of an attorney, this is assault. 

For those saying, "well she pulled her own top down." That doesn't matter one bit. Let's take this a step further. If a woman sleeps with a random guy, does that give another random guy the right to rape her? 

I would count on a suspension. In today's day where everyone has a cell phone and is constantly recording everything and posting it online to feed their egos, you think that athletes might be on better behavior. Too bad. He has to learn the hard way. Maybe during his suspension someone can teach him how to treat women appropriately

I think the commish needs to step in here and set an example...and force a trade to the Redskins for their 7th rounder.  :drive:

Is she pressing charges? Kind of seems like she was asking the crowd if they were cheering for Zeke or her chest. Points at her chest, then to Zeke.....  Anyway, if she doesn't press charges, is there an offense that would warrant a suspension?  Definitely a poor choice as a public figure but she really didn't seem that upset. Yes, she pulled away in the video which was definitely edited to show only that tiny portion and not the events leading up to or following, and I'm not saying she was asking for it or anything but she was wearing a white shirt and no bra.....those babies were coming out at some point.  Was she just building the drama by pulling away or was she on her way to bible study...the rest of the video will likely tell the tale.

Is she pressing charges? Kind of seems like she was asking the crowd if they were cheering for Zeke or her chest. Points at her chest, then to Zeke.....  Anyway, if she doesn't press charges, is there an offense that would warrant a suspension?  Definitely a poor choice as a public figure but she really didn't seem that upset. Yes, she pulled away in the video which was definitely edited to show only that tiny portion and not the events leading up to or following, and I'm not saying she was asking for it or anything but she was wearing a white shirt and no bra.....those babies were coming out at some point.  Was she just building the drama by pulling away or was she on her way to bible study...the rest of the video will likely tell the tale.
Yes, we only have a snip of the entire encounter but, again, what she was wearing/where she was going/she was doing it anyway is no defense. It's sexual assault unless she asked him to do it. Even if he did it 10 times prior with her permission and she didn't want him to do it 1 time, it's still sexual assault. 

She hasn't pressed charges, yet, but I'm guessing either charges will be filed or she will be contacting him asking for a payoff. Not a bad get rich quick scheme. 

Based on what he wore to the draft last year, you knew his decision making was suspect................

In this day and age, they have to learn that virtually everything a high profile athlete does in public is recorded by someone.  Wise up young man, you have the world by the tail.  Stop being stupid.

The rest of the video doesn't matter at all.  You can't pull down another person's shirt without consent.  I don't care if she lives in a nudist colony and this was the only time she had a shirt on.

The rest of the video doesn't matter at all.  You can't pull down another person's shirt without consent.  I don't care if she lives in a nudist colony and this was the only time she had a shirt on.
The rest of the video matters a ton.  Her gestures could certainly be construed as consent and if there's more that could be even more mitigating.  He should still know better, which is why I suggested a misdemeanor, but her behavior is absolutely relevant.

The rest of the video matters a ton.  Her gestures could certainly be construed as consent and if there's more that could be even more mitigating.  He should still know better, which is why I suggested a misdemeanor, but her behavior is absolutely relevant.
How bout the gestures of her smacking his hand away, quickly pulling up her shirt and looking embarrassed? 

She hasn't pressed charges, and I doubt will.  Apparently they were all "friends" and they both (with others) were hanging out for hours after this event.  I doubt she'd be doing that if she feels she was just assaulted. 

How bout the gestures of her smacking his hand away, quickly pulling up her shirt and looking embarrassed? 
No question her reaction indicates that it wasn't welcome.  Did you not read the part where I said I felt charges and suspension were still warranted?

Then why does the rest of the video matter a ton?
It puts the situation into context, obviously.  If the rest of the video showed Zeke dragging the girl up to that balcony by her hair, or drugging her, or hitting her - you'd obviously feel differently about the situation than if immediately after this "incident" the video shows her laughing, grabbing his junk, and then turning around and flashing the crowd yet again to have beads thrown at her.  You simply can't tell the story of the evening from a simple 5 second video clip. 

It puts the situation into context, obviously.  If the rest of the video showed Zeke dragging the girl up to that balcony by her hair, or drugging her, or hitting her - you'd obviously feel differently about the situation than if immediately after this "incident" the video shows her laughing, grabbing his junk, and then turning around and flashing the crowd yet again to have beads thrown at her.  You simply can't tell the story of the evening from a simple 5 second video clip. 
I think we look at this from two different points of view:

On one hand you have a criminal act of a man pulling a woman's shirt down who did not want to be exposed at that particular moment

On the other hand you have the social implications of this where she was in a situation where she was exposing herself and laughing about it and having a great time, before and after this event. They are friends. There are no charges filed.

Letter of the law vs spirit of the law. 

By the letter of the law he committed a crime. By the spirit of the law, it's really not as big of a deal as this seems to be made into. 

Unfortunately for Zeke, Goodell doesn't care about either and makes up his own law. 

On one hand you have a criminal act of a man pulling a woman's shirt down who did not want to be exposed at that particular moment

On the other hand you have the social implications of this where she was in a situation where she was exposing herself and laughing about it and having a great time, before and after this event. They are friends. There are no charges filed.

By the letter of the law he committed a crime. By the spirit of the law, it's really not as big of a deal as this seems to be made into. 

