What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Some sort of off the rails minimum wage welfare thing (1 Viewer)

Sterilization. 
While I wouldn't go that far, I'd be in favor of highly effective temporary birth control for those getting benefits. You got a kid or two and need some help, fine. Now, let's get you a Depo shot every few months in order to keep receiving benefits. 

There's no simple fix, but helping to make sure folks that can't afford kids stop having kids until they can seems like a good place to start.

The simple solution is communism.  From all according to their abilities to all according to their needs.

Unfortunately, human nature makes communism impossible to implement successfully.  If you think it's wrong to pay women less for doing the same job as men, how badly will you think it is that you get paid the same as some guy who doesn't do any work at all?

Pay young males $2000 if they will get a vasectomy freely provided by the state. That would be my first proposal as governor.

The simple solution is communism.  From all according to their abilities to all according to their needs.

Unfortunately, human nature makes communism impossible to implement successfully.  If you think it's wrong to pay women less for doing the same job as men, how badly will you think it is that you get paid the same as some guy who doesn't do any work at all?
1.  Is this really as true as they say it is?

2.  In the cases it is, are there reasons for it besides sexism?

You should need a license to have children.
I once thought this to,  but the problem is that rich people don't have many kids because they know they are expensive and they want to stay rich.

So if rich people don't have kids because they don't want them,  and poor people can't have kids because they can't secure a license because they suck...  then you're going to have a massive population decline which kills the economy worse than poor people do.

1.  Is this really as true as they say it is?

2.  In the cases it is, are there reasons for it besides sexism?
It is not really true at all. For every case where some hillbilly still acts this way and pays his female employees less just because they are female, i bet there is another place that pays an underqualified woman the same just because she is a female.

It is not really true at all. For every case where some hillbilly still acts this way and pays his female employees less just because they are female, i bet there is another place that pays an underqualified woman the same just because she is a female.
Lol this sounds real informed and scientific. 

How about instead of increasing an already ridiculously out of control Pentagon budget by 10% we cut it by 25% and put that money towards some nation building here at home. Give those struggling a hand up with job training and opportunity.

How about instead of increasing an already ridiculously out of control Pentagon budget by 10% we cut it by 25% and put that money towards some nation building here at home. Give those struggling a hand up with job training and opportunity.
Won't make much of a difference. There is a huge chunk of the population that is simply unemployable no matter how much opportunity you throw at them.

While I wouldn't go that far, I'd be in favor of highly effective temporary birth control for those getting benefits. You got a kid or two and need some help, fine. Now, let's get you a Depo shot every few months in order to keep receiving benefits. 

There's no simple fix, but helping to make sure folks that can't afford kids stop having kids until they can seems like a good place to start.
We already have a declining population before immigration in this country.  If we were to disincentive people having children it could have really bad impacts on our economy.  We need young healthy people working to keep the retirees afloat.  Look at Japan.  That may change as our economy becomes more and more automated.

Won't make much of a difference. There is a huge chunk of the population that is simply unemployable no matter how much opportunity you throw at them.
I think that is a BS excuse that a lot of people throw out to make it easier to brush aside a segment of our population. 

We already have a declining population before immigration in this country.  If we were to disincentive people having children it could have really bad impacts on our economy.  We need young healthy people working to keep the retirees afloat.  Look at Japan.  That may change as our economy becomes more and more automated.
The hell with Japan, look at China. China's population is becoming increasingly aged due to population control provisions put in place years ago.  What they have now is the burden of an elderly population, that no longer provides to the economy, and becoming a huge burden on families that are able to take care of them, and moreso, society as a whole.  approximately 1/2 million of elderly Chinese go 'missing' each year.  That's crazy.  And as their population ages even further, expect massive slow downs in economic growth.

Increasing minimum wage is not going to help people that aren't currently working and on welfare.  I know this may sound like common sense to most, but I tend not to overestimate the intelligence of FBG's.  Further, increasing minimum wage will lead to fewer jobs, and will ultimately increase the number of people on some form of government assistance.

I'm not saying that minimum wage shouldn't/couldn't be raised, as I believe ~$10/hour would be good (with higher minimums in certain higher COL places n the U.S.), but this is certainly not going to solve any massive problems we have, but it would be a nice assist to millions of American households.

Unfortunately in many cases this is exactly how our welfare system works.

Pay young males $2000 if they will get a vasectomy freely provided by the state. That would be my first proposal as governor.
How about old males? I could use a couple extra K's and I could wave the receipt in the face of any preggo who tries anything funny.

If you are healthy than there should be a formula that for every dollar of welfare you get you have to due x amount of hours of community service (ex, cleaning up poor neighborhoods)...

1. Drug testing for anyone who receives Welfare. Most people have to do that to get a job and keep it so they can do it too.

2. A tiered system for people when they get a job. For example- You get a job at $10 an hour for the first 3 months you get full welfare, next 3 half, next 6 months 25%. Make there be a financial incentive to work. It is a problem when working is less beneficial. 

3. Time limit on how long you can be on welfare for a continuous time without working.

4. Agree on requiring community service.

If you are healthy than there should be a formula that for every dollar of welfare you get you have to due x amount of hours of community service (ex, cleaning up poor neighborhoods)...
Is selling me weed considered community service?

Good thinking. Never happen 

1. Drug testing for anyone who receives Welfare. Most people have to do that to get a job and keep it so they can do it too.
I tried this here a month or so ago. Doesn't go over well on this board

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one - outlaw abortion. Then all the poor folk who would normally have an abortion would instead have an unwanted child. Should do wonders to help people get off welfare.

Unfortunately in many cases this is exactly how our welfare system works.
And look how pissed people are about that.  And how it incentivises people to try and find ways to get paid to not work.  Human nature won't allow communism to work.  It would be an ideal solution if it could work, though - everyone working as best they can to benefit a society that takes care of all the people living in it.  

And just when I think I seen it all, in comes Boston.  

Users who are viewing this thread