Unfortunately for Zeke, Goodell doesn't care about either and makes up his own law. 
I'm not saying this isn't the case, but I don't think we can claim the bolded just from the video.  I mean she motions repeatedly, and I mean repeatedly to both of her breasts, then points to Zeke, and then repeatedly motions to her breasts again.  For all we know she asked him to do it (either there on the balcony or previously) and she's just "playing along".  Above someone mentioned her slapping his had away - but the TMZ video I saw just ends right when he pulls the top down. 

By the letter of the law, SHE determines if it was unwanted or not, not our biased interpretation of her immediate reaction in a small video clip.  If she doesn't care and does not press charges, he did not commit a crime.  

By the letter of the law, SHE determines if it was unwanted or not, not our biased interpretation of her immediate reaction in a small video clip.  If she doesn't care and does not press charges, he did not commit a crime.  
This is actually a common misconception with law, thanks to TV. Private citizens don't really determine if charges are to be filed. A DA does that. 

In this particular case she would have to file a complaint, and a DA would file charges if he/she deemed there was enough evidence to do so. If she doesn't file a complaint then she essentially gave him permission to do it. And yes, if he has permission it's not a crime. You are correct, if she determines it was not unwanted, then charges won't be filed. From what we know in this thread, it seems that will be the case.

As I said above, unfortunately for Zeke this doesn't matter because Goodell does whatever he wants. With or without charges

Then why does the rest of the video matter a ton?
This is why we have a judicial system.  Because the social justice method fails.  If he walks up to her on a random street and does this there's no question it's a sexual assault.  He didn't though.  This was a party scene, with other possible points of nudity, some of it perhaps being voluntary.  We see wet t-shirt contests or other events where the participants expressly permit themselves to be exposed by others for others.  They frequently gesture to others to participate.  I could cite 2 dozen NSFW places to find it on the internet. What if the rest of the video shows her 20 seconds earlier offering her chest up to a different guy to expose?  You don't think Elliott, 20 seconds later, could have reasonably inferred she was consenting with that gesture and pointing to him?  Context matters.

And my initial comment wasn't accurate - it wasn't clear it wasn't welcome, it was just clear she was surprised by it.  For all we know from that 3 seconds is that she was surprised.  Maybe she didn't think he'd take her up on it despite her offering.

Not entirely true.  A DA can proceed with charges with any kind of evidence, they don't need the victim to press charges.  It's very frequent in domestic abuse cases that despite the victim refusing to press charges or testify, or even testifying in defense of the defendant, the DA will proceed with charges.

Going to have to agree to disagree.  She covers up and swipes his hand away.  In fact, I don't care if she gave him consent to pull her top down earlier or later in the day.  This time, in this video, she didn't.

Not entirely true.  A DA can proceed with charges with any kind of evidence, they don't need the victim to press charges.  It's very frequent in domestic abuse cases that despite the victim refusing to press charges or testify, or even testifying in defense of the defendant, the DA will proceed with charges.
Is there any precedent with similar cases? Someone pulls down the shirt of a friend who does not file a complaint and the DA proceeds with charges? Where have you seen this?

Going to have to agree to disagree.  She covers up and swipes his hand away.  In fact, I don't care if she gave him consent to pull her top down earlier or later in the day.  This time, in this video, she didn't.
That would be a good argument for a courtroom.  If there's no mitigating evidence on the rest of the tape it could well be successful.

Like I said, this thread is full of ridiculousness.  There will be no charges or anything of the matter as it relates to Zeke's stupidity in this instance.  In fact, a second video was posted that shows him reaching in again, her slapping his hand away, then proceeding to flash her #### herself.  

He's proving to be a few cards short of a full deck and his friend seems to enjoy flaunting her parts.  Seems fitting that they're friends.

Is there any precedent with similar cases? Someone pulls down the shirt of a friend who does not file a complaint and the DA proceeds with charges? Where have you seen this?
http://www.rivcoda.org/opencms/daoffice/commonquestions.html#victimdv

​

[SIZE=medium]Q: I am the victim in a domestic violence case and I want to drop the charges. Can I do that?
A:
Many people incorrectly believe that a victim has the power to "press charges" against the abuser, or to later "drop the charges." All crimes are offenses against the community, not just the individual victim. All criminal complaints are prosecuted on behalf of the State of California, not the individual who called the police or the person who may have been personally harmed by the defendant's conduct.
[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Only the prosecutor can file or dismiss charges. This is important because it takes the responsibility for prosecuting the abuser away from the victim and puts it on the prosecutor -- where it legally belongs. It also means that the defendant cannot pressure the victim into dropping the charges.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=medium]Although the decision whether to prosecute or not prosecute is ultimately up to the prosecutor, the victim's opinion is important and the prosecutor will definitely take those wishes into account when making decisions regarding the case.[/SIZE]​

Like I said, this thread is full of ridiculousness.  There will be no charges or anything of the matter as it relates to Zeke's stupidity in this instance.  In fact, a second video was posted that shows him reaching in again, her slapping his hand away, then proceeding to flash her #### herself.  

He's proving to be a few cards short of a full deck and his friend seems to enjoy flaunting her parts.  Seems fitting that they're friends.
Let me ask you this, does Goodell have a track record of not handing out suspensions until the judicial system has played out its course? 

Charges have nothing to do with him being suspended. Hes already under a sexual assault investigation. You think the NFL likes this look? The second video looks even worse. He tries again and gets slapped away a second time.

Users who are viewing this thread